act_al_harrington.jpg

Al Harrington and the Knicks
leads team--->17 points per game, 7 rebounds

vs.

t1_brandon_roy.jpg

Brandon Roy and the Trailblazers
17th in the NBA --->21.1 points, 5.1 assists

nyk_logo.gif

The Knicks are coming off an impressive 13 point win against the Golden State Warriors. It was a big team effort, and everyone was hot from all parts of the floor. The Knicks look to make it two in a row, as the take on the Portland Trailblazers.

por_logo.jpg

The Trailblazers have been red hot. They are currently on a 4 game winning streak and have an 12-6 record, overall. They look to stay hot, as they take on the New York Knicks

Key Matchup:
998_723609565_alicia_keys__12__h003515_l.jpg

Al Harrington
464840226_255e6286c0.jpg

vs.

Lamarcus Aldridge
act_lamarcus_aldridge.jpg

Al Harrington is coming off of a 36 point, 12 rebound performance.
Lamarcus Aldridge is one of the better power forwards in the Western Conference. It will be very interesting to see who comes out on top.

Player Spotlight
cmSPOTLIGHT_ARTICLE_wideweb__430x327,0.jpg

David Lee
act_david_lee.jpg

Lee recorded a career-high 37 points and 21 rebounds against the Warriors,
on Saturday. Most of the damage was done inside, as Lee posted a lot of dunks and lay ups, off of missed shots. He also picked up some key rebounds which stopped the Warrior run, down the stretch.

Prediction: Knicks 112 Trailblazers 111
crystal_ball2_bmwPreview.jpg

Starting lineups:

Knicks
PG Duhon
SG Richardson
SF Chandler
PF Harrington
C Lee

Trailblazers
PG Blake
SG Roy
SF Batum
PF Aldridge
C Oden

Video of the day:

<OBJECT height=344 width=425>
&nbsp
&nbsp
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DPGMRAFmoCo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT>[/youtube]

JayJ44

Starter
This is gonna be a long, ugly game for us. Greg Oden is gonna dominate our small frontline, and Brandon Roy will score effortlessly against our bad defense. We're gonna have to double Oden, so Aldridge will probably have a good night too. I hope Cuttino Mobley can play, because we need someone who can defend Brandon Roy.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
lamooooooooooooooo

believe it or not, we need curry, who knows? maybe he'll work out and loose a lol weight and be an effective defensive and offensive force. he has the talent he just needs some motivation. and no im not a curry fan i hate him, im just being optimistic.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
hey ...whats up guys can anyone give me some info on MOBLEY AND CURRY and when they will return to the line up
Eddy Curry is out with an injury, and even if he wasn't injured, he's too fat to play. Cuttino Mobley has heart problems, so he still hasn't been cleared to play yet.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
read in the paper today there questioning whether Mobley will ever play again with his heart conditions...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
read in the paper today there questioning whether Mobley will ever play again with his heart conditions...
Cuttino Mobley has played with a heart condition for a long time, so i doubt he won't be able to play. The newspapers are just trying to build up a story. The only reason Mobley is taking so long to get cleared is because his heart condition keeps popping up, whenever he gets a new physical. He'll be on the Knicks within the next 2-3 weeks. If not, then the Knicks were stupid for trading Randolph, which I already think they are, but that's besides the point. ZBO Od'd on the Heat, the other day. He had 27 points, 13 rebounds, and 1 block, in a 1 point win. The Clippers are 1-1, since the trade. That's saying a lot, considering the Clippers are 3-13 on the season. lmao

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
camby and z-bo were beastin on the heat last night.

zBo-27pts(11-20), 13rbs, 3asts
Camby-12pts, 12rbs, 4blks, 3asts

Thats the type of player randolph needs next to him (no homo), someone who can block shots and defend.

Good game thread abcd. I agree with Lee being the spotlight player...without randolph, theres alotta rebounds to be had. Its lee's time to shine.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Who's gonna guard Roy? This one's gonna be hauntingly reminiscent of the Pistons game. I dare say that there will be 7-8 out of 10 or 11 players in double figures for the Blazers. Once the bigs come in off the Blazers bench, guys like Outlaw are gonna have a field day against NY's tired legs.

Duhon vs Blake is a key match to me as well as Harrington vs Aldridge. Blake is a robotic point guard and rarely errors. Don't want him to have a freelance shooting or passing game at all. Look for Oden to have his first big game against a small front court.

We NEED to force a low assist/turnover ratio and force more individual play.

Q Rich has to have another decent rebounding game and so does Chandler who should be pulling in 7-8 rpg.

Is N8 back? I hope so.

Not very optimistic for this one.

Too many weapons and too big.

Knicks 90-100 odd points to Blazers 110+

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
my prediction

knicks: 111
blazers: 105

i think the blazers will come out strong, and take a nice 8-10 halftime lead, but slowly the knicks will heat up from downtown, and take the lead in the fourth quarter, where they dont let it up

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Who's gonna guard Roy? This one's gonna be hauntingly reminiscent of the Pistons game. I dare say that there will be 7-8 out of 10 or 11 players in double figures for the Blazers. Once the bigs come in off the Blazers bench, guys like Outlaw are gonna have a field day against NY's tired legs.

Duhon vs Blake is a key match to me as well as Harrington vs Aldridge. Blake is a robotic point guard and rarely errors. Don't want him to have a freelance shooting or passing game at all. Look for Oden to have his first big game against a small front court.

We NEED to force a low assist/turnover ratio and force more individual play.

Q Rich has to have another decent rebounding game and so does Chandler who should be pulling in 7-8 rpg.

Is N8 back? I hope so.

Not very optimistic for this one.

Too many weapons and too big.

Knicks 90-100 odd points to Blazers 110+

I would have chandler guard roy...i think hes the only player on this team that can stay with him and contest his shots. But your right, its gonna be a tough game and i see the blazers winning. There too balanced for us.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I hope you all liked this thread. I'm going to make another basketball related thread later today. I will try to make as many basketball related threads as possible.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I would have chandler guard roy...i think hes the only player on this team that can stay with him and contest his shots. But your right, its gonna be a tough game and i see the blazers winning. There too balanced for us.
Looks like the best option doesn't it. When he (roy) has the ball, denying passes and rotating will be key. He's a smooth passer and gets to the hoop with regularity.

When Harrington brings Aldridge out from the key on our offense, Lee will need another big inside scoring game and will need to get to, and convert, at the stripe. A repeat performance isn't gonna happen but 18+ points and 12+ boards is gonna be necessary.

If Tim Thomas can get involved with his shot and on the glass, that will be a massive help. He had 15 & 9 against the Warriors but that is far less likely against Portland.

If we can maintain cohesion and stay ahead of Philly, Chicago and Miami by the All Star break and trade Curry for a favorable return, I honestly think we can get close to 40 wins and make the playoffs. 8th seed is an instant exit though at this stage.

Fingers, toes, eyes and nutz crossed.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
We got this one. The only player that will give us constant trouble is roy. The rest of their future stars are still unproven. Oden is a good baller but he'll be tired by the 3rd quarter from all the running that our style consists of. I hope nate returns. I want to see nate get a block on oden. Stuff the shit out of him