Gonebury: Marbury has had his exit mapped out for him, by Walsh.

Where should Marbury go: Miami, Dallas or Boston?

• Dallas

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Miami

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Boston

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Check out this site, it says Marbury has been given permission to look for offers from other teams. After he finds a team, he will be released with the money owed him, minus whatever he can get from another team.

There's another article I read, where it says Marbury yelled about being owed the 21.9 million, when, after he approached D'Antoni for help with the situation, D'Antoni recommended he look for offers from other teams and ask Walsh for a buyout, less the offer he was able to obtain.

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/s...0-knicks-marbury-open-buyout-discussions.html

jpz17

Starter
where is the option for Marbury to sign up for knicksonline when he leave? I think thats his future.. I could see it

paris401

Starter
i don't like 'towel-head', never did.... but he is OWED 21.9, and i agree with him 100% .

mangement of the knicks are probably still paying off layden, wilkins, def. IT, the junkyard dog, the sexual-harassment lady, larry brown... the list goes on and on, and they are bitching about paying towel-head 1.26m... (the vet minimum)

the team is winning , and good for them, but the upper mangement is a joke...

knicklover

Benchwarmer
He's not going to get the full 21.9 million from the KNICKS.

He's going to solicit offers around the league and will get the approximate difference between any offer and the 21.9 from the Knicks to make it an equal deal. If he had an agent or decent representation, this could have been worked out months ago, he could already be on another team playing ball etc... because that's the way it's supposed to go down.

He's entitled to what he's owed in total, but not just from the Knicks.

On the flip side, since the Knicks are a luxory tax team, whatever someone else pays Marbury, the Knicks will save twice that amount making it a great deal for them since they weren't going to play him anyway.

This should have been done months ago. It would have with just about any other player becauase everyone on earth knew it was going to happen except Marbury and his fans. It was obvious he wasn't in the long term plans the day they signed Duhon and it never mattered which player was better or who the Knicks would win more games with. It was about moving the team and organization in a new direction and changing the personality and chemistry in the locker room.

To his credit, Marbs showed up in shape, did what he was told, kept quiet etc... and that probably increased his chances on winding up on a decent team instead of in permanent NBA exile on some hellish team.

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Marbury should consider Orlando, they need a PG badly.

Marbury
Pietrusd
Turkeglu
Lewis
Howard

= Finals.

but remember they got rid of Steve Francis because they wanted a pass first type PG, no doubt I think Steph would do whatever is asked of him so he would try to be a facilitator but I dont think it would work. Plus I always thought that Orlando was high on Nelson?

Kiyaman

Legend
He's not going to get the full 21.9 million from the KNICKS.

He's going to solicit offers around the league and will get the approximate difference between any offer and the 21.9 from the Knicks to make it an equal deal. If he had an agent or decent representation, this could have been worked out months ago, he could already be on another team playing ball etc... because that's the way it's supposed to go down.

He's entitled to what he's owed in total, but not just from the Knicks.

On the flip side, since the Knicks are a luxory tax team, whatever someone else pays Marbury, the Knicks will save twice that amount making it a great deal for them since they weren't going to play him anyway.

This should have been done months ago. It would have with just about any other player becauase everyone on earth knew it was going to happen except Marbury and his fans. It was obvious he wasn't in the long term plans the day they signed Duhon and it never mattered which player was better or who the Knicks would win more games with. It was about moving the team and organization in a new direction and changing the personality and chemistry in the locker room.

To his credit, Marbs showed up in shape, did what he was told, kept quiet etc... and that probably increased his chances on winding up on a decent team instead of in permanent NBA exile on some hellish team.

Very good points.
Marbury knew he was'nt going to play for this KnickTeam the day the Knicks hired Dantoni.
Marbury and Dantoni gave Donnie Walsh all offseason to trade Marbury.
Donnie Walsh all offseason kept indirectly mentioning things that indicated that Marbury would be bought-out at the start of the season.
Owner Dolan and Mills only noticed the increase of the Knicks Luxury-Tax $17M this offseason inwhich they have to report and support to the Stock Holders.....after 7 months of President Donnie Walsh actions on the job.
So a Buy-Out of $22M was out of the question.
Now the NBA Player Association got into the act....maybe Marbury did that or maybe not? who's to say...

Kiyaman

Legend
but remember they got rid of Steve Francis because they wanted a pass first type PG, no doubt I think Steph would do whatever is asked of him so he would try to be a facilitator but I dont think it would work. Plus I always thought that Orlando was high on Nelson?

Steph would be the impact player Orlando needs to guide their bench-players if Orlando plans are to play at the next level this season.
Steph would be a big upgrade from Nelson who been having problems guiding both starters and bench players.

Steph is best as a combo-guard leading the point (Like Arenas and Baron Davis).
Francis never had those qualities in his talent.

metrocard

Legend

Nelson is one of the worst starting PG's in the NBA, I honestly rather have Duhon, thats saying a lot.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Well, I didn't add Italy because sources have stated the deal involves him finding a contract with an NBA team (these are the ones interested in him, after which the Knicks will pay him the difference left on his contract.

Well, I didn't add Italy because sources have stated the deal involves him finding a contract with an NBA team (these are the ones interested in him, after which the Knicks will pay him the difference left on his contract.

Sources have also said that the Knicks would like him to find a home in the Western Con. = No Orlando, Boston or Miami

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I want Stephon Marbury to go to the Boston Celtics. The Celtics would literally have an All Star lineup, and they would win a championship.

PG- Stephon Marbury(2x All Star)
SG- Ray Allen(8x All Star)
SF- Paul Pierce(6x All Star)
PF- Kevin Garnett(10x All Star)
C- Kendrick Perkins

mugili716

Benchwarmer
Sources have also said that the Knicks would like him to find a home in the Western Con. = No Orlando, Boston or Miami
I heard the same thing, i doubt we are going to trade marbury to an eastern conference team just to seem him go buck wild on us 4 times a year... I have also heard of San Antonio being a possibilty, they really dont got much of a backup for Parker, plus Parker n Ginobli are out all the way till December.. so that might be a pretty likely chance...

JayJ44

Starter
I want Stephon Marbury to go to the Boston Celtics. The Celtics would literally have an All Star lineup, and they would win a championship.

PG- Stephon Marbury(2x All Star)
SG- Ray Allen(8x All Star)
SF- Paul Pierce(6x All Star)
PF- Kevin Garnett(10x All Star)
C- Kendrick Perkins

If the Celtics repeat I would be physically ill... :barf:

pat

Starter

How would that work if he found a European team paying him a top notch salary? There is a team in St. Petersburg (GasProm owned) that pays really well. He could be paid way above vet minimum.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
If the Celtics repeat I would be physically ill... :barf:
lol I don't like the Celtics, either, but they would repeat if they had Marbury. I think the Lakers would win a championship, too, if they had Marbury.

King Ewing

Banned
lol I don't like the Celtics, either, but they would repeat if they had Marbury. I think the Lakers would win a championship, too, if they had Marbury.

You are out of your mind. If Marbury was on the Celtics there is no way they would repeat. None what so ever, Marbury cant play with other "stars" let alone 3 of them. No way, that would be an issue waiting to explode.

And for the record the Celtics would not dare sign him.