Game 5: Knicks vs Wizards 11/7 @ 7:00pm ET

portega1968

El Cacique
If they can beat the Spurs or the Jazz, then I'll be impressed.

Spurs are without Parker and have had a very bad start... they got beat by Miami, so I would be pissed if the Knicks lose against them given their current plight. If they win, then there is hope but I would not be impressed

The Jazz are without Deron, so Knicks need to take advantage of this also.

I do agree with you that these are teams we're supposed to beat and I will not be convinced we will make the playoffs until we beat playoff contenders convincingly.

I also don't care much if Duhon is not racking up big points as long as he's pushing the offense, making the right passes and limiting turnovers (12 assists and no turnovers, how can anyone criticize him after that?)

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
man idk what ya been seeing the last couple of seasons but a win is a win regardless vs who it is, some of ya acting like we been a playoff team the last couple of seasons, some of ya got the "those are the teams we suppose to beat" but guess what, those teams we're beating are saying the same thing, we 3-2 and the team playing out there is having fun

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i didnt watch the game i only saw the first quarter then went out didnt find out we won till late...from what i saw Chandler again was a monster...Nate was the sparkplug he's always been...and Zach continued to play well and our shots were on the money...we need better defense cause thats gonnna bite us in the ass when we play the better teams in the League like the Jazz, Lakers , Pistons just to name a few. Zach actually fits into the system pretty well not like i guessed...again Chandler was better than Q-Brick on suprise there on a matter of time till he starts.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Some Facts from last nights game:

. We had 36 assists on 46 field goals, and we're on the money from the 3-point line (13-of-32). stats that would've seemed impossible from last years team...we actually play as a team.

. Our scoring was evend out Crawford had 23, Zach continued puting up monster numbers 22 and 13 rebounds, Chandler had 17 and Nate had 17 as well.

. All thats left is to get Brandon Jennings or Ricky Rubio in the draft and our core of Jennings/Rubio, Chandler, Nate(our 6th man) , Gallo and Lee will be good for the future.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
wilson chandler is no longer just the future...hes now the present and future

I like his mid range game, hes got a couple of post up moves, hes a good rebounder, defender, and he gets high above the rim.

Duhorn finally played good. This is the first game so far where i think his defense was good through out the game and he did a real nice job of distributing the ball, and not turning the ball over.

Zach randolph played well. He was all over the boards and he scored over 20 points.

Ill say this about crawford...hes still not playing any defense at all, i dont expect that to ever change at this point. It seems like has shot selection has improved...not a lot, but theres been games where hes struggled so instead of going 2-20 he doesnt take as many shots. He had that ugly game where he went 0-6 against the bucks....last year that woulda been at least 0-10. So ill give him his credit but his shot selection could still be a lot better.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
New New York, you are slowly starting to become a poor poster.

Your posts are very illogical.

Having 12 assists for one game is not consistent offensive production. Chris Duhon never has and never will average even 6 assists per game. Don't get your head gassed over one game. Duhon has sucked for most of this season.

You can not tell me that 6 points per game is sufficient offense for a starting point guard.

Also, the Knicks did not play the Wizard team that made the playoffs last year. The Knicks played the Wizards without Gilbert Arenas and Brendan Haywood(two of their starters).

The Knicks won 3 games, because they were fortunate enough to play a rebuilding Miami Heat team that went 15-67 last year(in New York), a rebuilding Bobcat team that is yet to even win 35 games for a season, and a Wizards team that was missing two of their starters.

Like I said, until the Knicks beat a .500 team, I'm not impressed. I still don't see the Knicks even getting 25 wins, if they continue to get zero offense from two of their 5 starters(Duhon and Richardson).

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Crawford is the definition of Streaky. unfourtunatly we're not as good as we think. Wait till the schedule has us playing playoff contenders not just championship contenders we're gonna show our true colors.

JayJ44

Starter
I love the way Wilson Chandler is playing. He's letting the game come to him, and once he gets to the free throw line a little more he's gonna be unstoppable. I liked that he started because we started out with much more energy, I hope this is permanent.

I wish Zach's contract was for 5-7 million less so we could keep him. He's playing well, and he's much more willing to pass the ball than last season.

Crawford has to start getting to the free throw line much more. When his shot isn't hitting, which seems like its most of the time, he needs another way to score instead of just scoring 1 point. Last night, his shot was going down but he's so inconsistent.

Duhon played really well last night, hope he keeps it up. We don't need him to score 20, but at least 10 would be nice. His defense was good, if he keeps playing like that we'll do great.

TunerAddict

Starter

Having 12 assists for one game is not consistent offensive production. Chris Duhon never has and never will average even 6 assists per game. Don't get your head gassed over one game. Duhon has sucked for most of this season.

You can not tell me that 6 points per game is sufficient offense for a starting point guard.

Also, the Knicks did not play the Wizard team that made the playoffs last year. The Knicks played the Wizards without Gilbert Arenas and Brendan Haywood(two of their starters).

The Knicks won 3 games, because they were fortunate enough to play a rebuilding Miami Heat team that went 15-67 last year(in New York), a rebuilding Bobcat team that is yet to even win 35 games for a season, and a Wizards team that was missing two of their starters.

Like I said, until the Knicks beat a .500 team, I'm not impressed. I still don't see the Knicks even getting 25 wins, if they continue to get zero offense from two of their 5 starters(Duhon and Richardson).

Gilbert Arenas was out almost the entire season last year. They made the playoffs without him...

But whatever...You just look for any reason to criticize Duhon...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
portega the spurs are off to a bad start but even so they are better than us....Duncan is gonna have a field day against us they're gonna dump the ball inside over and over and Parker is gonna run laps around Duhorn on his way to the basket only ones quick enough to gaurd Parker is Marbury maybe Nate. and the Jazz game is gonna be painful were gonna show our true colors

JayJ44

Starter
Parker is gonna run laps around Duhorn on his way to the basket only ones quick enough to gaurd Parker is Marbury maybe Nate. and the Jazz game is gonna be painful were gonna show our true colors

Parker is out for 2-4 weeks because of something with his ankle. If the Heat can beat them by like 15, I think we can. Deron Williams is also out because of his ankle, so we should compete, even though they're 5-0. We got pretty lucky with our schedule, the first playoff teams we face have a bunch of players injured. Wizards without Arenas and Haywood, Spurs without Parker and Ginobli, Jazz without Deron Williams.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ my bad forgot about that...i forgot he was out 2-4 weeks then if we beat them we'll be beating an injured team in the spurs so that wouldnt really impress me much

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
parker would absolutely ass rape duhorn with no vaseline

duhorn was lucky, wizards are missing gilbert and there backup aint much of a scorer. Good thing deron williams aint playin but i still see duhorn gettin owned by ronnie price.

New New York

Quiet Storm

First off your argument was not that Duhon has not been consistent all season, because had that been your argument I would have to agree. Your argument was that his points per game were not enough to help the Knicks. And my argument to that is that on a team with as many scorers as we have there is no need for more than 6-8 pts from your PG. Stephon Marbaury said it himself when The Knicks got Zach that he wouldnt be scoring as much. I think he predicted that he would score only about 10 a night. So my point again about Duhon is that he is not needed to score a lot. He was not signed to score, but to distribute to the scorers on the team like he did against Washington. Your logic only takes scoring into consideration when talking about offensive production, but that thinking is shallow because assist and TOs do factor into offensive production. Again not a total fan of Duhon just calling it like I see it. Right now he has something like a 7 to 1 ast TO ratio, will that stat likely taper off? I'd bet my brand new car it will! But, he is not nearly as bad as people are making him out to be is all I'm saying.

Please say how they are getting zero offense from Q when he is averaging close to 15 per game? And you say my posts are illogical!

Read my last post, I never said that this win meant anything more than a confidence builder, we won on the road after nearly surrendering a double digit lead, past Knick teams wouldve folded right after Caron Butler put the Wizards up. In order for the players to have confidence in their coach's philosophy it has to win them games. They won a game playing Dantoni ball so in that respect it was a good win. Now does this win mean were going to be a playoff team, like I said before Hell NO! But, if nothing else it gives our players confidence in the system.

Lastly: What I need you to realize is that I don't play this whole game of who is a good poster and who is a bad poster ok. And no offense homie you would be the last one who's opinion I would give a damn about if I did care about my rating as a poster. If not cosigning garbage means that I am a bad poster, then so be it, I'll wear that title with honor. But,ABCD I'm going to take it easy on you right now because it would be too easy to go at you.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
First off your argument was not that Duhon has not been consistent all season, because had that been your argument I would have to agree. Your argument was that his points per game were not enough to help the Knicks. And my argument to that is that on a team with as many scorers as we have there is no need for more than 6-8 pts from your PG. Stephon Marbaury said it himself when The Knicks got Zach that he wouldnt be scoring as much. I think he predicted that he would score only about 10 a night. So my point again about Duhon is that he is not needed to score a lot. He was not signed to score, but to distribute to the scorers on the team like he did against Washington. Your logic only takes scoring into consideration when talking about offensive production, but that thinking is shallow because assist and TOs do factor into offensive production. Again not a total fan of Duhon just calling it like I see it. Right now he has something like a 7 to 1 ast TO ratio, will that stat likely taper off? I'd bet my brand new car it will! But, he is not nearly as bad as people are making him out to be is all I'm saying.

Please say how they are getting zero offense from Q when he is averaging close to 15 per game? And you say my posts are illogical!

Read my last post, I never said that this win meant anything more than a confidence builder, we won on the road after nearly surrendering a double digit lead, past Knick teams wouldve folded right after Caron Butler put the Wizards up. In order for the players to have confidence in their coach's philosophy it has to win them games. They won a game playing Dantoni ball so in that respect it was a good win. Now does this win mean were going to be a playoff team, like I said before Hell NO! But, if nothing else it gives our players confidence in the system.

Lastly: What I need you to realize is that I don't play this whole game of who is a good poster and who is a bad poster ok. And no offense homie you would be the last one who's opinion I would give a damn about if I did care about my rating as a poster. If not cosigning garbage means that I am a bad poster, then so be it, I'll wear that title with honor. But,ABCD I'm going to take it easy on you right now because it would be too easy to go at you.

Q-rich is averaging 12.2 points per game, not 15. Hes the type of player that has games where hes not a factor. After last year, he hasnt proven yet that hes back. We've only seen 5 games, if hes still shootin better at the end of the month ill give him some credit.

Duhon is averaging 6 assists and 1 turnover. Before the previous game he was averaging less than 5 assists. His defense is overrated, he got owned the first 4 games. If arenas wasnt hurt, duhorn woulda got lit up again.

TunerAddict

Starter

Very good analysis!

:agreed:

can't we just all agree that Duhon is a poor man's Mark Jackson?..in his best year, jackson avg'd 16ppg...he avg'd 9 for his career. Sure his assists were higher, because he was BETTER, but the fact is,their still very similar style of play

Duhon doesnt do the spectacular plays like AJ did, but he's the same type of guard. he distributes the ball and gets off on getting his teammates involved nohomo

look at the history of nyk's guards,especially in the past 20 years, we've never had a guard that is a huge scorer; Strickland, Anthony, Childs, Jackson, Ward, Rivers...

i dont get why duhon should avg 25-30 a game and the assists, reb's, no turnovers, etc. are null and void...history proves us better as a team that runs with a pg that distributes the ball and rarely looks for his points

again i hope marbs does well on another team, he's just not for us imo..and duhon i think, is a fine pg for what he's needed for...considering he splits time pretty equally with nate, i dont mind at all..