Team Starbury vs Haterburys: Lets End it NOW

Describe Yourself (no homo)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smokes

Huge Member
Wether it be hate gear'd towards Starbury or people who have their own hidden agendas towards various people on this site, it's a lot of hatred going around that should be lessened at least a little.

Debates aren't all bad and some of the arguments are relevant but I don't like to spend a bunch of time arguing with someone about something idiotic when I could be doing something else, but if I see people being attacked on some envious hateful garbage or a fellow Starbury supporter getting rained on over dumb shyt then I will put my foot in your mouth, especially if you relentlessly over do it. :fazer:

As for new people signing on this forum just to argue or discredit someone else is just ridiculous. If all you came to this forum for was to say how bad someone is or how much you hate/dislike them then your pathetic and you seriously need a life.

There will always be differences on this site, if you don't like someones opinions and or if your going to dedicate yourself on hating people on this site then go elsewhere-

You make some good points here, and I respect that. I also appreciate the fact you and MSG have come trying to lessen the amount of shit-talk that goes on here since it's pretty offputting.

However you're a bit hypocritical in parts, saying that when people are attacking others over hateful garbage that you get involved. Well let's be realistic, if it's a Starbury doing the attacking, you ain't doing anything except maybe joining in. And yes, it is OFTEN Starbury guys initiating the shit-talk.

Of course debate and discussion is going to go on here, it's an internet forum for god's sake, that's the whole point! However when these debates descend to the level of childish name calling it just gets boring for everyone. Hell everyone likes a good bit of drama now and then, but at least be original and witty with your insults. Your mom jokes, calling people fat or no life and racial slurs are just adolescent and unoriginal, they carry no weight.

And to be clear, I don't hate or dislike anyone on this site, we all love the knicks after all. However I lost a lot of respect for people who can't control their tempers and mindlessly insult others over a difference of opinion.

Toons

is the Bo$$
YOU ALL USE THE FORUM TO SAY HOW GREAT MARBURY IS, AND TO SUCK HIS NUTS.....SO Y CANT PEOPLE DISAGREE???

Akamu, u dont even kno any a these mutherfu**ers on this site. U defendin nig*as just because you have shit in common? how gay. leave a man to fend for himself. if you have to assist a "starburian" in an arguement, you hand your team memebr a loss, because he needs help and cant do it alone.

Akamu

The King
You make some good points here, and I respect that. I also appreciate the fact you and MSG have come trying to lessen the amount of shit-talk that goes on here since it's pretty offputting.

However you're a bit hypocritical in parts, saying that when people are attacking others over hateful garbage that you get involved. Well let's be realistic, if it's a Starbury doing the attacking, you ain't doing anything except maybe joining in. And yes, it is OFTEN Starbury guys initiating the shit-talk.

Of course debate and discussion is going to go on here, it's an internet forum for god's sake, that's the whole point! However when these debates descend to the level of childish name calling it just gets boring for everyone. Hell everyone likes a good bit of drama now and then, but at least be original and witty with your insults. Your mom jokes, calling people fat or no life and racial slurs are just adolescent and unoriginal, they carry no weight.

And to be clear, I don't hate or dislike anyone on this site, we all love the knicks after all. However I lost a lot of respect for people who can't control their tempers and mindlessly insult others over a difference of opinion.

I never said the Starbury supporters were perfect, I will have my say when I see that it is necessary and 90% of the time that I have intervened is when the situation was not stimulated by the Starbarians and Starbury supporters alike.

Here is a good example of losing respect for pople who can't control their tempers and mindlessly insult others...

YOU ALL USE THE FORUM TO SAY HOW GREAT MARBURY IS, AND TO SUCK HIS NUTS.....SO Y CANT PEOPLE DISAGREE???

Akamu, u dont even kno any a these mutherfu**ers on this site. U defendin nig*as just because you have shit in common? how gay. leave a man to fend for himself. if you have to assist a "starburian" in an arguement, you hand your team memebr a loss, because he needs help and cant do it alone.

:pong:

For some reason toonz gained a lot of hate for me, I guess it's because I dislike someone who he loves dearly in Jamal Crawful.

Another thing, Toonz you need you learn how to read a post or at least read it more then once cause you fail to properly understand the content in a post, try again-

:boohoo:

feetoe

Benchwarmer
one of my high school gym teachers used to laugh off at some of the "premiere" players in our gym and called them legends in their own minds. I think this also applies to Stafon.

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah, I know what you're saying Akamu, not disagreeing either. Not like it's only Starburians doing shit here, those are just the ones I notice more than the rest. Of course there are plenty of people acting up who aren't part of Team Starbury and I don't have much respect for those guys either, but you guys are clearly an important part of this community and sometimes abuse that status to shit on others and claim immunity (mad rhymes).

Anyway, peace and love.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

I never said the Starbury supporters were perfect, I will have my say when I see that it is necessary and 90% of the time that I have intervened is when the situation was not stimulated by the Starbarians and Starbury supporters alike.

Here is a good example of losing respect for pople who can't control their tempers and mindlessly insult others...

:pong:

For some reason toonz gained a lot of hate for me, I guess it's because I dislike someone who he loves dearly in Jamal Crawful.

Another thing, Toonz you need you learn how to read a post or at least read it more then once cause you fail to properly understand the content in a post, try again-

:boohoo:
I know, I'm already on the Team Starbury most hated list.! Proud of it too!

All my initial posts here were constructive and friendly. I even attempted to converse with some other guests and members with a couple of my own opinions and got pounced on by that moronic rock ape MSGKnickz33.

Just for saying Marbury's physical prowess outweighs his mental prowess.
Even if you disagree, I'm sure that my rite to put forth an opinion is fair. MSG lurks in the back ground waiting to smoke Marbury's pole whenever someone bad mouths him. I like Crawford and don't have a cry every time he gets slandered! And that's a fair bit.

And now I am at war with a fool. His pack of idiot cohorts preach his excellence and he in turn preaches theirs. It's like a pack of chimps picking one another's nits for the sake of their social hierarchy.

Those that counter attack him get additional and unwelcome hate from his band of pricks.

I only ever wanted to come on here and have some conversations about the future of the team and I find there's a war going on, constantly fueled by a complete wanker.

It is hyper-territorial on here.

Team Starbury are like a bunch of snakey cheer leaders with sand in their v@ginas.

I will gladly stop if they just keep there noses out of absolutely every single fu#&"ng thread there is.

Otherwise, I will proceed with insulting them.

One thing that would be really wrong is if they keep up their erogenous obsession with Marbury posted throughout knicksonline once he's finally gone.

That would be rude!

GetRealistic

Starter
This shit is gay. Marbury is liked by a few people and they just happen to be the most vocal and most combative posters. I honestly have no problem with MSG or Metro because some of there stuff is ment in a joking manner and most people just don't see it. I think the stupid pictures of war scenes, guns, boxing KO's, and things like that are just stupid and pretty immature but whatever u guys want to do i say do it.

I personally also think its corny when people call themselves legends and crap on opinion based forums that have nothing to do with knowledge or real life.

I personally don't like ABCD as a poster but i just don't bring him up anymore cause he's following Metro and MSG stuff just got lame. Go back 5 months and read a post and it was alright read one now its basically a carbon copy of MSG's stuff.

The moral i'm getting at is there should be an arguements about the team but the same old tired arguement over Marbury or the same group of posters is pointless.

I know people don't like me on here but i'm an equal opportunity guy, I'll have arguements with pro marbury people and con marbury people. I've had at it with ABCD, Metro, MSG, Portega, Toonz, Datruth, etc it didn't matter what there alligance was in a Marbury arguement it had to do with what the topic was about.

I think the biggest problem is people backing each other just based on the fact there on one side of the Marbury argument. Like if somebody comes at MSG why does AKamu, ABCD and JPZ have to step in. We're all men here (excluding JPZ) let it get settled one on one.

OH yea were having this stupid arguement for the 100th time instead of talking about a 6-4 team that plays the Celtics tongiht.

Side note: Since Marbury is for all intensive purposes not a Knick during every game thread is it really necessary to see someone post i can't wait for Marbury to come back, or i wish Marbury was playing cause we woulda won. Its over and done fellas. Even the best Marbury fan knows hes gone one way or another.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Minnesota

In Minnesota, Stephon and KG were touted as the next Stockton-Malone 1-2 combo. Sadly, Stephon was unable to accept the secondary role to Garnett, or the No.2 money that came with it and was unable to ever be compared to Johnny Stockton. This comparison, is Stephony's greatest achievement to date. He honestly thought he was worth more than The Ticket. Champ, MVP, Defensive POTY. Deary me.

Marbury forced his way out of Minnesota, going in March 1999 to New Jersey.

New Jersey

As the focal player in New Jersey, Marbury's numbers were impressive. Very much so. And still, are what keeps his career averages so high. His highlights were impressive, his stats just as impressive! His team, well, they were sh1t. Cashin' in on the stat sheet as the best player on a rubbish team has been seen before. T Mac and J Stack have led the league in ppg under the same circumstances. The impressive numbers were (and still are) niceties for a non-winning all star. New Jersey then make the trade for a winner in J Kidd and reach the finals by the end of the very next season. Marbury is traded to Phoenix.

When compared to Kidd, Marbury labels the comparison as an invalid one as he is "the best pg in the league" when counter questioned as to why Kidd's addition had such an impact it changed a losing team to an elite one, Marbury replied " we have different styles "...... Jesus Christ.

Surrounded by the likes of Marion, Stoudemire and a supporting cast of impressive players in Phoenix, Marbury's numbers were high as ever. Success appeared imminent! However, it was not to be. After a series of disappointments and 10 days in the slammer with a d.u.i, the Suns had an epiphany and much like the Nets, replaced Marbury with a superior counterpart. Steve Nash. 2 time MVP.

Perhaps the Knicks can manage to follow suit and trade Marbury for Chris Paul? It would seem unfair to gain nothing in return for a douche after the Nets and Suns garnered 2 of the greatest pgs in history!

Off to NY, the return home to glory!!!!!!

I really don't have the time to write it all down.

The general term is failure. His whole career has been a series of selfish moves and unreasonable financial demands, unredeemed by his performance on the court, where he has been a fairly consistent loser.

It all became clearer here on our floor and in our fu%king locker rooms and on our cap.
With the Knicks, he has been ungovernable, ranting, expensive and sulky, whether playing for Larry Brown or his ex-homie Isiah Thomas. Thomas was so engulfed in Marbury being a saviour that he actually fired Larry Brown in an attempt to appease Marbury and keep himself from inevitable slandering as the man who brought the ever failing, ever whining douche of a pg to NY. Marbury in turn threatened Thomas with exposure regarding some very "touchy" subjects.

Last season's embarrassments included the revelation that he had sex with an intern in his car. He turned on Thomas, and deserted his team during a road trip to Phoenix when Thomas threatened to take away some of his playing time and he then had surgery on his ankle as an obvious excuse to sit out the season.

I could go on but I won't.

I love the Knicks and Marbury has done nothing but embarrass them, underachieve as their leader, put himself before the blue and orange at every turn, become increasingly worse as a player and an adult, insult the franchise as proud as it is with childishness and selfishness and get payed like Mike throughout the entirety of his tenure. As history shows time and again with Marbury, he is a loser. A loser bounding with physical ability and mired in a lack of mental ability, the latter being the superior in weight of the 2.

Thank christ he is finally on the verge of exiting.

In hindsight, I have just wasted almost 20 mins trying to force clarity into the mind of a moron...... MSGknickz33 .... and his band of ladies who praise him because he praises them.

He will now retort in his fashion of avoidance and ultimately embarrass himself as he did when he foolishly attempted to argue with Tr1llion (who I think is an excellent poster.) who absolutely raped him and he in return had the gaul to preach his superiority and lack of necessity to converse with an inferior poster.

Unbelievable. He and his fairy tribe should leave with Marbury. Honestly, what will you do upon his abolishment?

I apologize to anyone I offended except for the afore mentioned. I'm sorry to put H8 all over the site. But, I have seen so much spitting from this kids mouth and all I wanna do is have constructive conversations about the Knicks future as it is so intricate, interesting .

I have been a fan for 16 years from the age of 12. Go Knicks!!!!!!!!

Salvation is at hand!

First off kid i guess you didnt read my reply to your butt buddy trillion. I copied and pasted it, just for you.....ya jackass :lol:

The thunder might as well be an expansion team

ima break it down like this, haterburys will look breifly at stats and conclude that were a better team without him, continuing the trend that we've seen all through out his career. "Everyteam gets better after he leaves" is a true statement, but it shows very little analysis. Theres reasons besides marbury leaving, as to why all these teams got better after he left.

minnesota twolves
-As good of a playmaker as marbury was, terrell brandon was even better
-Garnett was young and still improving
-wolves drafted wally sczerbiak, a good shooter who helped spread the floor his rookie season

new jersey nets
-no good pf/c defensive presence
-kenyon martin was only a rookie
-richard jefferson was drafted when marbury got traded for kidd

marbury, 2nd year kmart, and rookie richard jefferson >> marbury, rookie kmart, and no richard jefferson

phoenix suns
-made playoffs, lost 4-2 to spurs who went on to win championship
-nets with kidd also lost 4-2 to spurs, in nba finals
-amare stoudamire was a rookie
-joe johnson was a couple years away from his prime
-nash is a better playmaker then marbury, but suns were also a better team because they added q-rich and jim jackson to the team. Jackson was a real good 3pt shooter (45.9%)

The purpose if that is not to prove that people are wrong for criticizing marburys attitude. They have every right to, when talking about him prior to the 2006-07 season. You won't get no complaints from me, I agree. I didnt like him the year we had Larry Brown coaching here. I was disappointed with him for clashing with Brown. At the same time, there was bigger problems with the Knicks. We had several new young players. Eddy Curry was "the franchise player" Jamal crawford was our starting shooting guard. That team was not built for success. Unless you got Chris paul running the point, it wouldnt make a difference who was the point guard for that team. Larry Brown was a bad coach for that team.

Anytime theres losing, the star player and the coach might have problems. Although Isiah was clear that Curry was the franchise player, marbury still got blamed for the Knicks losing. Probably because of how much hes payed. But thats not something that fair to hold against him. If you were marbury and you had a chance to make 21 million a year, would you take it or would you say "Well....im not that good. Give me half of that and we gotta deal"?

The trade for Marbury was a bad one in the first place. Hes not the one who traded himself to new york, it was isiah thomas. So why dont he get more blame and more hate? Because the media has made marbury the target and many idiots have bought into what the new york post says.

The only thing that i consider to be fair game (since 2006-07) is marbury fukkin the intern. I dont think what he did is that bad but if people want to hate on him for that....it is what it is. I would fukk her too...that b!tch was thick. Hold up, can we get a picture of her? Im gonna post a pic of her.

news008a.jpg

:sperm: :sperm:

Anyways, besides that marbury has shown alotta effort with improving his attitude. That whole "left the team" crap, there was at least 4 different versions of that story. Why do people continue to side with Isiah? I dont get it, hes the guy that destroyed this team. Its not clear what happened on that plane. When you dont know all the details, its difficult to form an opinion (actually, apparently thats not true when it comes to haterburys).

What do I give Marbury credit for?

Marbury brought us to the playoffs in 2004. I already know the Nets swept us but you take away marbury from the knicks, and you take away kidd from the nets....i still see the same thing happening. Lets not forget that tim thomas missed time in that series.

RJ and Kmart >>

I think Marbury all around had his best season as a Knick, maybe the best season of his career 2 years ago. He played real good defense, he was more of a team player (eddy curry-19.5ppg), he showed leadership, and he scored when he had too. I remember him playin through pain most of the season. He missed the last month, and we had a couple other injuries. We might had made the playoffs if it wasnt for those injuries. Marbury making the playoffs with curry and crawford would have been a big achievement. Currys not even playing now, and crawford is the most overrated knicks player. He shouldnt even be a starter.

So you been a fan for 16 years, since you were 12? FUkk outta here, you aint 28. A 28 year old has no business trading insults with a 21 year old who is higher then nate robinson when he blocked yao ming. The difference between us is im on here laughin @ all you bum ass haters. Your gettin emotional. I can tell u :mad: Are u :mad:? No really, be honest...We'll let killa cam decide

u-mad1.jpg

if killa says u mad, then you must be.

20080515-tos.jpg

Your post is very unfair, BIGPAT so let me clear some things up.

#1-In New Jersey, the Nets made the finals for numerous reasons. Stop acting as if it was just Jason Kidd. First of all, Richard Jefferson got drafted to the Nets. Second of all, Kenyon Martin became more experienced. Third, the Nets had a better defensive lineup than the one that Marbury had.

Jason Kidd made the NBA Finals with the Nets, because he was given better talent to work with than Marbury. He also made the Finals, because he played for the Nets around the time when the East was turning weak.

When Marbury was on the Nets, he had to compete against a very strong Eastern Conference.

Jason Kidd is now on the Mavericks, and what have they done that's so great, since he came there? Nothing.

#2- When Marbury was on the Phoenix Suns, he helped them make the playoffs and knocked down a game winning 3 pointer, to beat the Spurs in game 1.

Steve Nash was more successful than Marbury, because, like Kidd, he was given better talent to play with.

Now that Nash lost Shawn Marion, the Suns have not been the same.

Mike D'Antoni increased Joe Johnson's minutes, the Suns acquired Quentin Richardson when he was actually decent, and Amare Stoudamire was healthy(which he was not on Marbury's final year with the Suns).

On the Knicks, Marbury helped us make the playoffs in 03-04, and he helped the Knicks stay competitive, in 04-05.

In the 2005-2006 season, Isiah Thomas traded away all of our best players, and the team completely broke down, as a result.

Isiah Thomas traded Tim Thomas(solid 3 pt shooter), Kurt Thomas(solid veteran with rebounding, shooting, and shot blocking), and Nazr Mohammad(good defender) for Malik Rose(overrated scrub), Quentin Richardson(who now sucks) and Eddy Curry(who has always sucked).

Part of why the Knicks are off to the 6-4 start is because the Knicks had such an easy schedule, to start out. None of their 6 wins come against healthy .500 teams.

Another reason is that Eddy Curry is on the bench, and Quentin Richardson's minutes have been reduced despite his starting role. Curry and Richardson have been big reasons for the Knicks' failure, in past years, and their reduced role has allowed Wilson Chandler and Nate Robinson to flourish.

co-sign

great post abcd. Alotta facts....we give them the facts, thats why they hate.

These fakkits got terminated on site

jpz17

Starter
phuck off jpz.....who cares how long u bin here, or how much game threads or topics u make.....this isnt a members only site, this is a site for knick fans. Marbury isnt even a knick. if u really care about ur team, u would realize this.

just trying to backup your multi-account dude. new new york did a decent job with it.. I never said anything about how long I've been here.. it's the multiple accounts that make me mad. and as far I know, Stephon Marbury is on the Knicks roster.. so, shouldn't he be given a chance? Give him one game, 30+ minutes I guarantee a win or a great game and he would have 15 plus points and 6 plus assists. I do care about my team, thats why I'm a marbury supporter. I realize how important a star point guard is on a D'Antoni team is, and Marbury is by far the best we have for that. Don't EVER question anyone's fanhood on this team unless they are being completely negative. There are some people on this forum who hated everyone on the team and never would give anyone on the team a chance, that's a person you should question. IF anything your fanhood should be questioned, I'm thinking of hope and thinking highly of OUR MOST TALENTED PLAYER! WHILE EVERYONE ELSE WONT GIVE HIM A CHANCE BECAUSE OF ONE YEAR HE HAD WITH ISIAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This shit is gay. Marbury is liked by a few people and they just happen to be the most vocal and most combative posters. I honestly have no problem with MSG or Metro because some of there stuff is ment in a joking manner and most people just don't see it. I think the stupid pictures of war scenes, guns, boxing KO's, and things like that are just stupid and pretty immature but whatever u guys want to do i say do it.

I personally also think its corny when people call themselves legends and crap on opinion based forums that have nothing to do with knowledge or real life.

I personally don't like ABCD as a poster but i just don't bring him up anymore cause he's following Metro and MSG stuff just got lame. Go back 5 months and read a post and it was alright read one now its basically a carbon copy of MSG's stuff.

The moral i'm getting at is there should be an arguements about the team but the same old tired arguement over Marbury or the same group of posters is pointless.

I know people don't like me on here but i'm an equal opportunity guy, I'll have arguements with pro marbury people and con marbury people. I've had at it with ABCD, Metro, MSG, Portega, Toonz, Datruth, etc it didn't matter what there alligance was in a Marbury arguement it had to do with what the topic was about.

I think the biggest problem is people backing each other just based on the fact there on one side of the Marbury argument. Like if somebody comes at MSG why does AKamu, ABCD and JPZ have to step in. We're all men here (excluding JPZ) let it get settled one on one.

OH yea were having this stupid arguement for the 100th time instead of talking about a 6-4 team that plays the Celtics tongiht.

Side note: Since Marbury is for all intensive purposes not a Knick during every game thread is it really necessary to see someone post i can't wait for Marbury to come back, or i wish Marbury was playing cause we woulda won. Its over and done fellas. Even the best Marbury fan knows hes gone one way or another.

ok, I guess getrealistic likes to settle it one on one with guys?????? Wow, how homo can you get?

GetRealistic

Starter
JPZ your an absolute tool/fraud. Your a waste of my time and after this post i refuse to speak of you again. Your act is so rediculous it makes me sick. You realized that Metro, and MSG get love from people on the site so what do you do go and agree with everything they say. Wow pretty clever and original.

Hopefully Rady will ignore you again and you'll leave the site.

Thats just a summary of my thoughts on you. I have plenty more but i'll leave it at that.

You can quote me to: Stephon Marbury isn't a Knick

jpz17

Starter
not going to comment on any of the person attacks, because they are just ignorant and un-called for.. but as for the Marbury isn't a knick... go to knicks.com, I bet you $1000 hes on the roster

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
another.

Don't hate me, because I'm a better poster than you. Only the very gifted can post at my level.
I offer classes for posters as horrible as yourself. And if you pay close attention and take good enough notes,
I'll give you an A.A.S. Degree in Knicks Education.

jpz17

Starter
abcd, the talk about you being great is gettin a little dragged on... lol I think everyone here knows you think you're great.. and you are.. just don't be too much of a dick about it.. but I do co-sign all of that

GetRealistic

Starter
Don't hate me, because I'm a better poster than you. Only the very gifted can post at my level.
I offer classes for posters as horrible as yourself. And if you pay close attention and take good enough notes,
I'll give you an A.A.S. Degree in Knicks Education.

And you clearly demostrated my point. Thanks. If being an "elite" poster on a Knicks message board makes you feel better about your place in life more power to you man. I have more important things to worry about then getting approval from other people i will never meet in my life.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Isiah Thomas traded Tim Thomas(solid 3 pt shooter), Kurt Thomas(solid veteran with rebounding, shooting, and shot blocking), and Nazr Mohammad(good defender) for Malik Rose(overrated scrub), Quentin Richardson(who now sucks) and Eddy Curry(who has always sucked).

i hope u do kno marbury had beef wit all 3 of those players and lets not forget mutombo and van horn.....the 3 players we got in return havent really factored so isiah choked there

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
i hope u do kno marbury had beef wit all 3 of those players and lets not forget mutombo and van horn.....the 3 players we got in return havent really factored so isiah choked there
Please provide proof that Marbury had problems with Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas, Nazr Mohammad, Dikembe Mutombo, and Keith Vanhorn. If you show me proof that Marbury had problems with all 5 of those guys, I'll give the haterburys 1 point added to their score. You guys are at zero, so you could really use those points.