Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 140

Thread: Game 6: Jazz vs Knicks Game Thread 11/9 @ 3:00pm ET

  1. #91
    Member theknicks3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    the players he likes?

    wouldn't gall be getting 20 mins then.


    D'Ant playing the players who will be help the team win. I think its working. A wins a win.

  2. #92
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    You're a lying mother ****er...


    And the Jazz aren't injury depleted. They are missing one guy, whom by the way, they were 5-0 without...Yeah...That Jazz team got hurt so bad by the injury bug...


    You sure accuse others of having sperm on their faces a lot. Very childish...I won't even continue your childish behavior by making a remark about you and Marbury...


    And its funny how MSG says you guys are real fans? Really? You are real fans by hoping the team loses and Duhon plays badly? Leave. You never were and will never be Knicks fans...****, I don't care if we are starting an entire lineup of guys we called up from the D-league, the only thing I care about is wins. **** all our players. I have no allegiance. My only allegiance is to the orange and blue, and no matter who is playing, whether its Duhon, Marbury, or even you for that matter, I'm cheering till the fat lady sings and hoping we pull out a win every game.

    Difference between Team Starbury and Team Haterbury is simple. We'd rather look bad and win, and you'd rather look good and lose.
    you have no allegience to players, just the Knicks but yet you have a Marbury fail signature?

    Man i dont care who plays, i like Marbury as a player but its a fact he wont play unless Duhorn gets injured. Im not happy that he is getting fat paychecks for doing nothing either so if he aint playing i'd like the Knicks to buy him out and let him play as its not right to make him train like he has and sit on the pine.

    Im just pumped we have 4 wins and 2 losses so far, who would have thought?
    I loved Duhorns game today but i would like to see him do this consistently, he is a Duke boy after all
    I cant wait for the Spurs game. We should beat that mob with the players they have out.

  3. #93

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    For some reason, i've always been a zach fan even last year. D'antoni just said what i always say on here, about how zach cant jump at all but hes all over the boards. Zachs not far from averaging 20 and 12...is he the best player on this team?
    Word, I said it last season as well, Zach is a very good player and definitely the best player on the team. He plays hard every night and can definitely average 20 and 10 this season which is very impressive. He may even make the all star team.


    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Real good game, can't really find anything to
    complain about. The biggest thing i've noticed this season over the past 5 is the effort they play with, we still are far from a defensive power but the effort is there. **** even Crawford and Randolph showed a pulse on defense.

    Good game by Duhon. Who knew he could dunk. Say what you want about the guy but he seems to have a really calming influence on the team.

    Two game road trip lets go get a split and then come back home and beat up the Thunder.

    When was the last time we were 2 games over .500?
    Yeah they played hard on the d with both Zach and Crawford bodying up.

    As for Duhon it's too soon to get a complete read on him but I suspect he is an average point guard, nothing more nothing less.

    As for Steph in relation to the team why are ya'll still even talking about him? For all practical purposes he's off the team. Who cares.

    I wonder if Marbury can still even play at the same level as before? It's hard to believe but he hasn't played in an NBA game in almost a year, is 31 soon to be 32 and coming off an injury. I wonder if any team would even take a chance on signing him? He's not exactly Mr. Popular around the league with players, coaches and executives. What a waste of talent, the guy could have been a hall of famer. He's had one of the most disappointing careers of recent memory. Pretty sad.

  4. #94
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special

    I wonder if Marbury can still even play at the same level as before? It's hard to believe but he hasn't played in an NBA game in almost a year, is 31 soon to be 32 and coming off an injury. I wonder if any team would even take a chance on signing him? He's not exactly Mr. Popular around the league with players, coaches and executives. What a waste of talent, the guy could have been a hall of famer. He's had one of the most disappointing careers of recent memory. Pretty sad.
    i reckon he could get a game somewhere in the league, too good a player not to. Im sure if he isnt involved in anything ugly with D'Antoni then someone will have a look at him. Obviously he wont get a big contract but im sure that wont bother him.
    I would like to see him go out to the West in all honesty

  5. #95
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    I see every member is riled-up and happy with this Win over the Jazz.
    If the Knicks was'nt so negative in the last 4 seasons the majority of us would be agreeing with each other.
    It is a good-thang..... that this Knick Team can take a WIN from any team that Franchise Star is not playing, or takes the night off.

    I never agreed with or disagreed with the signing of Duhorn, I compared him to Collins, but Collins high dribble and frustration with Crawful shadowing him all the time for the ball is where Duhon differ with his low dribble and speed to get pass Crawful from hanging on his jock-strap which has Crawful finally playing the SG position for the first time in his miserable career.

    Duhon is new to these Knick teammates but all the 35 mpg since preseason (Dantoni's confidence in him to become a complimentary PG), has been paying off well as a pass-first PG. He's not flashy or a shooter, but he learns quick from the 3-Guard offense the spots to hit Zach, Crawful, Chandler, Nate, and Q.Rich.
    The Detroit Pistons need a PG like "Duhon" for "AI & Rip" right now to compliment their 20 or more point performance. Denver should've offered Duhorn an offer-sheet this offseason having a offense that consisted of AI, JR Smith, and Melo.

    With Duhon and Nate at the PG........
    the Knicks could either use SG-Starbury or SG-Crawful to pick-up the scoring slack. Both want 30 mpg so you can only use one of them in your rotation.

    Starbury or Crawful is the question?
    The arguement and debate over "Marbury or Duhon" is unnesscesary and unwanted.
    When the Knicks big problem the last 4 years was having "Marbury & Crawful" in their rotation.

    Marbury has been the perfect SG to use as the Combo-Guard.
    Super Star Lebron James would LUV to have Combo-Guard Starbury in his rotation starting as a SG, rather than West or a Crawful.
    Super Star Pierce would LUV to have Combo-Guard Starbury as their 6th-Man off the bench that could come in for PG, SG, or SF.
    Super Star Wade would LUV to have Combo-Guard Marbury as his starting PG to run n gun half the teams in the league that dont qualify to such offensive speed.

    We traded for a "STAT-Player" in 20-10 Zach Randolph, whom the Portland TrailBlazers tried so many different players and lineups with Zach 20-10 stats year after year to become a .500 team. It did not work so they traded him.
    PG-Duhon defensive prowness in rebounding, steals, assists, and having other scoring teammates to hit for scoring like Nate, Chandler, and inconsistent Crawful, has made Zach Randolph 20-10 stat work to win games against teams weakness in offense, or defense, or rebounding.

    Coach Dantoni have PG-Duhon and Nate taking advantage of oponents different weaknesses.
    This is what Marbury & Crawful lack as a PG leading a team (Teammates just dont follow their lead).

  6. #96
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I see every member is riled-up and happy with this Win over the Jazz.
    If the Knicks was'nt so negative in the last 4 seasons the majority of us would be agreeing with each other.
    It is a good-thang..... that this Knick Team can take a WIN from any team that Franchise Star is not playing, or takes the night off.

    I never agreed with or disagreed with the signing of Duhorn, I compared him to Collins, but Collins high dribble and frustration with Crawful shadowing him all the time for the ball is where Duhon differ with his low dribble and speed to get pass Crawful from hanging on his jock-strap which has Crawful finally playing the SG position for the first time in his miserable career.

    Duhon is new to these Knick teammates but all the 35 mpg since preseason (Dantoni's confidence in him to become a complimentary PG), has been paying off well as a pass-first PG. He's not flashy or a shooter, but he learns quick from the 3-Guard offense the spots to hit Zach, Crawful, Chandler, Nate, and Q.Rich.
    The Detroit Pistons need a PG like "Duhon" for "AI & Rip" right now to compliment their 20 or more point performance. Denver should've offered Duhorn an offer-sheet this offseason having a offense that consisted of AI, JR Smith, and Melo.

    With Duhon and Nate at the PG........
    the Knicks could either use SG-Starbury or SG-Crawful to pick-up the scoring slack. Both want 30 mpg so you can only use one of them in your rotation.

    Starbury or Crawful is the question?
    The arguement and debate over "Marbury or Duhon" is unnesscesary and unwanted.
    When the Knicks big problem the last 4 years was having "Marbury & Crawful" in their rotation.

    Marbury has been the perfect SG to use as the Combo-Guard.
    Super Star Lebron James would LUV to have Combo-Guard Starbury in his rotation starting as a SG, rather than West or a Crawful.
    Super Star Pierce would LUV to have Combo-Guard Starbury as their 6th-Man off the bench that could come in for PG, SG, or SF.
    Super Star Wade would LUV to have Combo-Guard Marbury as his starting PG to run n gun half the teams in the league that dont qualify to such offensive speed.

    We traded for a "STAT-Player" in 20-10 Zach Randolph, whom the Portland TrailBlazers tried so many different players and lineups with Zach 20-10 stats year after year to become a .500 team. It did not work so they traded him.
    PG-Duhon defensive prowness in rebounding, steals, assists, and having other scoring teammates to hit for scoring like Nate, Chandler, and inconsistent Crawful, has made Zach Randolph 20-10 stat work to win games against teams weakness in offense, or defense, or rebounding.

    Coach Dantoni have PG-Duhon and Nate taking advantage of oponents different weaknesses.
    This is what Marbury & Crawful lack as a PG leading a team (Teammates just dont follow their lead).

    I agree with about 75 % of that. I highly doubt with all the baggage and losing backroud Lebron, Pierce, or Wade would want Marbury anywhere near there team. But then again i doubt they'd want Crawford on their teams either, even though if Crawford could play like he did yesterday on the defense side we would be a pretty good player, but i doubt you'll see that from him night in and night out.

    Kiya the basic only reason Crawford is the SG guard or combo gaurd as you call it over Marbury is because Crawford has a contract that dictates that he's going to be here the next few years barring a trade. And as D'Antoni has said about 20 times (most poster ignore this fact) he wants to play the guys who have a future in the organization.

    But I'll leave the Marbury discussions for the rest of you people, i'm over that (rooting against the starting point guard Chris Duhon means your rooting against the team). I want to talk about the actual team and the fact were 4-2. And i don't care if we beat high school teams for the 4 wins, i'll take them. We can only play the teams that our on our schedule. We can't control the fact that Areanas, or Williams are out, and **** i'm glad there out cause it made our job slightly easier. But people do gotta realize that we lost to the Wizards plenty of time over the last few seasons with Areanas out and we've also lost to other teams with their superstars out. So we should be happy we took care of business. With or without Williams the Jazz are one of the best coached teams in the NBA.

    Duhon has done everything u could ask from him in my opinion. He's distrubted the ball and played defense. He could score 4 points for all i care he's the point guard his job is not to score. And if you want to get into logistics you can average out the points of Nate and Duhon who are our point guards and you get plenty of points out of that position.

    Wilson Chandler actually had an off game yesterday but he still did the little things, and had some tremendous box outs on Boozer late in the game. Chandler is still young and basically a rookie since he barely played last season so he's going to have ups and downs but the future is bright.

    Randolph is seriously like the old man at the YMCA. He seems old and out of shape so every takes him for granted. But he uses his body and all these little basketball tricks and put up numbers. I hope he doesn't fall to much in love with the 3 but hes played well.

    Lets go split this miny road trip and build off this success.


    BTW has Marbury ever scored 50 points in a game? I don't think he has but i wanted to make sure.
    Last edited by GetRealistic; Nov 10, 2008 at 08:53.

  7. #97
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic



    BTW has Marbury ever scored 50 points in a game? I don't think he has but i wanted to make sure.
    i agreed wit ur post getreal and to answer your question, yes marbury has scored 50 points, i think he did it twice, i kno once was against the lakers....

    and by the way kiya why u trying to start another war for?? let go of marbury, he's done in NY

  8. #98
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Yea i remember that game now that you say it. That was like right after the all star game. Good memory man. I just looked it up to see the stats and did anybody realize or remember that Tony Delk scored 50 points in a game?

    Thats crazy talk about a journey at best. But hey i guess ABCD respects him

  9. #99
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    Word, I said it last season as well, Zach is a very good player and definitely the best player on the team. He plays hard every night and can definitely average 20 and 10 this season which is very impressive. He may even make the all star team.




    Yeah they played hard on the d with both Zach and Crawford bodying up.

    As for Duhon it's too soon to get a complete read on him but I suspect he is an average point guard, nothing more nothing less.

    As for Steph in relation to the team why are ya'll still even talking about him? For all practical purposes he's off the team. Who cares.

    I wonder if Marbury can still even play at the same level as before? It's hard to believe but he hasn't played in an NBA game in almost a year, is 31 soon to be 32 and coming off an injury. I wonder if any team would even take a chance on signing him? He's not exactly Mr. Popular around the league with players, coaches and executives. What a waste of talent, the guy could have been a hall of famer. He's had one of the most disappointing careers of recent memory. Pretty sad.
    Zach has looked solid and obviously not having trouble with the system. His offensive skills are certainly there and hopefully his attitude stays under control.

  10. #100
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Yes, because I didn't know Deron Williams was going to be out with an injury. Nor did I know the Spurs were going to be injury depleted. I disagree with you. Every win the Knicks have gotten thus far has been against injury depleted or sub .500 teams. This 4-2 start is very deceiving. Marbury would have gotten the Knicks a 6-0 start, with this kind of a schedule.

    LJ4PTPlay, you really are illogical. You claim that Marbury is a cancer, just like you used to claim Randolph was a cancer. Randolph already proved you wrong. Marbury will prove you wrong, too.

    And, no, I refuse to give Duhon any credit. The only way I'm giving him credit is if he scores 50 points in a game. I know that will never happen, so I guess he's never getting credit from me.

    I guess you're the newest member of the duhornesexuals, LJ.
    We lost to Philly by almost 30 and you're saying Steph wouldve made up that much ground for us? That comment was a frozen Brick! If Steph was playing we likely have the same record sweetheart!

    Look Utah beat two respectable teams in Denver (with A.I. and Melo still) and Portland, twice blew out The Clippers the way a good team would've and beat OKC on the road, this team is not as good without Deron Williams obviously, but they are still a solid ball club. No we didnt beat The C's or The Lakers, but we beat a team that even without one there two best players are better than we are.

    So being that you hate Duhon the way you do, does that mean that you'll be cheering for him to have bad games as long as he is a starter? The man has 21 ast to 2 TOs in the past two games, he made clutch plays in both those games to lead us to victories yet because you want Steph in so bad you hate him. Another Brick for you! Look I hate Jerome James, but if his fat ass was getting minutes over D.Lee or Zach in the frontcourt and he was producing then I'd have give it to him. Steph benching is about principle not because Dantoni feels Duhon is better!

    I know the comment about a Duhonsexual was aimed at LJ, but don't you think that whole "Crawfordsexual", "Currysexual" etc. **** is a bit played out? What about "Duhornballs", you know something original and your own not a borrowed comment from Metro to show how Stan'd you are by him!
    Last edited by New New York; Nov 10, 2008 at 10:42.

  11. #101
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    I know the comment about a Duhonsexual was aimed at LJ, but don't you think that whole "Crawfordsexual", "Currysexual" etc. **** is a bit played out? What about "Duhornballs", you know something original and your own not a borrowed comment from Metro to show how Stan'd you are by him!
    Thank you...That **** is getting really old...We never call you all Marburysexuals or ****....

  12. #102
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Pricey
    you have no allegience to players, just the Knicks but yet you have a Marbury fail signature?
    I used to like Marbury. I only have that up to piss a couple people off because they were acting unreasonably and harassing new members, calling them "faggots" and such...

    I'd play Steph if I was D...But hey....I'm not the coach, and being that he is a professional and better than everyone on this forum combined, I'll trust him. Dude averaged 58 wins over the past 4 years and ppl seem to forget that the team he inherited was an ATROCIOUS team. Didn't they win UNDER 20 games before he got there?

  13. #103
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    I used to like Marbury. I only have that up to piss a couple people off because they were acting unreasonably and harassing new members, calling them "faggots" and such...

    I'd play Steph if I was D...But hey....I'm not the coach, and being that he is a professional and better than everyone on this forum combined, I'll trust him. Dude averaged 58 wins over the past 4 years and ppl seem to forget that the team he inherited was an ATROCIOUS team. Didn't they win UNDER 20 games before he got there?
    So you agree that Marbury deserves to play.

  14. #104
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    You're a lying mother ****er...
    I'm not lying. Everyone thinks that I blindly support Marbury, but that is not true. I support Marbury, because he's an All Star level player that's capable of helping a team win. All he needs is the right talent and the right coach. I don't like D'Antoni, but he's statistically a good coach. And Wilson Chandler, David Lee, Nate Robinson, Zach Randolph, and Jamal Crawford are good players for Marbury to play with.

    I'm an intelligent fan. When I supported Zach Randolph last season, everyone was saying he's a cancer. Look at him now? He's averaging 19 points and 11 rebounds, and he's helped us win each of our 4 wins thus far.

    I know what I'm talking about. Marbury could help this team win some games. He just needs to start, and D'Antoni needs to start the right players to complement him(Crawford, Chandler, Lee, Randolph).

    Duhon is garbage. I saw him play on the Bulls, and he sucked. This small hot streak that he's had is going to wear off. Last season, Duhon had a month where he shot 32% from the field. That's why the Bulls were thinking about waiving him last year.

    PS- TO LJ4PTPLAY: If the Knicks don't need their point guards to score, under D'Antoni's system, why did Steve Nash average 18 points per game, in each of his MVP seasons with the Suns?

    And why did Chris Duhon score 16 points, in the Knicks' 8 point win against the Jazz?

    Is it because offense isn't important from point guards, in D'Antoni's system?

    Please remove Duhon's penis from your face, LJ4PTplay
    Last edited by abcd; Nov 10, 2008 at 14:36.

  15. #105
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    sorry getreal and kiyaman, you guys wrote too much and i dont feel like reading your posts.

    All i wanna say is that tuner addict has no right to to question anyones loyalty to this team. Technically, starbury is still part of this team. Im glad you got called out for that ugly sig. That just proves your not a real fan.

    Find a post where i said i want to see duhorn do bad. I gave him his props for the last 2 games, but just remember that he was going up against back up point guards. I stated very clearly that if he and the knicks are still playing good at the end of this month, ill give them credit. But im not quick to hop on any dikk no homo. tuner addict is quick to hop on a dikk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 78
    Last Post: Oct 16, 2008, 17:23
  2. Farewell Marbury???
    By lanceroy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2008, 18:22
  3. Atlanta Hawks vs New York Knicks Game Thread 3/16
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Mar 17, 2008, 05:59
  4. New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards Game Thread 1/18
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Jan 19, 2008, 07:27
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Dec 18, 2006, 22:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •