View Poll Results: What do you think of Zach's time with NY?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great player, Great time

8 47.06%
  • Didn't fit

7 41.18%
  • Fat

2 11.76%
  • Hate him

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zach Randolph Tribute

Off Topic Zach Randolph Tribute

As we all know, Zach Randolph was traded to the LA Clippers....

in this thread, I will talk about ZBO's life.. and please put any comments on zach in this thread... I'll do a Crawford tribute thread next

Zach Randolph

07-08 with Knicks

17.6 PPG 10.6 RPG

08-09 with Knicks

20.5 PPG 12.5 RPG

High school career

Randolph grew up in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and attended [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], where his coach was Moe Smedley. Zach was mentored by Craig Moore, a teacher at Marion, since he was 12. They are still great friends today. As a sophomore, he helped lead the Marion Giants to the class 4A championship game. As a senior, he again led his team to the state championship game in which Marion High School won its seventh state basketball championship. He finished second in Indiana's 'Mr. Basketball' voting that year, closely behind [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], who coincidentally played for the team that the Giants beat in the state championship game that year and would later become Randolph's teammate with the Knicks.

College career

As a high school senior, Randolph agreed to attend and play basketball for the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], coached by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. His teammates at MSU included [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. After his freshman season he entered the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

NBA career

Portland

He was drafted by the Blazers in the first round (19th overall) in 2001. He plays the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] position. In 2004 he won the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], after which he signed a 6-year, 84-million dollar extension with the Blazers. Randolph averaged 23.6 points and 10.1 rebounds per game in the 2006-07 season, which was cut short in March of 2007 due to a hand injury. In his final game as a Trail Blazer, he had 43 points and 17 rebounds.

New York

On June 28, 2007, Randolph, along with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and draft rights to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], were traded to the Knicks in a draft day deal for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], and a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</sup> On July 2, 2007, Randolph was introduced at a press conference in New York<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</sup>, where he revealed he will wear the jersey #50.

LA Clippers

On [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], he was traded to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] along with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in exchange for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].<sup id="cite_ref-2" class="reference">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</sup> Randolph led the Knicks with 20.5 points and 12.5 rebounds.

From wikipedia

<table class="infobox vcard" style="float: right; margin-left: 1em; width: 22em; font-size: 90%; clear: right;" cellspacing="3"><tbody><tr><th style="text-align: right;">Position</th> <td class="role">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> </tr> <tr> <th style="text-align: right;">Height</th> <td>6 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 9 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (2.06 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])</td> </tr> <tr> <th style="text-align: right;">Weight</th> <td>260 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (117.9 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])</td> </tr> <tr> <th style="text-align: right;">League</th> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> </tr> <tr> <th style="text-align: right;">Team</th> <td class="org">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> </tr> <tr> <th style="text-align: right;">Born</th> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (age 27)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> </tr> <tr> <th style="text-align: right;">Nationality</th> <td>USA</td> </tr> <tr> <th style="text-align: right;">High school</th> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> </tr> <tr> <th style="text-align: right;">College</th> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> </tr> <tr> <th style="text-align: right;">Draft</th> <td>19th overall, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> </tr> <tr> <th style="text-align: right;">Pro career</th> <td>2001present</td> </tr> <tr style="padding: 1em; vertical-align: top;"> <th style="text-align: right;">Former teams</th> <td>Portland Trail Blazers (2001-2007)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (2007-2008)</td> </tr> <tr style="padding: 1em; vertical-align: top;"> <th style="text-align: right;">Awards</th> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> </tr> <tr style="padding: 1em; vertical-align: top;"> <th style="text-align: right;">Official profile</th> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td></tr></tbody></table>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lv2Pr7Z1D0M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lv2Pr7Z1D0M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rYY338_JgvI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rYY338_JgvI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/USAj3hCYfUY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/USAj3hCYfUY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ybM4U8ylv8g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ybM4U8ylv8g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oT0_Q1fcKyA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oT0_Q1fcKyA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Zach, GOOD LUCK IN LA!!

I know zach only played a year and two thirds of a month, and he didnt play any defense but I've always recognized his talent. Hes really about 6'8, he cant jump, but somehow manages to score 20 points and hes a reboundin machine. If only he was more committed to defense and being a team player...At times i saw some effort on defense, but he was far from consistent. I wouldnt hesitate this make this trade myself...actually, i woulda tried to get a draft pick outta them. Ill miss zachs post moves and his rebounding. I wish him good luck in LA and i will watch the clippers.

Great thread, Zach is a very good player, just not for us at this time. I hope he does well in LA. He's number 50 though, not 40.

I wish him the best of luck, I really like his style of play, and he always delivered his numbers with the Knicks.
    Farewell Zach!

Nyk Logo

Zach, your time in NY is over, and its sad to see ya go, but you were a good player for the majority of the time you were here. This season so far i felt that you were our best player and i wish ya good luck in LAC!

Yeah I'm gonna miss Zach.. just like Marbury said when we got him, he was a beast, and this year i felt he really started fitting in well with the team concept, he wasnt hoggin the ball and actualy had a couple of assists in games.. Kinda sad to see him go, but Good Luck ZBO enjoy Cali!!

KnicksonLIN.com

After Starbury, Z-BO was my favorite player on the Knicks. I'm disappointed that he got traded, but I guess Donnie Walsh doesn't care about winning. Good luck to Randolph in LA. He sure as hell is going to need it. The Clippers are 2-9. Baron Davis and Marcus Camby don't seem to be helping them.

2007 - 2008

hey! can i get a mod to delete that?? thanks. I said no negative crap here... it's a tribute

hows it negative you faggot! Im tributing him you piece of ****! **** you!

and look what your 500th post was! LMAO

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    hows it negative you faggot! Im tributing him you piece of ****! **** you!
    Damn, you killed JPZ 17!

That was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Lighten up!

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

good luck Z-Bo you played your best this year even after this offseason when you were almost traded twice and still played out of your mind and it showed i gained respect for you and wish you the best..

lota people like ZBO... very interesting!!