MLS Championship!!!

TunerAddict

Starter
Red Bulls play for their first MLS championship this weekend versus Columbus.

The Red Bulls took on the #1 seeded Houston Dynamo as the wildcard team in the Western conference...Yes...the Western Conference. Wildcard teams are the two best team regardless of conference, and the Redbulls were the last team, thus they played the number 1 team in the league, the Dynamo, 2 time defending champions.

First game at Giant Stadium, Red Bulls scored and looked to leave winners of a 1-0 game when disaster struck and Houston scored in the closing minutes. All seemed lost. Noone is able to defeat Houston at thier home stadium...

Game 2 opens quickly and the NY Red Bulls cruise to a 3-0 victory over the 2-time defending champs.

Next they played Real Salt Lake in a do or die match and came out with a hard fought 1-0 victory.

Now the NY Red Bulls stand one game from their first championship...

th3realicon

Rotation player
And all this happened in a season we lost Reina to retirement and Altidore to Villareal. I got to admit though we did not deserve to win the West. First and foremost we are an EASTERN team. Us being Western conference champions doesn't make sense. The system sucks. Second we deserved to lose against Salt Lake. i mean 3 times Real hit the bar, are you kidding me?

Although i ain't complaining, i was starting to get tired of these 13 years between Metrostars/Red Bulls failures. It feels good to be on the winning side for once though. I am really hopping we win this MLS Cup and give NY the second title in the same Year after the Giants won the SB.

TunerAddict

Starter
And all this happened in a season we lost Reina to retirement and Altidore to Villareal. I got to admit though we did not deserve to win the West. First and foremost we are an EASTERN team. Us being Western conference champions doesn't make sense. The system sucks. Second we deserved to lose against Salt Lake. i mean 3 times Real hit the bar, are you kidding me?

Although i ain't complaining, i was starting to get tired of these 13 years between Metrostars/Red Bulls failures. It feels good to be on the winning side for once though. I am really hopping we win this MLS Cup and give NY the second title in the same Year after the Giants won the SB.

Hey man, I'll take what we can get in regard to the Real game.

And yeah, I know about the whole Reina and Altidore.

I've always loved Dane Richards...Guy is the fastest in the league. I'm hoping he can set something up in the champ game.

Ever been to a game? Went to the one versus the Galaxy last year with David Beckham. Shit was intense.

Soccer/Football is my favorite sport. Watch it all the time. Kinda want my team to be successful, which they've seldom been.

th3realicon

Rotation player
If you are referring to the crazy 5-4 win for us, than yeah mate we have been in the same stadium. :D

I've also been in many other games. I recall one in particular. It was a double header actually. The first game was a friendly between England and Colombia which ended with a 3-2 England win. Owen scored all 3 England's goals. Thank the Metros played the Fire and won with a fantastic performance by then captain and ex French great Youri Djorkaef. ;)

TunerAddict

Starter
Sad loss today.....

Yes it was that crazy 5-4 game....

JP might be gone....Gonna have to use whats left of that transfer money from Jozy to replace him...

Thierry Henry said he loves NY and would like to play her at the end of is career...Hope thats soon...

th3realicon

Rotation player
Sorry arses, after the tying goal they lasted only 2 minutes. I am depressed right now. I think we outplayed the Crew in the first but couldn't capitalize from it. Than we got under a goal after that counterattack.

Our defense was a joke. We couldn't stop jack. If JPA leaves i am hearing rumors that Del Piero would like to come to NY. I really don't think Henry or him can save this franchise. We need to built a solid team and than get a superstar wild card player.

It will be sad to see Angel go though.