Official Randolph is Traded Thread

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we dont need LeBron to have a Dynasty you know that right we could build one with draft picks and and trades...look at the Lakers,Celtics or even the Hawks(they heading there)

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Financials

The two sets of trades (1) increase the Knicks payroll for 2008 by $210,000 -- on the full year basis, (2) decrease the 2009 payroll by $885,000, and (3) knock $30,134,000 off the cap (and payroll) for 2010. However, we are not a better team now than we were yesterday.

What is our team going to look like at the end of 2009 when we start courting LeBron and the other free agents?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
a knick dynasty with whoOO?? people they don't have?? what if they don't land lebron???
Co-sign

The Nets are also saving up their money, and for all we know, Lebron might go to the Brooklyn Nets. I don't like this trade one bit. The Knicks have no chance of winning even 30 games now. I don't even think they'll win 25. I hate seeing 82 games of the Knicks getting their ass kicked. I've been watching that crap for years. I want to see the Knicks win for once.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Co-sign

The Nets are also saving up their money, and for all we know, Lebron might go to the Brooklyn Nets. I don't like this trade one bit. The Knicks have no chance of winning even 30 games now. I don't even think they'll win 25. I hate seeing 82 games of the Knicks getting their ass kicked. I've been watching that crap for years. I want to see the Knicks win for once.
I definitely hear you on that one.

jpz17

Starter
my game thread is messed up... BUT GO NEW YORK! I HAVEN'T BEEN THIS HAPPY TO BE A KNICKS FAN SINCE....... DANG I CAN"T REMEMBER!!!!! GO NEW YORK GO NEW YORK GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I don't understand how people could be so excited. we just lost the only pretty good players on our team in a matter of hours. yea sure were under the cap, we all knew we'd get there at some point...but now we gotta watch the knicks fall back to the joke they were last year for the rest of this yr and next yr, all so we can try and land some franchise player a few years from now....I mean even if we do get Lebron, why would we be any different then the cavs are now if we have this roster, i mean i'd take lebron any day but he can't do this on his own...we cant just get rid of every good player we have in order to get one player...i knew we'd eventually do it and i'm happy to get these contracts out of the way bbut wow this season and the next are going to be a waste and it's not really fair to have to go through all this once again..

JayJ44

Starter
I don't understand how people could be so excited. we just lost the only pretty good players on our team in a matter of hours. yea sure were under the cap, we all knew we'd get there at some point...but now we gotta watch the knicks fall back to the joke they were last year for the rest of this yr and next yr, all so we can try and land some franchise player a few years from now....I mean even if we do get Lebron, why would we be any different then the cavs are now if we have this roster, i mean i'd take lebron any day but he can't do this on his own...we cant just get rid of every good player we have in order to get one player...i knew we'd eventually do it and i'm happy to get these contracts out of the way bbut wow this season and the next are going to be a waste and it's not really fair to have to go through all this once again..

Because we now have enough cap space to sign at least 2 superstars. For example, Lebron and Bosh. Or Lebron and Wade, etc. Plus, we maybe able to sign an older player to help us for less money, such as Steve Nash. You gotta be patient, we may suck for 2 years, but we will be title contenders in 3-5 years.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Damn people...can you just savor the moment for once and stop whining. This is a good plan. If we get rid of Curry we will be far enough under the cap to sign multiple free agents.

1. The Nets aren't moving to Brooklyn in 2010. That's been postponed and possibly cancelled all together

2. Mike D runs a short rotation. Nate, Lee, Chandler, Gallo?, plus (hopefully) a good draft pick this year, and a combination of Chris Bosh, plus possibly another big free agent and additionally signing possible veteran players to the MLE (like Steve Nash) will be more than enough to draw Lebron to the Knicks.

Remember what the Celtics did last year? Got the big three and signed multiple veteran free agents to the MLE. Once players see stars coming here, they will want to play with them for a championship. Especially in New York.

I have faith in this plan. We don't need to have a great team next year, we just need to make moves that starts building a great team and others will follow.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
wow yea that sounds pretty good.. watchin s. a smith right now, he's singing walshes praises too..he's saying two big players will happen too. :smokin:

Pricey

Rotation player
wow yea that sounds pretty good.. watchin s. a smith right now, he's singing walshes praises too..he's saying two big players will happen too. :smokin:
yeah just saw that as well. He seems very happy lol.
we can sign 2 max contracts man, imagine if we got LeBron and Stoudamire or LeBron and Wade or LeBron and Bosh lol. Even if we didnt get LeBron, u could get a Wade and Bosh or something. Its going to be good times in a few years.
Just have to suck it up and not expect anything this season

GetRealistic

Starter
The man did the unthinkable in about 4 hours. And honestly i don't think were that worse of a team for it. Tonights going to be interesting with the short ass rotation. I'm expecting to see Curry and MeBury tonight.

Hows this big three sound to people. Lebron, Bosh, Rubio

New New York

Quiet Storm
Co-sign

Look we dont want to win a lot this season because this year we still have our pick. We all know that this deal doesnt make us a better team, but it puts us in a ideal position in two years. Even if we dont land Lebron D Wade etc. we can still build a team from top to bottom. Donnie just undid in two trades four years of Isiah's hell! Look, I liked Z-Bo too, but his salary was killing our cap and I would sacrifice being a team a couple games out of the playoff now with the players we have now to be a seriously good team in three years or four years.

You can't make a omelet without breaking some eggs

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
idk i just cant say all this would be worth it if we come away w wade alone..he doesnt seem that unreal to me

mrkyll

Rookie
Everyone's acting like Walsh just broke up a championship team.

The Knicks, before these trades, if everything fell into place, might've, maybe gotten the eighth seed and been eliminated in the first round.

Zach and Jamal haven't exactly established themselves as winning NBA players despite some attractive stats.

If you balance that with the fact that about 27 million will be off the books in two years.

We were in salary cap hell for so long.

Even if we don't get Lebron, we absolutely needed to do this.

jpz17

Starter
he isn't... we will desperetly need a sg. We will have Chandler, Gallinari for sure.. do you see a shooting guard there? I see two small forwards maybe two power forwards. Knicks will probably resign Nate and Lee now too.

Nate
Wade
Chandler
Gallinari
Lee>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nate
Chandler
LeBron
Gallinari
Lee

plus, wade will come cheaper....

has LeBron ever won a champioship? No..

LeBron is not Jordan, he can't win it alone...(not saying Jordan was alone)
LeBron failed for many years having a pretty good team even without him

He has not preformed like he usually does in the clutch
in the past few years you haven't seen one team have one team with a star and no one else. Pierce Garnett Allen, Duncan Ginoibli Parker
Shaq Wade.... Buillips Wallace Wallace Hamilton

Wade will get much less attention, therefore, not as much money.....

LeBRon will be max salary

Wade, maybe 5 under...

5 mil could get us a decent player, plus if we ahve another 2 or 3 left over thats Wade and say an older Baron Davis, or an older Pierce

Wade old Davis>LeBron and no one

jay.. I understand were you are going, but don't overrate LeBron..

(besides, he will go to DET)

JayJ44

Starter
he isn't... we will desperetly need a sg. We will have Chandler, Gallinari for sure.. do you see a shooting guard there? I see two small forwards maybe two power forwards. Knicks will probably resign Nate and Lee now too.

Nate
Wade
Chandler
Gallinari
Lee>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nate
Chandler
LeBron
Gallinari
Lee

plus, wade will come cheaper....

has LeBron ever won a champioship? No..

LeBron is not Jordan, he can't win it alone...(not saying Jordan was alone)
LeBron failed for many years having a pretty good team even without him

He has not preformed like he usually does in the clutch
in the past few years you haven't seen one team have one team with a star and no one else. Pierce Garnett Allen, Duncan Ginoibli Parker
Shaq Wade.... Buillips Wallace Wallace Hamilton

Wade will get much less attention, therefore, not as much money.....

LeBRon will be max salary

Wade, maybe 5 under...

5 mil could get us a decent player, plus if we ahve another 2 or 3 left over thats Wade and say an older Baron Davis, or an older Pierce

Wade old Davis>LeBron and no one

jay.. I understand were you are going, but don't overrate LeBron..

(besides, he will go to DET)

Firstly, Wade will not come any cheaper. If we don't offer him a the max, another team will. Wade, Lebron, Bosh, etc will all be the same price.

Hopefully, we will be able to draft a PG, because I like Nate, but he's not a starting PG. Also, when 2010 comes, hopefully we can sign a big to play as center such as Amare or Bosh.

Our potential lineup will hopefully look more like this:
PG- Rubio (Or Jennings, or a veteran like Nash)
SG-Gallo
SF- Lebron
PF- Lee
C- Bosh or Amare
Or:​

PG- Rubio
SG- Wade
SF- Gallo
PF- Chandler
C- Amare or Bosh
Lebron most likely wouldn't go to Detroit. He wants to go to a big market, and Detroit is not that.​

Wade is a fantastic player too. I think he's 3rd best in the league. Either way were in very good shape, so let's just be happy about that. :beer:​

metrocard

Legend
You package Lee and Curry and you have a legit shot at signing two players from the 2010 FA pool. Great job Donnie. We obviously won't be competitvive this season but i don't think were any worse with Mobley, Thomas, and Harrington then we were with Zbo and Crawford.

Co-sign.

Mobley can play defense unlike Jamal, and is a better shooter, more skilled/experienced/team oriented.

Mobley > Crawford

TT/Harrington = Randolph.

Randolph is a ball dominate and stat padder who shoots a low FG @ 43%.

TT/Harrington actually have experience in the HIGH TEMPO offense and have proven to be very productive in it. Its a move that fits the system, which makes it a more productive system because you have players who fit now, unlike Crawford and Randolph.

Props to the DON.

Paul1355

All Star
Co-sign.

Mobley can play defense unlike Jamal, and is a better shooter, more skilled/experienced/team oriented.

Mobley > Crawford

TT/Harrington = Randolph.

Randolph is a ball dominate and stat padder who shoots a low FG @ 43%.

TT/Harrington actually have experience in the HIGH TEMPO offense and have proven to be very productive in it. Its a move that fits the system, which makes it a more productive system because you have players who fit now, unlike Crawford and Randolph.

Props to the DON.

Yea but Metro, Mobley has played over 30 minutes a game in his whole career except for his rookie season were he averaged 29 minutes per game....he hasn't averaged even 14 ppg since the 04-05 season.

He has pathetic offensive numbers as a Shooting guard....from the 06-07 season to now he has averaged only 11 ppg.....maybe its because he doesnt take as many attempts as Crawford but I HOPE Mobley plays good defense because if he doesnt then Crawford is clearly better. Mobley is also 33 years of age...hope his legs are still good enough to run like a maniac in this system.

The move from the Clippers was rushed.....it had to be done but not so soon. We were winning....Zach was our mvp...he was unselfish...hustled and played like an all star on our team. We could have gotten a better deal for him if we waited until the trade deadline. BUT Al Harrington is someone to admire...he can score and is more athletic than Randolph so now our front court will be more up tempo than before. Harrington was pissed with Golden State so he should play 100% now with NY...if he winds up being a head case...then we have a major problem but i dont expect that from him.

Collins is finally gone! YES! Collins for Mobley was a great move but Stphon HAS to play now!

Only problem is that we have to rely on other guys to score now....when Crawfor and Zach got hot they carried the team...mostly Zach everday though. Now we have to rely on Chandler, Nate, Duhon, Mobley and Harrington to put up double figures every night to even be close in a game. This sin't looking like a good year Knick fans. Good in the long run...but not for the present time.