View Poll Results: With Randolph and Crawford gone, who's going to lead the Knicks in scoring?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Al Harrington

13 43.33%
  • Nate Robinson

11 36.67%
  • Cuttino Mobley

3 10.00%
  • Tim Thomas

0 0%
  • Quentin Richardson

3 10.00%
  • Chris Duhon

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With Crawford and Randolph gone, who will lead the Knicks in scoring?

Hybrid View

KnicksonLIN.com

Default With Crawford and Randolph gone, who will lead the Knicks in scoring?

Personally, I think Al Harrington is going to lead the Knicks in scoring. Harrington averaged 17 points per game, in the 2004-2005 season and 18 points per game, in the 2005-2006 season.

I think Wilson Chandler will be the second leading scorer, and Tim Thomas will be the 3rd leading scorer.

What do you guys think?

I forgot to put Wilson Chandler on the poll. Sorry about that.

easily al harrington

I think it will be Nate Robinson. He's probably our best shooter, or one of our best, and now that Jamal is gone he should get some more minutes.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    I think it will be Nate Robinson. He's probably our best shooter, or one of our best, and now that Jamal is gone he should get some more minutes.
    Nate Robinson currently leads the team in scoring, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

I'd have to think it'd be Al Harrington but I wouldn't be shocked if Wilson Chandler starts to really progress now...either way I think whoever leads the Knicks in scoring won't lead it by much, prob. a couple guys in the 17-19 ppg range, and a good amount in the 10-16 ppg range...

probably harington bc he's gonna pretty much be zach randolph minus the boards. he's really the biggest guy they got down low now besides lee. im not really firmiliar with his game but I'm pretty sure he can hit the perimeter jumper. so he's probably gonna lead the team with chandler as a close second.

If Nate gets to play crawford's minutes i think he s gonna be our leading scorer. If he's gonna come off the bench then i think it will be Harrington.

Nate average the last 2 games are very solid.

41mpg, 23ppg, 8rpg(wtf..lol), 5apg

You know what... I see a more balanced attack. I don't see a clear cut scoring leader, but I imagine on any given night it will be some one who drops 20+. Were going to have starters who get anywhere between 6 and 26 on any given night and not because of a streak shooting, but because of how our matchups work out. Nate will lead us in scoring off the bench sometimes and occasionally I think Tim Thomas will be one of our leading scorers. It's going to be interesting to see how our points are distributed. But if I had to to choose I guess I would say Al Harrington, I think Wilson will hit a bit of a wall this season since technically it's his rookie season, so I think that could hurt his overall average.

Great Thread ABCD!

Originally Posted by DANUTZ39
    Nate average the last 2 games are very solid.

41mpg, 23ppg, 8rpg(wtf..lol), 5apg
    damn, nates been doing better then i thought and wow on the 5' 9" guard averaging 8rpg lol

Lurker

Hahahahaha

I'm a Warriors fan and have been one for years. I feel very sorry for all of you Knicks fans who think Al is going to be your top scorer, let alone a better defender than Jamal Crawford. Be prepared for a player who will shoot you out of games with poor shot selection, (check his FG%'s) never boxes out his man on the boards(just like Curry), perimeter defense forget about it, is an embarrassing finisher, constantly misses defensive assignments, can't shoot free throws, can't take criticsm, and is one of the most overrated players in the NBA due to the 07 playoffs and the prior 6th man award.

His back was never hurt, he was just too much of a prima donna to play under pressure after being called out as the role player he should be. Sound familiar??? Haha. Crawford is twice the scorer Al is, and his weak defense is something I can live with because we've got excellent young shot blockers to help him out. I wish I could say I feel sorry for you guys, but if you were a Warrior fan like I've been over the last 15 years, it's hard to sympathize with anybody...especially Knicks fans.

I find it hard to believe how much stock you guys are actually putting into landing LeBron. Why would he want to come to such a joke of a team and play under such a tumultuous front office? Why would he do that? The Cav's are winning now, and LeBron's from Akron. I think you Knick fans just have to deal with the fact that LeBron's not your guy, and that Jamal was just about to flourish under D'Antoni. Yes, I'll take his 20 and 6 apg, thanks. Ya'll just been fleeced. THANK YOU!

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by jswinder
    Hahahahaha

I'm a Warriors fan and have been one for years. I feel very sorry for all of you Knicks fans who think Al is going to be your top scorer, let alone a better defender than Jamal Crawford. Be prepared for a player who will shoot you out of games with poor shot selection, (check his FG%'s) never boxes out his man on the boards(just like Curry), perimeter defense forget about it, is an embarrassing finisher, constantly misses defensive assignments, can't shoot free throws, can't take criticsm, and is one of the most overrated players in the NBA due to the 07 playoffs and the prior 6th man award.

His back was never hurt, he was just too much of a prima donna to play under pressure after being called out as the role player he should be. Sound familiar??? Haha. Crawford is twice the scorer Al is, and his weak defense is something I can live with because we've got excellent young shot blockers to help him out. I wish I could say I feel sorry for you guys, but if you were a Warrior fan like I've been over the last 15 years, it's hard to sympathize with anybody...especially Knicks fans.

I find it hard to believe how much stock you guys are actually putting into landing LeBron. Why would he want to come to such a joke of a team and play under such a tumultuous front office? Why would he do that? The Cav's are winning now, and LeBron's from Akron. I think you Knick fans just have to deal with the fact that LeBron's not your guy, and that Jamal was just about to flourish under D'Antoni. Yes, I'll take his 20 and 6 apg, thanks. Ya'll just been fleeced. THANK YOU!
    I agree with you. I don't think Jamal Crawford for Harrington was a good trade, nor do I think Zach Randolph for Cuttino Mobley and Tim Thomas was a good trade.

I don't think Al Harrington is going to help the Knicks win games.

I just think he'll lead the team in scoring, since he's a 10 year veteran and he led the Hawks in scoring on one of his seasons.

I disagree with most of the moves Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni have done so far, but it's not like there's anything I can do about it. I'm just a fan.

P.S. I will tell you this, though. Jamal Crawford ain't all that. His stats are very deceiving. He's a good 3rd option, but his stats make it look like if he's a franchise player. Jamal Crawford never has and never will be a franchise player, because he never plays defense, and his scoring is too inconsistent.

Crawford gets his 20 a game from clutch shooting and 3 pointers that he makes throughout the game.
    He's the kind of player that will score 30 points on 55% shooting, one night, and then 10 points on 25% shooting, the next.

With that being said, the Warriors still win. Al Harringotn isn't as good as Crawford, and he makes the same amount of money per year as Crawford.
    Last edited by abcd; Nov 25, 2008 at 22:47.

Originally Posted by jswinder
    Hahahahaha

You are just a sorry dude who went out of his way (registered)just so you can post your very deep knowledge on this trade.
    You say that jamal is a better defender than harrington.WTF are u talking about, jamal can't defend his shadow let alone other players but i guess you sorry gs fans will see.
    About scoring you just wait and see. jamal scored on this theam only when he was the main option and took half of the team shots in the process.Wait till he s gonna start hoisting some of his ''what he was thinking'' shots. He's not gonna be your first scoring option (see jackson) or second when monta comes back (if he ever will).You will be lucky if he will get 12-13ppg out of him. And since you tell us to check AL FG% you better check JC and let us know what you see. AL carrer fg% .450, 3p% .359 and JC fg%.403, 3p%.358
    and jamal is a shooting guard(pathetic). I mean JC is a good locker room guy and decent player(still no defence) but dont think you got Ray Allen or some
    M. Reed. By the way jamal just scored 9 points for your team tonight in 29 minutes as starter. enough said.
    Then when you talk about the knicks you look even more stupid(saying that on this site) and I cant even lower myself to your level. Go back and be a sorry azz GS fan(for another 15years) and leave this site alone. I ussualy dont use insulting words but you deserve some for sure. So get the fk out of here.

PS. How pathetic is that abcd agreed with this smuck( just because walsh did not made a trade to please him) that only came here to make fun of our team.

Originally Posted by DANUTZ39
    PS. How pathetic is that abcd agreed with this smuck( just because walsh did not made a trade to please him) that only came here to make fun of our team.
    Dude, he wants our team to fail. What do you expect him to say?

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Dude, he wants our team to fail. What do you expect him to say?

I'm sorry TurnerAddict, I agree with them. I stated on the Curry for Harrinton trade thred that Harrington is another Z-Bo (of 07-08) Harrinton has more athletic ability than Z-Bo , but dosen't rebound? Harrington is a chucher like Jamal and Z-Bo except Z-Bo and Crawford are better shooters (beleive it or not) He is a ball hog, demonstrated in his first game here. He plays little to no defense and has no post game. I'm just glad that his contract is up before 2010.

Tim Thomas> Al Harrinton