• Nate Robinson

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NYKnicks15

Starter
haha good game for us. im aware it was against memphis. im aware they played a hard game the other night. im aware our first quarter wasnt perfect but JESUS GUYS?! can we not shut up and say a win is a win. we know we arent the best team in the league but im starting to believe that all of you would rather have us fail and lose all the time so you would have something to complain about.

we are winning! not beautifuly or with big names. or with your marbury or curry in the lineup but we are winning!!!!!

im sorry to get all upset with this.. i just grew up in a new york where a win is a win. a victory is sweet even though it might be slightly bitter. i dont understand this new mentality. yes haters i see you. we all do. its about time we support our team.. thats what true fans do... if not you, i, WE as a unit will become the worst thing in american sports history... PHILLY FANS?>!?!?!?!?!? ahhhhhhhh

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
That's the problem on this site: people care more about single players than about the teams success. But I guess thats because we didn't have much success over the past few years and people have to get used to this unknown feeling again ;o)

mynameis

Benchwarmer
did anyone see nate blew past OJ mayo the rook just ate some sh!t... I thought OJ was quick and a good defender, last time I see he ate dust from the great one(nate)

Kiyaman

Legend
This is not HATE

I'm not hating hard on Dantoni, Zach, or Crawful, they are "Strictly" offense......nothing more and nothing less......it dont bring WINS in Mid or Post season.
I'm an Ole Time Knick Fan for Life.
My Knicks had great success being one of the top defensive-team in the 70's, 80's, and 90's, which always beat offensive coaches and players like Dantoni, Zach, and Crawful.

Someone explain my plea the last 3-seasons when I kept demanding that we play our young players......
lastnite game was the end of a "back to back" inwhich the rookie we benched last season "Mr. Wilson Chandler" came down with a "Kick ash Flu" on offense/defense to outshine both "Mayo & Gay" with a performance of 11-12 fga for 27 points, 7rb, 3 ast, 3 stl, and 1 blk. That is ALL-STAR performance......
And Nasty Nate Robinson started it all with an "ENERGY" he been using since college ball.... we seen many times in the past how Bum coach Isiah would yank Nate out of a game as soon as he got heated up.
Nasty Nate provided us with a relentless hustle energy lastnite to keep Chandler energy "Energized" to do his Thang while Nate gave us 8-8 fga hitting 5-5 from down-town, 3 rb, 5 ast, and 1 stl..........

Nate & Chandler tied the score and took off with a Knick lead in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, inwhich Memphis could do nothing but admire the two Knick players athletic performance.
The two players took a total of 20 shots and hit 19 of those 20 with 9- Three-pointers for a total of 48 points.
They started their winning performance early in the 2nd qtr. when the Knicks needed points and the lead.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

Toons

is the Bo$$
who gives a flying fukk if he is about offense or defense. we WON. you see what larry brown did when he came with his defense talk.....23 win season.

Starks

Starter
haha good game for us. im aware it was against memphis. im aware they played a hard game the other night. im aware our first quarter wasnt perfect but JESUS GUYS?! can we not shut up and say a win is a win. we know we arent the best team in the league but im starting to believe that all of you would rather have us fail and lose all the time so you would have something to complain about.

we are winning! not beautifuly or with big names. or with your marbury or curry in the lineup but we are winning!!!!!

im sorry to get all upset with this.. i just grew up in a new york where a win is a win. a victory is sweet even though it might be slightly bitter. i dont understand this new mentality. yes haters i see you. we all do. its about time we support our team.. thats what true fans do... if not you, i, WE as a unit will become the worst thing in american sports history... PHILLY FANS?>!?!?!?!?!? ahhhhhhhh

Thank you. The biggest problem with this site is that too many posters can't seem to accept that the team is bigger than their favorite player.

Team Anit Marbury
Team Pro Marbury

blah blah blah

The only team we should be supporting and talking about is the NEW YORK KNICKS. This is the only Knick forum on the net that can't seem to get that straight. I'ts really sad

feetoe

Benchwarmer
someone on Memphis is hungry lol

capt.8015b59dd95b464c84f009db9bfb09c0.knicks_grizzlies_basketball_tnnb201.jpg

GetRealistic

Starter
Kiya i think your just complaining for the sake of complaining. We played a godo game. Sure it was against Memphis but the fact remains Memphis went 2-0 against us last season.

Z-Bo still has awful shot selection at times but he's been pretty solid this season. I'd say averaging close to 20 and 10 ain't to shabby. He's never going to be a defensive stopper but you can actually see him putting in the effort on defense. Duncan lit him up but i did feel like Zbo atleast made Duncan work for his buckets.

As far as Crawford goes, hes been our best player point blank. He still has shaky shot selection but compared to the last few seasons his shot selection is better. Also when Crawford decides to drive to the hoop he becomes a dangerous player. Again i'm not going to say he's a good defender but he atleast is using his speed and long arms to get some steals. He's never going to be a Bruce Bowen but he can atleast be a mediocre defender like Allan Houston.

Kiya you gotta stop living in the past. Isiah didn't play the young guys like you asked for, D'Antoni wasn't here so how can he get the blame for that. From the loosk of it Chandler, Lee, and Nate are deeply intrenched in the rotation so i don't understand what your possible complaint is.

And i agree most old time fans would much rather have a defensive team but even if we hired a defensive coach we don't have the personnel to be a defensive team. I think hiring a coach like D'Antoni was what fit the personnel best, not to mention he has a great reputation around the league that will help us land free agents.

We are 5-3 which ain't perfect but compared to the last 8 years its pretty close to perfect. Enjoy the ride because most likely there is going to be some down swings.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thank you. The biggest problem with this site is that too many posters can't seem to accept that the team is bigger than their favorite player.

Team Anit Marbury
Team Pro Marbury

blah blah blah

The only team we should be supporting and talking about is the NEW YORK KNICKS. This is the only Knick forum on the net that can't seem to get that straight. I'ts really sad

Starks, admitt it.....at times it is fun to read both side of the coin.... good and bad about the Player, coach, management, game, and our Owner.

Some Forums are like all democrats or all republicans a purpose without a reason. In life you go to the Supermarket or Cosco's and you meet and deal with everybody. There is no discrimination between dumb & smart or Luv & Hate when it comes time for food.
Accept the differ changes its LIFE.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
thing that impresed me most about Chandler more than the point was his defense, 3 steals for this dude

adamsilver

Rookie
Missed the game last night and don't have the NBA package, but I just read all the recaps and game stories -- wow...what a performance. Wish I could have seen that live. Chandler is the real deal and, as a Florida Gators guy, it is nice to hear Roberson contributed, even if it was with 5 minutes left.

Kiyaman

Legend
GetReal good point.

Its just that Nate & Chandler are out there busting their chops to make a Name and a Big Payday$$$ contract for themself like others got.... "Dantoni, Zach, and Crawful are all paid, plus getting all the publicity from these wins".
When

You have to give these two underpaid players there Big-Propa's for their performance.
The sameway you have to give coach Pop, coach Jax, and coach Don Nelson their big props for keeping a high career winning record over alot of individual coaches in the NBA.
Every sports writer kept mentioning the win/loss record of Pop vs Dantoni, but us Fans kept thinking No Parker & Ginobli would lead to a Knick win.

portega1968

El Cacique
Why is Q-Bytch starting and DLee comes off the bench? Didn't David Lee and Z-Bola have great chemistry going for them? It would make more sense-

D'Antoni had said a few weeks ago that he sees Chandler as a PF because that's where he creates favorable mismatches. So, he'd rather put him at that spot and have DLee bring it off the bench.

GetRealistic

Starter
GetReal good point.

Its just that Nate & Chandler are out there busting their chops to make a Name and a Big Payday$$$ contract for themself like others got.... "Dantoni, Zach, and Crawful are all paid, plus getting all the publicity from these wins".
When

You have to give these two underpaid players there Big-Propa's for their performance.
The sameway you have to give coach Pop, coach Jax, and coach Don Nelson their big props for keeping a high career winning record over alot of individual coaches in the NBA.
Every sports writer kept mentioning the win/loss record of Pop vs Dantoni, but us Fans kept thinking No Parker & Ginobli would lead to a Knick win.

I see what your saying but i think Nate, Lee, and Chandler get plenty of love from the NY media. They may not get it from the national media but frankly they haven't earned it yet. The only player on this team that actually gets national credit or discredit is Marbury. And if the Knicks continue to win D'Antoni will and should get credit. Just say we finish the year .500 or above (which i still doubt) D'Antoni should be getting votes for coach of the year. Not so much for his coaching just for the mere fact hes change the culture here.

I honestly had an awful feeling playing the Spurs even without two great players. I knew Pop would make it such a grind out game that they experienced Spurs would prevail. I'm more impressed that we bounced back and didn't fall into a losing streak.

And i know its Memphis but 130 points on the second night of a back to back ain't to shabby.

Out of the 8 main players in the rotation they've all been overall pretty solid with the exception of a game or two.

Crawford struggled against philly and the bucks
Duhon had a bad game against bucks
Zach shot bad against the Spurs
Chandler looked bad against Utah and the Spurs (apparently he was sick)
etc

portega1968

El Cacique
my worry is how will the hustle and tear and all that running and gunning impact the team by march... at this pace, these guys may be burned out by then.

but hell, it's a rebuilding season so it's good to see them earn their money running like crazy chickens all over the court

metrocard

Legend
Kiya i think your just complaining for the sake of complaining. We played a godo game. Sure it was against Memphis but the fact remains Memphis went 2-0 against us last season.

Z-Bo still has awful shot selection at times but he's been pretty solid this season. I'd say averaging close to 20 and 10 ain't to shabby. He's never going to be a defensive stopper but you can actually see him putting in the effort on defense. Duncan lit him up but i did feel like Zbo atleast made Duncan work for his buckets.

As far as Crawford goes, hes been our best player point blank. He still has shaky shot selection but compared to the last few seasons his shot selection is better. Also when Crawford decides to drive to the hoop he becomes a dangerous player. Again i'm not going to say he's a good defender but he atleast is using his speed and long arms to get some steals. He's never going to be a Bruce Bowen but he can atleast be a mediocre defender like Allan Houston.

Kiya you gotta stop living in the past. Isiah didn't play the young guys like you asked for, D'Antoni wasn't here so how can he get the blame for that. From the loosk of it Chandler, Lee, and Nate are deeply intrenched in the rotation so i don't understand what your possible complaint is.

And i agree most old time fans would much rather have a defensive team but even if we hired a defensive coach we don't have the personnel to be a defensive team. I think hiring a coach like D'Antoni was what fit the personnel best, not to mention he has a great reputation around the league that will help us land free agents.

We are 5-3 which ain't perfect but compared to the last 8 years its pretty close to perfect. Enjoy the ride because most likely there is going to be some down swings.

Robinson's and Chandler's contributions have been more in my view than Crawford's.