Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 91

Thread: Game 7: Knicks vs Spurs 11/11 @ 8:30pm ET

  1. #61
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Whoever wants to do the game thread for tomorrow night (against memphis), go for it
    I'll do the thread, MSG.

  2. #62
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    keep preachin abcd, Duhon cant lead a D-League team to the playoffs, he gets alot of turnovers/near turnovers sloppy passes, dont let those assit averages fool you guy they were blown up by 2 games.were going back to the lottery.

  3. #63
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Even Espn analyst on NBA Coast to Coast belive Marbury should be playing. I can't for the life of me figure why Dantoni wont play him! **** MAN!

  4. #64
    Member theknicks3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    What happened out there? I thought Marbury was a cancer. I thought the Knicks were headed in the right direction with Chris Duhon.
    so you the think the sole reason we lost was because of Duhon?

    Open you're eyes.. what about the shooting, **** defence, duncan

  5. #65
    Member theknicks3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Even Espn analyst on NBA Coast to Coast belive Marbury should be playing. I can't for the life of me figure why Dantoni wont play him! **** MAN!
    refer to kblack25's post, then maybe you'l see why he isn't playing

  6. #66
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by theknicks3
    so you the think the sole reason we lost was because of Duhon?

    Open you're eyes.. what about the shooting, **** defence, duncan
    My eyes are open. Open yours. The Knicks had 9 total points from Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson combined(starters). Marbury could have score more than that by himself.

  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    our bench played like ass.fact.

  8. #68
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Even Espn analyst on NBA Coast to Coast belive Marbury should be playing. I can't for the life of me figure why Dantoni wont play him! **** MAN!
    And ESPN's NBA Today Analyst Jason Smith said he shouldn't play...what's your point?

  9. #69
    Member theknicks3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    My eyes are open. Open yours. The Knicks had 9 total points from Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson combined(starters). Marbury could have score more than that by himself.
    I'd prefer my bigs to score. Duhon got 7 assists - I'd take that over 9 points. QRich, Chandler all didn't score enough.

    Duhon only got 2 turnovers, and we were only -2 when he was on, compared to -15 for Qrich, n -13 for Zbo.

    So the same question, would you blame this loss on Duhon, like you did above?

  10. #70
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by theknicks3
    I'd prefer my bigs to score. Duhon got 7 assists - I'd take that over 9 points. QRich, Chandler all didn't score enough.

    Duhon only got 2 turnovers, and we were only -2 when he was on, compared to -15 for Qrich, n -13 for Zbo.

    So the same question, would you blame this loss on Duhon, like you did above?
    Obviously they would...They also seem to think this one loss will destroy our team...

    smh @ the starbury crowd

    Atleast I don't have to read their crap like you guys do...I just ignored them all ^.^

  11. #71
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by theknicks3
    I'd prefer my bigs to score. Duhon got 7 assists - I'd take that over 9 points. QRich, Chandler all didn't score enough.

    Duhon only got 2 turnovers, and we were only -2 when he was on, compared to -15 for Qrich, n -13 for Zbo.

    So the same question, would you blame this loss on Duhon, like you did above?
    Yes, I blame Duhon for the loss. He only scored 6 points. Nash averaged 18 points, on each of his SUCCESSFUL NBA seasons with the Suns.

    All of D'Antoni's SUCCESSFUL Phoenix Suns teams have had at least 16 points per game from their starting point guard, Steve Nash.

    Chris Duhon handicaps the Knicks, when he doesn't score. So does Quentin Richardson. The Knicks only lost by 10. Had Duhon and Richardson each scored 10 points, they might have won.
    Last edited by abcd; Nov 11, 2008 at 23:08.

  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,047
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I thought I was missing out not seeing the game tonight, but I guess not. The Spurs on the road is still a tough game with no Parker/Ginobille because that's Duncan's team. All the rest are the supporting cast. That's why I still believe you need a man in the middle to win an NBA Championship unless you have Micheal and Scotty. I guess the old bad boy Pistons didn't have a dominant center, but they had a bunch of bigs like Lambeer and Mahorn to knock the snot out of you.

    As for the Marbury thing, I can't believe a player on the INACTIVE list gets so much talk here. So I guess every game we win this season is because the other team sucks and every game we lose we would have won with Steph. I mean that's great to have your cake and eat it too. Right or wrong the Marbury era in NY is over. When D'antoni was brought in any realist knew this. I can't see any senario where Steph plays another game in a Knick uniform. SO GET OVER IT. This is going to be another long season crying about how great Steph is why he isn't playing. See the above posts of why he isn't. I mean how about discussing guys that actually get playing time??? Not every poster gets to see every game so the site is a great fill-in, but not if every thread is about Steph. Enough is enough. You always root for you current and past players, but when their time is up, you let them go and find new guys on your team to root for. The current roster has plenty. We have a diminutive back-up point guard who just happens to be a Slam-Dunk champion, a budding All-Star in Jamal, a comeback player in Q, D-Lee, Z-BO whoever just pick a couple. This site is seriously like the basketball bizarro world when it comes to Steph.....

  13. #73
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,047
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Oh yeah great game thread MSG!!! One of the better ones in my book.

  14. #74
    Member theknicks3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Yes, I blame Duhon for the loss. He only scored 6 points. Nash averaged 18 points, on each of his SUCCESSFUL NBA seasons with the Suns.

    All of D'Antoni's SUCCESSFUL Phoenix Suns teams have had at least 16 points per game from their starting point guard, Steve Nash.

    Chris Duhon handicaps the Knicks, when he doesn't score. So does Quentin Richardson. The Knicks only lost by 10. Had Duhon and Richardson each scored 10 points, they might have won.
    but were not pheonix.

    We don't have arguably the best young big (stouds) in the game to through it too, or one of the best defenders (marion), or even one of the best three point shooters (bell, barbosa)

    Its not all about points, and this has been a huge problem in the past.

    We thought Curry was God for a season because he got 20 points but he didn't do anything else. Theres a bigger picture.

    With Duhon on the court we were only -2, I love this statistic as it shows the impact, and clarifies my point that there is more than scoring

  15. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    anyone who supports duhon

    save your breathe


    i pointed out the strickland/jackson/anthony/childs/ward comparison to duhon in a past post and it went ignored


    they all avg'd about 10ppg being generous per year..its about the supporting cast doing their job.

    duhon is historically on point to be a great nyk's point guard...but he still has time to grow,and he's in the perfect position to do that.

    chandler and nate rob took the night off...crawford didnt look for his shots all the time,and randolph seemed very sluggish..its all about the bounce-back

Similar Threads

  1. Atlanta Hawks vs New York Knicks Game Thread 3/16
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Mar 17, 2008, 05:59
  2. New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards Game Thread 2/18
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2008, 22:23
  3. Dallas Mavericks vs New York Knicks Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Dec 11, 2007, 18:16
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: Nov 07, 2006, 03:58
  5. GAME THREAD - 2/27/06 - 8:30 pm EST - Knicks @ Spurs
    By Peach_NYK_21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2006, 16:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •