Knicks to pursue Boozer?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55643/20081124/knicks_interested_in_carlos_boozer/

im all for it he gives us needed help down low and is still young and would be a great piece to help lure Lebron in 2010....him with LeBron and with our draft pick this year(Thabeet,Harden)-and Chandler and Nate thats a great core!

we need to trade Curry by Feb for the signing to be a possibility he's said he would like to play in Miami but the bright lights and Marketing of NY is too much to pass up

what are your thoughts

JayJ44

Starter
I'd rather have Amare or Bosh, but Boozer works too. I think he's benefitted a lot from having Deron Williams on his team. Still very talented, but my first choice would be Lebron and Bosh.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
well we could get Boozer and LeBron why not? loll true though Bosh is better but if we could get Boozer we should pursue him though

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I think he's a great half court player but wouldn't be as effective in d'antoni's system. Plus, he would probably play center here and would be undersized at 6'9".

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I agree we do need another star,but is Boozer really a star in the NBA?I also can't see him running up and down the floor in our offense.Don't get me wrong I would like to see him playing for us but will he work in this system.

Pricey

Rotation player
I like Boozer and if it helps lure LeBron then do it.
out Curry in Boozer.... not a hard one :)

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55643/20081124/knicks_interested_in_carlos_boozer/

im all for it he gives us needed help down low and is still young and would be a great piece to help lure Lebron in 2010....him with LeBron and with our draft pick this year(Thabeet,Harden)-and Chandler and Nate thats a great core!

we need to trade Curry by Feb for the signing to be a possibility he's said he would like to play in Miami but the bright lights and Marketing of NY is too much to pass up

what are your thoughts

Although i m not sure if Boozer fits d'angtoni system and our needs(versatile big man but only 6'9'') more important is if Lebron holds something against him. Let's not forget that Boozer bolted from cleveland(for more money ) after Lebron rookie season. If not for that Lebron and the cavs maybe would've won it all couple years ago. I'm not saying that Lebron hold a grudge or something like that but i was thinking. On the other hand I think Lebron will more happy to play with one of his boy aka d-wade, c-bosh,
a-stud.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'd take Bosh in a jiffy. A better outside game at the 4 would be preferable I think. Lebron doesn't post up much though so I'm not real sure. Bosh is still my pick though. Whatever happened to the great post up big man like Ewing and Olajuwon?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Although i m not sure if Boozer fits d'angtoni system and our needs(versatile big man but only 6'9'') more important is if Lebron holds something against him. Let's not forget that Boozer bolted from cleveland(for more money ) after Lebron rookie season. If not for that Lebron and the cavs maybe would've won it all couple years ago. I'm not saying that Lebron hold a grudge or something like that but i was thinking. On the other hand I think Lebron will more happy to play with one of his boy aka d-wade, c-bosh,
a-stud.

i completly agree...LeBron with Bosh/Amare will be sick multiple championships loll....Boozer was ****ed up after what he did that was a bitch move...he had Cleveland singing How You Gonna Act Like That by Tyrese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X922KOrdaWc lmao

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
It's funny, I suggested a trade for Boozer during the off season and everyone rode me about it. I think the Knicks should approach Utah on a trade scenario that would bring boozer here and send Lee to Utah. I would offer Steph's expiring contract, along with Lee (to replace boozer) and either a pick or any other player except Chandler for Boozer, Harpring and maybe Korver. We could throw Nate in to replace Korver... Nate would bring an energy that Korver doesn't have as well as a better shooting percentage.
Bt trading for Boozer now, they could pick up his option for next year and then resign him in 2010.... AFTER they sign 1 or 2 other players..... This way you could potentially have the starting 3 of:
Amare or Bosh at the 5
Boozer at the 4
Possible LaBron at the 3 or play him at the 2 and Chandler at the 3.
They could hold off signing boozer until after they make their 1 or 2 free agent signings.
That makes perfect sense to me.... I doubt Boozer would opt out of his contract next year with the possibility of 2 huge free agent signings in 2010; especially with one possibly being LaBron James or even Kobe for that matter!!

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
Boozer
LeBron
Chandler
Nate
Nash

Lee
Gallinari

I'm likein it

next year:

Boozer
Harrington
Chandler
Mobley
Duhon

Lee? Nate?
Thomas
Gallinari

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
It's funny, I suggested a trade for Boozer during the off season and everyone rode me about it. I think the Knicks should approach Utah on a trade scenario that would bring boozer here and send Lee to Utah. I would offer Steph's expiring contract, along with Lee (to replace boozer) and either a pick or any other player except Chandler for Boozer, Harpring and maybe Korver. We could throw Nate in to replace Korver... Nate would bring an energy that Korver doesn't have as well as a better shooting percentage.
Bt trading for Boozer now, they could pick up his option for next year and then resign him in 2010.... AFTER they sign 1 or 2 other players..... This way you could potentially have the starting 3 of:
Amare or Bosh at the 5
Boozer at the 4
Possible LaBron at the 3 or play him at the 2 and Chandler at the 3.
They could hold off signing boozer until after they make their 1 or 2 free agent signings.
That makes perfect sense to me.... I doubt Boozer would opt out of his contract next year with the possibility of 2 huge free agent signings in 2010; especially with one possibly being LaBron James or even Kobe for that matter!!

I mean it's all good the way you see it but it will be nice if we use a litlle bit of reality when we post.
What in the world make u think that utah will (or even think)do that move. If Walsh was to call them with that trade, they will probably think that he's old and senile and not even call him back. First it's not like they desperately want to get rid of Boozer or think that D-Lee is the missing piece on their way to glory. Second they have no use of steph whatsoever, just in case you forgot they have D-will running the show there. Last but not least they already have our 2010 pick we can 't give them 2009 or 2011 because teams can't trade consecutive picks so they will have to setlle for 2012 witch could be a late first round if knicks aquire all the talent you are talking about. As for the line up you throw at the end of your post, amare or bosh at 5 boozer at 4 and lebron at 3 if you throw in chris paul and k bryant we may even win the next olimpics not only the next 10 championship.................lol.
Wake up man is morning already

This how your trade looks like.

New York Knicks

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
1703.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Carlos Boozer
Salary: $11,593,817 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 20.5 REB: 11.7 AST: 2.7 PER: 26.09
</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
nophoto_35x48.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Matt Harpring
Salary: $6,000,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 3.5 REB: 1.3 AST: 0.5 PER: 13.24
2011.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Kyle Korver
Salary: $4,956,818 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 7.3 REB: 2.5 AST: 1.6 PER: 13.16
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Stephon Marbury, David Lee
uth.gif
Utah Jazz

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
nophoto_35x48.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Stephon Marbury
Salary: $20,840,625 Years Remaining: 1
2772.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>David Lee
Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 12.2 REB: 7.5 AST: 2.0 PER: 14.78
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Carlos Boozer, Matt Harpring, Kyle Korver

One more problem with that trade is that we have to have to cut one of the incoming players or one of our players (maybe jerome james) but then we pay for boozer way too much.
D-lee and Steph are on the books only for this year at about 22.5mil, on the other hand Boozer(1year) Harping(2years) and Korver(2years) and that s about 45mil. With that being said I hope you have a good day and let me know if you still think that trade is reality or fantasy.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
ehh Boozer's good but i'd rather save for someone else. Dirk and Lebron would be good. I'd prob pick bosh over boozer too

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Real GM is a joke. Boozer for who? At this point the only quality players I think Walsh would trade would be Lee (can't call Curry quality any more). We need Robinson, Chandler, Gallo, who else is there to trade? These are the only guys any other team would want. Maybe Walsh can work out a miracle and trade Curry. If so, he gets GM of the year.

portega1968

El Cacique
Someone asked Dwight Howard recently on NBATV who was the toughest guy he has faced thus far in the league and he said Carlos Boozer. He said that people underestimate Boozer's strength but that he is one of the strongest guys in the league and his toughest matchup.

If we unload Curry, I think there is a strong chance Walsh will go after Boozer because it would be hard to not jump on that one this summer.

But, would this mean not going after Bosh or Stoudamire?

That's where this one gets tricky unless you know what's Lebron's preference. Would Lebron prefer Bosh over his ex? Would Dantoni prefer Stoudamire and Nash with King James? Would he prefer Tyson Chandler in the middle with Lebron and Joe Johnson?

Boozer's place in this equation may determine how the rest of this story unfolds.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I mean it's all good the way you see it but it will be nice if we use a litlle bit of reality when we post.
What in the world make u think that utah will (or even think)do that move. If Walsh was to call them with that trade, they will probably think that he's old and senile and not even call him back. First it's not like they desperately want to get rid of Boozer or think that D-Lee is the missing piece on their way to glory. Second they have no use of steph whatsoever, just in case you forgot they have D-will running the show there. Last but not least they already have our 2010 pick we can 't give them 2009 or 2011 because teams can't trade consecutive picks so they will have to setlle for 2012 witch could be a late first round if knicks aquire all the talent you are talking about. As for the line up you throw at the end of your post, amare or bosh at 5 boozer at 4 and lebron at 3 if you throw in chris paul and k bryant we may even win the next olimpics not only the next 10 championship.................lol.
Wake up man is morning already

This how your trade looks like.

New York Knicks

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
1703.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Carlos Boozer
Salary: $11,593,817 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 20.5 REB: 11.7 AST: 2.7 PER: 26.09
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
nophoto_35x48.gif
</td><td valign="top">Matt Harpring
Salary: $6,000,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 3.5 REB: 1.3 AST: 0.5 PER: 13.24
2011.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Kyle Korver
Salary: $4,956,818 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 7.3 REB: 2.5 AST: 1.6 PER: 13.16
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Outgoing Players: Stephon Marbury, David Lee
uth.gif
Utah Jazz

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
nophoto_35x48.gif
</td><td valign="top">Stephon Marbury
Salary: $20,840,625 Years Remaining: 1
2772.jpg
</td><td valign="top">David Lee
Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 12.2 REB: 7.5 AST: 2.0 PER: 14.78
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Outgoing Players: Carlos Boozer, Matt Harpring, Kyle Korver

One more problem with that trade is that we have to have to cut one of the incoming players or one of our players (maybe jerome james) but then we pay for boozer way too much.
D-lee and Steph are on the books only for this year at about 22.5mil, on the other hand Boozer(1year) Harping(2years) and Korver(2years) and that s about 45mil. With that being said I hope you have a good day and let me know if you still think that trade is reality or fantasy.

If walsh called with that trade Kevin O’Connor would do his due dillagence and weigh out the pro's and con's.
Here's the pro's: 2 contracts from players that are not really contributing on a regular basis either due to chronic injuries (Harpring) or inconsistency (Korver), A key player in Boozer who has already stated that he will opt out of the last year of his contract to try to sign with another team, so he will loose a key player at a key position. Marbury's contract alone wipes all 3 of their slaries off the books for Utah this year. Lee can step in a replace Boozer for Utah and he is young enough to still be developed to work within their system. CJ Miles and Brewer have been playing the bulk of the time; they are both very young and promising and Utah still has AK47 to play the 3 and 4 as well. Even if Lee doesn't resing with the Jazz, they still have 20 million to play with.

The Cons:
Boozer's game is more developed than Lee and he is proven while Lee is still solidifying his game and proving that he can perform year in and year out; you take more of a chance with Lee.
Like with every trade; this one could upset the chemistry of the team. I doubt that since Lee has proven to be a team player and does what ever the team asks of him.
Both of those scenarios could cause their season, this year, to tank.
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJason%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> All of Harpring's nagging injuries could miraculously go away and he returns to the well rounded player that he's proven to be when he is able to play.

I also stated that I would throw in either a pick (still could trade a second round pick) or another player, like Nate (who's numbers are better than Korver's). It doesn't matter what they spend this and next year; both Korver's and Harpring's salary come off the books by 2010 and that's all that Walsh cares about.
What I was saying about potential 2010 free agent signings was; If the Knicks trade for Boozer and convince him not to opt out of his contract at the end of the year; in 2010 they could wait to resign him after they sign a free agent or 2 free agents. You can still sign your Veteran players even if you are capped out. So the Knicks could have enough cap room to make 2 free agent signings before resigning their own free agents... Get it?? Kobe, LaBron, Wade, Bosh. Amare, Joe Johnson..... All free agents in 2010...... Sign 2, then resign Boozer.....

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJason%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Don't see why you, so sarcastically, disagree with this scenario. So I say good morning to you and before you respond to future posts, scrub your brain out and think before you type.

Last edited: