Marbury & Dannio News Updates

richtree

Rotation player
<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 <tr><TBODY><TR><TD class=s_playerNewsTitle style="BACKGROUND: #fe4d01"><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left> Danilo Gallinari-F-Knicks</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" align=right>Nov. 7 - 7:55 am et</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD style="BACKGROUND: #fe4d01" width=14>
right_corner_player_news.gif
</TD><TD width=6>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>Danilo Gallinari will not be a part of the Knicks regular rotation until he is "physically ready", according to comments made by coach Mike D'Antoni on Thursday.
Gallinari played in the Knicks first two games and missed all three of his field goal attempts, and looked overmatched. He's got a number of issues including a bulging disk in his back. He's a longshot for fantasy success this year, so don't waste too much time on him.
Source: New York Post </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 <tr><TBODY><TR><TD class=s_playerNewsTitle style="BACKGROUND: #fe4d01"><TABLE class=s_playerNewsTitle cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width=33></TD><TD align=left> Stephon Marbury-G-Knicks</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" align=right>Nov. 7 - 7:50 am et</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD style="BACKGROUND: #fe4d01" width=14>
right_corner_player_news.gif
</TD><TD width=6>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>Stephon Marbury was told by the Knicks that he couldn't practice with his alma-mater, Lincoln High, on his own time to stay in game shape.
A couple of blurbs ago we mentioned how this is shaping up to be a poor man's Brett Favre saga, and then this little nugget dropped in our laps. Marbury had stopped practicing with the Knicks in order to give bonafide players more time on the court, by his choice. To Marbury's credit he backed off immediately when the Knicks denied him the right to practice, although he had to know that practicing with his high school would be a violation of his contract (he is his own agent after all). Maybe this is the first sign of Marbury losing his cool, or he simply wants the circus to begin. Take your pick.
Source: New York Post </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
The Gallo news didnt suprise me at all he was not ready for NBA action when he played in those two games and he should only play in blowouts till he gets in game shape it was expected after he missed summer league and the preseason my opinion is that he goes to play in the D-League so when he gets to game shape we bring him up...either way its only a matter of time till he's in shape and in a shooting rythm he's gonna be nasty with his 3's

as for Marbury just let the guy go workout there he stays in game shape i mean its not like D'Antoni is considering playing him anytime soon so why the hell he cares...if he get injured doing that it'll only be a better excuse to not play him..and were not gonna buy him out so whats the reasoning for this.

got a question...do you really think gallo was that good of a draft pick for us, especially with the players that were available at the time....not gonna lie, i don't know that much about him just that he hasn't looked too good so far

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
got a question...do you really think gallo was that good of a draft pick for us, especially with the players that were available at the time....not gonna lie, i don't know that much about him just that he hasn't looked too good so far

he hasnt looked that good so far because he is still recovering from his injury its only a matter of time till he gets healthy and finds his rythm...didnt know that much about him when we drafted him which was why i booed the pick but after watching videos and researched him i found out he could be an amazing player for us. he could handle the ball and could shoot the lights out just once he's good watch how good he's gonna be

Pricey

Rotation player
ive had a buldging disc and ive still got a slightly collapsed disc in my spine. Its not nice and i doubt we will see Galla for a while.
Its incredible how hurting ur back affects everything in ur body. Hopefully this doesnt become a constant problem for him

Akamu

The King
Hey RichTree, I like that you are posting articles but do a better job with them. Fix those up please, you don't need the boarders and extras from the site you got it from.

That really sucks for us that our Rookie is having back problems, the disc issue is bad business, I hope he recovers asap-

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
not only do i wish he gets back asap but i hope it doesnt bther him thorughout his career.

Kiyaman

Legend

Truth be said, Danilo Gallinari was another "Lampe" on draft night inwhich alot of Sports Writers had put him as a first round pick as curtesy to the European league, as well as celebrity coach Uncle Dantoni's endorsement of his nephew Gallinari in May.

There was not one NBA team scout that endorsed the selection of Danilo Gallinari for their team to select with their first round pick.

A 19 year old Euro-League Project could take 3 years to get into NBA form status depending alot on his teammates help, and his physical strength to compete hard night after night.
No! Gallo is not KG, Kobe, or Lebron at age 19.

Ginobli was the only one year project Euro-league player that formed an all-around NBA game at G/F at the age of 25.
PG-Jose Caldron is 27 years old and only spent 3 years in the NBA, he to was a one year project at the age of 24.

Right now the Knicks are skeptical of putting Gallinari (disc back) in the D-League with alot of young strong oponents like Patrick Ewing Jr. b/c he will probably receive a career injury to where he dont have a NBA career except what we seen at the start of this season.

I was never happy with the hiring of a "Defenseless-Coach" Dantoni, but when we selected his nephew with our 6th pick that was the proof that this Knick organization is just stupid or the biggest mockery of the NBA league.

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
I don't have a problem with the knicks chosing gallo in the 2008 draft. What I do have a problem with was that they used the 6th pick in the draft to obtain him. If Gallo was the player they wanted, the knicks could could have traded down with a team with 2 1st rounder draft picks or some similiar scenario and still drafted Gallo. Don't get me wrong I am a die hard knick fan but if we didn't get lucky and draft Ewing we would be a crappy team going on 40 years.
They only great moves we've made in 40 years :
1). Trading Cartwright for Oak
2). John Starks
3). Bernard King (unfortunately negated by injury)
4). H2O (negated by injury and bad contract)

In contrast I've witnessed the lakers obtain 3 of the best center in the last 40 years (Wilt, Kareem and Shaquille) for basically nothing.

I don't have a problem with the knicks chosing gallo in the 2008 draft. What I do have a problem with was that they used the 6th pick in the draft to obtain him. If Gallo was the player they wanted, the knicks could could have traded down with a team with 2 1st rounder draft picks or some similiar scenario and still drafted Gallo. Don't get me wrong I am a die hard knick fan but if we didn't get lucky and draft Ewing we would be a crappy team going on 40 years.
They only great moves we've made in 40 years :
1). Trading Cartwright for Oak
2). John Starks
3). Bernard King (unfortunately negated by injury)
4). H2O (negated by injury and bad contract)

In contrast I've witnessed the lakers obtain 3 of the best center in the last 40 years (Wilt, Kareem and Shaquille) for basically nothing.

1. We definitly should have traded down!
2. We should have taken B.Lopez or J. MaGee
3. Don't forget about #4 for the Lakers, A. Bynum (while we passed on him for C.Frye :()

moneyg

Starter
lets face it ... we took a gamble on the kidd. either hes gonna b real good or hes gonna be a total bust. we got him for four years so hopefully he can get it together b4 then. i agree that i would of taken b. lopez not sure i would of picked up Mcgee .. but he does look good now.
im sure walsh and dantoni knew curry was out of shape goning into training camp. we should of taken a stronger bigger man even if we traded down. to at leat push curry like marbury was pushed with the duhon signing

buy out jjames please// i cant take it no more

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i agree jjames should not be on the team i mean were paying him 6 mill to sit on the bench and eat burgers insteadof practice...cant believe we cut ewing jr over him...either way were paying him and he wont play at least cut him and keep ewing jr

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
and dont worry Gallo is gonna be just fine lets hold off our judgement on him till he's healthy then we'll see i for one think he'll be just fine cant wait till he's in shape gonna be raining 3's in the garden

moneyg

Starter
word.... if u gonna buy out marbury .. why dont u buy ou jjames i dont get ,if were goin with the youth movement.. buy out malik too and pick up another young guy out the dleague or something. but we are in desperate need of a shot blocking big man. he doesn;t have to have much of an offensive game just a lil passing skills.

no matter where we end up in the draft this yaer we need to find a way to get
hasheem-thabeet-pictures%20(14).jpg

im gonna give the kid some time, bcause we do have time with him.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i want Jennings or Rubio its explained in the draft thread moneyg...it starts with i know its early...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^thats a fantasy loll wont happen but the Jennings or Rubio with Thabeet would be great i just want us to get Jennings and trade for a center with upside then ill be a happy man.