View Poll Results: Will the Knicks come out with a win?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 39.13%
  • No

14 60.87%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Official New York Knicks vs. Portland Trailblazers Game Thread 12/2/08

Originally Posted by bigpat33
    Who's gonna guard Roy? This one's gonna be hauntingly reminiscent of the Pistons game. I dare say that there will be 7-8 out of 10 or 11 players in double figures for the Blazers. Once the bigs come in off the Blazers bench, guys like Outlaw are gonna have a field day against NY's tired legs.

Duhon vs Blake is a key match to me as well as Harrington vs Aldridge. Blake is a robotic point guard and rarely errors. Don't want him to have a freelance shooting or passing game at all. Look for Oden to have his first big game against a small front court.

We NEED to force a low assist/turnover ratio and force more individual play.

Q Rich has to have another decent rebounding game and so does Chandler who should be pulling in 7-8 rpg.

Is N8 back? I hope so.

Not very optimistic for this one.

Too many weapons and too big.

Knicks 90-100 odd points to Blazers 110+
    I would have chandler guard roy...i think hes the only player on this team that can stay with him and contest his shots. But your right, its gonna be a tough game and i see the blazers winning. There too balanced for us.

KnicksonLIN.com

I hope you all liked this thread. I'm going to make another basketball related thread later today. I will try to make as many basketball related threads as possible.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I would have chandler guard roy...i think hes the only player on this team that can stay with him and contest his shots. But your right, its gonna be a tough game and i see the blazers winning. There too balanced for us.
    Looks like the best option doesn't it. When he (roy) has the ball, denying passes and rotating will be key. He's a smooth passer and gets to the hoop with regularity.

When Harrington brings Aldridge out from the key on our offense, Lee will need another big inside scoring game and will need to get to, and convert, at the stripe. A repeat performance isn't gonna happen but 18+ points and 12+ boards is gonna be necessary.

If Tim Thomas can get involved with his shot and on the glass, that will be a massive help. He had 15 & 9 against the Warriors but that is far less likely against Portland.

If we can maintain cohesion and stay ahead of Philly, Chicago and Miami by the All Star break and trade Curry for a favorable return, I honestly think we can get close to 40 wins and make the playoffs. 8th seed is an instant exit though at this stage.

Fingers, toes, eyes and nutz crossed.

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by jam4nick
    hey ...whats up guys can anyone give me some info on MOBLEY AND CURRY and when they will return to the line up
    Yeah i can.........

Mobley=I dont know.
    Curry= Who cares, i hope he never comes back!

We got this one. The only player that will give us constant trouble is roy. The rest of their future stars are still unproven. Oden is a good baller but he'll be tired by the 3rd quarter from all the running that our style consists of. I hope nate returns. I want to see nate get a block on oden. Stuff the **** out of him

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    We got this one. The only player that will give us constant trouble is roy. The rest of their future stars are still unproven. Oden is a good baller but he'll be tired by the 3rd quarter from all the running that our style consists of. I hope nate returns. I want to see nate get a block on oden. Stuff the **** out of him
    Yeah, your comment seems about right for a person with only 30 posts. lol

If you think guys like Aldridge (scoring/rebounding/defense) Oden (rebounding/defense), Prysbilla (scoring/defense/rebounding), Fernandez (scoring), Bayless (quickness), Frye (6'11" rebounding) won't give us trouble then you haven't been keeping up with the Blazers.

This definitely won't be an easy game for the knicks to win.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk

If you think guys like Aldridge (scoring/rebounding/defense) Oden (rebounding/defense), Prysbilla (scoring/defense/rebounding), Fernandez (scoring), Bayless (quickness), Frye (6'11" rebounding) won't give us trouble then you haven't been keeping up with the Blazers.

Holy crap we agree , They are just to big for us. Though Frye and Aldrage like that top of the key jump shot they both can bang down low (as well as Prysbilla) and really hurt our lack of size, our Guards will all ready have their hands full with Fernandez (looks great) and Roy.

My prediction is a Knicks loss

The size differences between the teams could play in favor of either of them. D'Antoni notoriously likes to go small but Portland is stacked with big guys. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Especially after the Knicks exploded against a similarly designed GS team. The Blazers will do their best to keep it a half court game.

Lurker

Default Blazer Fan here

I want to first say, this is a really cool site you guys have here, your all lucky to have a site like this, run by the people. From what I've seen, it's full of some classy people.

Originally Posted by SpursFan4Life74833
    The size differences between the teams could play in favor of either of them. D'Antoni notoriously likes to go small but Portland is stacked with big guys. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Especially after the Knicks exploded against a similarly designed GS team. The Blazers will do their best to keep it a half court game.
    I will try to give you guys an in-depth look at our Trail Blazers.

The Bigs
    SpursFan hits this one right on the dot. There are few teams who can match our Bigs (Oden, Pryzbilla, LMA, Frye). From what I've read in this thread, I think some people are overlooking Joel Pryzbilla. He's not as explosive as Oden (post-surgery) but he's just as good, if not better, defending the paint and snagging rebounds. Offensively, Joel has been playing his best basketball in his career, being just as effective as Oden. I don't know a whole lot about the Knicks, so I'm not sure who your center is (with Curry out), but whoever is clashing with Greg and Joel (David Lee?) will have their hands full.

LMA is coming off a big game, Harrington is coming off a bigger game, both don't pride themselves on defense and both should put up some pretty big numbers.

If the Blazers rebound to their capabilities, they should dominate the boards. With the Knicks outside game, it will be critical for the Blazers to grab the long rebounds. Look for Oden, Pryzbilla, Aldridge, Batum and Outlaw to grab some offensive boards. But with those players charging, I could see the Knicks getting some fast break points on the boards they do grab.

Batum

He's the 19 year old version of Tayshaun Prince. Out of France, he is just as gritty as the Compton native Prince. Obviously not as good, but similar. Same body (tall and skinny), very athletic, great perimeter defense, can hit the 3 and can finish around the basket. My bet is he'll be guarding one of the Knicks shooters and that will be a key match-up.

Roy

If the Knicks defense starts getting on your nerves, just watch Brandon Roy. You will then see why your defense is bugging you. Watch him off screens, watch how he handles double-teams, watch how he handles one on ones, and WATCH HIS CROSSOVER! Brandon Roy is a top 10 player in the NBA. If you know basketball, you will see why tomorrow night.

Blake

Playing the best basketball of his career, Blake won't make mistakes and is shooting lights out as of late. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].Dayam.

Spanish Connection

You guys should be jealous of Sergio. With Duhon and Nate, I'm not sure where he'd fit in with your team, but D'Antoni could find a place for him. Sergio was almost on the Suns with him and this kid can push it. He's the ignighter off the bench.

If you don't know Rudy Fernandez yet...you will. If you don't believe, venture on over to YouTube and check him out. He is my favorite player in the NBA now. He can shoot, he can dunk, he can pass, and he plays D. Most of all, watch him without the ball, the kid is QUICK.

Outlaw

Very althetic, can shoot the ball, can rebound at times. He's a very very good player but struggles keeping his focus and making routine basketball decisions.

Frye

You guys know Frye. He's a solid player...but his shot has been off as of late.

Bench

Rudy = sick. Sergio = sick. Travis = sick. Frye = ehh. Pryzbilla = sick. The Blazers bench is one of the best in the NBA. They had a tough game against Detriot, so look for them to play well.

My prediction

Blazers 105 Knicks 95. The Knicks should get some nice fast break buckets and some 3's, but in the end, the Blazers are just too deep. The Blazers will outrebound, outhustle, and outshoot the Knicks. Blazers are 5-0 vs the east...Blazers help defense has been on fire, just look what they've done the last 4 games. They've held Sacramento to 90 points, Miami to 68, New Orleans to 86, and Detriot to 85. This will be a good game and goodluck!

Originally Posted by RipCityLove
    From what I've seen, it's full of some classy people.
    My cynical side just exploded, I think I need a glass of water!

No, in all seriousness, it's nice to get the view of someone from the enemy, especially such an in-depth one. One side of me see's the Blazers taking this one due to their depth and defense, however as the saying goes, "offense wins games, defense wins championships". This is just a game and after the scoring performance we put on last time our Knicks are gonna be riding high! Here's hoping for a great game.

Originally Posted by RipCityLove
    I want to first say, this is a really cool site you guys have here, your all lucky to have a site like this, run by the people. From what I've seen, it's full of some classy people.

I will try to give you guys an in-depth look at our Trail Blazers.

The Bigs
    SpursFan hits this one right on the dot. There are few teams who can match our Bigs (Oden, Pryzbilla, LMA, Frye). From what I've read in this thread, I think some people are overlooking Joel Pryzbilla. He's not as explosive as Oden (post-surgery) but he's just as good, if not better, defending the paint and snagging rebounds. Offensively, Joel has been playing his best basketball in his career, being just as effective as Oden. I don't know a whole lot about the Knicks, so I'm not sure who your center is (with Curry out), but whoever is clashing with Greg and Joel (David Lee?) will have their hands full.

LMA is coming off a big game, Harrington is coming off a bigger game, both don't pride themselves on defense and both should put up some pretty big numbers.

If the Blazers rebound to their capabilities, they should dominate the boards. With the Knicks outside game, it will be critical for the Blazers to grab the long rebounds. Look for Oden, Pryzbilla, Aldridge, Batum and Outlaw to grab some offensive boards. But with those players charging, I could see the Knicks getting some fast break points on the boards they do grab.

Batum

He's the 19 year old version of Tayshaun Prince. Out of France, he is just as gritty as the Compton native Prince. Obviously not as good, but similar. Same body (tall and skinny), very athletic, great perimeter defense, can hit the 3 and can finish around the basket. My bet is he'll be guarding one of the Knicks shooters and that will be a key match-up.

Roy

If the Knicks defense starts getting on your nerves, just watch Brandon Roy. You will then see why your defense is bugging you. Watch him off screens, watch how he handles double-teams, watch how he handles one on ones, and WATCH HIS CROSSOVER! Brandon Roy is a top 10 player in the NBA. If you know basketball, you will see why tomorrow night.

Blake

Playing the best basketball of his career, Blake won't make mistakes and is shooting lights out as of late. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].Dayam.

Spanish Connection

You guys should be jealous of Sergio. With Duhon and Nate, I'm not sure where he'd fit in with your team, but D'Antoni could find a place for him. Sergio was almost on the Suns with him and this kid can push it. He's the ignighter off the bench.

If you don't know Rudy Fernandez yet...you will. If you don't believe, venture on over to YouTube and check him out. He is my favorite player in the NBA now. He can shoot, he can dunk, he can pass, and he plays D. Most of all, watch him without the ball, the kid is QUICK.

Outlaw

Very althetic, can shoot the ball, can rebound at times. He's a very very good player but struggles keeping his focus and making routine basketball decisions.

Frye

You guys know Frye. He's a solid player...but his shot has been off as of late.

Bench

Rudy = sick. Sergio = sick. Travis = sick. Frye = ehh. Pryzbilla = sick. The Blazers bench is one of the best in the NBA. They had a tough game against Detriot, so look for them to play well.

My prediction

Blazers 105 Knicks 95. The Knicks should get some nice fast break buckets and some 3's, but in the end, the Blazers are just too deep. The Blazers will outrebound, outhustle, and outshoot the Knicks. Blazers are 5-0 vs the east...Blazers help defense has been on fire, just look what they've done the last 4 games. They've held Sacramento to 90 points, Miami to 68, New Orleans to 86, and Detriot to 85. This will be a good game and goodluck!
    Thanks for the post. I'll be honest with you, I'm very jealous of your team right now. The Blazers are heading in the right direction. We may meet you in the finals in a few years. I've watched a few Blazer games this year. You've got a nice young core of players. Batum and Fernandez are going to be good players, I wish we had them.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk

Listen, every team is going to give us reason to worry. I'm just looking at our advantages...

I live in Queens, NY, I'm on a knicks related website, where I converse with other knick fans about their views on the new york knicks. So why the hell would I keep up with the blazers?!

Blazers are way too good, young and deep for any short handed team to win.
    They have so much young interchangeable good players, and they all play so hard, i just dont see how Knicks could stay fresh against them for 4 quarters.

The only hope is that they spend to much time getting Oden playing time, and let Knicks to gain big lead. Other Blazers arent playing so good with Oden on court yet.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    camby and z-bo were beastin on the heat last night.

zBo-27pts(11-20), 13rbs, 3asts
    Camby-12pts, 12rbs, 4blks, 3asts

Thats the type of player randolph needs next to him (no homo), someone who can block shots and defend.

Good game thread abcd. I agree with Lee being the spotlight player...without randolph, theres alotta rebounds to be had. Its lee's time to shine.
    It's close, but I'd pick Duhon, it will be very hard for him to compare to last game

Originally Posted by jam4nick
    hey ...whats up guys can anyone give me some info on MOBLEY AND CURRY and when they will return to the line up
    Curry's chances to return to the starting line up are worse then Marbury's for that mater.