Knicks Vs. Wizards

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Hope the Knicks build on their geat win against the Bucks and come home to blow out the Wizards. This will give us an opportunity to see DerMarr play.

Hope Vin has another great game.

WiL8000

Rotation player
This game was alot tougher than I thought it would be for the Knicks. At least they could pull off the win in OT. Nets are next, they had a big win vs. the Kings.

e_D

Benchwarmer
a win's a win. but i'm not excited at all. OT against the wizards should not have happened in the first place. I didn't see the game [restricted to courtside live as usual] but what the hell man, we must have been playin sloppy. to barely squeek out a win tonite, then goin against the nets who shut down Sacto.. we better come high energy or else it's a wrap for us. and it looks like miami is doin their thing, and cleveland has been hot.. so one mistake could do it for us.. my fingers are crossed.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Lenny was pissed with the way they played. Whatever he said to them at halftime of the Bucks games, I hope he gives them a double dose of it before the Nets game. We need to beat the Nets Friday.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i don't know really what happened, but from what i have read it was a very terrible win. but, as long as they won i won't get so mad, they could have repeated the history with the sixers
Here's some quotes:

Lenny Wilkens said:
When you’re at home, you have to come out and jump on people. It was like we just showed up and thought it was going to happen. That’s not smart basketball.
On the Knicks: We’re not there yet. We have a ways to go. We have to learn how to play hard the whole game.

Stephon Marbury said:
We definitely didn’t want it to turn out like that. We didn’t play well at all tonight. We didn’t play the way we know how we can play. Sometimes it’s hard to play against a team that takes shots from anywhere. We didn’t maintain our composure when we had the lead.

Tim Thomas said:
On tonight’s game: We needed the win as far as staying in the playoff hunt. (We are) trying to establish ourselves. It was a dog fight all the way through. We don’t want those kind of games.
On the second half: Tonight, my shot was a little flat so I was just trying to be aggressive. I knew we aren’t getting to the free throw line like teams get to the line against us. I wanted to make an issue of that. When my shot is falling, I was just constantly trying to get to the rack.
On Allan Houston being out: I had a nice rhythm going and Steph (Stephon Marbury) was looking for me. I am just trying to take advantage of every opportunity I have.

Allan Houston said:
On his health: I was kneed above the knee, so it is just a matter of a couple of days of rest and hopefully I will be ready by Friday (against the Nets). It is just a knot.
On the playoff race: It is the time of season and what is at stake. We are almost at the end of March and we are fighting for a spot in the playoffs. I remember the year we went to the Finals, we had to win six out of eight to just get into the playoffs.

Nazr Mohammed said:
On his tip-in at the end of regulation: I was just going to the boards to try to keep it alive. When you’ve got someone like Stephon (Marbury) driving to the basket, usually big guys have to help and leave the offensive rebounds open. I knew time was going down. He almost hit the shot and I tipped it in. It just bounced off perfectly off of my hand.
On tonight’s game: They (Washington Wizards) were playing loose and did a good job of staying in the game. When we went up 10 in the first half, they fought back. They just kept fighting. We had to come from behind to just get the victory.

Vin Baker said:
On tonight’s game: Fortunately, we got the win. We got some breaks down the end and got the win. We’ve been up and down, but it was great to win. We should have been there earlier, but we won. We have to establish an attitude going into the last two weeks that we want to make waves in the playoffs.
On his first home game: I had a lot of nerves, but it was great. I love playing in the Garden because it’s a great place to play. I’ll continue to get better.

Game Recap:
Knicks outlast Wizards for wild OT win

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Boxscore:
[web:14d69e82f3]http://scores.nba.com/games/20040316/WASNYK/boxscore.html[/web:14d69e82f3]

jayp

Benchwarmer
it was a good game.. we had a lot of luck late in the fourth quarter.. nice tip-in by mohammed to force OT.. we should have had an easy win but i'm proud that we won anyway..

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
I am glad Isiah ripped them. They needed it. They have the Nets coming up and they cannot afford to lose. They are at a time when one lose could kick them out of playoff contention nd ther were not playing like it.

allan20

Benchwarmer
i'm not surprised at all isiah was mad at them. this was probably our ugliest win this season, and i can't remember when i was in such a bad mood after a win
but, how everybody's saying, a win is a win, and is better then a lose, we'll have to forget this very fast, and concentrate on the most important game of this month

Home with the Nets

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Wizard!!

How bout them Wizards?

They didn't beat the Knicks so they went out and beat the Kings. Good thing we got that win. It seems like the Wizards are really trying to play spoilers. They look like they could be dangerous to teams trying to clinch a playoff position.