Game 5: Knicks vs Wizards 11/7 @ 7:00pm ET

great game, not PERFECT, but considering how early in the season it is and how much time everyone got and how they played with that time in, im extremely satisfied

like i said in another post, duhon gets the ball to teammates in the position to make plays....im hoping that makes the "bump list" at some point in the next year to see randomly down the line while duhons assist/ratio is killin it :lol:

we're getting better and all i can say is "finally".

we beat a pretty decent wizards team in dc, not too bad

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
very good game besides the FTs, good game by pretty much everybody on da team, roberson got some guts

Kiyaman

Legend
playinn a really good game. low turnovers high assists. i love the pace. not bad against a decent washington team.

I say the samething, but Crawful was suppose to eat up the Wizards gaurds with a 9 for 12 shooting night plus 3 to 4 trips to the foul line.

When the Bench Players are holding their own Nate, Lee, Roberson, and Collins, it would've been nice if two or three of the starters could have kept that 10 point lead throughout the 2nd half..... Zach, Crawful, or Chandler.
We were playing against the 0-3 Wizards.....it would'nt look good for us to give the Wizards their first WIN.
Final score
Knicks-114
Wizards-108

My first 5 game (Vegas) prediction bet on the Knicks was a crucial close Win for me.... 3 out of 5. Luv it when a plan comes together.
However.... I got to stop while I'm ahead betting on the Knicks. I didnt feel right today to place a bet on the Knicks next 5 games.
That's Bad...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
It was a good win. Jamal Crawford, Wilson Chandler, and Zach Randolph were very impressive. Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson continue to lack offense, but the Knicks have done a good job of picking up the slack.

I actually liked the way Duhon played tonight. That 12 assist 0 turnovers stat was sexy as hell and most definatly a welcome stat.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I actually liked the way Duhon played tonight. That 12 assist 0 turnovers stat was sexy as hell and most definatly a welcome stat.
I agree, but he needs to do a better job of scoring. The Knicks barely beat the Wizards without Gilbert Arenas. They're not going to be able to beat the Jazz, if Duhon and Richardson keep scoring 5 points.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I agree, but he needs to do a better job of scoring. The Knicks barely beat the Wizards without Gilbert Arenas. They're not going to be able to beat the Jazz, if Duhon and Richardson keep scoring 5 points.

C'mon lets not undermine this win too much, the Wiz without Gilbert was still a playoff team last year.

I think that we can be very successful with Duhon (or whoever is our starting PG) scoring 5 pts or so. Remember there were plenty of games when Nash would have like 16 ast and 4 pts. I think the last thing this team really needs is another scorer. Think about Nate's second half against The Bobcats he didnt take one shot but made found open shots for his teamates.I liked Duhon's poise to pull the 3 when we fell behind by one, that is what we need from him, not to look to score twenty a night just hit shots when they are needed. Not to mention Duhon was hitting the boards and making defensive plays as well, so you cant guage his performance on points alone

Now I gotta say Duhon still has a lot to prove to me, but, I'll give it to him that tonight was exactly the type of play we needed to see from him.

Now what The Knicks are going have to start laying off the 3's. They dropped tonight so it looks good, but, when they don't fall we wont beat any team in the league.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player

I dissagree with Duhon has to score more.With the run and gun that the Knicks play I think all Duhon has to do is set up the table for the scorers.Yes he will score some but only on ocasions.All he needs to do is run the fast break and dish out those dimes.He has had some solid games this year with somewhere around 10 pts,7rbs,and 8 dimes.The longer he runs this offense the better he will get.JMO

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
great win, now 3-2, i like the assists tonight, the offense flowed pretty damn well. we took a lot of 3 pointers but hey the team is coached my Mikey D. Lets see what sunday has in store for us.

D-Lee42fan

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
C'mon lets not undermine this win too much, the Wiz without Gilbert was still a playoff team last year.

I think that we can be very successful with Duhon (or whoever is our starting PG) scoring 5 pts or so. Remember there were plenty of games when Nash would have like 16 ast and 4 pts. I think the last thing this team really needs is another scorer. Think about Nate's second half against The Bobcats he didnt take one shot but made found open shots for his teamates.I liked Duhon's poise to pull the 3 when we fell behind by one, that is what we need from him, not to look to score twenty a night just hit shots when they are needed. Not to mention Duhon was hitting the boards and making defensive plays as well, so you cant guage his performance on points alone

Now I gotta say Duhon still has a lot to prove to me, but, I'll give it to him that tonight was exactly the type of play we needed to see from him.

Now what The Knicks are going have to start laying off the 3's. They dropped tonight so it looks good, but, when they don't fall we wont beat any team in the league.
The Knicks beat the Wizards without their best player, a 15-67 Miami Heat team, and a Bobcat team that is young, lacks defense, and has zero playoff appearances. Until the Knicks beat a .500 team, I'm not impressed. Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson shouldn't be starting. I've watched the Knicks long enough to know that one game or one good start to a season doesn't mean you're going to play .500 ball and make the playoffs. The Knicks were 1 game above .500 last year, and they finished with 23 wins. This 3-2 start does not impress me. If they can beat the Spurs or the Jazz, then I'll be impressed.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I dissagree with Duhon has to score more.With the run and gun that the Knicks play I think all Duhon has to do is set up the table for the scorers.Yes he will score some but only on ocasions.All he needs to do is run the fast break and dish out those dimes.He has had some solid games this year with somewhere around 10 pts,7rbs,and 8 dimes.The longer he runs this offense the better he will get.JMO
I disagree. In Phoenix, Steve Nash ran the offense, and he average 16+ points per game. Nobody on the Suns starting lineup averaged 6 points, like Duhon. The Knicks are doing what they're supposed to do, by beating the sub .500 teams. But if the Knicks want to beat .500 + teams, they are going to need offense from all of their starters. I still think this team sucks and they're not even going to win 25 games. Mike D'Antoni continues to allow Duhon and Richardson to start, despite their lack of offense. This is going to eventually handicap the Knicks, because it will force Crawford and Randolph to have to score 25+ points, just to keep the Knicks in the game.

Pricey

Rotation player
i reckon the Knicks may upset the Wizards which sounds weird considering they havent won a game yet.
Knicks r paying $3.45 as well so may chuck some ceeeessssshhhhhh on it.
Have a feeling Crawful may explode in this match
man i got on NY and Miami to beat Spurs but farkin New Orleans choked against Charlotte. God damn them.
Lovin Chandler at the moment. Damn that guy has so much potential

New New York

Quiet Storm
The Knicks beat the Wizards without their best player, a 15-67 Miami Heat team, and a Bobcat team that is young, lacks defense, and has zero playoff appearances. Until the Knicks beat a .500 team, I'm not impressed. Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson shouldn't be starting. I've watched the Knicks long enough to know that one game or one good start to a season doesn't mean you're going to play .500 ball and make the playoffs. The Knicks were 1 game above .500 last year, and they finished with 23 wins. This 3-2 start does not impress me. If they can beat the Spurs or the Jazz, then I'll be impressed.

No one is saying that this 3-2 start means anything at all. My point is that Washington without Gilbert Areneas still made the playoffs last year. Now being that they have not a game all season, it is easy to see that they are not playing on that level, but, The Knicks did win on the road despite blowing a lead against a team who had two All Stars (Butler and Antowne Jamison). Would we have beatin a San Antonio or Boston with the type of play we showed toninght, likely not. But a win is a win and for a team that is trying to learn a new system and who are in rebuilding mode. Our record really doesnt mean anything one way or the other.

I disagree. In Phoenix, Steve Nash ran the offense, and he average 16+ points per game. Nobody on the Suns starting lineup averaged 6 points, like Duhon. The Knicks are doing what they're supposed to do, by beating the sub .500 teams. But if the Knicks want to beat .500 + teams, they are going to need offense from all of their starters. I still think this team sucks and they're not even going to win 25 games. Mike D'Antoni continues to allow Duhon and Richardson to start, despite their lack of offense. This is going to eventually handicap the Knicks, because it will force Crawford and Randolph to have to score 25+ points, just to keep the Knicks in the game.

First point: Duhon had 12 ast toninght, he has 28 ast and 4 T.O.s on the season, I would say that is offensive production! What a player brings to an offense cant always be measured by their points

Second Point:Q-Rich is scoring almost 15 a game so far this season. What you have to realize is that Zach and Jamal do look to score the ball, so you need players around them who are doing other things besides scoring.

The problem with our team in past years is that we have not had any sort of balance to our starting five, just five players who all wanted to score 20 a night. Now is this current starting five going to lead us to the playoffs, hell no! But they compliment each other more than Isiah's starting five of Steph,Jamal,Q-Rich,Zach,and Eddy. Not to mention tonight Wislon started and was playing good, so there was even less reason for Duhon and Q-Rich to look to score. Really we average 102 ppg I dont think we need anymore scoring from anyone!

I know some of yall are still upset about Duhon starting over Steph, and have a lot of stock in hating Duhon, but, give credit where it is due. Even Stephen A Smith who hates Steph, would admit when Steph had a strong outing.