D'antoni says Steph refused to play

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Checkmate

Let's see, metrofag: you're a lot shorter than me: shorties in the picture had like 5 inches on you, have no originality, no style, definitely can't match me financially. You write like a retarded pre-schooler, so you're definitely not as intelligent. You probably never left the state, let alone the country, so you live in what's essentially a habitat made up of the hood and internet. You're the first Puerto Rican I've seen with a hook nose, definitely not from my part of the island.

You should just shut up, with your faggoty ass comebacks. You're a loser, will always be one, except in the eyes of your teenage KO followers. I, on the other hand, have the respect of real people, with real accomplishments, in their own right. You're an immature little ho, talking about what you look like. Son, women don't care about what you look like, only faggots like you do. Women find me attractive, I bag 'em up, and I don't give a fug what you think, you're nobody.

Now live with that, bitch.

metrocard

Legend
Staying true to the name, SpursFag4Life.
You know whats funny and true?
Spurs are so boring, that even their own fans spend more time focusing on other teams than their own.
More epic failure than SpursFag4Life's day of birth.

OGKnickfan, te jodiste pai jajajajaa..q clase de marcion eres...

ejjejeeje como dice la cancion ....Potosino es tremenda bellaca se pasa todo el dia saboriando matraca...chinga en los partys chinga en los montes donde quiere q se lo monten ....jajajajajaj el tipo es hermfordita tiene un bibcho chiquito y una tremenda crica

eres un maricon...aceptalo...¿tu no hablas Español? y nadie sabe que tú eres puertorriqueño......ajjaja.

Fatman.
You stay.
sweating my pics.
But yet to provide any photos of the shorties your banging or your 200 pound beer belly with man titties.

Do me a favor.
Feel your titties.
Feel the softness on your chest.
Feel that fat cushion.
Now turn to your soft rectus abdominis area.
Concentrate on the core weakness you have that will allow me to kill you with one body blow from the well train weapon you can call my right fist.

You're not built for me, be real. Akamu made you amateur, what makes you think you could step up to me?

Only thing you can prove is that you're a fake wanna be Rican who scopes out other dude's photos and is too ugly/out of shape/unimpressed with himself to post his own.

Keep calling yourself attracting and ignore how retardedly depressed you sound and how much lack of self esteem you show.

You're giving us a lot of laughs with all these imaginary friends and hos you got in your "life", sigue man.

Kiyaman

Legend
I was wondering why D'antoni didn't play Steph since they were so shorthanded. Thought it was D'ants decision but turns out Steph was offered 35 minutes today, he refused to play. What an ass, just wants to
sit on his ass and make that big money. Starbury sux, don't know what the guys that are all over his nuts see in him, he's the ultimate prima donna.

I been listening to Sports news all morning..... I hav'nt heard that Marbury refused to play....but I hope it is true b/c someone need to shuuut all over Dantoni to let him know he's in New York Now...

Kiyaman

Legend
shit for 21.9 million dollars...if I'm running the show I say I don't give a rats ass if your feelings are hurt, it's your damn job to play basketball and I'm demanding you to suit and play. If not, get the hell outa my face. Your fired.

Great Point. What are we forgetting here? politic-ing.... Marbury is his own agent and could pull this stunt for 2 to 3 straight games untill an agreement is met with him, Walsh, and Dantoni. And nine out of ten.... Mills or Dolan will be present at this meeting to confirm the agreement that is met.
We are talking about a $22M product that Dantoni upset.

It's called POLITIC-ING!!!

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Mira, en primer lugar, marica, cuando tu pare du chupar le el bicho a tu marido, msg33, entonces hablamos de quien es maricon.

Secondly, faggotcard, you don't know nothing about me, you mom does, but that's another story, between her, me and the drycleaner's.

And again, bitch, I have nothing to prove to you, and I feel no need to. Case closed, move on.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Mebury refused to play. Yesterday was a day of celebration for Knick fans, and Mebury ruins it again.

What the hell is wrong with Cancerburians? They whine and bitch at D'Antoni for not playing him, then when D'Antoni gives him a chance to play and prove everyone wrong, Mebury refuses and Cancerburians bitch at D'Antoni again and say Mebury was right for not playing. When they thought D'Antoni didn't let Mebury play, Mike D was wrong and Mebury was right, then when they find out that it was Mebury who didn't want to play, D'Antoni was wrong for disrespecting him and Mebury was right for taking a stand. Completely hypocrtical.

I think Cancerburians are finally beginning to see they lost and are desperately clinging to anything. It must be difficult to realize your hero is a loser.

Marbury Given Chance to Play, but Declines
By HOWARD BECK
Published: November 21, 2008

MILWAUKEE — Their roster depleted by trades and injuries, the Knicks finally needed Stephon Marbury to play Friday night. But when they asked, Marbury refused, driving a deeper wedge between him and Coach Mike D’Antoni.

The Knicks had only eight players healthy and present for their game against the Milwaukee Bucks — the minimum number allowed under N.B.A. rules. Marbury had to dress just to avoid a forfeit.

D’Antoni offered Marbury more than that. After the Knicks traded guard Jamal Crawford and two other players in the afternoon, D’Antoni said he approached Marbury and offered him 30 to 35 minutes of playing time. Marbury, who had spent 10 straight games on the inactive list, declined.

“When the trades went down this afternoon, I said, ‘Look Steph, one of the principals are gone, Jamal Crawford. There’s 30-35 minutes out there, and they’re yours if you want them. Are you ready to go?’ ” D’Antoni said.

According to D’Antoni, Marbury replied that he “wasn’t comfortable with the situation, and he did not want to play. So at that point, I go, ‘O.K., that’s your decision, and that’s fine.’ That’s it.”

The Knicks kept the game close for one half Friday but fatigue set in and they were routed, 104-87, and fell to 6-6.

D’Antoni seemed perturbed by Marbury’s decision. For the first time, he referred to the Marbury saga as a distraction.

Marbury was vague, but he did not deny D’Antoni’s version of the events.

“The only thing I’m at liberty to say is that I was told that they were moving forward and” — Marbury then took a long pause — “I’m not the person that chooses who plays and who doesn’t. That’s the only thing that I’m able to say.”

Asked if he refused to play, Marbury repeated, “That’s the only thing that I’m able to say.”

The consequences of Marbury’s refusal are not yet clear. D’Antoni said he did not consider it insubordination and insisted, “I’m not mad at Steph; I understand.”

But the episode might prompt team officials to banish Marbury from games and practices until his fate is settled. Marbury has had preliminary talks with the team president Donnie Walsh about a buyout, but no deal is imminent.

Marbury has been fuming since opening night, when he was on the active roster but did not play. He went on the inactive list two nights later — at his own request, according to D’Antoni — and remained there until Friday.

“I thought it was an opportunity for him to play, and I was kind of hoping,” D’Antoni said. “But at the same time, there’s consideration of a lot of guys in that locker room that are giving their hearts out. And those are the guys that I’m going to go on with, and those are the guys that I’m going to love, and those are the guys that are going to compete every night.”

Last edited:
Mebury refused to play. Yesterday was a day of celebration for Knick fans, and Mebury ruins it again.

What the hell is wrong with Cancerburians? They whine and bitch at D'Antoni for not playing him, then when D'Antoni gives him a chance to play and prove everyone wrong, Mebury refuses and Cancerburians bitch at D'Antoni again and say Mebury was right for not playing. When they thought D'Antoni didn't let Mebury play, Mike D was wrong and Mebury was right, then when they find out that it was Mebury who didn't want to play, D'Antoni was wrong for disrespecting him and Mebury was right for taking a stand. Completely hypocrtical.

I think Cancerburians are finally beginning to see they were wrong about Mebury and are desperately clinging to anything. It must be difficult to realize your hero is a loser.

They will never see it, its been in front of their faces for years and they never saw it. Proof by these retarded posts.

Hey Starburian's ask yourself 1 question and leave all the pride BS,gurenteed contract stuff off to the side..... pretend for a second your a man with a job, if you go to work and just take a seat and do nothing and your boss walks over to you and tells you to do some work and you tell him No.......what happens?

Why do you beleive that basic morals or values shouldn't have to pertain to Steph? You guy's are willing to admit he is human right?

I think Cancerburians are finally beginning to see they lost and are desperately clinging to anything. It must be difficult to realize your hero is a loser.

Are you really trying to obsolve D'amphony from any blame at all?

naterob4

Benchwarmer
I'm a little upset about this really. Steph is one of my favorite players and i the fact taht he hasnt played this year is a horrible move by our coach. But he was asked to play and i dont understand why he wouldnt get back out on the court, not even for his fans and teamates? I can understand hating danphony but why not prove a point and play hard for a night, if he did 1 step better then horrible danphony would have no choice but to give him minutes. Seems like steph enjoys watching us get our asses kicked and it sucks to see him act like that. Buttt dude is still the shit and will always be one of my favorites starbury forever.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
This would be a great forum if it wasn't for all the time wasted arguing about on an overpaid and overrated player that is past his prime and totally irrelevant to the Knicks future.

Jesus Christ people, his career here is over and amounted to nothing but aggrevation, distraction, and losing (even last night on one of the biggest trade days in Knicks history he's the story).

It really doesn't matter how good he was/is and whose fault it was that the Knicks and pretty much every other team he was ever on sucked.

IT'S OVER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GROW UP AND MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
You people don't really know what you're talking about. Sure, Marbury's rich, etc., etc., but he's a human being, not a door mat. Why would he play for a coach who's jerked him around, promising to give him a chance to play, when he clearly wasn't serious about it? Why would he play for a guy that tosses out two of his long time teammates, during a successful stretch, for a possible, not even likely, chance at Lebron, two years down the road? Marbury wasn't even asking to start, from what I understand, he just wanted playing time.

If D'Antoni had shown Marbury the respect to tell him that he wanted to go in a new direction, from day one, I would have been okay with it. But, to manipulate and play with Marbury's head, is wrong and, though Marbury sat on the bench quietly, is the reason why Marbury's had what is clearly a month or two of animosity towards D'Antoni.

Was it the right thing to do, on Marbury's part? No. Clearly, he should have suited up, supported his teammates. However, when one is in a situation that's not treated with professionalism, sensitivity or respect, there's a big chance one might act rashly, out of anger and frustration. Marbury is only human. If you've seen people lash out their bosses, authority figures, etc., you should understand where he's coming from. I know I do.

And about Lebron, and the possibility that he might be the Knicks' saviour, that stinks of Isiah-ology: the belief that getting big names is going to equate with success. You don't get better by just going out there and signing big names, you get better by studying prospects carefully, finding a combination of smart veterans and hungry new talent. Along the way, some get waived and some are kept, until you end up with something like what Chicago or Orlando have. This idea that you can buy success has been proven wrong, at least in the NBA. If you look at the Spurs, Nets, Chicago, Orlando, Detroit, Philly, and lots of the other successful teams, they've proved that. They got to where they are slowly, by drafting and signing players intelligently.

I dont want to say nothing about your way of thinking becouse well ...it s yours. But you got to look no further than the celtics (tehy signed 2 stars KG and R A) last year or miami before that(Shaq) and they went from the bottom to the top in only one year. Of the other teams you mention let see:

Spurs had robinsson and they suck till they drafted a superstar (Tim D)

Nets suck till they got kidd and the suck now

Detroit were not a very good ( just good)team till they got rasheed

Orlando made the final when they drafted shaq after he left they went south again

Philly went to the final with the best lil man that ever played(witch they drafted few yars back)

So knicks can get championship caliber after 2010 with their cap space.
They can sign 2 superstars now and that should do it. It's not only about lebron cus there are many more out there that year.
Just to mention few Amare Stoudomire, Chris Bosh, D-Wade, Dirk Nowintzky, Joe Johnnson,

metrocard

Legend
Mira, en primer lugar, marica, cuando tu pare du chupar le el bicho a tu marido, msg33, entonces hablamos de quien es maricon.

Secondly, faggotcard, you don't know nothing about me, you mom does, but that's another story, between her, me and the dry cleaner's.

And again, bitch, I have nothing to prove to you, and I feel no need to. Case closed, move on.

You sound mad with yourself.
Insecure.
Sigue.

King Ewing

Banned
The great part about this is the Marbury lovers will never win. Mebury is done in NY, so hopefully they all move on with him. Please go with him guys, please.

When a guy is making 20 mil a year, it dosnt matter whats going on. When he's asked to play, he plays. When he's not, he dosnt. END OF STORY!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
WOW!! I didnt even think people would look at it like this. So it starts off with everyone on the team having a clean slate, including marbury. If you think crawford is better then marbury, go play in traffic. So D'antoni chooses not to play marbury, embarrassing him in the home opener. He didnt say anything before the game to him....he handled it in an unprofessional manner. Marbury has been very professional through all of this. And then when D'antoni goes crying to marbury, sayin he wants him to play...yall expect marbury to say yes after being told that hes not playing because hes not part of the future? Im actually suprised....but i guess i shouldnt be.

I skimmed through this thread real quick, saw my name brought up. Im not even gonna tell what yall can do....i gonna let cam tell yall

http://www.u-mad.org/haterz.html

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
And D'antoni said in the interview that he likes marbury. I think even he understands his mistakes, but dudes are so quick to hate.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I actually read through all of those posts. You guys are nuts. This shit never changes. In the eyes of Marbury supporters the man can do no wrong. Those that think Marbury is a cancer see this move a reinforcement of that opinion. Regardless of how you feel about Marbury, his failure to make the righteous decision and play proves he's done with the Knicks, maybe even in the league. No one wants a player like that. You guys can keep arguing, bitching and moaning, but the fact is regardless of why the coach decided not to play your favorite player, it's the coaches decision on who will and will not play, and that's the bottom line. Doesn't bother me that Steph didn't play because I want to see him gone and this only ensures that he's out. What the hell is everyone still talking about?

Last edited:

grimjay

Rookie
I'm not fan of Marb but this time Marb is right.

First of all, coach D should not ask. It's like gf dumped me and ask to go party couple of weeks later because of current body couldn't go.
Aren't you? Some posters said do as professional but organization didn't treat you as professionally buy why would you.

If Coach D ask for normal game, then I have to agree to bash Marb. But play susbstitue player while shortage of trading moments? Hell NO!!!

Last edited: