Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: D'Antoni Benched Marbury because...

Originally Posted by abcd
    LJ4PTPlay, you are such a hypocrite. You've said several times in the past that you want Marbury gone from the team. Does that mean you're not a Knick fan? Please think before you post.

Also, I never said I'd rather have Marbury score 35 points and have the team lose than win.

You just happened to be very biased, so you feel that the Knicks only lost because of Marbury, and not because the team had a horrible coach and GM(Isiah Thomas) with horrible players(Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Jerome James, Malik Rose, Jared Jeffries, Mardy Collins). I feel that Marbury can do well in this system and help the team win. I don't feel Duhon can.

I really question your basketball IQ, because a 3-2 start to the season does not mean a team is going to start playing well and finish with a good record. There's 82 games in a season, not 20, not 10, 82.

The Knicks were 2-1 last year. What did they finish with? 23 wins

So please think before you post stupid comments such as the last one you just posted.

PS- I'm not a Marbury fan over a Knick fan. It's about equal.
    It's not hypocritical to want a player that has been the cause of so much drama and negativity to be gone. It's my opinion that the sooner he's gone, the sooner we can begin moving in the right direction. If Mebury was playing, however, I would be rooting for him to succeed, because he's a Knick and his success would equal Knick's success. I have never rooted for Mebury to fail. You're rooting for our coach and players to fail because of your love for Mebury. By rooting for them to fail because of 1 player (that isn't part of the future) is rooting for the Knicks to fail. If Duhon fails, I will be disappointed and asking for him to leave, but I will never root for him to fail. You will be celebrating if Duhon fails. That's the difference and why you're a Mebury fan over a Knick fan. You're rooting for failure to prove a point. If Duhon succeeds which equals Knick success, you will be disappointed.

What happened to you abcd? You used to be a respectable poster but you've let the praises of MSG and Metro get to you. A word of advice, don't follow their lead. It only makes you look like an ass.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    It's not hypocritical to want a player that has been the cause of so much drama and negativity to be gone. It's my opinion that the sooner he's gone, the sooner we can begin moving in the right direction. If Mebury was playing, however, I would be rooting for him to succeed, because he's a Knick and his success would equal Knick's success. I have never rooted for Mebury to fail. You're rooting for our coach and players to fail because of your love for Mebury. By rooting for them to fail because of 1 player (that isn't part of the future) is rooting for the Knicks to fail. If Duhon fails, I will be disappointed and asking for him to leave, but I will never root for him to fail. You will be celebrating if Duhon fails. That's the difference and why you're a Mebury fan over a Knick fan. You're rooting for failure to prove a point. If Duhon succeeds which equals Knick success, you will be disappointed.

What happened to you abcd? You used to be a respectable poster but you've let the praises of MSG and Metro get to you. A word of advice, don't follow their lead. It only makes you look like an ass.
    Just because I don't agree with some of the things being done by management doesn't mean I'm not a Knick fan.

About my posting, I've always posted at a high level. I never followed MSG and metrocard. I agreed with them, the minute I came on this site, because they also supported Marbury. I don't know what thread it was, because it was such a long time ago, but my first post was actually one that supported Marbury.

I don't know where people get that I'm following other posters, when I've supported Marbury from the first day I got here.

I'm clearly not a Marbury fan over a Knick fan. That's why I like several other players on the Knicks including:
    Zach Randolph(who you've said you don't like in the past), Wilson Chandler, Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson, and David Lee.

I don't have to prove to you that I'm a Knick fan, because it's clear that I am. Why would I make 1,619 posts, over an 11 month period, if I didn't like the Knicks?

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by abcd
    It won't fit. I'm only allowed to put 100 characters, and I'm not going to get rid of my Zach Randolph signature for the sake of writing out all of Duhon's stats. Plus, Duhon sucks. Those numbers are inflated from his game against Washington. The season just started. His numbers will go down. I didn't know you loved Chris Duhon. Maybe you should put his stats on your signature.
    i dont love duhon .. he is aight.. hes a good role player .

his number will not go down if he continues to get 36mpg. if u based his career stats over that vs 25 mpg heplayed when he was with the bulls. i think he right around his career avg.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay

Excluding your attack on ABCD, I agree with your views. Support the players even if they do bad, but getting rid of Marbury won't hurt this team greatly. Just that the way it is being done right now is very poor. He is a star that is being benched for reasons unknown other than "he isn't part of the future" as said by Mike D. Who cares about the future right now. The future is shedding cap space and getting Lebron James to fall in our lap. Benching Marbury is not going to make us have a prosperous future. It is only hurting our team now because we have our best overall player watching the game in a suit and not a uniform. And it is hurting the fans to see their star player benched every game when scrubs like Collins get minutes.

I see Marbury being possibly moved come trade deadline. If he doesn't see playing time for half the year, expect a team to pick up a guy that has a humongous itch to play basketball in the best shape of his life. I'd make the move if I was another team.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i agree Paul but one thing im worried about is the knicks putting all their hope into landing someone in the 2010 free agent class...what if it doesn't happen we're screwed but have alot of cap space i just want us to build a championship contender, LeBron likely wont leave and i doubt Wade leaves either so that leaves us with a chance at either Stat or Bosh, great superstars but dont want our hopes strictly on that...anyways i still think we should play marbury cause as paul said he's in the best shape of his life so he will be amazing on the court...duhon has had a couple of good games but everyone does....he still shouldnt start

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I just can't stand how Duhon plays. Its not pleasing.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by metrocard
    just so plain and boring he has alot of sloppy passes too,but he's be alright so far

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Duhon can give you 10 assist in a game with good minutes plus score 15 points and can get hot at times. His problem is just molding his offensive game. He blows easy layups that should go in and he shoots three's at times were their is an open man, but most of the time he is pass-first which is why he is important. His defense needs to step up, I haven't seen him get a bunch of steals or a block yet to show that he is a good defender. And he let up the points in last game vs the Mavericks with a guy right in front of him that tied the game...a good defender would have made that a harder shot.

A guy who can feed like Duhon can makes guys like Zach, Lee, Chandler, and Crawford better because he finds the open men.

He should get better as he plays so that he learns which guys to pass to in certain situations. He has to be the floor general of this team.

Team Starbury admits Duhon is of to a good start, but we are only 9 games in. Also, Duhon has shown inconsistency. He also proved to us he will never break 15 points more than once in a season.....

Originally Posted by jpz17
    He also proved to us he will never break 15 points more than once in a season.....
    Nothing wrong with that. Highest ppg average John Stockton ever averaged was like 15. Most of his career was around 10-12. Is Duhon Stockton-like? No. But its just an example that shows that you do NOT need a high scoring PG.

I've always hated the term shoot first pg. No such thing. A guard that shoots first and passes second is a shooting guard. As much as I love Gilbert Arenas and his fantastic sneakers, which are the best basketball shoes I've ever owned, he is not a point guard. Some teams just employ a two shooting guard lineup...Nothing wrong with it...Just a different style of play.

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Nothing wrong with that. Highest ppg average John Stockton ever averaged was like 15. Most of his career was around 10-12. Is Duhon Stockton-like? No. But its just an example that shows that you do NOT need a high scoring PG.

I've always hated the term shoot first pg. No such thing. A guard that shoots first and passes second is a shooting guard. As much as I love Gilbert Arenas and his fantastic sneakers, which are the best basketball shoes I've ever owned, he is not a point guard. Some teams just employ a two shooting guard lineup...Nothing wrong with it...Just a different style of play.
    and a D'Antoni system requires a heck of a lot of shooting