View Poll Results: Since it looks like he won't be playing, what are the possible outcomes of this saga?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • He gets bought out, for the full amount left on his contract.

    7 31.82%
  • He gets released, without pay, for breach of contract.

    6 27.27%
  • He gets traded.

    1 4.55%
  • He takes less money, in order to get out of this situation.

    8 36.36%
Page 1 of 12 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 172

Thread: Marbury Gives Interview, on His "Situation."

  1. #1
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Marbury Gives Interview, on His "Situation."

    As I, and several other posters have said previously, Marbury feels he's being jerked around. In this New York Post interview, he breaks it all down. I'd offer my analysis, but the article speaks for itself. Somebody, within this whole soap opera, is a liar. If you looked at D'Antoni's face, when reporters would ask him about Steph, he looked like he was completely full of it.

    As for Q, he and Malik Rose are well-known snitches and back-stabbers. It's like with Spre, Houston and other former knicks, who went behind Ewing's back and told reporters, without having their names printed, of course, that the team was better without him, etc., etc. We all know how that story went, which is how I think this one might go.


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by OGKnickfan; Nov 28, 2008 at 09:30.

  2. #2
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Apparently marbury has at least one friend on the knicks. This article just shows that haterburys are only interested in one side of the story. We have alotta closed minded pricks on here who because of strong biases, cant be taken seriously. Strong biases destroy validity.

  3. #3
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I guess the haterburys were wrong. Marbury never refused to play. He just said he wasn't comfortable with the situation, being that Mike D'Antoni is a liar that says one thing one day and then completely changes his story the next. Quentin Snitchardson is garbage. His field goal percentage dropped from 55% to 41.1%, in just 2 1/2 weeks. Don't worry, before the end of this month, that bum's field goal percentage is going to drop to below 40%.

  4. #4
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    I guess the haterburys were wrong. Marbury never refused to play. He just said he wasn't comfortable with the situation, being that Mike D'Antoni is a liar that says one thing one day and then completely changes his story the next. Quentin Snitchardson is garbage. His field goal percentage dropped from 55% to 41.1%, in just 2 1/2 weeks. Don't worry, before the end of this month, that bum's field goal percentage is going to drop to below 40%.
    What does any of this have to do with the fact that Marbury still refused to fulfill his legally binding contract? Q-Rich's field goal percentage has nothing to do with the fact that for one reason or another Marbury chose to sit.

  5. #5
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    “Sheed was just vocal and visual about his (frustration),” Billups said. “I can’t say it was all Rasheed or it was only Rasheed. But even with that, I just still feel like that should have never come into play. I feel like no matter what the coach is doing, how you feel or whatever, you can’t cheat your teammates and not give maximum effort because you’re mad at the coach.

  6. #6
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    “Sheed was just vocal and visual about his (frustration),” Billups said. “I can’t say it was all Rasheed or it was only Rasheed. But even with that, I just still feel like that should have never come into play. I feel like no matter what the coach is doing, how you feel or whatever, you can’t cheat your teammates and not give maximum effort because you’re mad at the coach.
    Great quote from a real PG who has actually won something in his life.

  7. #7
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    What does any of this have to do with the fact that Marbury still refused to fulfill his legally binding contract? Q-Rich's field goal percentage has nothing to do with the fact that for one reason or another Marbury chose to sit.
    Read the article, then respond.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Berman is probably the only reporter left in NY that doesn't think Marbury was way out of line for not playing. Then again, Berman has the worst case of "man love" for Steph I've ever seen. He's a laughing stock.

    It doesn't matter that Steph didn't flat out refuse to play when his number was called. He made it very clear to the coach he did not want to play. That's why his number was not called. It's the same thing. He should be sent home so he can't be a further distraction until a buyout is finally negotiated.

    I am counting the hours until he's finally out of NY and signs with another team. Then we can watch from afar and laugh as he eventually causes trouble in that organization and they go down the toilet.

  9. #9
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    “Sheed was just vocal and visual about his (frustration),” Billups said. “I can’t say it was all Rasheed or it was only Rasheed. But even with that, I just still feel like that should have never come into play. I feel like no matter what the coach is doing, how you feel or whatever, you can’t cheat your teammates and not give maximum effort because you’re mad at the coach.
    Rasheed Wallace was never told he was going to play, then put on the inactive list, and then told to play for 1 week, while a new member of the team was taking a physical. Mike D'Antoni was caught lying twice. He had no intentions in starting Marbury for the rest of the season. They're just waiting for Cuttino Mobley to come back.

  10. #10
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Rasheed Wallace was never told he was going to play, then put on the inactive list, and then told to play for 1 week, while a new member of the team was taking a physical. Mike D'Antoni was caught lying twice. He had no intentions in starting Marbury for the rest of the season. They're just waiting for Cuttino Mobley to come back.
    Read the quote, then respond...

    What Billups says is as an NBA player in fairness to your teammates you have to give 100% every night. There's no excuse for sitting on the bench.

    And I still don't see how Q-Richs FG%age has anything to do witht he fact that Marbury still chose to sit out...

  11. #11
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Read the article, then respond.
    Read the article, nothing about Q-Rich's field goal percentage making it more excusable for Marbury to choose to sit.

  12. #12
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Rasheed Wallace was never told he was going to play, then put on the inactive list, and then told to play for 1 week, while a new member of the team was taking a physical. Mike D'Antoni was caught lying twice. He had no intentions in starting Marbury for the rest of the season. They're just waiting for Cuttino Mobley to come back.
    the reason i put that quote has nothing to do wit rasheed, the reason i put that quote was cuz of the second part of it....no matter of what troubles u have wit the coach, that shouldnt affect the team...u suppose to never leave ur team out in da dry...and who cares what d'antoni and donnie walsh say....werent they da same ppl who said jamal was gonna be an all star this year and average 24 points a game for us this year???

    and why u so worried about Quentin Richardson???this has nothing to do with Q rich, Q is just speaking his mind and right now i appreciate Q more then marbury cuz Q is playing injured....and anyway i bet if half the team had the balls to say whats in their mind, they'll basically say the same Q said

  13. #13
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Read the quote, then respond...

    What Billups says is as an NBA player in fairness to your teammates you have to give 100% every night. There's no excuse for sitting on the bench.

    And I still don't see how Q-Richs FG%age has anything to do witht he fact that Marbury still chose to sit out...
    lol, You're such a manipulator. You took 1 part of my post and criticized it. My point was that Marbury never refused to play.

    Like I said, read the article, then respond.

    The article clearly states that Marbury never said he didn't want to play.

    He said he didn't feel comfortable with the situation.

    To datruth: Quentin Richardson is a snitch. Stop fronting.

  14. #14
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    lol, You're such a manipulator. You took 1 part of my post and criticized it. My point was that Marbury never refused to play.

    Like I said, read the article, then respond.

    The article clearly states that Marbury never said he didn't want to play.

    He said he didn't feel comfortable with the situation.

    To datruth: Quentin Richardson is a snitch. Stop fronting.
    And how again does Marbury "not feeling comfortable with the situation" and then choosing to sit have anything to do with Q-Rich's field goal percentage?

  15. #15
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Since the haterburys don't like to read, here's the direct quote from OGKnickfan's article he found:


    Players Association attorney Hal Biagas, who represented Marbury during a buyout meeting two weeks ago, said the union would appeal any fine. "He expressed concern he wasn't comfortable, he never said 'no,' " said Biagas, who discussed the matter with Marbury on Wednesday.

    Marbury said:
    "If you say I gotta play, I'm going to play," Marbury said. "If he said I have to play, guess what, I'm going to get on the court and play, period. If I refuse to play, I'm getting suspended. I never told him I'm not going to play. Those words never came out of my mouth. That's insubordination."

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Similar Threads

  1. Anthony, Rivers, Strickland, Jackson, Childs, Ward &...Duhon?
    By EddieCurrysCancer in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: Dec 01, 2008, 22:44
  2. Marbury Is The Real Clown
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Oct 03, 2008, 07:11
  3. Marbury speaks out
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 11:14
  4. Stephon Marbury Banned From MSG!!!!
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2008, 18:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •