The Silver Lining:Luckiest Breaks The Knicks have caught

New New York

Quiet Storm
Isiah Thomas has stained our minds with bad news and bad luck for so long it would appear that fate has not been on our side for awhile! But with our two recent trades I was prompted to think about good breaks for us and there has been a few! Here are some in no particular order

1.Spree chokes the hell out of Carlisimo:When it happened I never envisioned it being any benefit to our team. I liked Spree when he was with G-State, but I never thought we had a chance at him and we wouldnt of if PJ didnt piss him off that day, Thanks PJ for being a A-Hole!

2.Jared Jefferies breaks his fibula: Zach only got traded this early in the season because how he produced, I doubt his numbers wouldve looked that good if he came off the bench. Thanks Jefferies for being made of glass!

3.Knicks "lose" The Erik Dampier sweeptstakes: Remember when the big free agent signing was going to Erik Dampier:barf:. Isiah met with him like twice, Allan Houston put in calls to his home, and there was a story adressing it every two days in The Post. We didnt land him, Dallas signed him to a long term deal . The problem is that he averaged 12 pts 12 rebs 1.5 blks the year he was a top free agent, but he hasnt averaged double digits in either category since! Plus that with the 7 year 73 million dollar contract that his agent got for him (and that Isiah would not have passed on) then I gotta say we caught a break in this "loss"! Thanks Mark Cuban and Don Nelson for outwitting Isiah!

4.The Bulls decide to utilize the option to switch picks with us: I gotta admit that when it became apparent that we were not going to have a lottery pick in a strong draft class I was pissed. I was even more pissed when I saw that the Bulls were going to zero in on Jokiam Noah (everyone's favorite college player the past two seasons he played). But Isiah used the Bull's pick to get then unknown Wilson Chandler and the only players picked between 9 and 23 who you could make a case for as for being better is Al Thorton,Thaddeaus Young and Rodney Stuckey and each is debatable. So thanks Bulls for being Greedy and having weak short-sighted scouts!

5.The Knicks completley sucked last season! Isiah won just 33 games, had us in the playoff picture for 1 day and that was in Febuary yet this sucky showing was enough to convince Dolan to extend his contract! So the bar was set pretty low for ol Zeke in his second season as coach, 35 wins means Isiah is still our GM and coach this season and years beyond. But thankfully our team sucked in every way possible. His newly stamped franchise player laid an egg playing along side his prized off season acqusition. We lost big on the court, off the court,and in the papers. Player's fought during games with each other and Isiah. After watching The Knicks for the last 10 games of the season, Donnie stated he thought the team quit on Isiah. And arent we glad they did! Thanks Isiah for last season, it was hard to see then but your plan to get fired so a more talented GM and Coach could come in was Brillant!

Blas

Benchwarmer
I really like this post. This is how I generally view life. Try to find the good out of the bad things.

Sometimes you just cannot do anything about bad things that you have no control over, so what is the point of complaining about it? Find some good in it =)!

We have had a crappy few years as knick fans, but when the good times roll, those good times would not have been possible if those crappy times did not happen ;)

Great post!

Very insightful jeck! I appreciate your reply man, and I agree with your philosophy whole heartedly

good post, numbas 2 and 3 made me feel pretty lucky, imagine a frontcourt of z-bo, curry, nd dampier (ahh it scares me)

but anywayz u shud join team starbury, ull like it

abcd does (rawww)

god out...

Never thought of things like that. it seems like every knicks fan is looking at things a little brighter recently. another change from the isiah era. things are getting different quickly and i love it.