Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Now the right time to trade David Lee?

Veteran

How valuable is David Lee to this Knick Team and their 6-4 start?

Would teammates Nate, Chandler, or Zach be happy campers in New York if David Lee was traded?
    And what player could replace all the things David Lee brings to the Knicks?

The real big talk about the Knicks success is directed at them only having "TWO-BIGMEN" in their rotation "Zach & Lee".
    The last Bigman teammate that Zach had that pushed him to play at the level he been playing at was Rasheed Wallace.
    Zach runs back on defense now.

Veteran

i give lee.. an "A" for effort and hustle, but if the rite deal comes along..especially if it includes one of our many bad contracts, i'd ship lee and his 3ft jumper out of town so fast....

Originally Posted by knicklover
    I agree.

I know he has some huge fans because of his hard work on the court, his smarts, generally good decision making etc... but he's a limited guy. He's not athletic enough to be a top defensive or offensive PF and doesn't have enough of an outside game to be a real threat there either. (granted he's showing a little more willingness this year to at least put up shots when they are sagging off him). He also gets too many shots blocked.

He can be a really top notch 6th man type player or even a starter on many teams with the right mix, but the salary numbers they were talking about earlier this year for an extension would be too much (IMHO).

I don't want to see him traded, but he's not untouchable.
    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    lees problem is in his genes. Every year, players get more and more athletic. I see other players jumpin over lee for rebounds, and rejecting his shots. hes got problems with his feet now too. i say trade him for a shot blocker or to a very bad team for a draft pick.

You guy's do know that Lee won the National H.S. dunk contest right?...... That must take a little athletic ability, no ?

Since we can't give him the extension he's looking for, we have to trade him. I'd like a trade with the warriors: Curry+Lee for Harrington and Wright.
    Harrington has one year less on his contract than Curry and fits perfectly in Coach D's system; also I don't buy this strange back injury stories, he's just not going to play for Nellie anymore. Wright is a talented PF, can block some shots and has a nice midrangejumper + he has one more year via teamoption on his cheap rookie contract. If we could also get Bellineli or a draft pick from GS I would pull the trigger any minute.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by Pedro De Pacas; Nov 17, 2008 at 11:11.

Let's not forget that we still have 6-11 jeffries who will be back in a few weeks. I wouldn't trade Lee until Jeffries gets back and proves that he could pick up the slack if Lee were gone.

At this point, Zach looks like a different player. He is way more unselfish and is our only low post threat (a damn good one too). Zach is 1st in the east with rebounding among all PF and 2nd in scoring only behind Bosh. I know he's not that good of a defender but he makes up for it by making defenders look silly in the paint and on the perimiter. If Gallo and Jeffries were healthy, things would be alot easier to determine.

Veteran

The Knicks have to resign Lee if they can not find a replacement.

The league still use 3 to 5 Bigmen in their rotation so this Knick team have to keep Lee & Zach whom chemistry is improving every game.
    They also are the only dependable Bigmen in Dantoni's rotation.

The name of the game is adding the right Bigman to the (TEAM) Lee & Zach to boost the level-up in the frontcourt. Adding a Harrington, Bellineli, or a Wright may be a better compliment then Jefferies, James, and Curry.
    The latter players are the ones you trade for a keeper players or an expiring contract to resign Lee.

Owner Dolan thought Donnie Walsh was good enough to take on such a task.
    To be able to select out of President Isiah Thomas roster the "Keeper-Players" and get rid of the "non-keeper-players" without any buyouts.
    Dolan was wrong again.

Superstar

Lee will never be more than a 6th man but he does fit our style of play. However if we can get Kaveman using Lee i'm all for it. He's superior to Lee in every facet of the game.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Let's not forget that we still have 6-11 jeffries who will be back in a few weeks. I wouldn't trade Lee until Jeffries gets back and proves that he could pick up the slack if Lee were gone.

At this point, Zach looks like a different player. He is way more unselfish and is our only low post threat (a damn good one too). Zach is 1st in the east with rebounding among all PF and 2nd in scoring only behind Bosh. I know he's not that good of a defender but he makes up for it by making defenders look silly in the paint and on the perimiter. If Gallo and Jeffries were healthy, things would be alot easier to determine.
    I agree, we need to see how well Jeffries plays when he's back before making a quick decision regard David Lee. From what D'Antoni feels, Jeffries has a spot on this team and I can respect that. I have to see it to believe it though because I just don't quite trust it. Jeffries hasn't played all that well since signing with the Knicks, but maybe the uptempo style will suit him better.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i think the run and gun will help Jeffries he's not a half court type of players he's a gunner and thats where he succeeds he has a decent inside game no shot,and pretty good defense....thats the kind of player born for this system

get lee starting to get his stats up then deal him