Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Trade Contest

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

tuner the Zaza and Acie Law trade is good we get rid of James so im good with that, and Law got potential he just needs to play

I thought I would take a stab at this; my trade suggestions in the past has usually received a tremendous amount of criticism from the thread but here it goes:

Trade 1:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Curry and Rose for Marion - I think this is a trade that will add the most benefit to the Knicks with out forcing the team to alter their current format. Marion is accustomed to the system and he is a good to very good defender. He can play the 3, 4 and 2 so he is extremely versatile adding yet another weapon for Mike D which also allows him to put out on the floor multiple lineups with out going away from the run and gun.
    This trade will give Riley and the Heat the Center that they are looking for. Riley is a guru with centers and if there is any 1 man that can have Curry reach his potential; it is Riley. He would add the scoring down low that the Heat desperatly need right now and Rose's contract still allow the heat to loose almost 10 million off their payrole. Marion will not sign with the Heat so he will be gone after this season and they would have nothing to show for it. Curry and Wade could be a great 1-2 punch and Haslim would compliment Curry with his D first game.

Trade 2:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Jerome James and a pick for Chris Wilcox

JJ goes back to the team where he had his biggest success and by adding a pick; it makes the trade more palletable for Oklahoma City. Wilcox adds some size in the front court for NY and since he is athletic, he could adapt to the fast paced system. He can rebound and is a decent defender so they could use his 6' 10" frame to guard the taller apponents that seem to give Zach and Lee some trouble. He is not a prolific scorer like Zach but he can body up his apponenet better.

The goal of my trades was to try to add some needed pieces while not blowing out the core of the team, as well as loosing some young players that are finally coming into their own. You could eventually start Marion at the 3 spot, with Chandler at the 4. THis would give the Knicks the most athletic and versitile 3 and 4 combo in the league. If you bing Lee in at the 5 spot, you could have the fastest 3-5 in the league which will cause trouble for most teams. If you go up against a team like the SPurs that try to slow the game down to a half-court game; you could bring Wilcox in with Randolph and you would have 2 players that strive in the half court. Wilcox could stay in at the 5 and with Chandler and Marion at the 4 and 3 spot, you could still have some size and yet have to ability to run. QR off the bench at the 3 and 2 spot would give NY a player that can hit a long range, drive to the basket and defend/rebound. I think this is the way to go for NY and the most important aspect of these trade: No LONG TERM contracts were brought on board!!

Superstar

i've offered this many times

Chris Kaman - 9.5 mil (but due to trade clause would make 10.9 mil)
    Cuttino Mobley - 9 mil
    Tim Thomas - 6 mil

for

Crawford - 8.6
    Randolph - 14.6
    Lee - 1

we get a Long Term Center (harder to find than players like Lee) and 2 dudes that would expire in '10. Randolph compliments a player like Camby. Also they would be getting back a player who is much more explosive than Mobley.

With Baron Davis they are team that needs to win now so it benefits both teams.

sorry not liking it clumsy

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]=

this is a really good trade for all teams involved

Denver gets low post presence next to Billups and Carmelo

Memphis gets energy and a decent low post scorer who rebounds and has good post d

and we get good young players who could score and cap-relief.

and Kudos JPZ on reaching 1000
    now that your at 500 posts change your rank name to "team starubry" or starburian or something like that

how i do that?

Superstar

Originally Posted by jpz17
    sorry not liking it clumsy
    What is bad about this trade. It frees up hella cap space. We could probably even get a 1st rounder next year or a couple years down the line when the contracts expire and the Clips are bad again.

We aren't going to win with this core of players that is the bottom line. I don't want a tease playoff series where Dwight Howard takes our lunch money all day and takes a dump on Randolph, Lee, Rose, whoever we throw out there. Z BO and Crawford's value have never been this high. Look at Crawfords FG% and 3PT%...it's outta this world right now. But being a statistics person, i feel that his value is artificially inflated cuz he is hot right now and by law of averages will fall drastically before the end of this year. I mean he's playing the exact same way he played last year.

I think of all of our young players in orders of importance to the franchise it is....

Chandler -> Danno -> Nate -> Lee.....so that is why i think this trade is very beneficial to our franchise.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Dallas Incoming Players:
    Adam Morrison
    Mardy Collins
    David Lee
    Stephon Marbury

Dallas Outgoing Players:
    Jason Kidd
    Jerry Stackhouse

Golden State Incoming Players:
    Gerald Wallace

Golden State Outgoing Players:
    Al Harrington

Charlotte Incoming Players:
    Jerry Stackhouse
    Eddy Curry

Charlotte Outgoing Players:
    Sean May
    Adam Morrison
    Gerald Wallace

New York Incoming Players:
    Jason Kidd
    Al Harrington
    Sean May

New York Outgoing Players:
    Mardy Collins
    David Lee
    Eddy Curry
    Stephon Marbury

Now why would all these teams go through that trouble?

This trade would help us get rid of the Eddy Curry contract and bring us three deals that expire before 2010 (and good players)

You know Mark Cuban would love to have Lee and Morrison in addition to Steph (JKidd with Jason Terry aint getting it done).

Charlotte would get the big man they want to pair with Okafor (and Stackhouse is a Tar Heel like his coach). Golden State would finally get rid of Harrington.

Knicks starting five for rest of 2008:

Jason Kidd
    Jamal Crawford
    Wilson Chandler
    Zach Randolph
    Al Harrington

Superstar

portega...this is a pretty good trade.

Our team would be boring as **** if we started Kidd tho...he has lost too many steps. I think he is the weak link on Dallas.

Lurker

This Trade Succeeded! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to adjust your trade or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    New York Knicks

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Tracy McGrady
    Salary: $20,370,437 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 15.9 REB: 4.5 AST: 4.5 PER: 19.40
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Outgoing Players: Stephon Marbury
    Houston Rockets

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Stephon Marbury
    Salary: $20,840,625 Years Remaining: 1
    Outgoing Players: Tracy McGrady

New York Knicks

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35> </TD><TD vAlign=top>Wally Szczerbiak
    Salary: $13,775,000 Years Remaining: 1
    PTS: 6.6 REB: 1.3 AST: 0.6 PER: 11.25
    </TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35> </TD><TD vAlign=top>Zydrunas Ilgauskas
    Salary: $10,841,615 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 15.0 REB: 6.7 AST: 1.6 PER: 23.44</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    for

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top>

Eddy Curry
    Salary: $9,723,983 Years Remaining: 2
    </TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35> </TD><TD vAlign=top>David Lee
    Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
    PTS: 11.4 REB: 6.6 AST: 1.9 PER: 13.70
    </TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35> </TD><TD vAlign=top>Jamal Crawford
    Salary: $8,640,000 Years Remaining: 3
    PTS: 21.3 REB: 1.7 AST: 4.5 PER: 17.62</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

not the best deal rich tree.. but we would have to do it.. would help use so much later on

alright everyone make final trades.. and pick your best one you want voted on, voting is tomorrow

well ill go with my only trade loll....JPz how i change my staus?

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    New York Knicks

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Darko Milicic
    Salary: $7,020,000 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 4.3 REB: 3.8 AST: 0.4 PER: 12.01
    Outgoing Players: Malik RoseMemphis Grizzlies

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Malik Rose
    Salary: $7,647,500 Years Remaining: 1
    PTS: 1.7 REB: 2.0 AST: 0.4 PER: -4.12
    Outgoing Players: Darko Milicic

We get a shotblocking center that expires before 2010 and who isn't getting a whole lot of grind. He be usurped by Marc Gasol.

They get an expiring.
    This'll be my final as its the most realistic trade and one that fills the biggest hole in our team, a shotblocking, rebounding center.