Awaiting MRI...Gallos rookie year could be over before it started...

The rookie season of New York Knicks forward Danilo Gallinari, the team's first-round pick in this year's draft, could be a short one.
The New York Post reported Wednesday that the 20-year-old could be headed toward season-ending back surgery.
The Knicks are awaiting the results of an MRI. Gallinari has a bulging disc in his back and did not accompany the team on its two-game road trip to San Antonio and Memphis.
The team has been reluctant to discuss the injury. But following Tuesday's 92-80 loss to the Spurs, coach Mike D'Antoni acknowledged that Gallinari might need surgery.
"Yeah, I'm worried at this point," D'Antoni told the Post. "We're just going to do what's best for him. He's 20 years old."
Gallinari injured his back in July during the first game of the Las Vegas Summer League and was sidelined for three months, missing nearly all of preseason.
D'Antoni took Gallinari, the sixth overall pick in the draft, out of the rotation after just the second game of the season.
According to the Post, Gallinari's back pain had gotten so bad that he had trouble just putting on his pants. The results of the MRI likely will show if he needs surgery.
"We'd love for him to play in the next two or three weeks," D'Antoni said. "We'd love for him to play in the next two or three months, but he's got to be 100 percent well."
D'Antoni indicated that even under a best-case scenario, Gallinari could be sidelined for two months.
http://nationalpost.pa-sportsticker.com/default.aspx?s=nba-news-display&nid=A92048251226533272A

lets see how the knicks do these next few games (16th-dallas 18th-boston 25th-cleveland 26th-detriot) theyre gonna be tough, possibly winnable, and by the end of this month we'll know if hes gonna be needed. still, i'd wouldnt mind him sitting out this year, as dantoni said, hes only 20. let him heal up and be good for when this team is planned to be a contender.

JayJ44

Starter
He's so young, I think it's better he takes most of this year to recover and get stronger. He probably wouldn't get much minutes anyway.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i wish it was his leg or foot instead of his back so he could lift weights

as much as some people want to call him a bust, its unfair to do at this point and in 3 or 4 years he could start playin real good

Paul1355

All Star
I can't believe this is true. Gallo got hit and got back up and played a couple minutes in the season and now it's season ending????

This could be bullshyt.

An excuse to put him in the D league. If Gallo went to the D league without being hurt, Knick fans will have a field day with Walsh. There would be "Fire Walsh" chants.

I won't be surprised if Gallo just needs developement to the style they play here in the NBA. I think his back is bothering him, but season ending or lasting for several months sounds bogus.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
back problems could stay with you and effect you more later in your career i mean look at T-Mac great player top 10 but alwasy injured almost always his back...i hope he makes a full recovery soon and dont need surgery