Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jamal Crawford

12 57.14%
  • Cuttino Mobley

9 42.86%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game 15: Knicks vs Pistons 11/25 @ 8:00PM ET

With the recent trades, I don't expect the Knicks to play fluid basketball for at least a few weeks. They've lost the two best scorers they had, so the remaining players have to learn to fill that void in points.

I support this move for the future but man...it was tough to watch the game against Cleveland. Unfortunately now it's the Pistons... this is a tough stretch.

Harrington can create a puzzling mismatch for the Pistons. If Sheed guards him on the perimeter, then Lee really needs to perform against Brown (given that's the case) Once Maxiell comes in we're screwed. Our lack of depth down low ( not in our jocks mind you ) is going to be our demise in every game 'til we fix the issue. Our players through the 3 and 1 positions are gonna have to get some boards. Harrington rebounded well against the Cavs, so that's a shining light considering the Cavs big line up.

Hopefully Mobley won't have a coronary and Nate pulls through from his groin strain.
    Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Nov 26, 2008 at 05:58.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by WiL8000
    With the recent trades, I don't expect the Knicks to play fluid basketball for at least a few weeks. They've lost the two best scorers they had, so the remaining players have to learn to fill that void in points.

I support this move for the future but man...it was tough to watch the game against Cleveland. Unfortunately now it's the Pistons... this is a tough stretch.
    this is expected we got a tough stretch coming up to finish off this montha nd throughout december for the most part...this could very well signal the end of us being over/at .500 this season, we'll be competitve but wont win much cause of lack of size, and defense....until we get both expect lots of losses

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Donnie Walsh said Mobley will not play for the rest of the week until he goes through some tests. That's the best case scenario 'cause if he does not come out of these tests with a clean bill of health he may be out for the season, but that's the unlikely worst case scenario at this moment.

With Nate out likely for a couple of weeks with a pulled groin (let's hope that injury doesn't linger on all season), DAntoni is gonna have to go with QRich at SG tonight with Harrington at SF, Chandler at PF and Lee in the middle. Against the Pistons who are also still getting accustomed to the Iverson trade, we don't have that bad a matchup, but albeit not an easy one.

Lee should counter small-hands Kwame on the boards, whereas Chandler has the chance to prove himself against Rasheed. Tayshaun obviously is gonna school Harrington and QRich may lose some weight chasing Iverson. Stuckey and Iverson may be too much for Duhon to handle.

I dont see DAntoni removing Chandler from the lineup anytime soon and he's gonna stick with him at the PF spot.

Sorry enough, our bench is limited to Tim Thomas, Anthony Roberson and Malik Rose. I think DAntoni will be forced to use Stephon given the lack of able bodies but we all know where that one is going.

Tim Thomas should have a nice game on the offensive end coming in for our frontcourt players. Only Jason Maxiell should be a challenge off their bench cause everyone else they have will probably see many minutes against our starters and won't get it done.

Roberson has been a dud... he just doesnt exude confidence in his shot. He's trying too hard and needs to relax more and let the shot come to him. He's gonna get plenty of minutes during these couple of weeks so he should not worry about fuuuking up and just play the damn game.

How many 3's will Malik shoot tonight? Maybe none 'cause I think Dantoni will use him for like 4 minutes.

Knicks 96 Pistons 91

I can't wait to watch this game - our backcourt is going to have their @sses handed to them...

AI and RIP are gonna rip Duhon and Roberson to shreds!!

As Berman of the NYPost said - if Marbury does not play in this game - the only way he will ever play on the knicks again is if the whole team contracts the ebola virus! lol

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Walsh waived Mobley's physical and approved the Zach Randolph deal, showing that trade was all about the cap and not about remaining competitive, considering Mobley's uncertain status. Mobley will miss tonight and Saturday vs. Golden State.

In addition, Nate RobinsonNate Robinson strained a groin, heard a pop when he went up for a layup in the second quarter. They listed him as "day to day.'' Groins are tricky. D'Antoni mentioned the possibility of being out at least a week.

Without Mobley, without Jamal CrawfordJamal Crawford , without Mardy CollinsMardy Collins , without Robinson, where does that leave the guard position? In the hands of Chris Duhon and Anthony Roberson tonight in Detroit against Allen Iverson. Does D'Antoni swallow his pride and ask Marbury if he wants to play tonight or does he again show a lack of common sense and not dress him. Marbury and AI have battled, seemingly, their whole lives.

If Marbury does not suit up tonight, then the only way he will play a game as a Knick is if the entire club contracts the Ebola Virus.

nate wont be out more than a week or two..I just exed out o the report sorry for not givin link

We're going to need Cutino in a game like with Robinson being injured and we probably wont have him yet ...against Iverson, I would also have Q-Rich guarding him. It will be tough enough up front for the Knicks, but I think the perimeter defense against the Pistons is going to be key as well. If they cant stop that, this game is over quicker than against Cleveland.

duhon on ai.. duhon is pretty quick.. woulda put nate on ai though

Why does everyone worry about AI? He isn't that great. We hate on Crawford, me especially, but AI is a smaller, higher scoring version. He's shot 42.6% from the field for his career. That is below the average that teams shoot. Let him score 40. It won't matter. If he is shooting below what his team is shooting, then they score less points its simple. They key is to play D on him and keep him at his shooting average. He is 40% this year with Detroit. He isn't a problem unless he is shooting well.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

This could be Marb's last opprotunity to play as a Knick...i honestly think he does, and he needs to, whatever is between D'Antoni and Marbury must be put to rest today we WILL NOT beat the pistons with Duhon and Roberson as our only gaurds we need him, Marbury could and has competed with Iverson and has the quickness to guard A.I or RIP...get him some minutes, and this is fact-Marbury will produce if he plays thats all he's done his career, he wont disappoint

IMO, Crawford is a better, more dynamic player, than Mobely: capable of hitting bigger shots and being a truly great second option. Moreover, contrary to what ABCD said in his post, Mobely IS the same player he's always been, his numbers are almost identical, for his entire career.

I think it's important, when understanding my statement, that you look at the fact that Crawford has never played with the quality of players, or coaches, that Mobely has. If Craw had the chance to play on the Raptors, Magic, or some other team of similar quality, you'd see what he's really capable of. I might be wrong, but it's a fact that Crawford has never gotten an opportunity to work with quality teams. It's like sticking a teacher in crappy school and calling him or her crappy, as a result of the school's performance: it's not fair and does not give the person a true chance to prove him or herself.

As for tonight, we're going to catch an ass whippin. Our team looks like one of those expansion teams, from the 90s, that picked up all of the washed up bums in the league. I guess it's coma time, for the knicks.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Why does everyone worry about AI? He isn't that great. We hate on Crawford, me especially, but AI is a smaller, higher scoring version. He's shot 42.6% from the field for his career. That is below the average that teams shoot. Let him score 40. It won't matter. If he is shooting below what his team is shooting, then they score less points its simple. They key is to play D on him and keep him at his shooting average. He is 40% this year with Detroit. He isn't a problem unless he is shooting well.
    You a hater. Allen Iverson is one of the best guards in the NBA.

Originally Posted by abcd
    You a hater. Allen Iverson is one of the best guards in the NBA.
    Good job ignoring my stats and reasoning behind them. Just keep proving that you're nothing but your big mouth, you're doing a great job at that so far.

I hate to say...AI has always been one of my favorites but i think hes on the decline. I cant think of many players who are still it their best when they hit 33. I hope he proves me wrong though...just not tonight.

I dont understand why Mobleys not playin, he should be.