Anthony, Rivers, Strickland, Jackson, Childs, Ward &...Duhon?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lmao..good looks..i got a retarded question how u upload videos like that without the link?...does it have anything to do with the youtube wrap thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDxt-irSDEg

you erase everything after the = sign

bDxt-irSDEg

and then you past it inbetween the youtube bracket, for some reason it wont appear when i post it but click reply to my post and you'll see it where the video is

and you get this

theres a button at the top right of where you post that says YT, you can click on that to get the youtube bracket

You tell em, MSG. A lot of people on here claim that your point guard does not have to score under D'Antoni's run and gun system, but that's clearly untrue. Steve Nash averaged 18 points per game, in 3 of his 4 50+ win seasons with the Suns, and he averaged 16 points, on the other season. A 4-3 start don't mean s#!t. Like I said before, a season is 82 games, not 10, not 20, 82. The Knicks would be 6-1 right now, if they had Marbury.

co-sign

Paul1355

All Star
all those pg's had great players around them so they didnt have to score in order for the team to be competitive.....Randolph/Lee do not come close to comparing to Ewing...and Crawford/Q-Brick are nothing to what Sprewell/Houston were to our team, they took our team to the final and we were championship contenders every year with these guys...Crawford/Q-Brick and Curry took us to the lottery....and were most likely going back there again this year,

Duhon is nothing to Marbury enough with trying to prove Duhon is better for our team, he cant do shit he does the most simple stuff which is a definition of a bench player

Good point and no one mentioned that....getting a rep point for this one.

But Duhon is proving to be more than a bench player.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Good point and no one mentioned that....getting a rep point for this one.

But Duhon is proving to be more than a bench player.

thanks man loll...and i never said Duhon was a bad player he just plays sloppy gets retarded turnovers that marbury wont commit;they just getting ignored cause were winning...and he plays simple-which isnt a bad thing, he would just be better suited coming off the bench in my eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDxt-irSDEg

you erase everything after the = sign

bDxt-irSDEg

and then you past it inbetween the youtube bracket, for some reason it wont appear when i post it but click reply to my post and you'll see it where the video is

and you get this

theres a button at the top right of where you post that says YT, you can click on that to get the youtube bracket

co-sign

thanks MSG ill try it out in my draft thread and let you know how that goes, im what you call a computer illiterate, i just know the simple shit :smokin:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Here is the key point about point guards scoring ability: you have to be able to score within the flow of the offense. D'antoni figures he can make it go without Steph because of the type of guard Steph is. Steph half of the time will bring the ball up the floor, look off his teamates and shoot. The other half of the time Steph over dribbles and looks to go to the hole, again without looking for teamates. Sure Steph averages 8 assists for a career, but as pointed out above you have to look at supporting cast and having many years with the Big Ticket in his prime didn't those stats. Duhon will never have flashy numbers because he does what any good point is paid to do: get the team into the offense. If the ball swings back to you or you can penetrate, great. The change in NBA rules has changed the point guard position. You aren't allowed to hand check or play tough defense, so small, quick guards are ruling the game as well as the bigs. Its fun to watch. But in the end you PG is there to get the ball up the floor without turning it over, start your offense, chip in when needed, and stop the opposing PG. So far Duhon has done all of this. Duhon's scoring ability is also underated. Last year I watched Duhon drop 35 on the unspecting Celts. Duhon could score more if he tried. I'd rather see him fill up the stat sheet with rebounds, assists, and steals.....

NYKnicks15

Starter
hello family. i;ve been waiting a while to post again mainly because i just wanted to sit back and see what happens with the knicks, with our play and more importantly with what you guys have to say. this is the thread i feel i needed to post on.

I LIKE STEPHON MARBURY.
let me get that out first and foremost
I LIKE STEPHON MARBURY.

BUT! i am happy he is sitting the bench. im not a hater. infact i will say stephon marbury is the most talented player the knicks have on the roster and whole staff including Allan houston in his hayday or even mike D in italy. but all the talent in the world cant help stephon make this team. same with curry.

the problem corrupting the knicks over the years have been bad chemistry. bad teammanship. and me me philosophy. escaping the marbury arguement and PLEASE PLEASE dont turn this into one. Marbury is just not right for the team. we all agree the isiah went in the wrong direction. big contracts. not rebuilding... i just dont understand why when Walsh and Coach D do so.. you guys throw a fit.

our goal is to be there in 2010 for the big class. (which i think D Wade is more likely of an option than LBJ or Bosh) thats another story. in the meantime we play the youngsters who play cheap until next year. and sign Duhon to run the team along with Nate and JC for MLE for two years. expiring before that class comes out.

DUHON not Duhorn which some of you people keep putting as a redundant HORRIBLE NOT FUNNY joke is a solid player. and im sorry. i laughed every time you guys jumped the gun and wrote horrible comments about him early in the season. he just needed time to settle. build chemistry and feel comfortable to run the floor. he feels that way now. Derrick Rose started off the same way.. not a single person on TV or in this chatroom said anything about it. but Rose is coming to his own as well.

no one says Duhon is better than Steph (even though his winning percentage proves otherwise). no one is saying Duhon is Mike's next Nash. But what Im saying and you should be aswell is that Duhon is the point guard we need at this time. young. quick contract. unselfish. and this oh he cant score comments... first off he's obviously proved that theory wrong but secondly WHO CARES IF HE COULDN'T?!?! we have twelve other guys who can do that, and that alone. let this guy do what he does. play unselfish ball and run the team.

Marbury is better than Duhon. point and simple.
But Marbury is not better for this team. Im sorry.

Every team needs a Ward. a Smith. and right now we need a Duhon.
and eventually we need a Ewing or.. well Wade. haha and that time will come. but the team is flowing. were getting wins which is weird. playing team ball. and we should all be happy. stop hating a guy cause his name isnt on his shoes. and start loving what the Millers. and Duhons bring to a team.

GetRealistic

Starter
hello family. i;ve been waiting a while to post again mainly because i just wanted to sit back and see what happens with the knicks, with our play and more importantly with what you guys have to say. this is the thread i feel i needed to post on.

I LIKE STEPHON MARBURY.
I LIKE STEPHON MARBURY.

BUT! i am happy he is sitting the bench. im not a hater. infact i will say stephon marbury is the most talented player the knicks have on the roster and whole staff including Allan houston in his hayday or even mike D in italy. but all the talent in the world cant help stephon make this team. same with curry.

the problem corrupting the knicks over the years have been bad chemistry. bad teammanship. and me me philosophy. escaping the marbury arguement and PLEASE PLEASE dont turn this into one. Marbury is just not right for the team. we all agree the isiah went in the wrong direction. big contracts. not rebuilding... i just dont understand why when Walsh and Coach D do so.. you guys throw a fit.

our goal is to be there in 2010 for the big class. (which i think D Wade is more likely of an option than LBJ or Bosh) thats another story. in the meantime we play the youngsters who play cheap until next year. and sign Duhon to run the team along with Nate and JC for MLE for two years. expiring before that class comes out.

DUHON not Duhorn which some of you people keep putting as a redundant HORRIBLE NOT FUNNY joke is a solid player. and im sorry. i laughed every time you guys jumped the gun and wrote horrible comments about him early in the season. he just needed time to settle. build chemistry and feel comfortable to run the floor. he feels that way now. Derrick Rose started off the same way.. not a single person on TV or in this chatroom said anything about it. but Rose is coming to his own as well.

no one says Duhon is better than Steph (even though his winning percentage proves otherwise). no one is saying Duhon is Mike's next Nash. But what Im saying and you should be aswell is that Duhon is the point guard we need at this time. young. quick contract. unselfish. and this oh he cant score comments... first off he's obviously proved that theory wrong but secondly WHO CARES IF HE COULDN'T?!?! we have twelve other guys who can do that, and that alone. let this guy do what he does. play unselfish ball and run the team.

and eventually we need a Ewing or.. well Wade. haha and that time will come. but the team is flowing. were getting wins which is weird. playing team ball. and we should all be happy. stop hating a guy cause his name isnt on his shoes. and start loving what the Millers. and Duhons bring to a team.

Mark this down as post of the year. Great well thought out stuff. Sadly people will misconstrue what you said.

KBlack25

Starter

I LIKE STEPHON MARBURY.
I LIKE STEPHON MARBURY.

Great points, and I'd like to tack on something I put in another post for Team Starbury, it's a repost but it's completely relevant to your point, assuming as Team Starbury says, this team is a better team with Marbury at the point:

One thing I think the Marbury fans haven't answered though, and it's always been my opinion, is that maybe Marbury starting ISN'T the best thing for the Knicks and here's why.

I've said it over and over the Knicks are NOT a championship team with Marbury, even Marbury lovers have to admit this team is a barely in playoffs/barely out of playoffs team this year with Marbury at the point. Marbury also will not be on this team next year whether he plays or doesn't play, I think everyone can also agree on that.

The improvement Marbury gives you actually hurts in the end. The Knicks owe either their 2009 or 2010 Draft Pick to Utah via the Stephon Marbury trade (PHX traded to Utah). The 2009 Pick is top 22 protected, meaning if the Knicks finish with draft picks 1-22, they do NOT have to give up their pick in 2009 BUT if that were to happen they would owe their 2010 Draft Pick either way.

So let's assume the Marbury fans were right, he should play, he made us a better team but not enough to be pick 23 or above. That means we get that pick in 2009. It would probably be around 11-15ish? Then, when Marbury leaves, and the team is worse off (as Marbury lovers state, this team is worse without Marbury) and finish out of the playoffs again but likely with a top 10 draft pick. That top 10 pick goes to Utah, and our hands are tied.

What does this mean for the 2009 Draft in terms of rebuilding (with or without Marbury that's what's happening)? It has to count. It. Has. To. Count. That means this team needs a solid pick this year whether they use it as a trade chip or they can actually get a difference maker in the draft. The Marbury trade is costing a lot of draft picks, let's at least try and be smart about it when we can.

In addition, Marbury is not in this team's future. We've seen Nate Rob flourish off the bench this year (I personally think he should be the starter), we've seen Chandler flourish (see my opinion on Nate Rob) and I think the important thing this year is to get these guys who are going to be around next year used to playing together. If Duhon is going to be the point guard of this team as Mike D'Antoni's chosen one, then he needs minutes.

Does Marbury make the team better this year, in 2008-09? Definitely, I buy that 100%. I think the team right now would be be better off with Steph this year. I'm just not sure his playing time and what's fair to Marbury is what's best for the team. Is he talented? He sure is. He's also untradeable, no amount of playing time is going to make anybody on earth want to trade for this guy, it's a fact. GMs want no part of him, they see him as a problem child who couldn't get along with his coaches (first Larry Brown, who he now says he misses, and the Isiah Thomas, who was at one point his best friend). And this season Marbury has done what has been asked of him, I respect that a ton, especially with how he might have acted and responded a year or two ago. So yes, Marbury has responded well but in terms of behavior probably does deserve some playing time. But just because someone deserves something doesn't make it the best course of action in the end.

new Knicks assist record

hate to say i ...

wait, no i dont...

told you so dummies

starbaby is officially the most over-rated player to ever play in a Knicks uni...or...sit on the Knicks bench in street clothes...take your pick..

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
hah???? are you kidding??? Duhon is no Marbury

You're right though JPZ. Even Steve Nash said that one on one Marbury would kill him, but team ball is different then one on one ball. Funny thing is I use to be a strong Marbury supporter. But after a while it feels like making excuses when a guy lets you down. I always said that Marbury is more of a two guard that can pass then a floor general. If Thomas traded for a point guard to play along side Marbury (Not Steve Francis) things might have played out differently.

Duhon has proven himself in my book. He's proven he can be at the very least a Charlie Ward like PG.

CoolClyde

Duhon the Dime

:agreed:
Wow, what a great post, and after yesterday's 22 dime game and Mebury's current situation, prophetic. Duhon and DLee are a lethal combo, more power to D'ant man. you da man, NYKnicks15.

jpz17

Starter
You're right though JPZ. Even Steve Nash said that one on one Marbury would kill him, but team ball is different then one on one ball. Funny thing is I use to be a strong Marbury supporter. But after a while it feels like making excuses when a guy lets you down. I always said that Marbury is more of a two guard that can pass then a floor general. If Thomas traded for a point guard to play along side Marbury (Not Steve Francis) things might have played out differently.

Duhon has proven himself in my book. He's proven he can be at the very least a Charlie Ward like PG.

I agree with what I bolded... and I agree Marbury would be a good 2... but I think he could have fit nicely with D'Antoni

bum ass maggots

poor attempt at pickin starbury apart

patrick ewing
allan houston
latrell sprewell
john starks

curry
z-bo
crawford

fukk outta here dikk head

man, my posts are so useless...wait..nevermind, thats you.

fukkboy

just admit when you're wrong, im sure everyone will tolerate you much more easily..

all those pg's had great players around them so they didnt have to score in order for the team to be competitive.....Randolph/Lee do not come close to comparing to Ewing...and Crawford/Q-Brick are nothing to what Sprewell/Houston were to our team, they took our team to the final and we were championship contenders every year with these guys...Crawford/Q-Brick and Curry took us to the lottery....and were most likely going back there again this year,

Duhon is nothing to Marbury enough with trying to prove Duhon is better for our team, he cant do shit he does the most simple stuff which is a definition of a bench player

would this post deserve a negative rep point? (im still trying to get down whats deemed ok by team starbaby). He completely missed the point of my post, compared a bunch of players for no reason, and got proven wrong by an insanely high scoring night with "average"...or even, below average players and the top assist total for a knicks pg in one game.

Team Du

yeah i said it

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Isnt D'Antoni system so different from what those other guys played in, that comparing these stats doesnt make sense anymore?
If we get to draft a young top caliber PG this year (Ricky Rubio or whoever looks best at the end of the year), and D'Antoni stays for at least 5 years, i bet that guy tops Knicks PG record books by the end of his career.

Isnt D'Antoni system so different from what those other guys played in, that comparing these stats doesnt make sense anymore?
If we get to draft a young top caliber PG this year (Ricky Rubio or whoever looks best at the end of the year), and D'Antoni stays for at least 5 years, i bet that guy tops Knicks PG record books by the end of his career.

Duhon is looking like "that dude". How old is he? Compared to when Coach D got Nash? He's smart and a pass first PG with a pretty good stroke from the 3 pt line....... just saying.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
I lost faith in Duhon few years ago, when he was showing similar strides on Bulls and then went totally cold, but yea, it's an interesting observation.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I must admit that I'm impressed with Duhon this season. I wasn't thrilled that he'd be the starting at PG. He came into a situation where he would be scrutinized more than on any other team. I'd be the first to say that Duhon isn't as talented as Stephon Marbury, but he didn't let stepping into someone elses role...presumably Marbury's phase him. So that shows a lot.
Like it or not he's the starting point guard now and I support the team first. I'm not always impressed with every game he plays, but he works through it and that shows a lot of character and leadership which are not stats, but just as important.