Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: Anthony, Rivers, Strickland, Jackson, Childs, Ward &...Duhon?

  1. #31
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Duhon > Mebury
    hah???? are you kidding??? Duhon is no Marbury

  2. #32
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    hah???? are you kidding??? Duhon is no Marbury
    Mebury is more talented, but Duhon is better at running the PG position and running a team.

  3. #33
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,686
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    hah???? are you kidding??? Duhon is no Marbury
    You're right though JPZ. Even Steve Nash said that one on one Marbury would kill him, but team ball is different then one on one ball. Funny thing is I use to be a strong Marbury supporter. But after a while it feels like making excuses when a guy lets you down. I always said that Marbury is more of a two guard that can pass then a floor general. If Thomas traded for a point guard to play along side Marbury (Not Steve Francis) things might have played out differently.

    Duhon has proven himself in my book. He's proven he can be at the very least a Charlie Ward like PG.

  4. #34
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,476
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Duhon the Dime

    Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    no one says Duhon is better than Steph (even though his winning percentage proves otherwise). no one is saying Duhon is Mike's next Nash. But what Im saying and you should be aswell is that Duhon is the point guard we need at this time. young. quick contract. unselfish. and this oh he cant score comments... first off he's obviously proved that theory wrong but secondly WHO CARES IF HE COULDN'T?!?! we have twelve other guys who can do that, and that alone. let this guy do what he does. play unselfish ball and run the team.

    Marbury is better than Duhon. point and simple.
    But Marbury is not better for this team. Im sorry.

    Wow, what a great post, and after yesterday's 22 dime game and Mebury's current situation, prophetic. Duhon and DLee are a lethal combo, more power to D'ant man. you da man, NYKnicks15.

  5. #35
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    You're right though JPZ. Even Steve Nash said that one on one Marbury would kill him, but team ball is different then one on one ball. Funny thing is I use to be a strong Marbury supporter. But after a while it feels like making excuses when a guy lets you down. I always said that Marbury is more of a two guard that can pass then a floor general. If Thomas traded for a point guard to play along side Marbury (Not Steve Francis) things might have played out differently.

    Duhon has proven himself in my book. He's proven he can be at the very least a Charlie Ward like PG.
    I agree with what I bolded... and I agree Marbury would be a good 2... but I think he could have fit nicely with D'Antoni

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    bum ass maggots

    poor attempt at pickin starbury apart

    patrick ewing
    allan houston
    latrell sprewell
    john starks

    curry
    z-bo
    crawford


    **** outta here dikk head

    man, my posts are so useless...wait..nevermind, thats you.

    ****boy

    just admit when you're wrong, im sure everyone will tolerate you much more easily..

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    all those pg's had great players around them so they didnt have to score in order for the team to be competitive.....Randolph/Lee do not come close to comparing to Ewing...and Crawford/Q-Brick are nothing to what Sprewell/Houston were to our team, they took our team to the final and we were championship contenders every year with these guys...Crawford/Q-Brick and Curry took us to the lottery....and were most likely going back there again this year,

    Duhon is nothing to Marbury enough with trying to prove Duhon is better for our team, he cant do **** he does the most simple stuff which is a definition of a bench player
    would this post deserve a negative rep point? (im still trying to get down whats deemed ok by team starbaby). He completely missed the point of my post, compared a bunch of players for no reason, and got proven wrong by an insanely high scoring night with "average"...or even, below average players and the top assist total for a knicks pg in one game.

    Team Du

    yeah i said it

  7. #37
    Member rollingstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Isnt D'Antoni system so different from what those other guys played in, that comparing these stats doesnt make sense anymore?
    If we get to draft a young top caliber PG this year (Ricky Rubio or whoever looks best at the end of the year), and D'Antoni stays for at least 5 years, i bet that guy tops Knicks PG record books by the end of his career.

  8. #38
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by rollingstone
    Isnt D'Antoni system so different from what those other guys played in, that comparing these stats doesnt make sense anymore?
    If we get to draft a young top caliber PG this year (Ricky Rubio or whoever looks best at the end of the year), and D'Antoni stays for at least 5 years, i bet that guy tops Knicks PG record books by the end of his career.

    Duhon is looking like "that dude". How old is he? Compared to when Coach D got Nash? He's smart and a pass first PG with a pretty good stroke from the 3 pt line....... just saying.

  9. #39
    Member rollingstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I lost faith in Duhon few years ago, when he was showing similar strides on Bulls and then went totally cold, but yea, it's an interesting observation.

  10. #40
    Superstar WiL8000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    529
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I must admit that I'm impressed with Duhon this season. I wasn't thrilled that he'd be the starting at PG. He came into a situation where he would be scrutinized more than on any other team. I'd be the first to say that Duhon isn't as talented as Stephon Marbury, but he didn't let stepping into someone elses role...presumably Marbury's phase him. So that shows a lot.
    Like it or not he's the starting point guard now and I support the team first. I'm not always impressed with every game he plays, but he works through it and that shows a lot of character and leadership which are not stats, but just as important.

  11. #41
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by WiL8000
    I must admit that I'm impressed with Duhon this season. I wasn't thrilled that he'd be the starting at PG. He came into a situation where he would be scrutinized more than on any other team. I'd be the first to say that Duhon isn't as talented as Stephon Marbury, but he didn't let stepping into someone elses role...presumably Marbury's phase him. So that shows a lot.
    Like it or not he's the starting point guard now and I support the team first. I'm not always impressed with every game he plays, but he works through it and that shows a lot of character and leadership which are not stats, but just as important.
    couldnt have said it any better, i wasnt too trilled with Duhon starting and early on i didnt see nothing out of him that impressed me but lately he's been playing efficient and effective basketball he knows how to run a team and keep them focused on the goal even through injuries etc. kudos to Duhon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •