Steve Nash, your 2010 starting PG?

metrocard

Legend
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/11/22/20081122spt-nbainsider.html
Steve Nash to the Knicks?
by Paul Coro - Nov. 22, 2008 07:17 PM
The Arizona Republic
This is The Republic's NBA Insider column for Sunday, Nov. 23.

Nineteen months. That is how long you can expect to hear speculation about Steve Nash winding up with the New York Knicks.

Nash already had an off-season home in New York, participated in Manhattan soccer leagues and has a love for a city that can foster his filmmaking and satisfy his cultural interests.

Then Mike D'Antoni, and the system that fit Nash, went to New York, leaving him grappling for a way to thrive with a new coach and in a new offense.

I didn't know Nash has such a boner for NYC.

Whether you guys like Nash or not, he'll never lose his skill and will still be a productive player and one of the better PG's in the NBA when he becomes 36.

Nash
Chandler
Lebron
Gallinari
Bosh

something like that.
I like that.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
That lineup will be sick! I could be the PG with Lebron and Bosh and win 45+ games! Nash would just be icing on the cake.

GetRealistic

Starter
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/11/22/20081122spt-nbainsider.html

I didn't know Nash has such a boner for NYC.

Whether you guys like Nash or not, he'll never lose his skill and will still be a productive player and one of the better PG's in the NBA when he becomes 36.

Nash
Chandler
Lebron
Gallinari
Bosh

something like that.
I like that.

I give full approval to that lineup. Throw in the resigning of Nate and the possible resigning of Lee with the addition of this years first round pick and i'd take our chances at making a long run at multiple championships.

Its a pipe dream but what better tutor for Rubio or Jennings than Nash for two years.

richtree

Rotation player
Nash is always playin soccer in the park leagues in nyc...

I became friendly with the manager at the Ganservoort Hotel(spelling sucks)

and Nash is chillin there on the rooftop lounge and all ....

my problem is ...he game is starting to decline...

I'm afraid his game is gonna be like Jason Kidds ..(depleted) by that time...

only way is if he takes pay cut...and there are a couple stars around him

? I D K ?

nash....don't really think hes a good fit....unless its for cheap

--p

richtree

clumsy

Rotation player
I give full approval to that lineup. Throw in the resigning of Nate and the possible resigning of Lee with the addition of this years first round pick and i'd take our chances at making a long run at multiple championships.

Its a pipe dream but what better tutor for Rubio or Jennings than Nash for two years.

you do realize there is a salary cap right.....i don't see us resigning lee, i see him as being shipped somewhere with curry but we will prob resign nate

JayJ44

Starter
We'll have to see if he can still play in 2 years. Some age well like John Stockton, others decline quickly like Kidd. We'll have to see, but it doesn't sound like a bad idea.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Nash could be coming here next year if he opts out. It'll be hot if comes to ny a year before lebron so he could help the youngsters develop their game quicker.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Steve Nash is going to be old, in 2010. I'm all for signing him, but for no more than 3 years.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Look we could have him as early as next season. The Suns owner is the exact opposite to Dolan when it comes to spending so imagine if The Suns get bounced from the playoffs in the first round, Steve Nash and his agent may be able to convince them not to pick up the option on his final year which would save The Suns millions in luxary tax. We could get Nash for the MLE and dead the notion that we are not looking to win until atleast 2010. Next year's lineup could be

Nash
Q
Wilson
Harrington
Lee

Nate
Duhon (Mike D gets his ideal PG tandem)
Galanari
Thomas
Mobley
Jefferies

A playoff team in The East and a team that would be attractive to Free Agents.

I tell You New England had it's run in sports. But The Giants,The Jets,The Mets and eventually The Knicks are going to bring the crowns back to NY!

th3realicon

Rotation player
The Mets? You meant to say the Yankees. :D
And than if the Nets move to B'klyn than we will have 2 great basketball teams. The Knicks being number one of course.

Look we could have him as early as next season. The Suns owner is the exact opposite to Dolan when it comes to spending so imagine if The Suns get bounced from the playoffs in the first round, Steve Nash and his agent may be able to convince them not to pick up the option on his final year which would save The Suns millions in luxary tax. We could get Nash for the MLE and dead the notion that we are not looking to win until atleast 2010. Next year's lineup could be

Nash
Q
Wilson
Harrington
Lee

Nate
Duhon (Mike D gets his ideal PG tandem)
Galanari
Thomas
Mobley
Jefferies

A playoff team in The East and a team that would be attractive to Free Agents.

I tell You New England had it's run in sports. But The Giants,The Jets,The Mets and eventually The Knicks are going to bring the crowns back to NY!

haha yea dat guy is cheap, he gave away kurt thomas nd draft picks jst to stay under the luxury tax, but yea bringin nash in wud make us a watchable playoff (6-8 spot) team... nd i cant forget ma jets, though wat happens when favre retires?

god out...

th3realicon

Rotation player
When Favre retires they will go back at being the laughing stock of the city. The team that has no testicular fortitude.

When Favre retires they will go back at being the laughing stock of the city. The team that has no testicular fortitude.

lmao harsh words, but kellen clemens isnt gonna lead any team to victory so ur prob rite, but anywayz im diggin da nash 2 knicks idea, but if we get him we'll let up even more points than we do now lol

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Jets are gonna try to draft pat white or tim tebow so we can have a qb for the future!...back to the knicks...they should get nash next year and also draft a pg (rubio/jennings) that will be able to learn from nash. Then we get rid of the old canadian once he's washed up, say 2012?
I'm also feeling tyson chandler (no homo). He's free 2010 as well. Maybe instead of getting two superstars we could get one and then get two all-stars (jesus and tyson). Our line up could be:

Nash/rubio or jennings
Ray allen/nate
Lebron/el gallo
Wilson chandler/harrington or whomever
Tyson/lee

Think about it...