Tuesday, November 25, 2008

front.jpg

In beautiful New York New York

manhattan-skyline-at-night.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

pregame.png

Welcome
to the JPZ17 Pre-Game Show

swagurburyfinalgb3.jpg

We had a slight problem, MSG was scheduled to be on the pre-game, but could not make it. Here is what he has to say:
i was almost done once again with the matchups, lineups, spotlight, and meet and greet....and then my internet froze up.....im signin off for the night, i dont even want to look at my computer. Thats like 3 hours waisted within a week. GO KNICKS

If you didn't catch the last game heres your highlights!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UO3fR0n2zlk&hl=en&fs=1">
</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UO3fR0n2zlk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<table class="linescore" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="period" style="text-align: center;">1</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">2</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">3</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">4</td> <td class="total" style="text-align: center;">T</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="team"> WAS (1-10) </td> <td style="text-align: center;">29</td> <td style="text-align: center;">29</td> <td style="text-align: center;">31</td> <td style="text-align: center;">28</td> <td class="ts" style="text-align: center;">117</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="team"> NYK (7-6) </td> <td style="text-align: center;">35</td> <td style="text-align: center;">25</td> <td style="text-align: center;">31</td> <td style="text-align: center;">31</td> <td class="ts" style="text-align: center;">122</td></tr></tbody></table>
3928353c-54da-45e0-9051-093c37b7f3cf.jpg

I'll be your host today as the Knicks take on LeBron James and the Cavs

mt1127501417.jpg

The Knicks are coming off a big win vs Washington. Q-Rich was a big part of that. Q had the most threes of nay Knick in one quarter ever. But the biggest story today is the new Knicks. Lets start off with my JPZ17 Game Prediction:

Knicks 113 Cavs 109

It will come down to the wire and should be a good game. The Knicks will now have 10 players to play instead of 7.

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Team Stat Leaders</td></tr><tr class="colhead"><td> </td><td>CLEVELAND</td><td>NEW YORK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>Points</td><td nowrap="nowrap">L. James 29.1</td><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">Z. Randolph 20.5</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>Rebounds</td><td nowrap="nowrap">L. James 7.8</td><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">Z. Randolph 12.5</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>Assists</td><td nowrap="nowrap">L. James 7.0</td><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">C. Duhon 7.2</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>Steals</td><td nowrap="nowrap">L. James 2.0</td><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">N. Robinson 1.8</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>Blocks</td><td nowrap="nowrap">B. Wallace 1.7</td><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">W. Chandler .8</td></tr></tbody></table>

By trading their two top scorers -- and the bloated contracts that come with them -- in one afternoon last week, the New York Knicks announced in no uncertain terms that they were clearing enough salary cap space to make a summer 2010 run at the NBA's reigning scoring champ.
Regardless of where LeBron James ends up in the future, he and the Cleveland Cavaliers are looking pretty comfortable in the present.The red-hot Cavaliers will be looking for their 10th win in 11 games on Tuesday when they face the new-look Knicks at Madison Square Garden -- the site of James' most recent 50-point game.New York (7-6) has been competitive so far under first-year coach Mike D'Antoni, but on Friday the Knicks' prospects of contending for a lower-tier playoff spot this season took a backseat toward what they hope are championship aspirations two years down the road. Team president Donnie Walsh traded leading scorers Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford, clearing a combined $27.4 million in cap space for 2010.Not coincidentally, that's the summer when James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh -- among others -- will potentially become free agents."I have a good idea of what we just did," Walsh said. "I can't tell you that I've thought out what I'm going to do in two years or something like that. I haven't done that. All I know is that we've created more cap space than we had."The top prize would be James, who led the league with 30.0 points per game last season and is averaging a league-best 29.1 points this season for the Cavaliers (10-3).With the NBA's third best record less than a month into the season, James says he's thinking solely about winning a championship in Cleveland."I am focused on the team that I am on right now and winning a championship," he said before scoring 31 points in a win at New Jersey last week. "So it gets funny at times, but I don't think about making a change at this point. I am focusing on the team I have here and the relationship I have with the Cavs."The win against the Nets was Cleveland's eighth straight, and while that streak was snapped the next night in Detroit, the Cavaliers bounced back on Saturday. James had 24 points, eight assists and seven rebounds and Mo Williams added 23 points in a 110-96 win over Atlanta.James is expected to receive a raucous ovation Tuesday night from New York fans, who no doubt remember his last trip to Madison Square Garden. James scored 50 points to go along with 10 assists, eight rebounds and four steals on March 5 in a 119-105 Cavaliers victory, leaving the court to chants of "MVP!""To get a standing ovation in the greatest basketball arena in the world, it was a dream come true for me," James said. "It's one of the best things that ever happened to me."The current Knicks should get a boost Tuesday night with the expected debuts of Al Harrington, Cuttino Mobley and Tim Thomas, who came over in the deals for Randolph and Crawford.Those two accounted for more than 40 points per game for New York, but with just seven players available Saturday night due to the trades, the Knicks looked just fine. Quentin Richardson scored a season-high 34 and New York held off lowly Washington 122-117."These guys got heart," D'Antoni said. "They've been doing everything that I've asked and even more. And like I said, I think a lot of times they want to come together, they want to play together, they want to be a winning team and they just demonstrated it. They gutted it out."James averaged 42.3 points in three games -- two wins -- against the Knicks last season. -NBA.com

Look for LeBron to score 30 and the Knick fans will start a chant for him in 2010. "2010! 2010! 2010!" It will be very interesting to see how they react to him. They should also have chants for Jamal, Zach.... (Sorry tuner, not Collins, hah he's gone!!) Q Rich will need to guard LeBron real well. Tim Thomas should have an exciting time back in MSG!! I'm guessing Mobley will score 15, but play streaky. Al Harrington might get the most attention tonight. He will have a good game most likely.

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="8" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Gameday Matchup</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td>
</td> <td>W-L</td> <td>PF</td> <td>PA</td> <td>HOME</td> <td>ROAD</td> <td>STK</td> <td>L10</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">CLE</td> <td>10-3</td> <td>101.2</td> <td>93.1</td> <td>7-0</td> <td>3-3</td> <td>W1</td> <td>9-1</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">NY</td> <td>7-6</td> <td>105.2</td> <td>106.6</td> <td>5-2</td> <td>2-4</td> <td>W1</td> <td>6-4</td></tr></tbody></table>

t_mobile_fave5_logo_180.jpg

presents

JPZ17's
Barkley_s_fave_five_Saul_Salazar_444x500.JPG

FAVE 5 KEYS TO WINNING

• DUH! #1 is stop LeBron
  • Don't get tired early
  • Shoot the 3 well
  • Don't let the new guys play the whole game
  • Get a PUMPED UP MADISON SQUARE GARDEN!!!!!!!!!!
JPZ17's
FIVE THINGS TO
LOOK OUT FOR

cartoon_eyes-160x157.jpg

1. LeBron scores 30
  2. Q scores under 10
  3. Harrington gets 8 boards and 10-15 points
  4. Mobley is on and off
  5. Tim Thomas plays great
abcd.jpg

Prediction(FIXED)
Cavs 110 Knicks 102

Key Matchup:
Lebron James vs. Quentin Richardson

Quentin Richardson just came off of a 34 point, 12 rebound performance against the Wizards. Being that Lebron James puts up those kind of numbers on a nightly basis, Richardson is going to have to continue to score like he did last Saturday, if the Knicks plan on coming out with a victory.

Player Spotlight
Al Harrington

Al Harrington is a 10 year Veteran that led the Atlanta Hawks in scoring, during the 2004-2005 season, averaging 17 points and 7 rebounds. Considering that the Knicks got rid of their two top scorers(Jamal Crawford and Zach Randolph) look for Al Harrington to go back to his high scoring ways.

knicks1.jpg

lebron_knicks_a.jpg

lebron1005.jpg

and now for a twist in my game threads here is a limited edition player introduction.........

phooka_limited-edition-320.jpg

nyk_logo.gif
Al Harrington

harringtonpressin081122.jpg

Al grew up in New Jersey making him a almost hometown player. He played basketball for St Patrick High School and was named USA today's High School Player of the Year. The Pacers picked him in the 1998 Draft with the 25th pick. He averaged 13 ppg and 6 rpg in his rookie year. He was getting lots of attention which put pressure on him. He then had a injury and missed 38 games. He was traded to the Hawks for Eddie Jones.
AlHarrington_295_050301.jpg

He later signed with the Pacers. He was then traded to the Warriors along with Stephen Jackson. He had a good few years with GS, but demanded a trade.
capt_b896cfcd963a441b8913473efa0267ed_clippers_warriors_basketball_oas106.jpg

He was then traded to NY for Jamal Crawford

nyk_logo.gif
Cuttino Mobley

Mobley went to the University of Rhode Island.
sp1227_daniels_12-27-07_058D7RP.jpg

MIN FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG PPG
93-94 URI Did Not Play - Ineligible
94-95 URI 32.0 37.7 30.3 77.8 4.8 1.8 1.6 13.3
95-96 URI 17.5 64.3 71.4 50.0 0.0 2.5 2.0 12.0
96-97 URI 24.3 43.8 29.9 80.3 3.9 1.5 1.3 12.2
97-98 URI 33.3 48.0 41.6 85.6 4.3 2.6 1.6 17.2
---------------------------------------------------------------

TOTALS 29.7 43.8 35.4 82.1 4.2 2.0 1.5 14.3
</pre>Mobley was picked 41st in the second round of the 1998 NBA Draft by the Rockets. He played with the Rockets for six year before being traded.
1487738.jpg

He was traded along with Kevin Cato and Steven Francis for Tracy McGrady. He only played 23 games with the Magic, he was then traded to SAC for Doug Christie.
christie-mobley-med.jpg

In 2005 he signed a fine year 240 million dollar contract to play with the Clippers.

mobley_300_080310.jpg

nyk_logo.gif
Tim Thomas

Thomas played college at Villanova.
apbkcthomas041697.gif

He was then drafted by the Nets 7th overall in the 1997 NBA Draft.
He was traded to the 76ers for Kieth Van Horn.
He was also traded to the Bucks.
tim402.jpg

He was then traded to the Knicks for Kieth Van Horn (again)
tim-thomas_300.jpg

15 ppg and 12 ppg

He was then traded to the Bulls for Eddy Curry:barf:

The Bulls cut him and he signed with the Suns
tim_thomas_060430_220.jpg

He then signed with the Clippers
act_tim_thomas.jpg

Then traded to the Knicks for Zach Randolph
.................................................................................

Opponents last game:

<table class="linescore" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="team">
</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">1</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">2</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">3</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">4</td> <td class="total" style="text-align: center;">T</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="team"> ATL (8-5) </td> <td style="text-align: center;">12</td> <td style="text-align: center;">20</td> <td style="text-align: center;">26</td> <td style="text-align: center;">38</td> <td class="ts" style="text-align: center;">96</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="team"> CLE (10-3) </td> <td style="text-align: center;">28</td> <td style="text-align: center;">21</td> <td style="text-align: center;">30</td> <td style="text-align: center;">31</td> <td class="ts" style="text-align: center;">110</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- begin game status (boxscore and pbp pages) -->

LeBron had 24, Mo Williams had 23. For the hawks, Maurice Wvans had 21 and Acie Law had 20.

c3d56ecb-de02-4ecb-ac4a-d445b5359377.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f1l9azd5IAY&hl=en&fs=1">
</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f1l9azd5IAY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and now it's time for JPZ's starting lineup

New York Knicks Position Cleveland Cavs

2772.jpg
David Lee C Zydrunas Ilgauskas
362.jpg

basketball-edge-slight-right.gif

Ilgauskas is one of the tallest players in the NBA. Lee is 6'9. Z will get 10+ boards. He had 17 points and 7 boards in his last game.. tough matchup
308.jpg
Al Harrington PF Ben Wallace
885.jpg

basketball-edge-slight-left.gif

Not sure it is Harrington of Chandler..
Wallace will have 7+ boards. Wallace will have about 5 points though. Harrington should have about 10-15 points. Look for a good outing by him. If its Chandler, its even

703.jpg
Quentin Richardson SF LeBron James
1966.jpg
JPZ17's Key matchup
oldKey.gif

basketball-edge-edge-right.gif

I picked this as our key match-up because James is cleary the best player on the Cavs and this match-up will define the game. If LeBron sccores 30 and Richardson fails at stopping him, look for a Cavs win. Q had a great game last game making all the threes. It will be tough. This matchup will be the game. If Q can't stop him, get him outa here
03knicks.1-450.jpg

340x.jpg

566.jpg
Cuttino Mobley SG Delonte West
2422.jpg

basketball-edge-slight-left.gif

Good matchup... West had a good playoffs last year and shows potential while Mobley is under the pressure of filling in the shoes of Jamal Crawford
a scrub could do that)

2377.jpg
Chris Duhon PG Mo Williams
2178.jpg

basketball-edge-even.gif

Most ignored match-up of the night. Duhon is good at d, Williams is good on offense... Even

JPZ17's Player Pressure
Which Knicks is under the most pressure to succeed????

color-fog-lights.jpg

The answer:Al Harrington

harringtonpressin081122.jpg

464840226_255e6286c0.jpg

vitamin_water_all_star_12.jpg

Al Harrington is under huge pressure. Knicks fans voted him the most excited Knick.
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="pollTitle" colspan="2"><form action="/webAction?actionId=trivialPollVote&useFrag=false&title=&showResult=true&team=knicks&pollId=17690" method="post" style="margin: 0pt;" target="pollWindow">Which new Knick are you most excited about?
</form></td></tr><tr><td class="pollBody" valign="top" width="10%"><input name="optionId" value="87897" class="pollBody" type="radio">
</td><td class="pollBody" width="90%">Al Harrington</td></tr><tr><td class="pollBody" valign="top" width="10%"><input name="optionId" value="87898" class="pollBody" type="radio">
</td><td class="pollBody" width="90%">Cuttino Mobley</td></tr><tr><td class="pollBody" valign="top" width="10%"><input name="optionId" value="87899" class="pollBody" type="radio">
</td><td class="pollBody" width="90%">Tim Thomas</td></tr></tbody></table>Obviously they want him to succeed.

LEADERSHIP WORKING
TOGETHER
NYK

JPZ's Inspiring Knicks Quote

"I love New York. A part of me will always be here. What can I say."
-Latrell Sprewell

Pictures from the Last Knick Game

32e5197e-3c23-4579-8142-0f8a6b31c61e.jpg

75b21a7b-e925-4847-934e-a3df99149efa.jpg

425956ed-a65d-4d03-8231-8cef660ea7f1.jpg

2f394cfb-48aa-418f-bc26-474263672a37.jpg

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/4704165422de6aac/492b68e0e00ffcf7/49261893657cd98a/7745fcc2/-cpid/d3b0a619f9425194" id="W4704165422de6aac492b68e0e00ffcf7" width="200" height="415"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/4704165422de6aac/492b68e0e00ffcf7/49261893657cd98a/7745fcc2/-cpid/d3b0a619f9425194" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></object>

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/49022a9858696414/492b68ecd5c3c0f6/492618ac7caa0e46/f87be79a/-cpid/3bc48b957461c92c" id="W49022a9858696414492b68ecd5c3c0f6" width="289" height="260"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/49022a9858696414/492b68ecd5c3c0f6/492618ac7caa0e46/f87be79a/-cpid/3bc48b957461c92c" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BMMUWvavORI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BMMUWvavORI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Knicks Online Official Game Chat Room
http://www.knicksonline.com/chat.php#

Thanks for joining me
for knicksonline I'm JPZ17

Stay classy New York

Go New York Knicks!
NOVGAME_SLIDERS_1125.jpg

gamethread.png

(now go out and win me a game!)

JayJ44

Starter
Wow, probably your best work, jpz. Really cool, I like the meter underneath the player matchups, gives more detail.

I think we should consider it a success if Lebron scores 30. I'm expecting at least 40. With our lack of a shotblocking presence, and our faster pace, Lebron is going to go nuts on us.

The Garden is going to go absolutely crazy for Lebron. It did before, now imagine after the trades. Hopefully Lebron will feel at home!

We've got a back to back with the Pistons after this, tough schedule. Although, the T-Wolves recently blew out the Pistons in the palace, so who knows.

jpz17

Starter
sorry for the long thread guys.... this thread took 2 hours to make, but I thought it was a good game, so why not?

jpz17

Starter
Wow, probably your best work, jpz. Really cool, I like the meter underneath the player matchups, gives more detail.

I think we should consider it a success if Lebron scores 30. I'm expecting at least 40. With our lack of a shotblocking presence, and our faster pace, Lebron is going to go nuts on us.

The Garden is going to go absolutely crazy for Lebron. It did before, now imagine after the trades. Hopefully Lebron will feel at home!

We've got a back to back with the Pistons after this, tough schedule. Although, the T-Wolves recently blew out the Pistons in the palace, so who knows.

yeah, those took a while and were confusing... The new rotation messed me up, I didn't know whos where. But I would say this is my best easily... Only other competition is my Bucks thread
game-thread.gif

JayJ44

Starter
Since our rotations are never set, especially right after a big trade, must be tough. Just do the best you can :beer:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i dont think we'llknow the starting lineups till tip off...and if harrington starts at the 4 then i think Chandler should strt at the 2 because he's having a real good year and is playing better the Q-Rich...Q will be great off the bench...i wanna see a show but at the very least be competitive LeBron will have a big game considering we have no size up front and he gets to the basket at will he'll have a feast down low we need to keep the game close and maybe steal this one if were lucky...

TunerAddict

Starter
I'm predicting

C Al Harrington
PF Wilson Chandler
SF Q
SG Mobley
PG Duhon

Never really know...This is just what I'm assuming based on what D has done in the past with our players and how I'm assuming he'll swap guys around based on height.

I wouldn't be suprised to see TT in the lineup or Nate. Lee would surprise me a little bit because of the height think with Z.

WiL8000

Rotation player
With the recent trades, I'm not expecting much...but hopefully they show some heart and play hard. I'm looking forward to seeing Al Harrington play. It will be interesting to see Tim Thomas back in a Knicks uniform as well.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
this is going to be a fun game overall...LeBron our new look team everything im looking forward to it.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Great Gamethread, JPZ17! You must have spent a lot of time working on it. I could never make a thread this good; I don't have the energy.

Akamu

The King
Nice edge ratio meter, JPZ your perfecting the art of making Game threads.

I have a strong feeling Al Harrington will have a strong impact, he looks like he really wants to make something of this and was extremely enthusiastic about being here, especially since he is closer to home (or former home.)

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
not only the force of the dunk but the force of the contact...ahh i wish to see him wearing a KNick jersey less then two years

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Good game thread jpz17. I hope the knicks play this good and woop some cavs azz. It'll make Lebron even more aware wicth way we go.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
I really like this thread JPZ, i hope the knicks can come out with a win, its the 1st game with the 3 new guys, everyone is excited to see whats gonna happen. I think Harrington will have a break out game, We gottta contain King James, if not, he will drop 50 on us again and hand us a loss-but 2010 is only 2 short years away.

LETS GO KNICKS!!!!