Marbury Gives Interview, on His "Situation."

Since it looks like he won't be playing, what are the possible outcomes of this saga?

• He gets bought out, for the full amount left on his contract.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • He gets released, without pay, for breach of contract.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • He gets traded.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • He takes less money, in order to get out of this situation.

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
As I, and several other posters have said previously, Marbury feels he's being jerked around. In this New York Post interview, he breaks it all down. I'd offer my analysis, but the article speaks for itself. Somebody, within this whole soap opera, is a liar. If you looked at D'Antoni's face, when reporters would ask him about Steph, he looked like he was completely full of it.

As for Q, he and Malik Rose are well-known snitches and back-stabbers. It's like with Spre, Houston and other former knicks, who went behind Ewing's back and told reporters, without having their names printed, of course, that the team was better without him, etc., etc. We all know how that story went, which is how I think this one might go.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8861202/Marbury-to-Knicks:-'The-marriage-is-over'

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Apparently marbury has at least one friend on the knicks. This article just shows that haterburys are only interested in one side of the story. We have alotta closed minded pricks on here who because of strong biases, cant be taken seriously. Strong biases destroy validity.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I guess the haterburys were wrong. Marbury never refused to play. He just said he wasn't comfortable with the situation, being that Mike D'Antoni is a liar that says one thing one day and then completely changes his story the next. Quentin Snitchardson is garbage. His field goal percentage dropped from 55% to 41.1%, in just 2 1/2 weeks. Don't worry, before the end of this month, that bum's field goal percentage is going to drop to below 40%.

KBlack25

Starter
I guess the haterburys were wrong. Marbury never refused to play. He just said he wasn't comfortable with the situation, being that Mike D'Antoni is a liar that says one thing one day and then completely changes his story the next. Quentin Snitchardson is garbage. His field goal percentage dropped from 55% to 41.1%, in just 2 1/2 weeks. Don't worry, before the end of this month, that bum's field goal percentage is going to drop to below 40%.

What does any of this have to do with the fact that Marbury still refused to fulfill his legally binding contract? Q-Rich's field goal percentage has nothing to do with the fact that for one reason or another Marbury chose to sit.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
?Sheed was just vocal and visual about his (frustration),? Billups said. ?I can?t say it was all Rasheed or it was only Rasheed. But even with that, I just still feel like that should have never come into play. I feel like no matter what the coach is doing, how you feel or whatever, you can?t cheat your teammates and not give maximum effort because you?re mad at the coach.

KBlack25

Starter
?Sheed was just vocal and visual about his (frustration),? Billups said. ?I can?t say it was all Rasheed or it was only Rasheed. But even with that, I just still feel like that should have never come into play. I feel like no matter what the coach is doing, how you feel or whatever, you can?t cheat your teammates and not give maximum effort because you?re mad at the coach.

Great quote from a real PG who has actually won something in his life.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
What does any of this have to do with the fact that Marbury still refused to fulfill his legally binding contract? Q-Rich's field goal percentage has nothing to do with the fact that for one reason or another Marbury chose to sit.
Read the article, then respond.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Berman is probably the only reporter left in NY that doesn't think Marbury was way out of line for not playing. Then again, Berman has the worst case of "man love" for Steph I've ever seen. He's a laughing stock.

It doesn't matter that Steph didn't flat out refuse to play when his number was called. He made it very clear to the coach he did not want to play. That's why his number was not called. It's the same thing. He should be sent home so he can't be a further distraction until a buyout is finally negotiated.

I am counting the hours until he's finally out of NY and signs with another team. Then we can watch from afar and laugh as he eventually causes trouble in that organization and they go down the toilet.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
“Sheed was just vocal and visual about his (frustration),” Billups said. “I can’t say it was all Rasheed or it was only Rasheed. But even with that, I just still feel like that should have never come into play. I feel like no matter what the coach is doing, how you feel or whatever, you can’t cheat your teammates and not give maximum effort because you’re mad at the coach.
Rasheed Wallace was never told he was going to play, then put on the inactive list, and then told to play for 1 week, while a new member of the team was taking a physical. Mike D'Antoni was caught lying twice. He had no intentions in starting Marbury for the rest of the season. They're just waiting for Cuttino Mobley to come back.

KBlack25

Starter
Rasheed Wallace was never told he was going to play, then put on the inactive list, and then told to play for 1 week, while a new member of the team was taking a physical. Mike D'Antoni was caught lying twice. He had no intentions in starting Marbury for the rest of the season. They're just waiting for Cuttino Mobley to come back.

Read the quote, then respond...

What Billups says is as an NBA player in fairness to your teammates you have to give 100% every night. There's no excuse for sitting on the bench.

And I still don't see how Q-Richs FG%age has anything to do witht he fact that Marbury still chose to sit out...

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez

the reason i put that quote has nothing to do wit rasheed, the reason i put that quote was cuz of the second part of it....no matter of what troubles u have wit the coach, that shouldnt affect the team...u suppose to never leave ur team out in da dry...and who cares what d'antoni and donnie walsh say....werent they da same ppl who said jamal was gonna be an all star this year and average 24 points a game for us this year???

and why u so worried about Quentin Richardson???this has nothing to do with Q rich, Q is just speaking his mind and right now i appreciate Q more then marbury cuz Q is playing injured....and anyway i bet if half the team had the balls to say whats in their mind, they'll basically say the same Q said

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Read the quote, then respond...

What Billups says is as an NBA player in fairness to your teammates you have to give 100% every night. There's no excuse for sitting on the bench.

And I still don't see how Q-Richs FG%age has anything to do witht he fact that Marbury still chose to sit out...
lol, You're such a manipulator. You took 1 part of my post and criticized it. My point was that Marbury never refused to play.

Like I said, read the article, then respond.

The article clearly states that Marbury never said he didn't want to play.

He said he didn't feel comfortable with the situation.

To datruth: Quentin Richardson is a snitch. Stop fronting.

KBlack25

Starter
lol, You're such a manipulator. You took 1 part of my post and criticized it. My point was that Marbury never refused to play.

Like I said, read the article, then respond.

The article clearly states that Marbury never said he didn't want to play.

He said he didn't feel comfortable with the situation.

To datruth: Quentin Richardson is a snitch. Stop fronting.

And how again does Marbury "not feeling comfortable with the situation" and then choosing to sit have anything to do with Q-Rich's field goal percentage?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Since the haterburys don't like to read, here's the direct quote from OGKnickfan's article he found:

Players Association attorney Hal Biagas, who represented Marbury during a buyout meeting two weeks ago, said the union would appeal any fine. "He expressed concern he wasn't comfortable, he never said 'no,' " said Biagas, who discussed the matter with Marbury on Wednesday.

Marbury said:
"If you say I gotta play, I'm going to play," Marbury said. "If he said I have to play, guess what, I'm going to get on the court and play, period. If I refuse to play, I'm getting suspended. I never told him I'm not going to play. Those words never came out of my mouth. That's insubordination."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8...e-is-over'

KBlack25

Starter
Since the haterburys don't like to read, here's the direct quote from OGKnickfan's article he found:

Players Association attorney Hal Biagas, who represented Marbury during a buyout meeting two weeks ago, said the union would appeal any fine. "He expressed concern he wasn't comfortable, he never said 'no,' " said Biagas, who discussed the matter with Marbury on Wednesday.

Right, because lawyers always tell the truth...they aren't, you know, known for lying or anything...

If Marbury is speaking the truth, why didn't he speak out after the first time?

And again, what does this have to do with Q-Rich's fg%age, or are you conceding that it doesn't?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Right, because lawyers always tell the truth...they aren't, you know, known for lying or anything...

If Marbury is speaking the truth, why didn't he speak out after the first time?

And again, what does this have to do with Q-Rich's fg%age, or are you conceding that it doesn't?
My last post didn't say anything about Quentin Richardson.

KBlack, this is for your benefit.

Stop being a liar and stop manipulating other people's posts.

MARBURY SAID HIMSELF:
"If you say I gotta play, I'm going to play," Marbury said. "If he said I have to play, guess what, I'm going to get on the court and play, period. If I refuse to play, I'm getting suspended. I never told him I'm not going to play. Those words never came out of my mouth. That's insubordination."

KBlack, I used to think you were a decent poster, but little by little, you're proving me wrong. You seem to always pick one part of someone's post and try to exploit it, whenever you get proven wrong. If you're wrong about something, it's no big deal. Just try to learn from your mistakes. No need to manipulate other people's posts.

KBlack25

Starter
abcd: "I guess the haterburys were wrong. Marbury never refused to play. He just said he wasn't comfortable with the situation, being that Mike D'Antoni is a liar that says one thing one day and then completely changes his story the next. Quentin Snitchardson is garbage. His field goal percentage dropped from 55% to 41.1%, in just 2 1/2 weeks. Don't worry, before the end of this month, that bum's field goal percentage is going to drop to below 40%"

So again, tell me how this has anything to do with Stephon Marbury?

In addition, if that was the case where was Marbury the first time this happened? What makes this time different?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
abcd: "I guess the haterburys were wrong. Marbury never refused to play. He just said he wasn't comfortable with the situation, being that Mike D'Antoni is a liar that says one thing one day and then completely changes his story the next. Quentin Snitchardson is garbage. His field goal percentage dropped from 55% to 41.1%, in just 2 1/2 weeks. Don't worry, before the end of this month, that bum's field goal percentage is going to drop to below 40%"

So again, tell me how this has anything to do with Stephon Marbury?

In addition, if that was the case where was Marbury the first time this happened? What makes this time different?
Why don't you bold the part OF MY POST that says, "Marbury never refused to play. He just wasn't comfortable with the situation."

Read post # 17.

Once again, stop lying, and stop manipulating people's posts. It really makes you look bad.

KBlack25

Starter
Because that's not the part I'm talking about nor is it the part that I'm denying has any relevance.

The part I'm talking about is showing you that you did in fact talk about Q-Rich and his field goal percentage.

Edit: Nor am I lying, where have I lied?

You're just a little crybaby Team Starbury buttplugger...

WAHHH HE'S LYING AND MANIPULATING WHAT I SAID! WAHHHH

Get over yourself, I showed you exactly what I was talking about, never lied, never "manipulated", you just know you're wrong...keep on doing this:
ist2_1795210_cry_baby.jpg