View Poll Results: Describe Yourself (no homo)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team starbury til i die

13 39.39%
  • Haterbury til i die

4 12.12%
  • I have nothin against marbury but im not part of Team Starbury

9 27.27%
  • I hope this ends all the crap on this site!!!

7 21.21%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Team Starbury vs Haterburys: Lets End it NOW

I mean, I think Felton is on his way out, they drafted Augustine, wouldn't be surprised if Felton is on the trading block sooner rather than later...

can we all end it right now, right this second? its gettin old..

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

thank you JPZ...as much of a Marb's supporter as i am its getting old

Banned

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Insults dont bother me. Nothin really bothers me on this site. The constant hate for marbury is annoying, but its not something i think about when im going to bed.

I dont see anything wrong with insults. I think its funny but everyone on this site takes sh!t personal. But like i said, the insults dont bother me. The type of insults that bigpat33 and trillion were throwing at me, came from emotions. They werent trying to be funny. I used that against them, and limited the insults in my post to expose them.

Dats rite baby MSG33 iz da man!
    Bronze mac 12 baby
    I love starbury!! (homo)

Banned

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Co-sign.
    Moderators are doing a job good.
    Its just the people who seem to have manlove for Crawford, who are from midwest, and get picked on for ignorant statements with no evidence for validity(I think you know who) would cry to mods for being picked on because they're so awkward.

Its cool to have manlove for Jamal and be some random Knickfan from the midwest, but when you go all out forcing your opinion on others, expect to get ether, its that simple.

With Marbury, I and the others Soldierburys understand the facts and realities.

Marbury is the BEST guard on this team.
    Marbury is the only Knick on this roster to turn this team around and take the Knicks to the playoffs against the Eastern Conference Champions.
    Marbury wasn't treated like the best player on the team when Isiah went nuts and trading for players with noticeable weaknesses that didn't compliment Marbury.
    Isiah obtained Crawford and Curry for a lot of expiring contracts and future draft picks; a SG that can't shoot and a Center that can't rebound or block: both players being the worst at their position in terms of defense.
    How is that complimentary to Marbury or an "upgrade" for the team? It wasn't.
    You can't expect Marbury to lead such a crap team to the playoffs like that.
    Marbury has had like 11-12 different NBA coaches in his 10 year career, not much stability with the front office working with Marbury.

We also understand.
    Marbury has been caught in controversial situations that has build a negative rep on his status as a professional athlete.
    Marbury is unethical.
    Marbury hasn't shown the BEST attitude, but also hasn't shown the WORST.

People's hate on Marbury is minor things like "He's not mature, he's an *******, he's a jerk" More personal dislikes rather than his ability to produce as a NBA PG.

So when people debate against team Starbury, their arguement is mostly a personal vendetta and hate rant on Stephon Marbury the person. They don't have enough information, facts, stats, and recorded game logs that can contradict the solid facts team Starbury has brought and shut them down in the past consistantly.

Frustrated Starbury haters began to build a lot of tension and continue the ignorance. In response, team S-bury gave the incompetent haters a taste of their own medicine, especially metrocard; myself who drops the hottest ether in the world. Then they learned right there how it feels to be made fun of since they take so many personal shots at Stephon.

I have nothing personal against the haters, I think you have to divide them into two groups.

The knowledgeable and respectful posters with their own stylistic text that's enjoyable to read, disagree or agree with.
    GetRealstic
    DonChris

Then you have had guys who just come to this site to take personal shots at me for the past events on this forum where they tried to step up to me but got slapped down to the ground. (Fools on my ignore list)
    Pancakes
    The One n Only
    many others who have died from the forum, there's a whole bunch I can't remember because of the losses they took in such a depressing matter.

I enjoy reading post on this site as much as I like posting, I have a lot of personal favorite posters who agree with me and disagree with me, a lot of respect for them.

If I don't have respect for you, I'm going to text to you like I don't have respect for you. I don't front, so you already know; this doesn't need to be explained.

You've failed everytime on pointing out the "facts".
    People don't have to agree with opinions, but facts have to be accepted.
    You came to me, I didn't even know you posted on this site until you called me out and got embarrassed.

As for everyone crying about the insults, whats up?

Why do you front like they don't bother you but then a day later cry continuously about them because they got under your skin and you couldn't handle the affect of the ether?
    Insults on the internet should be ignored or laughed at it, getting emotional isn't really the coolest look for a grown man. I throw insults because I get bored with the person text and they're not really saying anything new I haven't read, or just spewing a lot of ignorant ish.

People are ENTITLED to support Marbury for a logical reason, MSG has many reasons in continuing to support for Marbury...it is WRONG to bash MSG for supporting Marbury or any other Marbury supporter. Instead you should use some brain cells and actually start a debate and question the logic. Its not hard, if you' have common sense and an open mind, and not a temper of a 17 year old Washington Heights girl on her tampon.

Plus, a lot of the Marbury support is sarcasm and just for fun. You guys get all defensive a little too much.

You've handle this whole situation the best out of anyone.

GetReal and I use to go through some serious battles back and forth, but personal insults were thrown in there but we both had a lot of pride and didn't let out ignorance take over; because we always provided facts you couldn't find in any other Knick forum, which makes this site the best. You have two of the best from opposites collide which makes a nice main event fight.

You are like the coolest person ever, i mean if i looked in a dictionary nd looked up the word cool, id see a picture of you, i wish i cud suck starbury's **** just as good as u cuz man you r just that cool, we shud have a three some with msg rite now

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    The whole team voted for him to be suspended. I forget who posted it but somebody posted an article awhile back where Tim Thomas was quoted as saying how bad of a teammate Marbury was and that he alienated himself from the team.

It ended with Thomas saying Marbury didn't say a word to him his whole time in NY but on the day he was traded Marbury gave him an ipod.
    Yeah, I've posted this before.

"Stephon is the worst teammate I've ever had," Tim Thomas told me an hour after the Suns had eliminated the Clippers, echoing the sentiments of Jayson Williams, Keith Van Horn, Kurt Thomas and several Suns and Knicks who wish to remain anonymous. "We grew up together, yet the whole time I was with the Knicks he never talked to me. Not once. Not until I was traded did he say anything. When I was leaving he came over and gave me an I-Pod he'd bought as a going-away present. He even installed hip hop music. They don't come any weirder!"
    He's fought Kurt Thomas, Q Rich, Mutumbo, Kenadall Gill and many others. There's the proof. I have always thought it was funny that Cancerburians have so much love for possibly the worst Knick in franchise history. It's alright to show love for someone who's actually contributed something positive to this franchise (Ewing, LJ, Houston, Clyde, Reed, Starks, Oakley, Spree, etc.) but to have so much love for someone that has contributed as much as Malik Rose (and contributed more negative than positive) is just sad.

Veteran

Co-sign.
    Moderators are doing a job good.
    Its just the people who seem to have manlove for Crawford, who are from midwest, and get picked on for ignorant statements with no evidence for validity(I think you know who) would cry to mods for being picked on because they're so awkward.

Its cool to have manlove for Jamal and be some random Knickfan from the midwest, but when you go all out forcing your opinion on others, expect to get ether, its that simple.

With Marbury, I and the others Soldierburys understand the facts and realities.

Marbury is the BEST guard on this team.
    Marbury is the only Knick on this roster to turn this team around and take the Knicks to the playoffs against the Eastern Conference Champions.
    Marbury wasn't treated like the best player on the team when Isiah went nuts and trading for players with noticeable weaknesses that didn't compliment Marbury.
    Isiah obtained Crawford and Curry for a lot of expiring contracts and future draft picks; a SG that can't shoot and a Center that can't rebound or block: both players being the worst at their position in terms of defense.
    How is that complimentary to Marbury or an "upgrade" for the team? It wasn't.
    You can't expect Marbury to lead such a crap team to the playoffs like that.
    Marbury has had like 11-12 different NBA coaches in his 10 year career, not much stability with the front office working with Marbury.

We also understand.
    Marbury has been caught in controversial situations that has build a negative rep on his status as a professional athlete.
    Marbury is unethical.
    Marbury hasn't shown the BEST attitude, but also hasn't shown the WORST.

People's hate on Marbury is minor things like "He's not mature, he's an *******, he's a jerk" More personal dislikes rather than his ability to produce as a NBA PG.

So when people debate against team Starbury, their arguement is mostly a personal vendetta and hate rant on Stephon Marbury the person. They don't have enough information, facts, stats, and recorded game logs that can contradict the solid facts team Starbury has brought and shut them down in the past consistantly.

Frustrated Starbury haters began to build a lot of tension and continue the ignorance. In response, team S-bury gave the incompetent haters a taste of their own medicine, especially metrocard; myself who drops the hottest ether in the world. Then they learned right there how it feels to be made fun of since they take so many personal shots at Stephon.

I have nothing personal against the haters, I think you have to divide them into two groups.

The knowledgeable and respectful posters with their own stylistic text that's enjoyable to read, disagree or agree with.
    GetRealstic
    DonChris

Then you have had guys who just come to this site to take personal shots at me for the past events on this forum where they tried to step up to me but got slapped down to the ground. (Fools on my ignore list)
    Pancakes
    The One n Only
    many others who have died from the forum, there's a whole bunch I can't remember because of the losses they took in such a depressing matter.

I enjoy reading post on this site as much as I like posting, I have a lot of personal favorite posters who agree with me and disagree with me, a lot of respect for them.

If I don't have respect for you, I'm going to text to you like I don't have respect for you. I don't front, so you already know; this doesn't need to be explained.

You've failed everytime on pointing out the "facts".
    People don't have to agree with opinions, but facts have to be accepted.
    You came to me, I didn't even know you posted on this site until you called me out and got embarrassed.

As for everyone crying about the insults, whats up?

Why do you front like they don't bother you but then a day later cry continuously about them because they got under your skin and you couldn't handle the affect of the ether?
    Insults on the internet should be ignored or laughed at it, getting emotional isn't really the coolest look for a grown man. I throw insults because I get bored with the person text and they're not really saying anything new I haven't read, or just spewing a lot of ignorant ish.

People are ENTITLED to support Marbury for a logical reason, MSG has many reasons in continuing to support for Marbury...it is WRONG to bash MSG for supporting Marbury or any other Marbury supporter. Instead you should use some brain cells and actually start a debate and question the logic. Its not hard, if you' have common sense and an open mind, and not a temper of a 17 year old Washington Heights girl on her tampon.

Plus, a lot of the Marbury support is sarcasm and just for fun. You guys get all defensive a little too much.

You've handle this whole situation the best out of anyone.

GetReal and I use to go through some serious battles back and forth, but personal insults were thrown in there but we both had a lot of pride and didn't let out ignorance take over; because we always provided facts you couldn't find in any other Knick forum, which makes this site the best. You have two of the best from opposites collide which makes a nice main event fight.
    Manlove??? Don't hate on me because your MANCRUSH doesn't get to play with the rest of the team. Or even practice. Maybe you and the rest of TEAM INACTIVE should take note of this. Sorry if some of us adults would prefer to stick to hoopstalk instead of playing the dozens. Maybe its just a Midwest thing. You know being an ADULT and showing others respect and sticking to the topic. Actually you probably don't. Hopefully when this stupid Starbury thing is over the rest of the Starbury crew will follow and the rest of us KNICKS fans can start talking basketball again.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Several players have contacted marbury and shown support for him. I think theres more then a couple teams that would like to have him, including the dallas mavericks. Aside from that, im not sure why everyone cares so much about him. Hes not part of this team so why continue to bring him up?

I think we all need to work together to make this site. What i see going on is a chain reaction, and my goal is to end it. Some people on this site are bringin up marbury in every thread and its real annoying. They exaggerate their hate at times...their very quick when forming opinions, they just look at the bad. Ill admit, i do from time to time exaggerate how good i think he is. I think the smarter posters on here know when im doing this and ignore me. But i do it in retaliation to other the hatred for him. That was the purpose of my "great stephon starbury marbury", to aggrevate the haters. I do not want to do things like this, but when i go into a thread about who we should draft and see marbury gettin hated on...of course as one of the best posters on this site, im not gonna look the other way with the exception of a few posters. If its a new poster and its the first time i see marbury gettin hated on by that poster, i might wait before i respond. But eventually im gonna say sumthin, not just in defense of marbury but for the good of this site.

If people are gonna post negative stuff about marbury, they should do it in threads that have already been made instead of makin new ones (trillion). But theres nothin to say about him. Theres no need to bring him up until hes playin for another team.

And about the insults...I think im much better then i once was. But like i keep sayin, they are not intended to hurt feelings. From now on i will sparingly use insults.
    I agree with this post.

Pancakes
    The One n Only
    I come on this site to talk Knicks but unfortunately every time I do I see you talking smack, getting into insanely long arguments behaving obnoxiously. If you were funny that would be on thing but it's the same thing over and over and over again.

When I first signed up I remember you welcomed me and thought I had the funniest screenname in the history of this board. Everything was cool until I dared disagree with you. We debated Baron Davis vs Steph, Chris Paul vs Deron Williams, Carlos Arroyo just to name a few. At first your over the top antics was funny but as time went on I noticed that you get into these long drawn out attacks using the same silly insults for every new argument you are in. At this point I dunno what's more frustrating that you berate anyone who disagrees with you or that can't seem to come up with any new material. Nobody is catching feelings over it but I believe that the majority of us are simply tired of it and would like to debate with you one time without escalating into some kind of hoodrat display of pseudo toughness. You have a lot of knowledge and strong opinions to share so why not do it in a manner where it's like two bros at a bar bull****ting? The way it's supposed to be.

We've both had fun at one another's expense and that's cool however I'm down to bury the hatchet in order to contribute a more positive environment around here.

I can't blame Marbury for going to war with Isiah.
    Brown declared war on Marbury first, as he did with every PG he's coached(see Felton now in Charlotte.
    Larry Brown does have a Hall of Fame coaching resume though.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    He's fought Kurt Thomas, Q Rich, Mutumbo, Kenadall Gill and many others. There's the proof. I have always thought it was funny that Cancerburians have so much love for possibly the worst Knick in franchise history. It's alright to show love for someone who's actually contributed something positive to this franchise (Ewing, LJ, Houston, Clyde, Reed, Starks, Oakley, Spree, etc.) but to have so much love for someone that has contributed as much as Malik Rose (and contributed more negative than positive) is just sad.
    Contributions? You serious? I can't believe you don't appreciate or forgot about that under .500 8th seed clinching playoff run ahem I mean 4 game washout Steph led us to. lol

Seriously tho, agreed I think the problem is that a lot of people are in love with his talent and fail to recognize the player.
    Last edited by Eddy Currys House Special; Nov 20, 2008 at 04:03.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Metrocards
    Dats rite baby MSG33 iz da man!
    Bronze mac 12 baby
    I love starbury!! (homo)
    Good one, metrocards.

KnicksonLIN.com

Wow, so because Marbury didn't tuck Tim Thomas to bed in night, he's a horrible teammate? Please. Just because Marbury didn't talk to Tim Thomas doesn't mean he was a bad teammate. If I remember correctly, Tim Thomas averaged good numbers on the Knicks WITH MARBURY. If Marbury was so bad, why Tim Thomas average 14 points per game, in his two years with the Knicks? You just look for any little thing to criticize.

Also, you're sick for thinking Marbury could even be anywhere near to being one of the worst players in franchise history. Ever heard of Eddy Curry? Quentin Richardson? Mardy Collins? And that's just naming the most current Knick roster.

Take Duhon's dick out your ass.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Manlove??? Don't hate on me because your MANCRUSH doesn't get to play with the rest of the team. Or even practice. Maybe you and the rest of TEAM INACTIVE should take note of this. Sorry if some of us adults would prefer to stick to hoopstalk instead of playing the dozens. Maybe its just a Midwest thing. You know being an ADULT and showing others respect and sticking to the topic. Actually you probably don't. Hopefully when this stupid Starbury thing is over the rest of the Starbury crew will follow and the rest of us KNICKS fans can start talking basketball again.
    You're not a Knick fan, go root for a midwest team.

LJ4Pt, so what?

If you stop oblivous and realize Tim Thomas is just being a bitch.
    I guess one quote from Tim Thomas tells the whole story, right?
    Even Tim Thomas thought a kindly gesture from Marbury was "weird".
    Please, its so pathetic how you guys desperately try to find anything.
    That quote always been crap.
    Tim Thomas was TERRIBLE for the Knicks, don't you remember, why the hell should we care how he was treated? He deserved to be ignored, because he ignored his teammates on the COURT(which matters most) by being a spectator.

This is where the Hateburies have failed themselves, this "lockeroom" theory has proven to be dead, especially when in the reality of sports; they have been teams who had lockroom problems but were still able to preform in the court.

Fact is:
    If you have a bunch of friends playing a sport, but they have a bad performance, their social cohesion will decrease due to bad performance and losses.
    If you have a bunch of strangers playing a sport, but they have a good preformance, their social cohesion will build up due to good performance and wins.

Its sad when so called Knick fans have to defend Tim Thomas out of all Knicks to protect and hold on to their personal vendetta against Marbury.

Originally Posted by abcd
    Wow, so because Marbury didn't tuck Tim Thomas to bed in night, he's a horrible teammate? Please. Just because Marbury didn't talk to Tim Thomas doesn't mean he was a bad teammate. If I remember correctly, Tim Thomas averaged good numbers on the Knicks WITH MARBURY. If Marbury was so bad, why Tim Thomas average 14 points per game, in his two years with the Knicks? You just look for any little thing to criticize.

Also, you're sick for thinking Marbury could even be anywhere near to being one of the worst players in franchise history. Ever heard of Eddy Curry? Quentin Richardson? Mardy Collins? And that's just naming the most current Knick roster.

Take Duhon's dick out your ass.
    Exactly, a lot of dudes averaged career highs playing with Marbury.

Curry in 2006-07.
    Channing Frye in 05-06.
    Micheal ****ing Sweetney in 04-05.
    Tim Thomas in 03-04.

Thats just in his Knick career, Marbury doesn't hold back guys from progressing, he's really a passive player, and thats been his weakness; knowing when to be aggressive or not. I don't think Marbury has been aggressive enough because he's been held back by guys like Brown and Isiah.
    Last edited by metrocard; Nov 20, 2008 at 07:32.

I think Marbury would have had an MVP type season if Herb Williams was the head coach.

LJ4Pt, so what?

If you stop oblivous and realize Tim Thomas is just being a bitch.
    I guess one quote from Tim Thomas tells the whole story, right?
    Even Tim Thomas thought a kindly gesture from Marbury was "weird".
    Please, its so pathetic how you guys desperately try to find anything.
    That quote always been crap.
    Tim Thomas was TERRIBLE for the Knicks, don't you remember, why the hell should we care how he was treated? He deserved to be ignored, because he ignored his teammates on the COURT(which matters most) by being a spectator.

This is where the Hateburies have failed themselves, this "lockeroom" theory has proven to be dead, especially when in the reality of sports; they have been teams who had lockroom problems but were still able to preform in the court.

Fact is:
    If you have a bunch of friends playing a sport, but they have a bad performance, their social cohesion will decrease due to bad performance and losses.
    If you have a bunch of strangers playing a sport, but they have a good preformance, their social cohesion will build up due to good performance and wins.

Its sad when so called Knick fans have to defend Tim Thomas out of all Knicks to protect and hold on to their personal vendetta against Marbury.
    You Cancerburians were asking for some kind of proof that Mebury has been a bad teammate. I just gave you an actual quote from a former teammate that said he was the worst teammate ever. And there have been many other examples of Mebury being selfish and a lockerroom cancer. But your only response is "who cares about Tim Thomas". Well, you asked for proof and I gave it to you. It's obvious your love for the man is so strong you don't want to hear the truth. I just don't understand why you have so much love for a player that has contributed nothing to this franchise and is on his way out. Just doesn't make sense to me.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

You Cancerburians were asking for some kind of proof that Mebury has been a bad teammate. I just gave you an actual quote from a former teammate that said he was the worst teammate ever. And there have been many other examples of Mebury being selfish and a lockerroom cancer. But your only response is "who cares about Tim Thomas". Well, you asked for proof and I gave it to you. It's obvious your love for the man is so strong you don't want to hear the truth. I just don't understand why you have so much love for a player that has contributed nothing to this franchise and is on his way out. Just doesn't make sense to me.
    Like I said, who cares about Tim Thomas? Why did he deserve special treatment?

Your proof isn't valid or proves a point. It just proves Tim Thomas is a crybaby who couldn't be happy with a free iPod, ****; he didn't even deserve a floppy disk with his performance as a Knick.

Superstar

Default Marbury

Marbury's gift to Thomas may have been "weird" from Thomas's perspective, but it reflects Marbury's uniquely complicated personality as well as his basic humanity.

When Barbosa arrived in Phoenix, he was a Brazilian youngster --perhaps from a favela -- who spoke little English.
    He was driving a rental car. Marbury bought him an Escalade.

These generous gestures say something about Marbury which is very positive.

Marbury is history -- has no future -- with the Knicks. And the past history has not been pleasant or particularly productive but that does not detract from the fact that the man has geat physical abilities.

Lets complete the buy-out quickly and move on. I for one hope Marbury excels -- and finds some peace -- wherever he may go. If he competes against the Knicks, perhaps he will assist in getting us a better draft pick.