D'antoni says Steph refused to play

tiger0330

Legend
I was wondering why D'antoni didn't play Steph since they were so shorthanded. Thought it was D'ants decision but turns out Steph was offered 35 minutes today, he refused to play. What an ass, just wants to
sit on his ass and make that big money. Starbury sux, don't know what the guys that are all over his nuts see in him, he's the ultimate prima donna.

Starks

Starter
CONFIRMED. Marbury and the Knicks have no relationship at all. Time to stop bring his name up on this site fellas. That's coming from Mr. Marbury himself

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't blame Marbury for not playing. He has no security with this team. The Knicks are dying to get rid of him. Why should he play where he's not wanted? If Mike D'Antoni really wanted Marbury to play, he would have let him play at the start of the season. Marbury had the right attitute, coming into this season. He was even willing to play behind Chris Duhon, and D'Antoni still refused to play him. Now D'Antoni has to figure out how he's going to win with this horrible lineup of scrubs.

JRG3

Benchwarmer
SO Marbury isnt that dumb i guess...why play for an organization that dosnt want you. if i was him i would have went on the coart and threw the ball in the stands. Good for STEPH

tiger0330

Legend
I don't blame Marbury for not playing. He has no security with this team. The Knicks are dying to get rid of him. Why should he play where he's not wanted? If Mike D'Antoni really wanted Marbury to play, he would have let him play at the start of the season. Marbury had the right attitute, coming into this season. He was even willing to play behind Chris Duhon, and D'Antoni still refused to play him.

he plays because its his job and he's making 20m and he's playing for his next contract and team. How do you think the other 29 GMs are going to feel about him. Typical of his fan club to say he was right.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
he plays because its his job and he's making 20m and he's playing for his next contract and team. How do you think the other 29 GMs are going to feel about him. Typical of his fan club to say he was right.
Marbury was right, and you know it. You could say it's his job all you want, but you know very well that Marbury was very cooperative with D'Antoni, in the preseason. Even though he was playing behind that scrub, Duhorne, he didn't complain and he just kept playing. But D'Antoni decided Marbury wasn't in his plans, so he put him on the inactive list.

portega1968

El Cacique
if you agree with DAntoni benching Marbury from the outset, then you have to agree with Steph not wanting to play. I mean, you cant come now and bash Steph for not wanting to play, its contradictory.

Thing is, DAntoni had to dress Marbury and cause he knows how shit goes down, he told Steph he could play. But this was obviously a courtesy cause of the situation (and there's anoher game tomorrow). Deep down DAntoni didnt want Steph to say yes. And Steph knows it and just wasnt gonna go in there and feed the drama. Cause if he did play and did good, then we'd start to argue about how he helps this team. If he didnt play good, then wed still argue. If he didnt play, we are arguing anyway.

Fukkk this shit. I agree with the Knicks moving beyond Steph cause I agree with handing this team over to the young guys until we get to the summer of 2010. So I agree with Steph not wanting to play with a team which he's no longer regardless of the slow crawl for the paperwork to get done.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Marbury was right, and you know it. You could say it's his job all you want, but you know very well that Marbury was very cooperative with D'Antoni, in the preseason. Even though he was playing behind that scrub, Duhorne, he didn't complain and he just kept playing. But D'Antoni decided Marbury wasn't in his plans, so he put him on the inactive list.

abcd jus shut up. this it s knicks forum not a marbury forum. it s there anything wrong in your oppinion that marbury can ever do? i think he look like jesus to you. dantoni said he dont want to play marbury garbage time but if a situation arise that he can give him substantial time he will play him. so tonight he offered him 30-35 min and marbury did what he does best. so althogh i like him talent wise i'll say fk him send him home for good.
before i wanted knicks to give him a buyout so he can play somewhere else but after tonight i think he dont want to play.so let him sit for a year and he will play in italy next year.

tiger0330

Legend
Technically, he should be fined for refusing to play...From a contractual standpoint.

good point about the contract. Starbury pulls that contract sh!! all the time when he says he won't take a cent less than the Knicks owe him in a buyout. D'ants won't press the issue, the new guys will be here in a few days.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I like that decision by Marbs...i gained more respect for him after today...when the Knicks were playing with full rosters everyday and left him hanging and did him like Jerome James and D'Antoni refused to play him...now under these conditions when they need him he simply said no i dont wanna play...i see that as the best way to get back at them he said **** you suck my dick and watched them get mercilessly beaten-although that loss pissed me off-

this definetly ends his knick career were gotta move on now.

GetRealistic

Starter
So you gained respect for a guy that bailed on his teammates. He can hate D'Antoni and he can hate Walsh but he bailed on his teammates. He left hes teammates high and dry to playing with only 7 players. I guess thats how he proves once and for all hes a bad teammate.

Also this really makes his free agency value sky rocket after hearing this nonsense do you really think any team is going to touch him.

And honestly what can this guy do to make you not like him. He gets paid 40 million dollars and hes a changed man whose done all the right things yet he refuses to play. This guy can just do no wrong to you people huh.

GetRealistic

Starter
If you listened to the press conference D'Antoni said he had 30 to 35 minutes of time available now that Jamal is gone. He didn't say just for tonight he said period.

New New York

Quiet Storm

co-sign

What he couldve accomplished tonight was showing that he can put his ego behind him and help the team that is paying him 20 million. If I'm another GM in the league and Steph plays tonight that would say that he would do whatever for the good of the team he is on, tonight he showed that if things arent going his way, then he shuts down. He states time and time again that he has "earned" every penny owed to him, but refusing to play tonight shows anything but. What Steph has yet to realize in his 10 or so years as a pro is that it is not his job to dictate his own playing time and the number of shots he gets.

Stop crying Steph your job is to play basketball for the team that pays you, if they want to play you for 48 minutes or once every 48 games, your job is to be ready. Malik hated his playing time situation last year and probably this year too but he was out there tonight.

Now I ask if you are Steph's Union rep arent you just pulling your hair out about his refusel to play tonight. Steph just gave Donnie Walsh every reason tonight not pay him all his money owed and made his rep's argument for all his money nearly impossible rationalize.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
So you gained respect for a guy that bailed on his teammates. He can hate D'Antoni and he can hate Walsh but he bailed on his teammates. He left hes teammates high and dry to playing with only 7 players. I guess thats how he proves once and for all hes a bad teammate.

Also this really makes his free agency value sky rocket after hearing this nonsense do you really think any team is going to touch him.

And honestly what can this guy do to make you not like him. He gets paid 40 million dollars and hes a changed man whose done all the right things yet he refuses to play. This guy can just do no wrong to you people huh.

i didnt gain respect for that i gained respect for the fact that he wouldnt lose his pride and dignity its obvous they need him not want him...their desperate...but when he was there and good to go the left him high and dry and did him like Jerome James...and i agree he hurt his teammates while getting back at D'Antoni and that wasnt too cool but w.e we should move on now and get Ewing Jr a locker.

GetRealistic

Starter
Hate to repost 3 times. But he also just got himself suspended from the team or just told to go home, because now the Knicks have cause to say hes determental to the team because he refused to play.

Now if i'm the Knicks i let him sit at home all year long.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
what's the difference? if he's at home or on the bench. shit i'd rather make him sit there and watch him not play then let him go home; unless he takes less money..the team is going in a different direction, we don't want him, so i don't blame him for not playing..perhaps just for the love of the game he would have jumped at the chance but he doesn't care enough

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Hate to repost 3 times. But he also just got himself suspended from the team or just told to go home, because now the Knicks have cause to say hes determental to the team because he refused to play.

Now if i'm the Knicks i let him sit at home all year long.

just buy him out better for us to move on and him to move on as well

WVKnickfan

Rotation player

I agree with you 110% on this!! Pukebury,did throw his team under the bus,he did leave them out to dry.I can't wait until the jerk is gone b/c he does'nt care if he wins or not...All he cares about is the money and it proved that tonight.It will be very interesting to see what his teamates say about his stubburness and no loyalty to them.It will also be very interesting to see if the Pukemury fans stay around on the site and prove that they are REAL Knick fans or go wereever Pukebry goes.