Anthony, Rivers, Strickland, Jackson, Childs, Ward &...Duhon?

While with the Knicks:

Greg Anthony-6.5ppg,4.0 assists
Rod Strickland-8ppg, 4.0 assists
Doc Rivers-7.5ppg, 2.5 assists
Mark Jackson-13ppg, 8 assists
Chris Childs-7ppg, 5 assists
Charlie Ward-7.5ppg, 5.5 assists

And now the stat that will set villages a-flame:

Chris Duhon-6.9ppg, 4.5assists (career in chicago and ny so far)

obviously you will cry about minutes played, etc. but duhon played LESS minutes than most of the guys above, his numbers will only increase in rebounds and assists with an increase in minutes. and Jackson & Strickland are the only ones out of those guys that really got a chunk of minutes on the regular...case in point,their numbers are larger. if duhon can stay consistant and keep the ball moving, theirs no reason he couldnt be considered in this list..like it or not..

is he a nba legend? no

is he the right point guard for us? yes

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
Very interesting, but in fairness these guys all had one of the best centers to ever live on their team, not much would have been asked of them.

GetRealistic

Starter
Interesting stuff. So your telling me the starting point guard doesn't have to average 20 ppg for his team to be a good?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
bum ass maggots

poor attempt at pickin starbury apart

patrick ewing
allan houston
latrell sprewell
john starks

curry
z-bo
crawford

fukk outta here dikk head

awww did i hit you with a stat that hurt you?

include harper in there and the numbers wouldnt change much

OF COURSE ITS MORE ABOUT SUPPORTING CAST YOU DUMMY

thats the whole point of this post...that Duhon's doing just fine and maybe you should focus some of your misguided hate towards players that ARENT pulling their weight, and HAVENT been.

but of course msg cant read that and he gets his tampon bunched up over Marbury..

Thanks for proving my point of the post though, you just cant get off that dudes dikk

how many WINS did we have? how many finals appearances did we make? oh yeah, thats right, a lot more than we have recently.

I also love that the only reply is "bum ass maggots blahblahblah" ...coming from the dude thats all "im not on his dikk, im just honest about our best player blahblahblah, whats best for our team blahblahblah"...Just hope Marbury gets dumped to a weak ass And 1 team and then you can watch him every night at 2am on ESPN2

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
all those pg's had great players around them so they didnt have to score in order for the team to be competitive.....Randolph/Lee do not come close to comparing to Ewing...and Crawford/Q-Brick are nothing to what Sprewell/Houston were to our team, they took our team to the final and we were championship contenders every year with these guys...Crawford/Q-Brick and Curry took us to the lottery....and were most likely going back there again this year,

Duhon is nothing to Marbury enough with trying to prove Duhon is better for our team, he cant do shit he does the most simple stuff which is a definition of a bench player

Toons

is the Bo$$
Hi isnt tryna say duhon is better than marbury idiot. He is making a point that the point position does not have to be the focal point in order for a team to be successful. You cant compare nash and duhon, also, you cannot limit the coaching expertise and versitility of dantoni. He may create a mixturte of transition and half court offense that is tailor made to our talent and concauct rotations that get us advantages on other teams. Lets keep in mind that we havent even played 10 games yet. How hard can you critique a point guard that has onyl played 8 professional games for a new team? Duhon has the potential to become a 10.2 pts 9.8 asst 5.4 rebs 1.8 t/o per game kind of player. What more can you ask out of a point guard? Like i said in another tread, if Dantoni thought duhon was the answer at the pg position, he would have given him a contract longer than 2010. He is only our fill-in until we draft a good rookie pg, and land a superstar in 2010. Duhon has the ball moving more than it moved last year when crawford played pg. Just because me-bury isnt playing dosent mean that we would have won more or less. Dantoni is playing without marbury, curry, jefferies, gallinari....four persons that had good games in amny of our wins last season, and he still is finding ways to win. I think that says a lot about how good a coach mike is. this season is about development, look for the lottery....look for gallinari gettin a lot of playing time when he comes. Look for a handfull of losses before allstar break, look for a solid run after allstar break.

and toons just earned my respect

not for agree'ing with me

but for simple reading comprehension

he actually got the point of what i was saying and didnt twist it to make some convoluted argument that wasnt being presented to begin with

while everyone else keeps proving my point for me....that its NOT duhon's fault and we can blame the other inconsistent/streaky players on the team. not the ones you WANT to use as a scapegoat

TunerAddict

Starter
People are dumb that say we can't do D's system because we don't have 16ppg Nash on the team...

You change the system to fit the players you have. Different strengths and weaknesses means a modified system.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Hi isnt tryna say duhon is better than marbury idiot. He is making a point that the point position does not have to be the focal point in order for a team to be successful. You cant compare nash and duhon, also, you cannot limit the coaching expertise and versitility of dantoni. He may create a mixturte of transition and half court offense that is tailor made to our talent and concauct rotations that get us advantages on other teams. Lets keep in mind that we havent even played 10 games yet. How hard can you critique a point guard that has onyl played 8 professional games for a new team? Duhon has the potential to become a 10.2 pts 9.8 asst 5.4 rebs 1.8 t/o per game kind of player. What more can you ask out of a point guard? Like i said in another tread, if Dantoni thought duhon was the answer at the pg position, he would have given him a contract longer than 2010. He is only our fill-in until we draft a good rookie pg, and land a superstar in 2010. Duhon has the ball moving more than it moved last year when crawford played pg. Just because me-bury isnt playing dosent mean that we would have won more or less. Dantoni is playing without marbury, curry, jefferies, gallinari....four persons that had good games in amny of our wins last season, and he still is finding ways to win. I think that says a lot about how good a coach mike is. this season is about development, look for the lottery....look for gallinari gettin a lot of playing time when he comes. Look for a handfull of losses before allstar break, look for a solid run after allstar break.

i did read it, but his whole reason is to try and say were better off with Duhorn than Marbury. and im not judging Duhon on only his stats with the knicks but based on his career

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i enjoy suckin dikk and im gay

your lucky im even givin you the time of day (no homo). you aint no where near me level. I can say anything i want to chumps like you. you can write a 10 page essay and everyone would still know that im the better poster.

while im knockin chumps out, you still on that middle school stuff

You havent had any pussy since pussy had you :lol:

i only read the first sentence of your post. your the last person that should call someone an idiot on this site. i got a video for you maggot

your a beginner like these kids. im a legend like bernard hopkins. like i told that other bitch maggot your lucky im even takin the time to respond to you bums.
Watch this video, and take some notes kiddo.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
your lucky im even givin you the time of day (no homo). you aint no where near me level. I can say anything i want to chumps like you. you can write a 10 page essay and everyone would still know that im the better poster.

while im knockin chumps out, you still on that middle school stuff

You havent had any pussy since pussy had you :lol:

i only read the first sentence of your post. your the last person that should call someone an idiot on this site. i got a video for you maggot

your a beginner like these kids. im a legend like bernard hopkins. like i told that other bitch maggot your lucky im even takin the time to respond to you bums.
Watch this video, and take some notes kiddo.

lmao..good looks..i got a retarded question how u upload videos like that without the link?...does it have anything to do with the youtube wrap thing?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
bum ass maggots

poor attempt at pickin starbury apart

patrick ewing
allan houston
latrell sprewell
john starks

curry
z-bo
crawford

fukk outta here dikk head
You tell em, MSG. A lot of people on here claim that your point guard does not have to score under D'Antoni's run and gun system, but that's clearly untrue. Steve Nash averaged 18 points per game, in 3 of his 4 50+ win seasons with the Suns, and he averaged 16 points, on the other season. A 4-3 start don't mean s#!t. Like I said before, a season is 82 games, not 10, not 20, 82. The Knicks would be 6-1 right now, if they had Marbury.