Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Wilson Chandler start

Question Mark Should Wilson Chandler start

I would have to say yes as of right now b/c he is flat out ballin right now for the Knicks.D-Lee is a team player and he would'nt mind a bit besides D-Lee seems like he does better when coming off the bench.The Knicks would have better starts when the game begins,plus they would have two energy players coming off the bench in Lee and Nate to keep the run and gun going.

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    I would have to say yes as of right now b/c he is flat out ballin right now for the Knicks.D-Lee is a team player and he would'nt mind a bit besides D-Lee seems like he does better when coming off the bench.The Knicks would have better starts when the game begins,plus they would have two energy players coming off the bench in Lee and Nate to keep the run and gun going.

Robinson and Chandler should be starting.

Well at first I also thought that Nate should be starting but I now think that he would help us more coming off the bench as of now.One reason I want him to come off the bench is b/c if he would start we would'nt have another PG that would energize the team like he does coming off the bench.Now Chandler on the other brings the hustle and energy like Lee does so we won't be losing nothing in that position.Nate needs to keep playing his role b/c Duhon would'nt bring the same play off the bench like Nate does now.JMO

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Well at first I also thought that Nate should be starting but I now think that he would help us more coming off the bench as of now.One reason I want him to come off the bench is b/c if he would start we would'nt have another PG that would energize the team like he does coming off the bench.Now Chandler on the other brings the hustle and energy like Lee does so we won't be losing nothing in that position.Nate needs to keep playing his role b/c Duhon would'nt bring the same play off the bench like Nate does now.JMO
    I understand what you're saying, but I kinda feel that if Mike is playing this short rotation, we'll continue to have a majority of our energy players on the court at all time if we have more of them starting. He doesn't usually bring in a new unit like Isiah would, he just replaces one or two at a time. I kinda feel this would leave us with a more energy full lineup more throughout the game as his starters seem to get more grind most of the time.

Chandler should start but Robinson should come of the bench.

Yes I agree we difiently need more height at the center position b/c right now that is putting Lee,Randoph,and Chandler in a tough spot b/c they are'nt centers.Mike does'nt have any other choice but play a short rotation as of right now.We have no center at all and like I said before Lee,Randoph,and Chandler are being put in a tough situation every game.We difiently need a center that can run,block,and play defense.

You never know he might put Nate as a starter if Duhon does'nt play better.I would like to see them get another quick PG to take Nates role on the bench before he lets Nate starts\ thow.Chandler needs to start thow and like I said Lee would'nt mind a bit b/c he is a team player and I think he knows he plays better off the bench.I could be wrong but I think Lee has alot on his mind ever since they did'nt sign him a new contract.He was playing really well until the contract talks started.Hopefully if he comes off the bench maybe he can get back to playing the way he always plays.

Veteran

I really wish I knew what direction this Knick Team is going in.

SF-Wilson Chandler performance is one of the number one reasons why my hate for Isiah errupted like a vocano. And when Walsh selected uncle Dantoni nephew SF-Gallinari with the 6th pick my hatred for Isiah went straight at the two headed monsters Walsh & Dantoni.

The Knicks need to be working on a Future lineup of PF-Lee, SF-Chandler, and Combo-Guard Nasty Nate. Those three players should be on the court together for at least 30 mpg developing a trio chemistry for the future of this team. All three young players should be signed for the next three to four seasons so they can work together on court and off court.

Should all three be Starters? Yes! alongside of Marbury & Curry this season. Our Bench Players were supposed to be Crawful, Q.Rich, and Zach.
    This season is about Nate, Chandler, and Lee mastering just one position on offense/defense on the court. Not have them play the next-teammates position. Thats for experience veteran players to do.

Nate already master the combo-guard position he just need to start playing the majority of his playingtime with the same unit.
    Lee need to play at just the PF position so he could get use to all his oponents weakside and strongsides.
    Chandler is a second season player that has tough competition with the many Super Star SF in the Eastern Conference to handle. He do not need to be bumbing bodies half of his playingtime each game this season with PF that will injure him in the long run.

How sure are we Knick Fans that by the end of this season that Nate, Chandler, and Lee will still be on the Knicks roster? we would not be sure if Isiah Thomas was still at the helm. And we all feel the sameway about Walsh & Dantoni at the helm.
    Did Walsh talk to the Knick Players at the end of lastseason about what is expected of them this season? it dont look like he talked to Curry and James.

The Indiana Pacers just gave Granger a $64M extension to his contract and he knows that the majority of his playingtime for the next two seasons will be at the SF position alongside of teammates PG-TJ Ford, SG-Daniels, PF-Murphy. A 4-man lineup that will stick with C-Foster untill they can find better. But these 5 players will get at least 28 mpg on the court together this season to keep building on their offense/defense chemistry.

Wilson and Nate should both be starting as well as keeping Lee in the starting line-up as well. (I hope he plays with a chip on his shoulder this year because of the non-contract extention he received...... I just hope he's not to pissed and he leaves at the end of the season!)

I agree with Kiyaman on the whole Minuts for Chandler,Nate and Lee thing. They're our future! Those 3 with Gallo comming off the bench like Ganobali in SA...... hugh seems like were stuck with the same problem we've been stuck with the past allmost decade, NO floor general (true PG) and NO Big Man (true ALL AROUND C)..........Rubio-Thaibeat, that would be nice

As long as Chandler and Nate are getting a good number of minutes it doesn't really matter to me if they start or not. It's obvious to me that Chandler is the starting small or power forward of the future of this team so if D'Antoni wants to bring him off the bench for now it doesn't really share.

Nate is bust suited to be a 6th man like a Barbosa. No knock on him as a player but with his energy he is a perfect 6th man. He's getting plenty of minutes and playing down the stretch so its not a big deal.

And Kiya i know your love Lee but the jury is still out on weather hes going to be our future or atleast if he is the future he may be better suited as a bench guy. Gallinari is 6'10 and Chandler is 6'9 with seasoning and some work in the weight room either could slide to the power forward spot.

The future is Nate, Chandler, Gallinari, Possibly Lee, Next years # 1 pick, and hopefully Lebron James.

2010 hopeful lineup

Rubio/Jennings or another PG from a deep draft class
    James
    Chandler
    Gallinari
    Veteran rebouding center

Bench
    Nate
    Lee

Also Kiya Nate, Lee, and Chandler play together alot. 6 minutes into every game the lineup is this.

Duhon
    Nate
    Crawford
    Chandler
    Lee

Veteran

Should Chandler replace Q.Rich in the starting lineup? Yes!
    Last year should Lee have replaced Q.Rich in the starting lineup? Yes!

Chandler was drafted as a 6.8 215 lb GF
    Lee was drafted as a 6.9 225 lb F
    Granger was drafted as a 6.9 220 lb GF

Danny Granger is the only one of the 3 that played practically all his NBA playingtime at the same position, and was rewarded a $64M extension after 3 seasons in the NBA.

David Lee played SF his Rookie season, played PF his second season, and played Center his third season.
    Will Wilson Chandler be put through the same bull?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Should Chandler replace Q.Rich in the starting lineup? Yes!
    Last year should Lee have replaced Q.Rich in the starting lineup? Yes!

Chandler was drafted as a 6.8 215 lb GF
    Lee was drafted as a 6.9 225 lb F
    Granger was drafted as a 6.9 220 lb GF

Danny Granger is the only one of the 3 that played practically all his NBA playingtime at the same position, and was rewarded a $64M extension after 3 seasons in the NBA.

David Lee played SF his Rookie season, played PF his second season, and played Center his third season.
    Will Wilson Chandler be put through the same bull?
    Because the player plays the position that best suits the teams needs?? That seems like a viable answer to me.

So if you give Chandler all his minutes at the small forward spot that means you want Malik Rose, Curry, and or James to play some serious minutes correct?

Lee played the small forward position out of despiration during Larry Browns tenure, but he isn't a small forward. He doesn't have the ball handling, shooting touch, or lateral quickness to defend any small forwards.

So NO Lee shouldn't have replaced Q Rich.

Chandler will eventually take Richardsons spot just give it time. Chandler is playing around 30 minutes a night so it shouldn't really be an issue. I could see the complains if he wasn't getting minutes but he is.

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Robinson and Chandler should be starting.
    cosign

After last night this team needs to realize that our energy is the back bone of this team
    . With energy we excel and play better overall as a team. Nate should start because he has freakish athleticism and terrific stamina. He also showed last night that he can easily take over games.

Chandler should have started over Q Rich at the start of the year. Mike D has a thing for Q Rich and every game except game 3, Q has struggled.

Q Rich and Crawford are too inconsistent to be starters on this team. I would trust Crawford over Q Rich however.

If Marbury stays benched...this should be the ultimate lineup no questions asked.

Nate
    Crawford
    Chandler
    Randolph
    Lee

Do you think Chandler can make the Rookie Sophomore game?

Originally Posted by chandlerlee4
    Do you think Chandler can make the Rookie Sophomore game?
    he should and yes I think he can if he STARTS.

he should even if he doesn't