View Poll Results: Which player will have a better game?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Al Harrington

14 63.64%
  • Cuittino Mobley

4 18.18%
  • Tim Thomas

4 18.18%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

not only the force of the dunk but the force of the contact...ahh i wish to see him wearing a KNick jersey less then two years

Imagine that dunk in the garden. The place would go nuts.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

yea man loll

Good game thread jpz17. I hope the knicks play this good and woop some cavs azz. It'll make Lebron even more aware wicth way we go.

I really like this thread JPZ, i hope the knicks can come out with a win, its the 1st game with the 3 new guys, everyone is excited to see whats gonna happen. I think Harrington will have a break out game, We gottta contain King James, if not, he will drop 50 on us again and hand us a loss-but 2010 is only 2 short years away.

LETS GO KNICKS!!!!

All Knick fans should stand up and clap LeBron when he enters the court, make him feel welcome and give him goose bumps. Anything to help get him here in 2010.
    I dont think we will win but lol.

Veteran

I'll get the game tonight because its the feature game on NBA TV. Nice to have a Tuesday night Knicks game again. Be interesting to see the "New LooK" New York Knicks. This is where we will really find out what type of coach D'antoni really is. Basketball is all about chemistry so we will see how quickly D'antoni can get this team to mesh together. Golden State is my favorite western conference team so I am glad Jamal ended up there. Our team is starting to resemble a lineup that can score from anywhere on the court and get up and down the floor. Hopefully the incoming players buy into the system and are not just playing out the string. How can you not be excited about playing in the Garden for the Knicks!!!

It looks like TT and Mobley won't play tonight due to the trade holdup - and if they do - spot mins.
    Harrington is ready to go and suprisingly Marbury had his most intense scrimmage yesterday with the team since the past few weeks and performed really well.
    He and D'Antoni had a brief convo after practice....who knows - maybe a 2nd chance for both parties to clear the air?

Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    It looks like TT and Mobley won't play tonight due to the trade holdup - and if they do - spot mins.
    Harrington is ready to go and suprisingly Marbury had his most intense scrimmage yesterday with the team since the past few weeks and performed really well.
    He and D'Antoni had a brief convo after practice....who knows - maybe a 2nd chance for both parties to clear the air?
    hey, you know, I'm sure even haterburys would like to see Steph have a good game or two with the Knicks before he leaves

Originally Posted by jpz17
    hey, you know, I'm sure even haterburys would like to see Steph have a good game or two with the Knicks before he leaves

Ha not at all JPZ.. I don't want to see him even in Knicks warmups again. But to the game.

Obviously the Cavs are playing at a high level, but i also feel other then a few absolute awful performances (mainly the two Bucks games) the Knicks have competed hard every night. Tonight may very well be the most electric MSG has been in 5 years. All the new guys and Lebron in town it should be fun.

I think the starting lineup for tonight will be something like this.

Lee
    Chandler
    Harrington
    Q
    Duhon

And once Mobley begins to practice more i believe he'll be the starting shooting guard.

I'm not a big fan of Tim Thomas but for some reason i expect him to have the best game out of the three new players. The main reason i believe that is because he has the best background knowledge of the system plus he'll basically just be spotting up in the corners so all he'll really have to do is shoot the ball and if you remember Tim he has no problem with jacking up threes.

Lebron is a top 5 NBA player and is going to put up his numbers but i think the Knicks should almost let Lebron get his 35-40 and worry more about stopping the likes of Mo Williams and big Z. Lebrons going to get his but if you keep the other role players out of the flow you have a chance.

Also after this trade we can basically rotate 4 different defenders (Chandler, Harrington, Thomas, and Q) at Lebron all night so maybe the different looks will slow him down.

Prediction

Knicks 107-Cavs 104

good point pricey!!!!!!

if lebron dunks on the entire knick team, the garden needs to yell to the top of their lungs....i can hear it now....the chants...lebron blushing at the attention...

twen-ty ten!
    twen-ty ten!
    twen-ty ten!
    le-bron james!
    2 more years!!

it will be sad if we see them cheering when LeBron scores though...

I'm all for giving Lebron a good ovation during pregame introductions. But once the game starts its still Knicks vs Cavs and we should be cheering for the Knicks. Lebron knows we want him here so no excess cheering is necessary. Give him a standing O in pregame and maybe a one chant during the game. But other then that cheer for the Knicks.

Originally Posted by jpz17
    it will be sad if we see them cheering when LeBron scores though...
    Don't be shocked if it happens though. I bet he gets a standing ovation during player intros and I bet at least for his first couple of buckets he'll get some claps. If it's a close game though I expect the Garden to be rocking. If we can show LeBron what a big game atmosphere is like in NY (and it's like no other city in the world), I think even he'll get goosebumps.

I think LeBron is a competitor, and he wants to play in a town that loves basketball and can really get behind a team. Not taking anything away from Cleveland but NY has the best fans in the world, and they really love this team. If we show LeBron the type of love and the type of home court advantage he could have in NY, I think it will drive him a little closer toward NYC.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Mayne, **** Lebron.
    He's a rival superstar right now.
    We boo him till he's orange and blue.
    I'm sick of these new age soft ass Knick fans that fill the Garden, aren't loud enough and always cheer guys like Carter, James, Bryant.
    **** them.
    Booo them till they cry.