View Poll Results: With Randolph and Crawford gone, who's going to lead the Knicks in scoring?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Al Harrington

13 43.33%
  • Nate Robinson

11 36.67%
  • Cuttino Mobley

3 10.00%
  • Tim Thomas

0 0%
  • Quentin Richardson

3 10.00%
  • Chris Duhon

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: With Crawford and Randolph gone, who will lead the Knicks in scoring?

I'm willing to bet he will play in the rookie game now

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Its obviously Wilson Chandler.
    Co Sign. I think Harrington is a good player and a nice addition but he's not a big time scorer. He's more of a fill the stat sheet type player.

I'd say Wilson Chandler, but he's not on the list so I would go with Al Harrington.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Chandler might raise his ppg to 20 if e gets enough touhes and shot attempts its not out of the question-he was at 14.2 on Thursday then after 13,and 23 point games its now at 15.3....thats about a point he raised it

Nyk Logo

My vote was for Harrington in that poll, but truly i think it will be W-Chandler. This kid is good and he can shoot the ball without a problem. Lets see how they fair tonight vs King James and the Cavs when they roll into the garden.

no doubt harrington...then chandler...then nate...chandler is a star in the making

I'm the only one who thinks its mobley.. nice

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Chandler and Nate will lead the team in attempted field goals.

If Chandler builds more confidence in his game, he may just come away our scoring leader. He needs to attack the rim more to get better looks from beyond the arc... but he's not in the poll.

On the other hand, with Crawford gone, Nate wil get more minutes even if he's brought off the bench. It's better to have him come off the bench instead of Mobley cause he has more PG skills and thus makes our bench players better. Maybe the first time a sixth man leads a team in points!!!

Harrington will not average more than 20 and at times will struggle in this offense similar to his difficulties playing Nellie Ball. And he's gonna have a hard time staying out of foul trouble guarding bigger men in the middle every night.

QRich will continue to have one 25point game in between a ton of 1-10 performances, so his average will at best be in the middle teens.

Regarding Duhon and Tiny Tim... you gotta be joking right?

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

thats what i wanna see Chandler do more of post up more and drive to the basket he's a little too unselfish...D'Antoni will give him a bigger roll in our offense now with the trades....he gonna score 30+ 2day watch loll

Originally Posted by DANUTZ39
    Nate average the last 2 games are very solid.

41mpg, 23ppg, 8rpg(wtf..lol), 5apg
    damn, nates been doing better then i thought and wow on the 5' 9" guard averaging 8rpg lol

Default I like chandler

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Its obviously Wilson Chandler.
    Originally Posted by donchris
    Agreed. Good post. This is the most realistic scenario. However, if there will be one player to stand out I'm going out on a limb for Wilson Chandler. Let's not forget about his 27 pt game. If he didn't once he can do it again. Harrison is a great all around player, but not necessarily a consistent double digit scorer. I think he'd rather be role player on a good team then be the go to guy. It's not that Harrington isn't capable, the question is will he fit in that position.

This is a real opportunity for Wilson.
    He wasn't even a choice, but chandler may pull it off.
    The only interesting thing I haven't heard mentioned, is eddie curry.
    I don't think he will, but he really has a chance to get healthy and become a big time scorer again, like he was that one year for us. It would do wonders for his trade value. This system he will be forced to be in good shape and to prove himself worthy of another contract. If he gets healthy, there is a huge spot left empty by Zach randolph that curry used to fill, maybe he can return to his offensive form. Not ever having a defensive form, does it relly matter with this team? Just him puttingup stats would be nice for his trade value. Especially if he gets back up to 18-20pt a game.
    Or maybe they will rott him on the bench and he'll opt out.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by jzero29
    He wasn't even a choice, but chandler may pull it off.
    The only interesting thing I haven't heard mentioned, is eddie curry.
    I don't think he will, but he really has a chance to get healthy and become a big time scorer again, like he was that one year for us. It would do wonders for his trade value. This system he will be forced to be in good shape and to prove himself worthy of another contract. If he gets healthy, there is a huge spot left empty by Zach randolph that curry used to fill, maybe he can return to his offensive form. Not ever having a defensive form, does it relly matter with this team? Just him puttingup stats would be nice for his trade value. Especially if he gets back up to 18-20pt a game.
    Or maybe they will rott him on the bench and he'll opt out.
    Eddy Curry's done. That one season was a fluke. The Knicks should have traded him when they had the chance. He's never going to even average 15 points per game again.

Lurker

Hahahahaha

I'm a Warriors fan and have been one for years. I feel very sorry for all of you Knicks fans who think Al is going to be your top scorer, let alone a better defender than Jamal Crawford. Be prepared for a player who will shoot you out of games with poor shot selection, (check his FG%'s) never boxes out his man on the boards(just like Curry), perimeter defense forget about it, is an embarrassing finisher, constantly misses defensive assignments, can't shoot free throws, can't take criticsm, and is one of the most overrated players in the NBA due to the 07 playoffs and the prior 6th man award.

His back was never hurt, he was just too much of a prima donna to play under pressure after being called out as the role player he should be. Sound familiar??? Haha. Crawford is twice the scorer Al is, and his weak defense is something I can live with because we've got excellent young shot blockers to help him out. I wish I could say I feel sorry for you guys, but if you were a Warrior fan like I've been over the last 15 years, it's hard to sympathize with anybody...especially Knicks fans.

I find it hard to believe how much stock you guys are actually putting into landing LeBron. Why would he want to come to such a joke of a team and play under such a tumultuous front office? Why would he do that? The Cav's are winning now, and LeBron's from Akron. I think you Knick fans just have to deal with the fact that LeBron's not your guy, and that Jamal was just about to flourish under D'Antoni. Yes, I'll take his 20 and 6 apg, thanks. Ya'll just been fleeced. THANK YOU!

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by jswinder
    Hahahahaha

I'm a Warriors fan and have been one for years. I feel very sorry for all of you Knicks fans who think Al is going to be your top scorer, let alone a better defender than Jamal Crawford. Be prepared for a player who will shoot you out of games with poor shot selection, (check his FG%'s) never boxes out his man on the boards(just like Curry), perimeter defense forget about it, is an embarrassing finisher, constantly misses defensive assignments, can't shoot free throws, can't take criticsm, and is one of the most overrated players in the NBA due to the 07 playoffs and the prior 6th man award.

His back was never hurt, he was just too much of a prima donna to play under pressure after being called out as the role player he should be. Sound familiar??? Haha. Crawford is twice the scorer Al is, and his weak defense is something I can live with because we've got excellent young shot blockers to help him out. I wish I could say I feel sorry for you guys, but if you were a Warrior fan like I've been over the last 15 years, it's hard to sympathize with anybody...especially Knicks fans.

I find it hard to believe how much stock you guys are actually putting into landing LeBron. Why would he want to come to such a joke of a team and play under such a tumultuous front office? Why would he do that? The Cav's are winning now, and LeBron's from Akron. I think you Knick fans just have to deal with the fact that LeBron's not your guy, and that Jamal was just about to flourish under D'Antoni. Yes, I'll take his 20 and 6 apg, thanks. Ya'll just been fleeced. THANK YOU!
    I agree with you. I don't think Jamal Crawford for Harrington was a good trade, nor do I think Zach Randolph for Cuttino Mobley and Tim Thomas was a good trade.

I don't think Al Harrington is going to help the Knicks win games.

I just think he'll lead the team in scoring, since he's a 10 year veteran and he led the Hawks in scoring on one of his seasons.

I disagree with most of the moves Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni have done so far, but it's not like there's anything I can do about it. I'm just a fan.

P.S. I will tell you this, though. Jamal Crawford ain't all that. His stats are very deceiving. He's a good 3rd option, but his stats make it look like if he's a franchise player. Jamal Crawford never has and never will be a franchise player, because he never plays defense, and his scoring is too inconsistent.

Crawford gets his 20 a game from clutch shooting and 3 pointers that he makes throughout the game.
    He's the kind of player that will score 30 points on 55% shooting, one night, and then 10 points on 25% shooting, the next.

With that being said, the Warriors still win. Al Harringotn isn't as good as Crawford, and he makes the same amount of money per year as Crawford.
    Last edited by abcd; Nov 25, 2008 at 22:47.

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Chandler and Nate will lead the team in attempted field goals.

If Chandler builds more confidence in his game, he may just come away our scoring leader. He needs to attack the rim more to get better looks from beyond the arc... but he's not in the poll.

On the other hand, with Crawford gone, Nate wil get more minutes even if he's brought off the bench. It's better to have him come off the bench instead of Mobley cause he has more PG skills and thus makes our bench players better. Maybe the first time a sixth man leads a team in points!!!

Harrington will not average more than 20 and at times will struggle in this offense similar to his difficulties playing Nellie Ball. And he's gonna have a hard time staying out of foul trouble guarding bigger men in the middle every night.

QRich will continue to have one 25point game in between a ton of 1-10 performances, so his average will at best be in the middle teens.

Regarding Duhon and Tiny Tim... you gotta be joking right?
    There is a player on Chicago Bulls team that already led his team in points as a sixth man and will probabily do it again this year.
    His name is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] .
    Last edited by DANUTZ39; Nov 25, 2008 at 23:02. Reason: Manu Ginobili is another one