Knicks Trade Contest

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
WOW i wish for that lmao, but theres no chance in hell that happens...if we get Mayo we wont really need a superstar in 2010 we'll build around him

TunerAddict

Starter
Every Knick Fans wetdream....

Numbers work out, but no way it'd ever happen...

New York Knicks

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
nophoto_35.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Carmelo Anthony
Salary: $14,410,581 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 22.0 REB: 7.9 AST: 3.9 PER: 16.43
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
110.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Kobe Bryant
Salary: $21,262,500 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 24.8 REB: 5.1 AST: 3.8 PER: 23.40
No-Trade Clause Cannot trade this player without receiving his consent. Only a player with at least 8 years of NBA experience, including at least 4 years with the team he is signing with, is eligible to negotiate a no-trade clause into his contract.
1722.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Yao Ming
Salary: $15,070,550 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 16.7 REB: 9.3 AST: 1.1 PER: 18.47
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Outgoing Players: Zach Randolph, Jared Jeffries, Eddy Curry, Malik Rose, Jerome James, Jamal Crawford
den.gif
Denver Nuggets

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
nophoto_35.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Jared Jeffries
Salary: $6,049,400 Years Remaining: 3
990.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Eddy Curry
Salary: $9,723,983 Years Remaining: 2
Outgoing Players: Carmelo Anthony
hou.gif
Houston Rockets

nophoto_35.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Zach Randolph
Salary: $14,666,667 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 20.1 REB: 12.3 AST: 1.3 PER: 20.71
Outgoing Players: Yao Ming
lal.gif
Los Angeles Lakers

739.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Malik Rose
Salary: $7,647,500 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 1.7 REB: 2.0 AST: 0.4 PER: -4.12
383.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Jerome James
Salary: $6,200,000 Years Remaining: 1
165.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Jamal Crawford
Salary: $8,640,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 21.9 REB: 1.3 AST: 4.4 PER: 18.83
Outgoing Players: Kobe Bryant
<inlinereplace name="ad" type="SponsoredByLogo67"><!-- end sponsoredlinks --><!-- end sponsored links --> </inlinereplace>

Last edited by a moderator:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
:whatever::sperm:....stop man lmao...y u gotta do this loll...making me and my buddy cry over here LMao(no homo)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Knicks Acquire:

Brad Miller
Salary: $11,375,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 13.0 REB: 9.7 AST: 5.7 PER: 16.33

Spencer Hawes
Salary: $2,180,760 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 12.0 REB: 7.9 AST: 1.3 PER: 16.69

Bobby Jackson
Salary: $6,987,888 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.2 REB: 2.0 AST: 1.2 PER: 6.67

Kings Acquire:

Zach Randolph
Salary: $14,666,667 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 20.8 REB: 12.9 AST: 1.4 PER: 21.14

Eddy Curry

Mardy Collins
Salary: $1,034,760 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 2.0 REB: 0.9 AST: 1.0 PER: 4.05

Knicks can crack a grin because;

We have a legitimate starting centre with passing skills and 2 remaining seasons in Miller

An energy player in Hawes with 3 point and shot blocking capabilities never mind youth and exuberance. ★I see him as an inspired performer that would be an enigmatic bench presence. The potential combo of Hawes, N8 and D Lee could be a bench crew capable of powering CERN's LHC!.★

Bobby Jax is well proven and can learn Duhon a thing or 2. Especially if Duhon wants to knuckle T-Mac. Contracted for 1 year.

Lee and N8 remain in blue and orange.

Oodles of tasty white chocolate.

Kings are appeased because;

They would now have a 1-2 high-low tandem with Z Bo and Kevin Martin and maintain a back up middle man in Mikki Moore.

The big catch here is that Curry and Z Bo are proven to be an on court clash. In order to entice the Kings to send Miller our way then a replacement @ centre would be a mandatory to ultimately appease them.

In that case, the potential of a 3rd party, the Spurs and or Bobcats, can barter over a Curry/G Wallace/Oberto swap.

Considering the appeal (in my opinion) of this trade for NY, and the comparative appeal for the Kings, all in all the likelihood of this eventuating is scarce. But.......... It is possible.
Cheers.

Can't believe nobody put a Sean Willams trade up in here?

Sean Williams for Mardy Collins

or

Sean Williams for Anthony Roberson

The Nets are looking to unload him right?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
tuner the Zaza and Acie Law trade is good we get rid of James so im good with that, and Law got potential he just needs to play

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I thought I would take a stab at this; my trade suggestions in the past has usually received a tremendous amount of criticism from the thread but here it goes:

Trade 1:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=990~739~510&teams=14~14~18&te=&cash=

Curry and Rose for Marion - I think this is a trade that will add the most benefit to the Knicks with out forcing the team to alter their current format. Marion is accustomed to the system and he is a good to very good defender. He can play the 3, 4 and 2 so he is extremely versatile adding yet another weapon for Mike D which also allows him to put out on the floor multiple lineups with out going away from the run and gun.
This trade will give Riley and the Heat the Center that they are looking for. Riley is a guru with centers and if there is any 1 man that can have Curry reach his potential; it is Riley. He would add the scoring down low that the Heat desperatly need right now and Rose's contract still allow the heat to loose almost 10 million off their payrole. Marion will not sign with the Heat so he will be gone after this season and they would have nothing to show for it. Curry and Wade could be a great 1-2 punch and Haslim would compliment Curry with his D first game.

Trade 2:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=383~1731&teams=25~18&te=&cash=

Jerome James and a pick for Chris Wilcox

JJ goes back to the team where he had his biggest success and by adding a pick; it makes the trade more palletable for Oklahoma City. Wilcox adds some size in the front court for NY and since he is athletic, he could adapt to the fast paced system. He can rebound and is a decent defender so they could use his 6' 10" frame to guard the taller apponents that seem to give Zach and Lee some trouble. He is not a prolific scorer like Zach but he can body up his apponenet better.

The goal of my trades was to try to add some needed pieces while not blowing out the core of the team, as well as loosing some young players that are finally coming into their own. You could eventually start Marion at the 3 spot, with Chandler at the 4. THis would give the Knicks the most athletic and versitile 3 and 4 combo in the league. If you bing Lee in at the 5 spot, you could have the fastest 3-5 in the league which will cause trouble for most teams. If you go up against a team like the SPurs that try to slow the game down to a half-court game; you could bring Wilcox in with Randolph and you would have 2 players that strive in the half court. Wilcox could stay in at the 5 and with Chandler and Marion at the 4 and 3 spot, you could still have some size and yet have to ability to run. QR off the bench at the 3 and 2 spot would give NY a player that can hit a long range, drive to the basket and defend/rebound. I think this is the way to go for NY and the most important aspect of these trade: No LONG TERM contracts were brought on board!!

clumsy

Rotation player
i've offered this many times

Chris Kaman - 9.5 mil (but due to trade clause would make 10.9 mil)
Cuttino Mobley - 9 mil
Tim Thomas - 6 mil

for

Crawford - 8.6
Randolph - 14.6
Lee - 1

we get a Long Term Center (harder to find than players like Lee) and 2 dudes that would expire in '10. Randolph compliments a player like Camby. Also they would be getting back a player who is much more explosive than Mobley.

With Baron Davis they are team that needs to win now so it benefits both teams.

jpz17

Starter
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2772~1017~1713~2770~2444~3012~2794&teams=29~7~29~18~18~18~7&te=&cash=

this is a really good trade for all teams involved

Denver gets low post presence next to Billups and Carmelo

Memphis gets energy and a decent low post scorer who rebounds and has good post d

and we get good young players who could score and cap-relief.

and Kudos JPZ on reaching 1000:peace::thumbsup:

now that your at 500 posts change your rank name to "team starubry" or starburian or something like that

clumsy

Rotation player
sorry not liking it clumsy

What is bad about this trade. It frees up hella cap space. We could probably even get a 1st rounder next year or a couple years down the line when the contracts expire and the Clips are bad again.

We aren't going to win with this core of players that is the bottom line. I don't want a tease playoff series where Dwight Howard takes our lunch money all day and takes a dump on Randolph, Lee, Rose, whoever we throw out there. Z BO and Crawford's value have never been this high. Look at Crawfords FG% and 3PT%...it's outta this world right now. But being a statistics person, i feel that his value is artificially inflated cuz he is hot right now and by law of averages will fall drastically before the end of this year. I mean he's playing the exact same way he played last year.

I think of all of our young players in orders of importance to the franchise it is....

Chandler -> Danno -> Nate -> Lee.....so that is why i think this trade is very beneficial to our franchise.

portega1968

El Cacique
Dallas Incoming Players:
Adam Morrison
Mardy Collins
David Lee
Stephon Marbury

Dallas Outgoing Players:
Jason Kidd
Jerry Stackhouse

Golden State Incoming Players:
Gerald Wallace

Golden State Outgoing Players:
Al Harrington

Charlotte Incoming Players:
Jerry Stackhouse
Eddy Curry

Charlotte Outgoing Players:
Sean May
Adam Morrison
Gerald Wallace

New York Incoming Players:
Jason Kidd
Al Harrington
Sean May

New York Outgoing Players:
Mardy Collins
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Stephon Marbury

Now why would all these teams go through that trouble?

This trade would help us get rid of the Eddy Curry contract and bring us three deals that expire before 2010 (and good players)

You know Mark Cuban would love to have Lee and Morrison in addition to Steph (JKidd with Jason Terry aint getting it done).

Charlotte would get the big man they want to pair with Okafor (and Stackhouse is a Tar Heel like his coach). Golden State would finally get rid of Harrington.

Knicks starting five for rest of 2008:

Jason Kidd
Jamal Crawford
Wilson Chandler
Zach Randolph
Al Harrington

clumsy

Rotation player
portega...this is a pretty good trade.

Our team would be boring as shit if we started Kidd tho...he has lost too many steps. I think he is the weak link on Dallas.

grimjay

Rookie
This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
nyk.gif
New York Knicks

532.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Tracy McGrady
Salary: $20,370,437 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 15.9 REB: 4.5 AST: 4.5 PER: 19.40
Outgoing Players: Stephon Marbury
hou.gif
Houston Rockets

509.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Stephon Marbury
Salary: $20,840,625 Years Remaining: 1
Outgoing Players: Tracy McGrady

richtree

Rotation player
New York Knicks

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
831.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Wally Szczerbiak
Salary: $13,775,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 6.6 REB: 1.3 AST: 0.6 PER: 11.25
</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
362.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Salary: $10,841,615 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 15.0 REB: 6.7 AST: 1.6 PER: 23.44</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
for

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top>

Eddy Curry
2772.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>David Lee
Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 11.4 REB: 6.6 AST: 1.9 PER: 13.70
165.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Jamal Crawford
Salary: $8,640,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 21.3 REB: 1.7 AST: 4.5 PER: 17.62</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

TunerAddict

Starter
New York Knicks

nophoto_35.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Darko Milicic
Salary: $7,020,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.3 REB: 3.8 AST: 0.4 PER: 12.01
Outgoing Players: Malik Rose
mem.gif
Memphis Grizzlies

739.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Malik Rose
Salary: $7,647,500 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 1.7 REB: 2.0 AST: 0.4 PER: -4.12
Outgoing Players: Darko Milicic

We get a shotblocking center that expires before 2010 and who isn't getting a whole lot of grind. He be usurped by Marc Gasol.

They get an expiring.

This'll be my final as its the most realistic trade and one that fills the biggest hole in our team, a shotblocking, rebounding center.