Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Trade Contest

Originally Posted by clumsy
    i've offered this many times

Chris Kaman - 9.5 mil (but due to trade clause would make 10.9 mil)
    Cuttino Mobley - 9 mil
    Tim Thomas - 6 mil

for

Crawford - 8.6
    Randolph - 14.6
    Lee - 1

we get a Long Term Center (harder to find than players like Lee) and 2 dudes that would expire in '10. Randolph compliments a player like Camby. Also they would be getting back a player who is much more explosive than Mobley.

With Baron Davis they are team that needs to win now so it benefits both teams.
    Yeah Clumsy man, i dont like this trade, so far this year those three players have been our leading scorers, especially Randdolph, he has been our MVP so far. Cuttino Mobley is not a valuable player, and we have already had Tim Thomas on the team before and he didnt do so well. Chris Kaman is less productive than LEE and Randolph, the clippers just have a bad team with below average players.

Originally Posted by jpz17
    sorry not liking it clumsy
    True that JPZ!

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    This'll be my final as its the most realistic trade and one that fills the biggest hole in our team, a shotblocking, rebounding center.

This works also without us losing much

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    Can't believe nobody put a Sean Willams trade up in here?

Sean Williams for Mardy Collins

or

Sean Williams for Anthony Roberson

The Nets are looking to unload him right?

Superstar

D-Lee Fan....that is not true at all.

Kaman is superior to Lee at the very least. 13.2 pts 10 rbds 2 blocks. In fact i would say in the grand scheme of things he is superior to both Randolph and Lee. The year that Brand was injured he was pretty damn good (whcih would be the same situation if this trade went through) 15.7 pts 3 blocks 13rbds.

He's 26, a center with actual center height and he's atheltic. If we could do this trade with a draft pick we would be set for the Lebron Sweepstakes.

David Lee is so replacable it's not even funny. Every team has David Lee like Players. Off the top of my head, Udonis Haslem, Jason Maxiell (But he's better cuz he can block), Paul Millsap, Chris Wilcox, Luis Scola....the list goes on and on.

Superstar

My last post on this....

if you look at composite stats (combo of both offense and defense) you will see that Kaveman is 75 Randolph is 138. If you haven't understood by now, EVERY Knicks players stats are inflated this year by D'Antoni's system (tho i have the feeling Crawford is getting lucky, or he improved cuz it looks to me he is playing the same way).

This squad will never win anything beyond 1st round of the playoffs. It just won't. Freeing up cap space should be our goal, not thinking we can win with what we have.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

time for voting......

my official trade is:

New York Knicks

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Ben Wallace
    Salary: $14,500,000 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 2.7 REB: 7.3 AST: 0.9 PER: 14.04
    </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Wally Szczerbiak
    Salary: $13,775,000 Years Remaining: 1
    PTS: 6.6 REB: 1.3 AST: 0.6 PER: 11.24
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Outgoing Players: Zach Randolph, Eddy Curry, Jerome James

Wally could backup Crawford, We dump James, Ben Wallace
    is the defense and rebounding an up-tempo style needs!

Wallace
    Lee
    Richardson
    Crawford
    Duhon

Chandler
    Wally
    Nate
    Cleveland Cavaliers

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Zach Randolph
    Salary: $14,666,667 Years Remaining: 3
    PTS: 20.1 REB: 12.3 AST: 1.3 PER: 20.71
    </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Eddy Curry
    Salary: $9,723,983 Years Remaining: 2
    </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Jerome James
    Salary: $6,200,000 Years Remaining: 1
    Outgoing Players: Ben Wallace, Wally Szczerbiak

CLE:

Ilguaskas
    Randolph
    James
    West
    Williams

Gibson
    Curry
    Varejao
    Hickson
    Pavlovic

Curry would play for them.. Randolph is just the scorer Jams needs

now to vote select one of the trades someone made and say which you want... you cannot vote yourself

vote for

best overall
    worst overall
    most interesting
    most risky

New York Knicks

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Larry Hughes
    Salary: $12,827,676 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 7.7 REB: 3.0 AST: 0.7 PER: 13.74
    </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Tyrus Thomas
    Salary: $3,749,880 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 7.1 REB: 6.0 AST: 0.8 PER: 9.51

Chicago Bulls

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Zach Randolph
    PTS: 20.5 REB: 12.5 AST: 1.4 PER: 20.40</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Z Bo's playing like mad. Best time to trade. Sad, but excruciatingly true and necessary. Hughes is expendable and potentially re-packaged in a Curry and or Lee trade or sold off for a future role player. Thomas coulde be a sweet fit in Mike D's system. He flies and can run the floor well from rebound/block to a finish or clean up on the break.

Whether the Bulls would bite depends on their desire for immediate success.

Knicks incoming:

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Al Harrington
    Salary: $9,226,250 Years Remaining: 1
    PTS: 12.4 REB: 5.6 AST: 2.0 PER: 9.80
    </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Marco Belinelli
    Salary: $1,446,720 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 2.9 REB: 0.4 AST: 0.1 PER: 14.01</td></tr></tbody></table>

GS incoming:

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Eddy Curry
    </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">David Lee
    Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
    PTS: 11.3 REB: 6.6 AST: 1.9 PER: 13.68</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Harrington and Thomas would combine nicely. Perhaps a slight conflict. Thomas can be really good. Harrington apparently loves a bit of a whinge, but after this trade he'd play a solid 35mins/. Belinilli can be dogs with Bargnani until he can be shipped.

Lee and fats Curry are inevitabely leaving. Lee should be swapped asap before things become imminently worse off and we are stuck again. That's an assumption I know but I'm sticking to it.

All contracts are beneficial for 2010.

Whether or not this is going to be a playoff season seems unlikely with the current squad. I was all for Lee initially this year and albite not giving him a chance, I think we've seen his best.

Knicks 2010.

Genius is eternal patience.

was I too late?

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

the BUlls trade is very good bigpat i hope Walsh does that tyrus will be a really good player

yes... and no.. I said pick one trade to have vote on

Originally Posted by bigpat33
    New York Knicks

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Larry Hughes
    Salary: $12,827,676 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 7.7 REB: 3.0 AST: 0.7 PER: 13.74
    </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Tyrus Thomas
    Salary: $3,749,880 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 7.1 REB: 6.0 AST: 0.8 PER: 9.51

Chicago Bulls

PTS: 20.5 REB: 12.5 AST: 1.4 PER: 20.40</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Z Bo's playing like mad. Best time to trade. Sad, but excruciatingly true and necessary. Hughes is expendable and potentially re-packaged in a Curry and or Lee trade or sold off for a future role player. Thomas coulde be a sweet fit in Mike D's system. He flies and can run the floor well from rebound/block to a finish or clean up on the break.

Whether the Bulls would bite depends on their desire for immediate success.

Knicks incoming:

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Al Harrington
    PTS: 12.4 REB: 5.6 AST: 2.0 PER: 9.80
    </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Marco Belinelli
    PTS: 2.9 REB: 0.4 AST: 0.1 PER: 14.01</td></tr></tbody></table>

GS incoming:

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">Eddy Curry
    </td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35"> </td><td valign="top">David Lee
    PTS: 11.3 REB: 6.6 AST: 1.9 PER: 13.68</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Harrington and Thomas would combine nicely. Perhaps a slight conflict. Thomas can be really good. Harrington apparently loves a bit of a whinge, but after this trade he'd play a solid 35mins/. Belinilli can be dogs with Bargnani until he can be shipped.

Lee and fats Curry are inevitabely leaving. Lee should be swapped asap before things become imminently worse off and we are stuck again. That's an assumption I know but I'm sticking to it.

All contracts are beneficial for 2010.

Whether or not this is going to be a playoff season seems unlikely with the current squad. I was all for Lee initially this year and albite not giving him a chance, I think we've seen his best.

Knicks 2010.

Genius is eternal patience.
    I had to look at this a few times but I think this is a really good scenario, Both trades!! I have 2 issues and a slight tweak:
    1) If if we bring in Hughes (which I love his D), we might set Crawford back and his play has been vital to the Knicks so far this season. Crawford seems to be at his best when he plays most minutes, so if we bring in a player like Hughes, it could off set Crawford's game and Hughes can not put up JC's numbers!
    2) With both Lee and Randolph gone, who is the center? Harrington? I guess I could see that since MD's system is not about grinding it out down low but AL does not have the weight that Randolph has; he is much more "svelte" so I could see issues with certain teams where he would have to fight for position.
    Tweak - If we send Lee to GS with Curry, I would also want them to throw in a #1 pick and it could be top 5 protected, I would be fine with that.
    Last edited by hometheaterguy; Nov 20, 2008 at 17:57.

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    I had to look at this a few times but I think this is a really good scenario, Both trades!! I have 2 issues and a slight tweak:
    1) If if we bring in Hughes (which I love his D), we might set Crawford back and his play has been vital to the Knicks so far this season. Crawford seems to be at his best when he plays most minutes, so if we bring in a player like Hughes, it could off set Crawford's game and Hughes can not put up JC's numbers!
    2) With both Lee and Randolph gone, who is the center? Harrington? I guess I could see that since MD's system is not about grinding it out down low but AL does not have the weight that Randolph has; he is much more "svelte" so I could see issues with certain teams where he would have to fight for position.
    Tweak - If we send Lee to GS with Curry, I would also want them to throw in a #1 pick and it could be top 5 protected, I would be fine with that.
    yeah I was a bit lazy backing up on a centre. Al Harrington played that spot for the Hawks before GS on and off. Thomas is a mean shot blocker, but ultimately neither of them are going to hold it down against the real centres. There is a lack in the east however. There is a massive void down low that ultimately sh1ts on this trade.

The line up would be:

5-Harrington-JAMES?
    4-Thomas-ROSE?
    3-Willy C-Q Tip
    2-Crawford-Hughes
    1-Duhon-N8

So, I had a look, and unless there's a way to trade Hughes and Collins or Jeffries for 2 BIG men there's no hope for this trade although the first 5 are a tantalizing prospect.

So,

Incoming Players - Knicks

Al Harrington
    PTS: 12.4 REB: 5.6 AST: 2.0 PER: 9.81

Richard Hendrix
    Salary: $442,114 Years Remaining: 3

Marco Belinelli
    PTS: 2.9 REB: 0.4 AST: 0.1 PER: 14.02

GS - Incoming

Eddy Curry

Mardy Collins
    Salary: $1,034,760 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 2.2 REB: 0.9 AST: 1.1 PER: 5.34

David Lee
    PTS: 11.3 REB: 6.6 AST: 1.9 PER: 13.72

It adds ONE big man. Hendrix. He's a 6-9, 255 1st year and cheap as a blowy in Thailand.

Should have considered that previously.

It'll never happen but I like it.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Bulls trade is terrible.

Hughes is one of the worst SG's in the league.
    Tyrus Thomas is unskilled and just depends on his raw athleticism, one of the most inconsistent prospects in the NBA today.

We could get much better.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

+

for

+

Why?

They both expiring before 2010...are dynamic but cheap role players who would address our need of interior defense and shot blocking, plus are better athletes compared to Lee and Curry who would most likely flourish under D'Antoni's system and run and gun.

for

Why?

Both Crawford and Randolph numbers are inflated, they're both still shooting a low FG% and are really the same players from last year. Try to fool Cleveland with this and get expiring deals in return, possibly a 2nd round pick in addition.

This will secure us to make a big move in 2010 and allow more PT for guys like Robinson, Chandler, Gallinari.

PG - Duhon/Robinson
    SG - Richardson/Palvovic
    SF - Chandler/Szczerbiak/Gallinari
    PF - Warrick/Jefferies
    C - Milicic/Wallace

**** OFFENSE...D'Antoni will inflate everyone stats regardless and we'll still be able to manage over 100 points a game.

Build threw the draft and free agency, period.

best overall metrocard
    worst overall grimjay (steph for tmac)
    most interesting bigpat bulls
    most risky clumsy

Originally Posted by jpz17
    best overall metrocard
    worst overall grimjay (steph for tmac)
    most interesting bigpat bulls
    most risky clumsy

And somehow clusmy was the closest to what happen today..lol he must be walsh nephew or somethin....lol
    he was 4 for 6