Starting Chandler again part 2

Kiyaman

Legend
Wilson Chandler, preseason performance was just as good as any player that was in his draft class (Durant). It would be hard for any coach to look the other way on Chandler's consistent all-around performance. Especially playing Chandler out of his natural position.

Knick Politics is funny, to make SF-Chandler a starter they must take F/C-David Lee out of the starting lineup.

Q.Richardson is just another bad seen out of the Clippers draft class that was awarded a big contract which he never earned by his winning performance by a dum G.M. in Phoenix.

The Knicks coach already have 3-players earning $39M on his DNP list this season (Marbury, Curry, and James).
Dantoni knows that not starting Q.Rich will lead to Q.Rich pulling the same back injury problem he did in Phoenix when Phoenix picked up Jim Jackson contract to replace Q.Rich in the starting lineup.
I dont think coach Dantoni want to add on to the injured-list by raising it any hire than Jefferies $6M, by adding a back injury Q.Rich $8M this season.

In other words Knick-players Q.Rich, Crawful, and Zach are not comming off the bench with out causing a New York catastrophy.

The facts still remain the same that Wilson Chandler is a 6.8 SF (like 6.9 Danny Granger), he is not a PF in his 2nd season in the NBA.

Another fact is when it comes to the complimentary tandem of "Nate & Lee" together..... as starters or comming off the bench together.... the two has always found ways together to exploit their oponents no matter who the Knick teammates they had on court with them. There is no two players on this Knick team that plays as well as those two together.

David Lee & Nasty-Nate are not happy campers in this Knick organization when they were not offered an extension to their contract. And always looked on as 2nd tier energy players on this team.
They will not perform at a rate where they will take any chance of getting injured before their FA market season (the Knicks did not offer them any gurantees after this season).
I see both players comming down with a minor injury at the start of midseason to miss about 10 to 20 games, and comming back at the last 10 to 15 games at the end of the season to raise their value in the FA market.

I hope your wrong Kiyaman but I can see this happening also :( , I just hope it dosen't go down like that! I pray to the B-Ball gods that we don't lose our future trying to fix our past!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
dont worry kiya we will resign both Nate and Lee...they are restricted so the last call is on us if we wanna sign them or not and Walsh and D'Antoni really like Nate so i see him coming back..Lee might go in a sign-and-trade.

Paul1355

All Star
dont worry kiya we will resign both Nate and Lee...they are restricted so the last call is on us if we wanna sign them or not and Walsh and D'Antoni really like Nate so i see him coming back..Lee might go in a sign-and-trade.

This seems likely unless a team like the Kings wants to get Nate because they have weak PG's. Any team that needs energetic players is going to want to sign Nate to more money than what he is making.

I think both of them will be gone after this year. With Lee having the bigger chance of signing with another team.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i think Lee will be gone hopefully in a sign-and-trade so we could get something out of it, and Nate i think comes back and continues his progression to a top 6th man in the league.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Kiyaman, you are the 4th best poster on this site. Your posts are great, and your name will eventually go in the rafters, along with other greats like myself, MSG, Metrocard, Trin Starr, and Barack Obama.

This team is using a lot of dirty politics. It's funny how a brick machine like Q-Hitch gets to start over David Lee. It's funny how a role player like Chris Duhon gets to start over a two time All Star(Stephon Marbury). The Knicks have had a good start to their season, and as a Knick fan, I'm happy. But I don't like the way that things are being done, and Karma is going to come back to haunt D'Antoni, Walsh, Duhon, and Richardson.

Kiyaman, you are the 4th best poster on this site. Your posts are great, and your name will eventually go in the rafters, along with other greats like myself, MSG, Metrocard, Trin Starr, and Barack Obama.

This team is using a lot of dirty politics. It's funny how a brick machine like Q-Hitch gets to start over David Lee. It's funny how a role player like Chris Duhon gets to start over a two time All Star(Stephon Marbury). The Knicks have had a good start to their season, and as a Knick fan, I'm happy. But I don't like the way that things are being done, and Karma is going to come back to haunt D'Antoni, Walsh, Duhon, and Richardson.

Is Kiyaman the 4th best because he's a negitive poster or because he's part of the DAM (Dumb ASS Marbury) Crew? Still waiting on those Assist to TO stats from Chris Duhon there abcd and while your at it make sure to post his Steals and Rebounds as well....... is there anyway to calculate Chemistry???

PS How do you guy's keep defending this guy like he was done wrong by the Knicks, Suns,Nets and Wolves he's a dumb ass me first ball player that dosen't have enough common sence to realize its HIM not the teams and the coaches he's played for is the real Loser....... but go ahead you guy's keep pumping your boy up, maby you'll follow his game over-seas?

Last edited:

theknicks3

Benchwarmer

I agree with metro because he is a good poster, but alot of the starbury fans just copy and follow what he says thus taking away their "great status". The great posters of this site, have interesting things to say, back their arguments, and are not blinded by love of one player.

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

co-sign...you nailed it man...the way D'Antoni bitchslapped Marbury after hyping him up all off-season by saying he's a big part of the team then we pull this move by benching him...disgusts me, and duhon starting thats ****in hilarious

jpz17

Starter
I agree with metro because he is a good poster, but alot of the starbury fans just copy and follow what he says thus taking away their "great status". The great posters of this site, have interesting things to say, back their arguments, and are not blinded by love of one player.

no, we are blinded by wanting to win, sorry, we can't help it

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
what the **** have we have won the last three games you clown, but yet

• they were against crap teams
  • duhon is really crap
  • they were against shit point guards
  • marbury would have got us 6 wins

this is all we have been hearing. Again you are blinded by one player, what a shit poster

Last edited:

Blas

Benchwarmer
no, we are blinded by wanting to win, sorry, we can't help it

But we are winning...

So, are you blinded by something else?

Anyway, I think we should leave the line-up as it is right now. Its working, not perfectly, but it is working. And if it isn't broken don't fix it. Putting Chandler as a starter would change the roles of each player who are all still trying to learn D'antoni's system. That could get confusing.

richtree

Rotation player
Chandler is a nice player ....

He probably deserves to start but I think Q Rich is the only leader our team has on the floor.....

He has molded his game to the team and does so today....

Q Rich is our only defener that can cover the real scorers of the NBA

i.e. the Kobes, VCarter, Tmac, DWade 's

Until we get a 2 guard or combo guard that can defend the big scoring guards Q has to be out there.....he plays good defense and some forget in our worst moments over the last 2 years he was our best rebounder while having one shoulder....

ok, Now Wilson looks great, but he still has some weaknesses...
he doesnt handle the ball great for a 3 man and doesn't create is own shot like a Tyshawn Prince would yet....so in my opinion its better for him to come in when nate does off the bench because nate is a better creator and the 2nd unit plays at a faster tempo where Wilson can spot up and trail the lane for dunks and layups...

Wilson is a great player and should be a starter in this league right now...
but what will help his team the most now....im not sure...probably lean more towards coming off the bench after really thinking about it...

Wilson Chandler

Pros

1. Athletic
2. Shooting Range (and quality)
3. Shot Blocker
4. Versitiliy (play 3 or 4 spot)
5. Dunking (spark the crowd esp at home/oppent. fear)

Cons

1. Ball Handling (can't create own shot/shooting off dribble)
2. Passing (He makes great moves never passes out of them/offensive foul)
3. Fouls in General aka Disapline on defense
4. Def. Rebounding (could improve only 6 boards a game and he avg. 2 on Offensive glass
5. Shooting % from 3 and the FT line must improve

I think he can have a nice career as a Knick and they will start him when we are playing bigger teams that are athletic.....

Lee is in a funk now...

and both players will be fine....

by next year Wilson will be in starting lineup for 82 games....

this year Mikey D should pick and choose the spots...

peace

jpz17

Starter
what the **** have we have won the last three games you clown, but yet
  • they were against crap teams
  • duhon is really crap
  • they were against shit point guards
  • marbury would have got us 6 wins
this is all we have been hearing. Again you are blinded by one player, what a shit poster

Coming from someone who no one knows and only has 180 posts..

look at this year the Knicks had with Steph

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="16">Eastern Conference</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left" width="150">ATLANTIC</td> <td width="50">W</td> <td width="50">L</td> <td width="50">PCT</td> <td width="50">GB</td> <td width="50">HM</td> <td width="50">RD</td> <td width="50">CONF</td> <td width="50">DIV</td> <td width="50">PF</td> <td width="50">PA</td> <td width="50">DIFF</td> <td width="50">STRK</td> <td width="50">L10</td> </tr> <!-- sortCol: playoffSeed gamesBehind sortOrder:false false --><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">y-New Jersey</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 2--> <td>47</td> <td>35</td> <td>.573</td> <td class="sortcell">-</td> <td><nobr>28-13</nobr></td> <td><nobr>19-22</nobr></td> <td><nobr>34-20</nobr></td> <td><nobr>18-7</nobr></td> <td>90.3</td> <td>87.8</td> <td class="greenfont">+2.5</td><td><nobr>Lost 2</nobr></td> <td><nobr>5-5</nobr></td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">x-Miami</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 4--> <td>42</td> <td>40</td> <td>.512</td> <td class="sortcell">5</td> <td><nobr>29-12</nobr></td> <td><nobr>13-28</nobr></td> <td><nobr>30-24</nobr></td> <td><nobr>15-10</nobr></td> <td>90.3</td> <td>89.7</td> <td class="greenfont">+0.5</td><td><nobr>Won 2</nobr></td> <td><nobr>7-3</nobr></td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">x-New York</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 7--> <td>39</td> <td>43</td> <td>.476</td> <td class="sortcell">8</td> <td><nobr>23-18</nobr></td> <td><nobr>16-25</nobr></td> <td><nobr>31-23</nobr></td> <td><nobr>17-7</nobr></td> <td>92.0</td> <td>93.5</td> <td class="redfont">-1.5</td><td><nobr>Lost 1</nobr></td> <td><nobr>6-4</nobr></td></tr></tbody></table>

In his first year

now look at this year

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="16">Eastern Conference</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left" width="150">ATLANTIC</td> <td width="50">W</td> <td width="50">L</td> <td width="50">PCT</td> <td width="50">GB</td> <td width="50">HM</td> <td width="50">RD</td> <td width="50">CONF</td> <td width="50">DIV</td> <td width="50">PF</td> <td width="50">PA</td> <td width="50">DIFF</td> <td width="50">STRK</td> <td width="50">L10</td> </tr> <!-- sortCol: playoffSeed gamesBehind sortOrder:false false --><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">New Jersey</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 0--> <td>52</td> <td>30</td> <td>.634</td> <td class="sortcell">-</td> <td><nobr>33-8</nobr></td> <td><nobr>19-22</nobr></td> <td><nobr>0-0</nobr></td> <td><nobr>0-0</nobr></td> <td>96.2</td> <td>92.0</td> <td class="greenfont">+4.2</td><td><nobr>Won 1</nobr></td> <td><nobr>6-4</nobr></td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Boston</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 0--> <td>49</td> <td>33</td> <td>.598</td> <td class="sortcell">3</td> <td><nobr>27-14</nobr></td> <td><nobr>22-19</nobr></td> <td><nobr>0-0</nobr></td> <td><nobr>0-0</nobr></td> <td>96.4</td> <td>94.1</td> <td class="greenfont">+2.2</td><td><nobr>Won 4</nobr></td> <td><nobr>8-2</nobr></td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Orlando</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 0--> <td>44</td> <td>38</td> <td>.537</td> <td class="sortcell">8</td> <td><nobr>27-14</nobr></td> <td><nobr>17-24</nobr></td> <td><nobr>0-0</nobr></td> <td><nobr>0-0</nobr></td> <td>100.5</td> <td>98.9</td> <td class="greenfont">+1.6</td><td><nobr>Lost 1</nobr></td> <td><nobr>5-5</nobr></td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Philadelphia</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 0--> <td>43</td> <td>39</td> <td>.524</td> <td class="sortcell">9</td> <td><nobr>22-19</nobr></td> <td><nobr>21-20</nobr></td> <td><nobr>0-0</nobr></td> <td><nobr>0-0</nobr></td> <td>91.0</td> <td>89.4</td> <td class="greenfont">+1.6</td><td><nobr>Lost 2</nobr></td> <td><nobr>5-5</nobr></td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">Washington</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 0--> <td>37</td> <td>45</td> <td>.451</td> <td class="sortcell">15</td> <td><nobr>22-19</nobr></td> <td><nobr>15-26</nobr></td> <td><nobr>0-0</nobr></td> <td><nobr>0-0</nobr></td> <td>92.8</td> <td>94.2</td> <td class="redfont">-1.4</td><td><nobr>Won 1</nobr></td> <td><nobr>3-7</nobr></td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Miami</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 0--> <td>36</td> <td>46</td> <td>.439</td> <td class="sortcell">16</td> <td><nobr>18-23</nobr></td> <td><nobr>18-23</nobr></td> <td><nobr>0-0</nobr></td> <td><nobr>0-0</nobr></td> <td>87.2</td> <td>88.7</td> <td class="redfont">-1.5</td><td><nobr>Won 1</nobr></td> <td><nobr>4-6</nobr></td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">New York</td> <!--standing.playoffSeed = 0--> <td>30</td> <td>52</td> <td>.366</td> <td class="sortcell">22</td> <td><nobr>19-22</nobr></td> <td><nobr>11-30</nobr></td> <td><nobr>0-0</nobr></td> <td><nobr>0-0</nobr></td> <td>91.6</td> <td>95.6</td> <td class="redfont">-4.0</td><td><nobr>Lost 2</nobr></td> <td><nobr>3-7</nobr></td></tr></tbody></table>

big difference adding steph

I don't get why you say he hasn't won anything for us.. those are facts man

Kiyaman

Legend
The main thing we must remember about Wilson Chandler is that he is in his second season in the NBA. His athletic performance and all-around skillz would have alot of NBA teams start Wilson Chandler.....at the SF position.

I'm suprise Miami Pat Riley did not try to make a trade for SF-Wilson Chandler to start the Miami Heat Future Growth of a "Trio" of SG-Wade, SF-Chandler, and PF-Beasely, using Shawn Marion in a trade for Curry & Chandler.

I dont like to pound on the Marbury thing.... but you must admitt that SF-Chandler looked great an unstoppable in the open court game that SG-Marbury, and PG-Nate provided in Dantoni's system. This is why I mention Miami SG-Wade and rookie PF-Beasley in a lineup with Chandler.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the one thing i see with Chandler is sometimes he falls in love with the outside jumper if he sticks to his game inside that'll open up his game outside, and other times he just doesnt get plays drawn up for him, but with time he could be a special player his consistency from outside must improve though.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Coming from someone who no one knows and only has 180 posts..

I don't get why you say he hasn't won anything for us.. those are facts man

Lol you actually went there. The fact that you have no rep points yet posting over 900 times shows just how valued you're posts are. But after being on this site for 7-8 months longer than you, I can see who the good posters are. I don't think I'm great, but compared to you. I am the Jesus, the Ali, and the Jordan of this site.

That point you made was actually embarrassing, and clearly defines the poster you are

You used statistics from different years to show that marbury would improve this team.

You don't think the lineups, coaches, other teams have changed since then you ****ing retard.

And what the **** has he won us, New York don't have rings. Its time for change which has started to happen, if you can't see that then please get the **** out to your new "Starbury" site.

You think some people now know who I am now, after owning you're embarrassing ass.

Quality >>> Quantity

Lol you actually went there. The fact that you have no rep points yet posting over 900 times shows just how valued you're posts are. But after being on this site for 7-8 months longer than you, I can see who the good posters are. I don't think I'm great, but compared to you. I am the Jesus, the Ali, and the Jordan of this site.

That point you made was actually embarrassing, and clearly defines the poster you are

You used statistics from different years to show that marbury would improve this team.

You don't think the lineups, coaches, other teams have changed since then you ****ing retard.

And what the **** has he won us, New York don't have rings. Its time for change which has started to happen, if you can't see that then please get the **** out to your new "Starbury" site.

You think some people now know who I am now, after owning you're embarrassing ass.

Quality >>> Quantity

Good luck preaching to the Starburians/Team Starbury in here, its like talking to a wall. Steph is there hero and that's all they know. They insult you when you talk common sense about their boy, and they ignore you when you bring the facts to a post and hit you with pointless stats about how great Starbury is ppg,ability blah,blah,blah........... Just a lttle question there team Starbury, What is the leage's and Media's views of Stephon Marbury? The answer is...... A talented young imature player comming into the leage blah,blah,blah, a coach killer, not a team player, a little crazy and a team cancer/ life long loser everywhere he goes. How many teams did Steph play for that wanted him back ?........... That would be 0 ! Minn drafted him and got rid of him, Jersey didn't want him, Phx didn't want him, and now that he's had his homecomming Circus in NY, NY dosen't want him either. It must be the whole NBA and all the Media have the wrong idea about poor Steph hugh?!

jpz17

Starter

Quality >>> Quantity

hah... you didn't do crap.. I have 4 rep points.. none are approved though.. man you don't know crap.. Stephon Marbury is exactly what D'Antoni needs. Marbury can shoot pass and run, all things D'Antoni likes.. I have 100 times more support on this site than some loser like you has. Your probably some 45 year old who has no life and no family. I'm a little young to have a family, and being in college gives you free time. so STFU :asshole: