Knicks vs. Nets is "BIG"

WiL8000

Rotation player
This game will be huge. What I'm hoping is that the Nets are over confident after beating the Kings. The Knicks need to have all aspects of their game in check to beat this team. Marbury is going to need to set the tempo, making good passes and taking smart shots when he's open. Our big men must think REBOUNDS! Once again I'm thrilled that Baker is a Knick, in a game like this, he can make a big difference.

jayp

Benchwarmer
we can win this one.. proper execution of the offense and good defense against fast breaks will help stop the nets..

WiL8000

Rotation player
KT has been struggling as of late. They should let Baker play a bit more for this one, along with Nazr. Hopefully they don't run into foul trouble. The next piece of this puzzle is Houston's health.

aaron

Rookie
The knicks need to step up

The knicks really need to come out with a good game against the nets to build some confidence going into the playoffs. The core of the team (marbury, houston, and k. thomas) need to start displaying some consistent leadership performances, as hoping to depend on their other new arrivals, especially baker could prove to be a mistake. Baker has all of the skills to be a helpful addition to any NBA team, but has also shown that he can go from first to worst in no time. The more stress placed on baker, especially in this courting period, could send him back to his only consistency (alcohol).

WiL8000

Rotation player
Aaron, you could be right, but you're probably not. Is there a question of leadership on this team? My answer would yes.

The two obvious players are Marbury and Houston. This team has been Houston's since Ewing departed to the Sonics. This year we have seen a more fragile version of Houston, having problems with his knees.

Houston is one of my favorite players hands down, but I think it's Marbury's team now. At the same time I think Marbury doesn't want to intentionally take the leadership role from Houston, being that Houston was here first.

It's a tough situation, but Marbury really does need to establish himself as the leader of this team. In many ways he does so already, but it has to be made clear by either Wilkens or Thomas that the point guard is leading this team.

As for Baker, don't worry about Baker Aaron, he has no reason to drink anymore cause he's not a Celtic.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Right now we just have to hope for the best with Baker. He can be a tremendous help to the Knicks, without question. I
think that Baker has every chance to succeed here. He has Isiah, whose brother died from alcoholism, and Jim Dolan, a recovering alcoholic, on his team.

If Baker is willing to use them, he can be successful at battling his disease.

The Knicks have a lot of weapons so Baker won't be looked upon to carry the team. He'll be a fourth or fifth option behind Marbury, Houston, TT and KT and even Nazr, if he is the srarter.

Vin can just concentrate on playing his game without pressure.

jayp

Benchwarmer
marbury will eventually become the leader.. for now his focus should be on making good passes and not turn the ball over.. he has been doing that lately and should continue to do it.. steph is a proven scorer so we shouldn't worry about him not taking many shots..

e_D

Benchwarmer
Knicks Vs. Nets

We won! :lol: we didn't really prove much with kidd and martin sitting but.. we won! and we moved a half game ahead of Cleveland for 6th place! Hopefully they'll build some steam now and go on a nice win streak.. and realize their potential.. and start kicking eastern conference ass.

allan20

Benchwarmer
oh, it feels good to be a 6th seed again :)
i have to admit, i was very skeptical about this game, i really didn't expected a win, so i had quite a pleasant surprise when i saw the result.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
It is always good to come out ahead of the Nets!

Too bad Kidd and KMart were ou tcause I wanted to see how NY would respond after Isiah's talk.

I hope that they are full strength on April 2!