SHOULD ALLEN COME OFF THE BENCH?

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
I dont know if anyone else has noticed ,but the KNICKS are and have been all season A BETTER TEAM WITHOUT ALLEN HOUSTON.Now i know you cant just replace a pure shooter like ALLEN,but his injuries this year definiteley make him less effective than in the past.Shandon absolutely plays fundamental man to man D on the opposing teams 2 guard position.Something ALLEN has trouble doing due to less mobility.This usually leads to a big 1st quarter for opposing teams!Shan creates pressure to keep this from happening.Shan can also run the break and FINISH with a dunk.When's the last time you saw ALLEN attack the rim and finish with a dunk?Again ALLEN'S jumper will stretch defenses ...if hes making them,but Shandons overall elevated play and ALLENS diminished role this season(injuries)makes me wonder if Shan should start.Why not save ALLEN'S knees this year?

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
There is no way the Knicks are a better team without Allan Houston. The players have stepped up when he's not there but don't be fooled. Allan Houston makes the Knicks a much better team!!!!

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'm no big fan of Anderson. No doubt he has a good defensive style. He can't make up for the points that Houston contributes. He doesn't draw the defense out from the paint either, like Houston does. Thats why the Knicks last night didn't score that many points (even though they won). Certainly Shandon has had his nights, where the shots are falling, and he's playing good D, but this guy is not worth half his check. If Anderson could consistently score half to 3/4 of the points that Houston could, I would strongly agree with you.

aaron

Rookie
It is just flat out foolish to say that the knicks are a better team without their best player. The other players just need to get used to playing with houston, since they have played a handfull of games together. Shandon is not even in the same league as Houston, the only thing he will bring the knicks if he is starting is a quick trip to the draft lottery.

JJtheKnick

Starter
the knicks are what

there is no way the knicks are better with out him hes there best shooter
marbary is on a slump and anderson i feel is very good he is a good back up and even a strater for a couple of games but there is no doudt in my mind that THE KNICKS ARE A BETTER TEAM WIT HOUSTON HES AN ALL STAR FOR GODS SAKE!!!

Swishfm3

Rookie
This is funny.....

Not only should Houston come off the bench but he should be the 7th man..lol

If I was the Knicks coach...Houston would only play in the first half...cuz money NEVER shows up for crunch time. (and if one of you DARE to mention that ONE game against Miami in the playoffs, I'm gonna send u a virus)

seriously...Houston sucks. He's an overpaid Hubert Davis.