Three-way Trade in the Works

KBlack25

Starter
"Alan Hahn is reporting that a possible three-way trade could be completed. The Knicks, Warriors and Clippers may be on the verge of a trade that would involve Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins being traded in a cap-clearing move that would see the Knicks bring in Tim Thomas, Cuttino Mobley and Al Harrington.

The Clippers would land Randolph and the Warriors would receive Jamal Crawford.

All three contracts expire by 2010 when LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh will be free-agents."

This sounds awful...

KBlack25

Starter
I don't know metro, I absolutely loathe Tim Thomas, probably my least favorite Knick ever.

On the plus side they do get expiring deals...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Good move. We dump a lot of salary in one move. Plus Tim Thomas had his best year under D'Antoni.

Duhon
Mobley
Chandler
Harrington
Thomas

Hmm...Next up, get rid of Curry and we've dumped a ton of salary. Lebron and Bosh to the Knicks in 2010!!!

metrocard

Legend
I don't know metro, I absolutely loathe Tim Thomas, probably my least favorite Knick ever.

On the plus side they do get expiring deals...

We could probably have a competition between each other on who hates Tiny Tim more, but as long its a move for the positive direction in the future, I'm happy.

Can we get some draft picks in this deal though? Crawford/Randolph value should be a bit higher.
Even a 2nd rounder or a prospect like DeAndre Jordan or Marco Bellineni.

richtree

Rotation player
Actually , Tim Thomas is a guy that fit well when we was playing for the suns....

he is from the area, he was playing his best ball for the knicks right when he left.,

and he will only be a role player with limited minutes., so i can live with it....

just sad to see ZACH go after how hard he has been playin...

ZACH truely put his heart and soul into this years team...

respect due

KBlack25

Starter
Yeah metro I agree, squeezing out a draft pick somewhere would make this trade. Bellinelli was the guy I actually wanted in the draft last year, I'd be all for getting him in a Knicks jersey...

richtree

Rotation player
Here are all the possiblities:

NBA_Harrington_small.jpg

Al Harrington is rumored to have been traded to the Knicks on Friday, although details are still unclear.

Three possible scenarios exist, with the Knicks sending either Jamal Crawford or Malik Rose to the Warriors in the first two. The third and newest option, reported by Newsday, has the Clippers and Warriors sending Harrington, Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley to the Knicks, with Crawford, Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins being moved between the Clips and Warriors. This would clear cap space for the Knicks and give Harrington a starting job with Randolph out of the way. Stay tuned as details emerge throughout the day. Nov. 21 - 6:33 am et
Source: Newsday

GetRealistic

Starter
Good move. We dump a lot of salary in one move. Plus Tim Thomas had his best year under D'Antoni.

Duhon
Mobley
Chandler
Harrington
Thomas

Hmm...Next up, get rid of Curry and we've dumped a ton of salary. Lebron and Bosh to the Knicks in 2010!!!

And i thought we shot a lot of threes now. Its not a winning lineup but its deffinately a exciting lineup. And most importantly it clears a ton of cap space.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Walsh's waiting has payed off he wouldnt trade Zach in the summer for a 2nd rounder and Zach came out and is probably having the best year of his career then we get some decent value in return players who play with the team and could shoot...and they all expire by 2010 which is huge....that leaves me with 2 questions whos gonna be our center we need size upfront...and do Marbury and Curry have a shot at playing now?

adamsilver

Rookie
I'm really not sure about this...I like Harrington and understand Mike D. likes Thomas...but getting rid of Crawford and Randolph is tough the way they've been playing.

But anything that helps us get LeBron, if that is the end result, is OK with me.

We do need to make sure we have some semblance of a team before he gets here to show him that he'll have a team to play with and not be here by himself.

:happydrunks::gony:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Interesting

This is interesting. Surely something is going to happen, but exactly what is unclear.

If it is a three team deal in the form suggested, I agree with Metro. We should get DeAndre Jordan,, Belinelli, or a draft pick. We are going to be awfully small without Z-Bo.

nixrool

Rookie
anyone know what kind of defender harrington is? Also, any chance that they will buy out either thomas or mobley? not sure what kind of salaries they have. I guarantee you without crawford our turnovers go down about 5 a game!! Add his 3-5 horrible shots per game and that could be another 5-10 better possessions per game. If they don't buy anybody out, who plays Q or mobley? I'm sick of Q personally.

Last edited:

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
I was down for the original trade of Rose for Harrington, but i dont want mobley and Thomas here! There not gonna help this team very much. And we need Z-BO, thats gonna suck if he has to go to. Whether we keep crawford or not i dont care, the big news is we have HARRINGTON on the way to NY!

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Co Sign: A draft pick would be a good asset to this trade, The Crawford/Randolph tandem is worth something but We need to keep Randolph, We will have no size left if we trade him away.

Can we get some draft picks in this deal though? Crawford/Randolph value should be a bit higher.
Even a 2nd rounder or a prospect like DeAndre Jordan or Marco Bellineni.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I'm really not sure about this...I like Harrington and understand Mike D. likes Thomas...but getting rid of Crawford and Randolph is tough the way they've been playing.

But anything that helps us get LeBron, if that is the end result, is OK with me.

We do need to make sure we have some semblance of a team before he gets here to show him that he'll have a team to play with and not be here by himself.
:happydrunks::gony:

Signing multiple free-agents will be part of the draw for Lebron. What if we get far enough under the cap to sign Chris Bosh and Lebron? Maybe even a small contract to veterans (MLE) like Steve Nash (also available in 2010)? Lebron would jump at the chance to play in New York with Bosh and Nash in D'Anotni's system.

I was down for the original trade of Rose for Harrington, but i dont want mobley and Thomas here! There not gonna help this team very much. And we need Z-BO, thats gonna suck if he has to go to. Whether we keep crawford or not i dont care, the big news is we have HARRINGTON on the way to NY!

Don't think of this as trading Crawford and Z-Bo for Harrington and Thomas. Think of this as a trade of Crawford and Z-Bo for Lebron and Bosh. That's what this is about.