"Guests who view the site"

Nogi

Rookie
To be honest I nearly didn't register because as a GUEST the forum icon shows the forums as
forum_old_lock.gif
"Forum is Closed for Posting."

And even when you do register like I have now, the forum padlock icons is still on all the forums.

The forum being Closed is quite different to the forum being limited for new users so I suggest the site change the description or clearly make it known the locks are there for new users and not for good.

The site looks closed from the outside to me.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Good call. I've updated the welcome message so guests should now have a clue about how we run things here.

Thanks for the note!

Laker fan here.

I registered on KO because Ronny is still one of my favorite players in the league.

I really hope you guys get Melo next year.

What do I need to do to gain access to the rest of the site?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
is it 5 or 8 posts? i still get the "you do not have permission to access this page" message. :(

Isn't it more simple to just add meaningful replies to existing threads then adding consecutive posts complaining about stuff? Where's all the rush? The system updates your status once you reach 5 posts but it might not be happening instantly.

Users like you make me rethink the whole membership process, to extend the Lurker status to 50 posts before getting full access. Most of the new members that complain about not being able to start new threads once they registered are the same users that spam the board and the other users via pm, or start new threads on topics already being opened.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
hi guys long time knick fan.......... just join after reading about thomas coming back and needed to vent.... love what im seeing here will be hanging around:thumbsup:

I was one of those guys....just sneaking around reading some of the threads, but not participating. NOw I've decided to register and become a member of KO. Glad that you started this thread, was a kick up the A** :afro:

sboyd79

Rookie
Being from Scotland its just really Lakers & Bulls fans you get. I love NYC and I love the Knicks so iv changed from Guest to User.:gony:

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
Yeah about posting the 5 comments, i've done that already yet im still a lurker and i cant make threads or use the PM system. Help?

Knicks#7

Rookie
I am another one, I have been reading the posts for many years. It's gonna be fun giving my opinions and seeing what you guys think. I am excited now that I have joined, but hate that we don't have a season to speak of at the moment.True fan, need defense

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
@Newposters good to have you on the board brothers. We talk alot of crazy stuff but anything real usually will be seen on this forums first. #knicks

@knicksfan4life_ twitter