And So The Mess Continues, Q Calls Out Steph

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/2008/11/q_bomb_drops_on_marbury.html

?I don?t consider him my teammate, so, I mean, whatever," Quentin Richardson said. "He hasn?t played with us all year, he doesn?t want to play with us. He?s expressed that a second time, so whatever. I don?t look at him as a teammate because teammates don?t do that. Regardless of what you have going on with the organization or what you have going on with your coach or whatever, you?re not going to allow your teammates to be left out there the way they were left out there . . . Regardless of how you?re trying to stick it to whoever. At the end of the day, we?re getting left out there and we?re shorthanded, people are hurt and people are still playing. Chris is banged up pretty bad. He?s got an ankle injury and his back is messed up pretty bad and he?s playing. But I mean, once again, I don?t really pay any attention to it because I don?t look at him as a teammate anyway.?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
And the knicksonline.com sh1tstorm begins.
That's coming from a member of the team so I dare say the feeling is mutual throughout the players, coaches and so forth.

Could be a pre-determined push to have him ousted?

Fine by me.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Here is what this 100000 reply thread is going to consist of!

Team Starbaury:Well Steph 20 pt 8 ast career guy was replaced by Duhon and was told that the team was going in a different direction, so why should he play! Mike Dantoni is only using Steph now because the team is shorthanded. Watch when Cutinno and Nate are back then Steph will be back on the bench, so why should he play? I hate Q-Brick for lashing out against Steph. I love Stephon unconditionally! and I hope Duhon and Dantoni die

Haterbaury's response: Q-Rich is right!Steph has left his team out to dry. This is why he has clashed with teamates and coaches everywhere he has gone. Mebauary is a cancer to the team and we will be better off without him! I hate him, his shoe line and the nice suites he wears to the game!

Nuetral Fans: Q-Rich was right in his opinion, but why go to the papers with it. This sort of thing only makes our team look bad! Steph shouldve done what he is paid to do, and Q shouldve stayed quiet. Frankly I'm tired of all of this! Q, you throwing a teamate under the bus is just as irresponsible as Steph not playing. Steph,you're being a real female dog about this! Zach Randolph was going to play behind Jared Jefferies and but took his opportunity to start when it came to him. Now is your opportunity to show team's you can 1. still play at a high level and 2.that you would put your ego aside to benefit your team. Now we the fans have to deal with the backlash of this!

New New York's Dinner's response:Here it is I'm up early to start my Turkey,Baked Mac & Cheese, Greens etc. and then I make the mistake of reading this Thread (not mad at the thread starter just the article in it) now my Thanksgiving is ruined by this madness!

smokes

Huge Member
*hopes this thread stays on topic and doesn't turn into a 10 page flamewar*

Either way this is just press. Clearly Marbury isn't part of this team anymore and whoevers "fault" it is doesn't really matter now, time to move on for both parties.

Red

TYPE-A
Team Starbaury:Well Steph 20 pt 8 ast career guy was replaced by Duhon and was told that the team was going in a different direction, so why should he play! Mike Dantoni is only using Steph now because the team is shorthanded. Watch when Cutinno and Nate are back then Steph will be back on the bench, so why should he play? I hate Q-Brick for lashing out against Steph. I love Stephon unconditionally! and I hope Duhon and Dantoni die

Haterbaury's response: Q-Rich is right!Steph has left his team out to dry. This is why he has clashed with teamates and coaches everywhere he has gone. Mebauary is a cancer to the team and we will be better off without him! I hate him, his shoe line and the nice suites he wears to the game!

Nuetral Fans: Q-Rich was right in his opinion, but why go to the papers with it. This sort of thing only makes our team look bad! Steph shouldve done what he is paid to do, and Q shouldve stayed quiet. Frankly I'm tired of all of this! Q, you throwing a teamate under the bus is just as irresponsible as Steph not playing. Steph,you're being a real female dog about this! Zach Randolph was going to play behind Jared Jefferies and but took his opportunity to start when it came to him. Now is your opportunity to show team's you can 1. still play at a high level and 2.that you would put your ego aside to benefit your team. Now we the fans have to deal with the backlash of this!

New New York's Dinner's response:Here it is I'm up early to start my Turkey,Baked Mac & Cheese, Greens etc. and then I make the mistake of reading this Thread (not mad at the thread starter just the article in it) now my Thanksgiving is ruined by this madness!

Yo mad funny, I agree
But like I stated in the thread re: the lebron rumors..
See this was the rumor all along and people refused to believe but more than likely it was the truth. That his team didn't like him, D'Antoni didn't like him, he was selfish etc... Sure he came in, in shape ready to play but upon being benched he started bitchn' and it was further downhill from there.

Akamu

The King
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/2008/11/q_bomb_drops_on_marbury.html

?I don?t consider him my teammate, so, I mean, whatever," Quentin Richardson said. "He hasn?t played with us all year, he doesn?t want to play with us. He?s expressed that a second time, so whatever. I don?t look at him as a teammate because teammates don?t do that. Regardless of what you have going on with the organization or what you have going on with your coach or whatever, you?re not going to allow your teammates to be left out there the way they were left out there . . . Regardless of how you?re trying to stick it to whoever. At the end of the day, we?re getting left out there and we?re shorthanded, people are hurt and people are still playing. Chris is banged up pretty bad. He?s got an ankle injury and his back is messed up pretty bad and he?s playing. But I mean, once again, I don?t really pay any attention to it because I don?t look at him as a teammate anyway.?

Let go of the hate and stop bringing him up, Starbury is not going to play already we all know this-

Do something else no need to instigate, go eat a newspaper article it's a day to eat and give thanks- :thumbsup:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Let go of the hate and stop bringing him up, Starbury is not going to play already we all know this-

Do something else no need to instigate, go eat a newspaper article it's a day to eat and give thanks- :thumbsup:

not instigating homie, if fact I was poking fun at it to defuse the potential argument!

Akamu

The King
I understand, I just don't wanna see people complaining when people that support him are not even bringing these topics up. Beating on a dead horse-

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
i loved marbury but now i think he's just stupid a Q is right, he just left them there short handed. a teammate would never do that i mean they don't have any of there best players anymore thanks to the trades and injuries. steph can make this a win-win situation. He can play and show of his skills and get a good contract next year or... he can not play and play for the last time in the nba. the dumbass chose lose-lose

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
anyone who trys to back marbury in this situation knows hes a bitch and they just doin it for the sake of doin it..any real knick fan knows that marburys turned into a plague and that Q just said it best, there's no "why would he play" there's no "oh coach said they goin in a new direction" bs, marbury is a joke of a teamate and has shown his shallowness and 'me over team' time and time again...if he was a real basketball player he'd play no matter what the situation at any chance he has. end of story. hope he never sees the court again in his life.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Q Rich just became my favorite Knick. I don't care how many bricks he shoots, I'm going to forgive a whole bunch of them for saying what had to be said.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Marbury Again!

It does not matter who is right or wrong at this point. The situation is a public relations nightmare for both the Knicks and Marbury. The locker room has got to be uncomfortable.

There will either soon be a buy out or Marbury will be told to chill out at home. The buy out will open up a roster spot. The "chill" out will not.

Dolan should not let this continue. Waive the guy already and move on.

jpz17

Starter
Steph really needs an agent. He's paving his own way out of the NBA.

no matter what he does... some team will want him.. everyone here knows he is still capable of 15 ppg... I'm sure any team would want a guy like that (if they are a contender) guys like KG, Dirk, Kobe.. they would make him shut up and listen to him.. and if it didn't work.. screw it, they'd waive him, no arm no foul! nothing he can do to make teams not try him!

jpz17

Starter
You don't turn you back on your teammates...

But are they even teammates?

q and malik have been doing that even when he played.. talk about bad teammates... Malik Rose is a joke.. he's a bum..... does more bad things to the Knicks than Stephon Marbury does.. I agree with you guys that a team like D'Antoni's needs chemistry.. and Stephon isn't that greatest at that.. but Stpehon wasn't at all the same guy when he came to camp than last year... they judged him on a year with Isiah as coach...:barf:and so do you

portega1968

El Cacique
when a guy from Chicago rips a guy from Coney island in defense of the Knicks, you knowz the world has turned upside down!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
here we go again...

If yall hate so much, yall should be happy that he aint playin. It dont make sense to me. I do think he should be playin but i dont think its as big of a deal as the haters make it out to be. D'antoni embarrassed him opening night. Marbury sat there on the bench expectin to play. Mike D should have been more straightforward with Marbury, and he owes him an apology. And then crawford gets traded, and all of a sudden they got room for Marbury? Fukk outta here, marbury is better then crawford. He should have been the starting shooting guard.