Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Guard-less Knicks for next 5 games

  1. #1
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Guard-less Knicks for next 5 games

    The Knicks are suddenly without Jamal Crawford (traded), Cuttino Mobley (heart) and Nate Robinson (groin), leaving Chris Duhon and Anthony Roberson as their only guards.

    It would make sense for the Knicks to suit up Stephon Marbury, but we're not holding our breath.
    Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    More Importantly....I don't wanna sumbit the next 3 games, if Mobley and Nate are out we need some guards to win these games....

    Duhon, and q-rich will play alot but Roberson isn't ready for NBA action...he is just a bench guy that can add alil shooting here or there ....

    look at our next 5 games:

    <TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores>Wed, Nov 26</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=yspscores> Sat, Nov 29</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:30 pm </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores> Tue, Dec 2</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:30 pm </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=yspscores> Wed, Dec 3</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:00 pm </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores> Fri, Dec 5</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:30 pm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

  2. #2
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Looks like we will be lucky to win 2 of the next 5 games. It's going to be tough, but we've got tough young players. I'm still putting alot of faith in Wilson. Plus Harrington should be playing for the majority of those games. We just may have a fighting chance.

  3. #3
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Your forgetting that half of our foward's are only playing SF/PF because we have no Center! Chandler and Q could both play G/SF because we'd still have Tim Thomas and Al Harrington (aka our new ballhog/chucker) to play SF/PF, both have 3pt range and are soft anyway. That leaves Lee at Center and Duhon and Roberson to play the point..... at least that's how I see it?


    PG - Duhon/Roberson
    SG - Chandler/Q (or vice versa)/Roberson
    SF - T.Thomas/Al Harrinton/Q/Chandler (all interchangable)
    PF - Al Harrinton/T.Thomas (or vice versa)/Chandler
    C - Lee/ and anyone that can give D.Lee some rest?

  4. #4
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    hopefully jefferies comes back .,

    and wish our draft pick could contribute, but thats another story...

    and there goes Mikey D's theory of only playing 8 players...

    I bet he plays 10 players the rest of the year....

  5. #5
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by richtree
    hopefully jefferies comes back .,

    and wish our draft pick could contribute, but thats another story...

    and there goes Mikey D's theory of only playing 8 players...

    I bet he plays 10 players the rest of the year....



    Jeffries will be a welcome addition for our frontcourt, but I've said it before and I'll say it again , you can count us in for the lottery again this year

  6. #6
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    At least Roberson plays decent defense... :/

  7. #7
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Am I the only Knick fan that thinks Jefferies is trash? I can't stand him and think his game is weaksauce. What am I missing?

  8. #8
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by richtree
    The Knicks are suddenly without Jamal Crawford (traded), Cuttino Mobley (heart) and Nate Robinson (groin), leaving Chris Duhon and Anthony Roberson as their only guards.

    It would make sense for the Knicks to suit up Stephon Marbury, but we're not holding our breath.
    Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    More Importantly....I don't wanna sumbit the next 3 games, if Mobley and Nate are out we need some guards to win these games....

    Duhon, and q-rich will play alot but Roberson isn't ready for NBA action...he is just a bench guy that can add alil shooting here or there ....

    look at our next 5 games:

    <TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores>Wed, Nov 26</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=yspscores>Sat, Nov 29</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:30 pm </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores>Tue, Dec 2</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:30 pm </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD class=yspscores>Wed, Dec 3</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:00 pm </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD class=yspscores>Fri, Dec 5</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap>at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</TD><TD class=yspscores noWrap align=right>7:30 pm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    nice find richtree.....thats a tough stretch coming up our only winnable game looks to be Golden State, and it makes lots of sense to play Marb's all differences aside and play him we need him dont care if you agree or disagree with Marbs..

  9. #9
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    like I said from dec 1st forward our next 14games are awful.....

    we are gonna get pounded and pounded alot..

  10. #10
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    Jeffries will be a welcome addition for our frontcourt, but I've said it before and I'll say it again , you can count us in for the lottery again this year
    Originally Posted by richtree
    like I said from dec 1st forward our next 14games are awful.....

    we are gonna get pounded and pounded alot..
    we gonna get abused down low this season...as long as we show some life and fight to the final buzzer whether we lose by 20 or 1 long as we dont quit

    oh well back to the lottery part 6..........Thabeet-or Harden-or Rubio/Jennings here we come.....

  11. #11
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    yeah, I think Zach was playing well, and comfortable in our system....

    hes gonna be tuff to replace the scoring / boards/ consistency...

    harrington and thomas will have to combine to try to do this....


    oh well, had to ship out the contract....

    lets get to fighting ....

    -tree

  12. #12
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    But I liked being above .500!!!

  13. #13
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    ^ loll we got a glimpse of whats to come soon(being over .500)

  14. #14
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Not soon enough lol. But I think we'll break the Celtics record of most difference in wins from one year to the next, if everything goes as planned. Just gotta get through these 2 years.

  15. #15
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Am I the only Knick fan that thinks Jefferies is trash? I can't stand him and think his game is weaksauce. What am I missing?

    No I'm sure your not the only one

    The only thing your missing about Jeffries is that coach D loves him and thinks he'll be a huge contributer for the team........ or maby that's code talk for drive up his value and trade him?

Similar Threads

  1. Indiana Pacers vs New York Knicks Game Thread 2/5
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Feb 07, 2008, 17:27
  2. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25
  3. New York Knicks at Orlando Magic Game Thread 12/26
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2008, 22:21
  4. Stop the WHINING.. PLEASE!! & READ
    By lilman_bklyn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 16:37
  5. Today In NBA
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NBA
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: Apr 22, 2005, 11:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •