Game 7: Knicks vs Spurs 11/11 @ 8:30pm ET

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The New York Knicks (4-2) vs the San Antonio Spurs (1-4)
Tues. 11/11 at 8:30pm ET on MSG​

spursgame1c.jpg

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host the Gold Mac 10 and I would like to welcome you to the show. The Knicks are off to a good start with a 4 and 2 record. Their most impressive win came Sunday when they defeated the undefeated Utah Jazz, but was it really impressive? Deron Williams did not play. As George Bush once said, "You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on."

Offensively the Knicks ran like a well oiled machine. They've played with confidence and every one appears to be on the same page. Zach Randolph (at least statistically) has been the best Knick to date. Hes averaging just shy of 20 points and 11.5 rebounds per game. Jamal Crawford is off to a much better start this year then he was last year. His shot selection has been much better. Crawfords defense is still non existent but his 13.8 shots per game is much improved from last years 17+ shots per game, and hes only averaging a point and a half less then he did last year. Chris Duhon has done a nice job of moving the ball as proven by his 6.7 assists per game.

The San Antonio Spurs will be without 2 of their best players. Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker As they say you cant teach an old dog new tricks, but unfortunately this old dog doesn't do his tricks as good as he once did. If the Knicks lose this game, it will be dissapointing. Tim Duncan is still a top 10 player in the league, but he does not have a strong supporting cast with the other two members of the big three sitting on the bench.

If you were unable to see the Jazz game heres the highlights

STARTING LINEUPS

746156878_l.jpg

The San Antonio Spurs

pg-George Hill
sg-Roger Mason
sf-Bruce Bowen
pf-Tim Duncan
C-Kurt Thomas

spursfan is gay
4488.jpg
1721.jpg
83.jpg
215.jpg
846.jpg

Backups: Desmon Farmer, Ime Udoka, Michael Finley, Anthony Tolliver, George Hill, Fabricio Oberto, Matt Boner

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHORN
AT SHOOTING GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD WILSON CHANDLER
AT CENTER ZACH RANDOLPH

3855.jpg
3407.jpg
3417.jpg
4301.jpg
3531.jpg

BACKUPS: NATE ROBINSON, DAVID LEE, MARDY COLLINS, ANTHONY ROBERSON, MALIK ROSE, DANILO GALLINARI

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Zach Randolph vs Tim Duncan

tim_duncan.jpg

duncan_tim_400.jpg

VS

zack-randolph.jpg

303660153_18f8bd2f44.jpg

Zach Randolph

Zach Randolph is off to a great start, at least statistically. He has been a monster on the boards and a force on offense. His 5 turnovers against Utah make me sick...but the difference between Z-bo and Eddy Curry is that Z-bo still had 25 points (9-20) and 14 rebounds. Despite having no athletic ability, Zach is a skilled player in the low post with a variety of moves. He might have a difficult time getting his shots off over the 7'1" Tim Duncan, who is a great defender.

19.8 PPG
11.5 RPG
44.1 FG%
1.7 APG
2.3 TOPG

I gotta also point out that Zach is 4-11 from 3 point range

Tim Duncan

Many consider Duncan to be the greatest power forward of all time. He still has not shown any signs of slowing down. At age 32, hes still one of the best if not the best big man in the league. Hes averaging 26 points and 11.6 rebounds per game. He will be a very tough challenge for the shorter Zach Randolph, but if Z-bo can come close to matching Duncans production then this game should be a wrap for the Knicks. They should win even if Zach has a bad game.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Show up ready to play
  • Look to score!!! Spurs are just as bad defensively as we are
  • Attack the Rim!!! Spurs are only blocking just over 2 shots a game
  • Look to double Timmy D: Z-bo cant guard him

Player Spotlight

spotlight.jpg

Jamal Crawford

crawford_4923.jpg

poy06_crawford_218.jpg

Crawford has looked a lot more comfortable in Mike D'antoni's system so far. His shot selection has improved from last year. Hes been more selective and its helped the team a lot. I do not expect him to keep this up, but I hope he does.

Jamal Crawfords Stats:

07-08: 20.4ppg, 17.4 fg attempts
08-09: 19.2ppg, 13.8 fg attempts

Keep up the good work Crawford :thumbsup: :crossfingers:

Throwback Joint of the Day:

Artist:Mobb Deep ft. Big Noyd
Title:If It's Alright
Album:Demo Tape
Year:1994

3366527.jpg

Download "If It's Alright" Here:
If It_s Alright 1.mp3 - 7.35MB

Knicks upcoming Schedule:

• Tues, Nov 11 @ San Antonio 8:30 PM
  • Wed, Nov 12 @ Memphis 8:00 PM
  • Fri, Nov 14 @ Oklahoma City 7:30 PM
  • Sun, Nov 16 vs Dallas 6:00 PM
  • Tues, Nov 18 @ Boston 7:30 PM

Thanks for joining me for my pregame show. And remember to watch the Knicks Tuesday night on MSG.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
I expect a Knicks win also. There will be periods where the Spurs are playing 3 rookies at once. I just don't know how that can translate into a win. I'm hopeful but I'm also a realist.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Good game thread, MSG. I'm looking forward to this game. It will be interesting to see how Duncan and Randolph matchup and how Roger Mason and Jamal Crawford match up.

JayJ44

Starter
This is going to be a very tough matchup for Zach. Tim Duncan is probably the best defender on the low block of all time, so Zach's definitely gonna have to work for his points. Plus, we don't really have anyone who can defend him, so we're gonna have to double/triple team him. I still think this will be a relatively easy win for the Knicks, the Spurs just don't have enough firepower without Parker and Ginobli.

jpz17

Starter
Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are the two most important players.. they could get away with those two and not have duncan.. they could get away with one of those guards.. they could not get away without either of those guards.. I expect a good game, Duncan will score 30 to 40. I expect Crawford to take advantage and have another "good" crawful game

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
"spursfan is gay"

Real mature. I don't dislike the Knicks. But some of their fans are real babies.

lol I was wonderin if you or anyone would catch on to that. Nothin personal...but besides you everyone is knicks fans on this site. I only did that for laughs, im suprised you found that. From time to time i will put hidden messages in my posts to see if anyone catches on.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
good dhit MSG...i see the tread didnt delete this time lmao...anyways we gotta come out mentally ready more than anything....all they got is Duncan we should let him get his theres no stopping that but dont let others get established then this should be a win...mental toughness is the key..we cant think cause were playing the spurs who won 4 titles in 10 years and that we havent won in San Antonio in a few seasons, that were gonna lose and they're better than us. the 2 things to watch are mental toughness and Defense, offense wont do us as much as defense, if we could stop the other players from getting established this will be easy pickings, just let duncan do him he wont beat 9 guys by himself stop the others....If we cant do that were screwed

jpz17

Starter
lol I was wonderin if you or anyone would catch on to that. Nothin personal...but besides you everyone is knicks fans on this site. I only did that for laughs, im suprised you found that. From time to time i will put hidden messages in my posts to see if anyone catches on.

msg, thats hilarious.. overall best post I've ever seen.. too bad I can't give a rep for that.. I'm giving Spursfan a rep for finding it

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

LMAOOOOO:teeth:

**** the Spurs! Gayest team in the league after the Celdicks! I always disliked the Spurs dunno why... I hope we blow em out bad in front of their fans!

TunerAddict

Starter
Tim Duncan is probably the best defender on the low block of all time

Seriously?

Not Dikembe? Hakeem the Dream? Ewing?

Shit, those are just three shot blocker than I can think of....

But on another note, the Spurs so far this year are one of the WORST defensive teams in the league. Yep, thats right. WORST. I know, its a real shock.

112-107

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
like i said in another thread, most of my insults are for laughs. Some of you maggots on here are clowns. (cough) (tuner) (getreal)