The In Between; Now To 2010

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Hey everyone.
So, our beloved Knickerbockers have set the table for 2 major signings come summer 2010. The anticipation is mutual between all on board.

After glancing throughout the threads regarding the hype, I wonder who still gives a concerning thought to the 19 months that lie between now and the much talked about future?

I'm as excited as anyone, and I love the optimism felt throughout the site. It's fantastic:beer:

However, what to do in the mean time is the organizations focal point. Obviously. Every big name free agent knows the deal. They all know there is a heap of Johnny Ca$h waiting impatiently for their pockets in hoop mecha.

Money obviously is the factor of most import.

But,

It's up to the Knicks to entice the sought after with not only a through the roof salary and a high calibre counterpart (ie: James would be more likely to sign if Bosh were to be his wingman.) but to also have a system in place with some core key contributors throughout all spots. Veterans, rookies, hard nuts, hustlers and so forth.

Recently, there was a thread that I enjoyed, which was the Knicks Trade Contest which had some insightful opinions and potentials moves.

This thread is similar, and is based largely upon the betterment of the team along the road to 2010, and having a team that can win before the free agents become available, thus making the franchise more appealing to a James, Wade, Bosh or Joe Johnson.

We are at a crucial stage. We still need to lose Fats Curry and Q Richardson's contracts. We need a quicker point man. We need a 5 man who can control the paint on defense and a man to back him up. Contracts such as Mobley and Tim Thomas' are no doubt refuse come their conclusion. Do we keep Lee and N8? Who is ultimately expendable? Will Chandler maintain his progress and become what we all need him to be? Will Gallo factor into all of this? He'd bloody better considering his immediate contract signing. And what about Harrington? If he doesn't perform well enough, he's gone! That contract is up at the conclusion of the 09/10 season.

Dude, seriously. I'm befuddled.

So, more changes need to be implemented.

For those who think they can manouvre some players or sign some good free agents..... See below.

If you can't be bothered to make a trade then please just give your thoughts as to the current situation of the Knicks. Who will stay? Who will go? Who will lead us in scoring?

Thinking trades?: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine

Thinking upcoming free agents?:

Thinking salaries?:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

(both free agents and salaries viewable via above link)

Who, out of us Knick fans can compose a scenario to alleviate the Knicks of some of these mind bogglers?

Can you?:pray:

I know my NBA 2k8 starting 5 is 5:Lee, 4:Harrington, 3:Chandler, 2:N8 and Duhon.

That is not cutting the mustard.

So, who's got even one solution? Who out of us is a visionary that can solve it all?

It's not I!

Rules:
No Kobe Bryant, no bitching, no Marbury.

Winner gets a night in Beyonce's cleavage.

I hope this thread isn't ignored for it's similarity to the trade contest :(

Do you love the Knicks? If so, :yourock:

Thanks.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
it was a fun thread man. trying to keep the theme alive. I hope it doesn't get burned for being so similar so soon.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm just saying, if anyone has any bright ideas then I'd love to know what they are. Especially considering all the stuff that has to happen between now and 2010. It's all so unclear at the moment.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
The way I see it the knicks shouldn't do much maneuvering until we can get those free agents. Its gonna be all about building around superstars not the other way around. We should keep the good character guys who can ball (nate, lee, chandler), and then build the team once the superstars get here. Were gonna be close to a 40 win team the next two years and it would be good for the guys to develop chemistry. I think were gonna be alright with this group until 2010.

Shouldn't Q be worried about wearing #23? I know I would.

2008 NEWS FLASH-> Quentin Richardson has been released to better accomodate Lebron James in the 2010-11 season. Lol

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
pick up cheat guys like demetris nichols and resign lee and robinson.. resign mobley for a year

I do agree with that JPZ, i'd rather have Pat Ewing JR back than nichols but we NEED to resign LEE and NATE, they are now a vital part of this team! Im curious to see how Mobley is gonna play so i cant say resign him yet at this point.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i honestly see Nate definetly getting resigned to a long term contract...and Lee i have a gut he'll be packaged with Curry in a trade....just a feeling i got

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
yea nate is basically the face of the knicks right now, obv not the most skillful but i think when people think of the knicks, at least right now, it's nate..i think we'll keep him and let him grow into a disciplined better player. Lee idk about, i think he'll prob be traded like you said above if it means getting rid of curry.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
yea nate is basically the face of the knicks right now, obv not the most skillful but i think when people think of the knicks, at least right now, it's nate..i think we'll keep him and let him grow into a disciplined better player. Lee idk about, i think he'll prob be traded like you said above if it means getting rid of curry.
Is N8 really that good though? I am big fan of his intense play but...........
I dunno. I dare say I'd take another real point guard that's bigger.

I think Lee will most likely be shipped as well. This trade would be nice.

Incoming Players

Brad Miller
Salary: $11,375,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 12.5 REB: 7.7 AST: 4.6 PER: 15.88

Outgoing Players

Eddy Curry
Salary: $9,723,983 Years Remaining: 2

David Lee
Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 12.2 REB: 7.5 AST: 2.0 PER: 14.78

This is my " for the meantime" trade to benefit the next 2 seasons with Miller's contract coming to a conclusion in time for 2010. We'd be a better team. We don't play Fats Curry and Miller is bigger and better than Lee and has always been a 5.

I agree with signing some cheap young players.

Can anyone be more specific? Names and prices etc.?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Nate is a great player but he shouldnt be the face of the franchise...he's Starks the 2nd he's the energy guy that cant have his energy matched and could take over a game in a flash , we still lack that Player who will change the dynamic ofthe franchise...if we draft Harden he could/will be that guy or anyother player in the draft (Thabeet [dude got mad game], Jennings, Rubio, or Griffin)...