Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Allan Houston Era is Officially Waived

Default The Allan Houston Era is Officially Waived

or maybe not....

Negotiations are in place for him in the front office of the team.

His playing days are done. We're all getting old.

At least we won't see him rocking that hideous #14. He needs a retirement ceremony and his jersey retired on some real s***.

He was a great Knick, but if Benard King or even to a lesser extent Charles Oakley don't have there numbers retired you can't retire Houstons

<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 <tr><TBODY><TR><TD class=s_playerNewsTitle style="BACKGROUND: #fe4d01"><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width=33></TD><TD align=left> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]-G-[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" align=right>Oct. 23 - 11:50 am et</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD style="BACKGROUND: #fe4d01" width=14></TD><TD width=6></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder></TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>Knicks waived guard Allan Houston.
    The move doesn't come as much of a surprise. Houston was nagged (as always) by injuries all through camp and was a long shot for a roster spot. He is expected to have talks with the Knicks about joining the front office. The Knicks also cut ties with Dan Grunfeld.
    Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

oh no hustons, is worse day of life of dirk, why is not knee of curry not colapse??? can doctor not put knee of huston good so he can do the runing all is need to do is stand him up his arm will do the 90&#37; shoot on floor or put rule in NBA so hustons can play in weelchairs

Default Knicks and Houston Discuss New Role

"New York Knicks and Allan Houston Begin Discussions Regarding New Role, as 2008-2009 NBA Basketball Season Gets Underway"

New York, NY. October 23, 2008. New York Knicks announced today that "starting immediately, there will be on-going discussions with Allan Houston about having a new role for him within the franchise, as the 2008-2009 NBA Basketball Season gets underway."

An Open Letter from Allan Houston reads as follows:

"First and foremost, my family and I would like to thank Knicks President Donnie Walsh and Coach Mike D’Antoni for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of the New York Knicks organization again. These are two of the most knowledgeable and respected men in basketball and I look forward to learning more from them. Although I was very excited about potentially joining my NY Knicks teammates this year in uniform, I believe that the circumstances suggest that I am best suited to serve the team in a different role.

I realize that we often make our own plans in our heart, but God always has even bigger plans for us. I am extremely blessed to have witnessed a special era in New York Knicks history, and I know basketball fans everywhere, especially Knick fans, are ready for the return of this franchise and hopefully I will be able to serve a role in being a part of that again.

Secondly, I want to also sincerely and personally thank family, friends, fans, prayer partners for all of your overwhelming support. Through [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] & the Allan Houston Legacy Foundation, we will always stay connected and remain committed to equipping our next generation to live fruitful lives, making a difference and positively impacting the community for years to come," said Allan Houston.

About Allan Houston:

For more information, to get the latest news, media requests, blogs or partnership inquiries, please email: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or for more information, click here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by richtree
    <TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 <tr><TBODY><TR><TD class=s_playerNewsTitle style="BACKGROUND: #fe4d01"><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width=33></TD><TD align=left> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]-G-[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" align=right>Oct. 23 - 11:50 am et</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD style="BACKGROUND: #fe4d01" width=14></TD><TD width=6></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder></TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>Knicks waived guard Allan Houston.
    The move doesn't come as much of a surprise. Houston was nagged (as always) by injuries all through camp and was a long shot for a roster spot. He is expected to have talks with the Knicks about joining the front office. The Knicks also cut ties with Dan Grunfeld.
    Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Still one more cut left... who will it be?

That press release is one classy statement!!!

Superstar

About time....glad he came to his senses, if he was a soft player in his hey day....i don't know how he could have contributed positively to us this year. Put him in the position that removes Isiah completely from this franchise.

I'm kinda bummed about this. I know it was a long shot, but I wanted to see H20 in a game. Although it wouldn't be the same with him wearing 14.

Default Farewell to a Great Knick

I wanted to see him play too, but I saw another injury coming. Some guys just get hurt and keep getting hurt frequently. Houston shot lights out and was a leader on this team during the training camp. I really wanted him to inspire skill, awareness, and leadership to guys like Nate and Crawford. But it was not meant to be, and God bless to Allan Houston. Good luck. And I hope he becomes a coach of some sort soon enough.

Nyk Logo

It is not too often that I feel bad personally about the Knicks reoccurring disappointments but this hits me over the head once again, great anticipation gone instantaneously.

I really wanted to see my favorite player get at it and achieve enough greatness to have his number retired and not be worn by clowns like Jefferies.

He went out in worst fashion and never was able to get that championship he deserved.

H20 > Reggie Miller

Hope he at least can still contribute and show his face around the Knicks orginization.

Water never looked this Smooth!

Thank god!!!

He doesn't deserve to have his jersey retired.

You'd have to retire the Oakman's and Starks' way before his.

Neither of them deserve to have their jerseys retired either.

Originally Posted by Akamu
    It is not too often that I feel bad personally about the Knicks reoccurring disappointments but this hits me over the head once again, great anticipation gone instantaneously.

I really wanted to see my favorite player get at it and achieve enough greatness to have his number retired and not be worn by clowns like Jefferies.

He went out in worst fashion and never was able to get that championship he deserved.

H20 > Reggie Miller

Hope he at least can still contribute and show his face around the Knicks orginization.

Water never looked this Smooth!
    that picture is sick

Originally Posted by Akamu
    H20 > Reggie Miller
    You can not be serious? I really wonder what's wrong with some of the members of this board.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Houston was better than Starks.

Starks was just a glorified 6th man.

hustons beter than kobe bryan