View Poll Results: Should Starbury be playing???

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yessir

26 70.27%
  • Bench him the whole season

3 8.11%
  • Buy him out

8 21.62%
Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 4: Bobcats vs Knicks 11/5 @ 7:00 PM ET

Game Thread Game 4: Bobcats vs Knicks 11/5 @ 7:30 PM ET

The Charlotte Bobcats (1-2) vs the New York Knicks (1-2)
    Wed. 11/5 at 7:30pm ET on MSG

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host the Gold Mac 10 and I would like to welcome you to the show. After the Knicks beat the Heat in their season debut, things have taken a turn for the worse. After getting embarrassed by the Philadelphia 76ers, the Knicks lost by 8 points to a below average Milwaukee Bucks team. The Knicks dont have the offense or defense to make the playoffs. Knicks fans have suffered for the most part of the last 4 years. This team needs to make a living off of teams like the Bucks, Bobcats, Nets, and the Miami Heat. As fans we need to settle for entertainment, not wins.

The Knicks are in desperate need of a star. They need a player who can break down defenses and get into the paint drawing double teams. They need a player who can consistently get the ball to the open man. They need a player who can get to the free throw line at will, someone who can get the crowd into the game. They need a player who if necessary can carry the team offensively while playing good defense on opposing guards. Too bad the Knicks don't have a player like this.

The Bobcats are coming of an 18 point loss to the Pistons. Charlotte was down by 2 at halftime, after that Rip Hamilton carried Detroit past Larry Clown and the Bobcats. Speakin of Larry Clown, hes now the coach of the Bobcats. And Michael Jordan has been the gm....you know i hate that team. I hope they suck and eventually Jordan gets fired. He might have been a great player but as a gm hes a failure. Smh @ him drafting Kwame Brown first.

If you were unable to see the Bucks game heres the highlights

STARTING LINEUPS

The Charlotte Bobcats

pg-Raymond Felton
    sg-Jason Richardson
    sf-Gerald Wallace
    pf-Jared Dudley
    C-Emeka Okafor

Backups: Shannon Brown, Adam Morrison, D.J. Augustin, Andre Brown, Nazr Mohammed, Alex Ajinca, Matt Carol

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHORN
    AT SHOOTING GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
    AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
    AT POWER FORWARD DAVID LEE
    AT CENTER ZACH RANDOLPH

BACKUPS: NATE ROBINSON, WILSON CHANDLER, MARDY COLLINS, MALIK ROSE, DANILO GALLINARI

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Chris Duhorn vs Raymond Felton

VS

Chris Duhorn

Chris Duhorn has hurt the Knicks more then hes helped them so far. We'll see if hes able to contain Raymond Felton who hasn't scored more then 10 points in a game so far. Duhorns defense has been terrible thus far, getting burned by rookie Mario Chalmers, Andre Miller, and Ramon Sessions of the Bucks. It kind of reminds me of Jamal Crawford except worse. Crawford is known for giving up alot of points to opposing shooting guards, but every couple of games he manages to match his opponent and cancel out his lack of defense. Duhorn has not been a factor on both ends of the court.

Raymond Felton

Has not done much so far this season. Raymonds averaging 7 points and 4.3 assists through 3 games. Hes been playing 29 minutes per game, but the pressure is on him with rookie point guard D.J. Augustin backing him up, and I can't forget about Shannon Brown who offensively looks the best of the 3 of them. This is a good game for Felton, he has to take advantage of a weak defender like Duhorn.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
    • Box Out: The Bobcats have been a poor team on the boards so far
    • Guards need to play better defense
    • Do NOT let Zach Randolph take so many shots
    • Better ball movement, better team play

Player Spotlight

Chris Duhorn

Chris Duhorn to this point has been the worst player in the starting lineup. He has the spotlight on him but not for a good reason. Duhorn needs to step up his play and become a factor on both ends of the court. Im not sure whats worse: His stats or how great opposing point guards have played against him.

Chris Duhorns Stats:
    36.3mpg
    6.7ppg
    30% fg
    4.3apg

Now lets look at stat lines from his opponents:

Mario Chalmers (And let me remind you, this was his first game as a pro): 17 points(7-13), 8 assists

Chalmers has played 2 games since his NBA debut, averaging 4.5 points and 5 assists

Andre Miller:20 points (8-12), 8 assists, 7 rebounds (33 minutes)

Ramon Sessions:18 points (8-17), 8 assists, 7 rebounds

Who will win the Coaching matchup, the former Knicks Coach or the current coach of the Knicks???

Throwback Joint of the Day:

Artist:Gangstarr
    Title:Mass Appeal
    Album:Hard to Earn
    Year:1994

Download "Mass Appeal" Here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Knicks upcoming Schedule:

• Fri, Nov 7 @ Washington 7:00 PM
    • Sun, Nov 9 vs Utah 3:00 PM
    • Tues, Nov 11 @ San Antonio 8:30 PM
    • Wed, Nov 12 @ Memphis 8:00 PM
    • Fri, Nov 14 @ Oklahoma City 7:30 PM

Thanks for joining me for my first pregame show. And remember to watch the Knicks Wednesday night on MSG.
    Last edited by MSGKnickz33; Nov 05, 2008 at 17:20.

Yo MSG you have to fix the date under your title. The thread title is right but in the post it says 10/31....that got me really confused for a few minutes so change that up.

Fixed

Good game on tonight...celtics vs rockets on nba tv

Great Game Thread again MSG. Again you were dead on with the throwback song (one of the best beats ever!).

The game tommorow will be between a team that cant score vs. a team that cant defend, who will prevail?

Great thread as always MSG. Normally I would say we could win this game, but we've been playing so crappy that I wouldn't be surprised if we lose.

I'm looking forward to that Celtics-Rockets game. Very possible that it is a finals preview.

Nice post MSG, you forgot the Bobacts Logo tho-

Who is Jared Dudly?

Starting SF for Charlotte? Never heard of him.

Originally Posted by New New York
    Great Game Thread again MSG. Again you were dead on with the throwback song (one of the best beats ever!).

The game tommorow will be between a team that cant score vs. a team that cant defend, who will prevail?
    thanks, and i agree about that beat. I've heard many refer to that as one of the best beats ever...i got the link up now, zshare wasnt workin

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Great thread as always MSG. Normally I would say we could win this game, but we've been playing so crappy that I wouldn't be surprised if we lose.

I'm looking forward to that Celtics-Rockets game. Very possible that it is a finals preview.
    thanks....and go Rockets!!!

Originally Posted by Akamu
    Nice post MSG, you forgot the Bobacts Logo tho-
    I use smaller sizes for opposing lineups, and i write in lowercase letters. For knicks its all caps and bigger fonts. I also put those small pics of the players for opposing teams. We suck on the court but i try to make it so that we at least look better in the game threads. Im already losing motivation with the game threads, were lookin like we wont even be competitive and entertaining. But i should have at least one logo of the team were playin...even if its real small.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Who is Jared Dudly?

Starting SF for Charlotte? Never heard of him.
    I dont know a whole lot about him but i believe hes a 2nd year player whos considered to be an average role player. Hes only 6'7, 225...but i just realized he startin at power forward instead of small. I think it would make more sense to have him sf because of how athletic and good defensively gerald wallace is, but what do i know? Im just the guy that makes the game threads

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

great pregame thread MSG great to have you back at it...anyways we need this win we gotta come out scoring cause us knics fans are growing restless if we lose this then D'Antoni you have got to wake the **** up and start playing your best player its our only hope of being competitive so lets come out and not stall on offense like we did last couple of games first we get smacked by the 76ers then the horrible showing vs the Bucks.

WE WANT MARBURY!!

Veteran

msg... great job... as usual... but putting up pics of our starting lineup, is really depressing... what a cast of losers we got there...

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    great pregame thread MSG great to have you back at it...anyways we need this win we gotta come out scoring cause us knics fans are growing restless if we lose this then D'Antoni you have got to wake the **** up and start playing your best player its our only hope of being competitive so lets come out and not stall on offense like we did last couple of games first we get smacked by the 76ers then the horrible showing vs the Bucks.

WE WANT MARBURY!!
    thanks....I hope that if we lose enough D'antoni will start playin starbury but probably not, that would only make him look worse

Originally Posted by paris401
    msg... great job... as usual... but putting up pics of our starting lineup, is really depressing... what a cast of losers we got there...
    I agree, one of the worst starting lineups in the league.

This is one we should win, but that means nothing. I hope we see better games from Crawford and Lee in this game.

KnicksonLIN.com

The Knicks are going to get their ass kicked.

Raymond Felton >>>> Chris Duhorne
    Jason Richardson >>> Jamal Crawford
    Gerald Wallace>>>>>>>>>>>> Quentin Richardson

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

MSG is the King.

Felton is too fast for Duhon, Duhon once again won't be a factor.

Knicks lose.

Originally Posted by abcd
    The Knicks are going to get their ass kicked.

Raymond Felton >>>> Chris Duhorne
    Jason Richardson >>> Jamal Crawford
    Gerald Wallace>>>>>>>>>>>> Quentin Richardson
    co-sign

Originally Posted by metrocard
    MSG is the King.

Felton is too fast for Duhon, Duhon once again won't be a factor.

Knicks lose.
    thanks bro...i felt it was very necessary to sh!t on duhoe with this thread. He has been a non factor to this point and I gotta give a lot of credit to you, kiyaman, abcd, and everyone else for sh!ttin on duhole and seein the truth, that starbury is still the best player on this team and he belongs startin and playin 40 minutes a game. Theres no hope for some of the haterburys like notreal and lgay. They have been proven as haters, blinded to the truth. There opinions are strongly biased makin them invalid. The team starbury movement has reached a new level of greatness and swag. I got one more thank you....to kiyaman for joinin team starbury.