Official New York Knicks vs. Portland Trailblazers Game Thread 12/2/08

Will the Knicks come out with a win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nyk_nyk

All Star
We got this one. The only player that will give us constant trouble is roy. The rest of their future stars are still unproven. Oden is a good baller but he'll be tired by the 3rd quarter from all the running that our style consists of. I hope nate returns. I want to see nate get a block on oden. Stuff the shit out of him
Yeah, your comment seems about right for a person with only 30 posts. lol

If you think guys like Aldridge (scoring/rebounding/defense) Oden (rebounding/defense), Prysbilla (scoring/defense/rebounding), Fernandez (scoring), Bayless (quickness), Frye (6'11" rebounding) won't give us trouble then you haven't been keeping up with the Blazers.

This definitely won't be an easy game for the knicks to win.

If you think guys like Aldridge (scoring/rebounding/defense) Oden (rebounding/defense), Prysbilla (scoring/defense/rebounding), Fernandez (scoring), Bayless (quickness), Frye (6'11" rebounding) won't give us trouble then you haven't been keeping up with the Blazers.

:alert: Holy crap we agree , They are just to big for us. Though Frye and Aldrage like that top of the key jump shot they both can bang down low (as well as Prysbilla) and really hurt our lack of size, our Guards will all ready have their hands full with Fernandez (looks great) and Roy.

My prediction is a Knicks loss :(

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
The size differences between the teams could play in favor of either of them. D'Antoni notoriously likes to go small but Portland is stacked with big guys. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Especially after the Knicks exploded against a similarly designed GS team. The Blazers will do their best to keep it a half court game.

Blazer Fan here

I want to first say, this is a really cool site you guys have here, your all lucky to have a site like this, run by the people. From what I've seen, it's full of some classy people.

SpursFan4Life74833 said:
The size differences between the teams could play in favor of either of them. D'Antoni notoriously likes to go small but Portland is stacked with big guys. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Especially after the Knicks exploded against a similarly designed GS team. The Blazers will do their best to keep it a half court game.

I will try to give you guys an in-depth look at our Trail Blazers.

The Bigs
SpursFan hits this one right on the dot. There are few teams who can match our Bigs (Oden, Pryzbilla, LMA, Frye). From what I've read in this thread, I think some people are overlooking Joel Pryzbilla. He's not as explosive as Oden (post-surgery) but he's just as good, if not better, defending the paint and snagging rebounds. Offensively, Joel has been playing his best basketball in his career, being just as effective as Oden. I don't know a whole lot about the Knicks, so I'm not sure who your center is (with Curry out), but whoever is clashing with Greg and Joel (David Lee?) will have their hands full.

LMA is coming off a big game, Harrington is coming off a bigger game, both don't pride themselves on defense and both should put up some pretty big numbers.

If the Blazers rebound to their capabilities, they should dominate the boards. With the Knicks outside game, it will be critical for the Blazers to grab the long rebounds. Look for Oden, Pryzbilla, Aldridge, Batum and Outlaw to grab some offensive boards. But with those players charging, I could see the Knicks getting some fast break points on the boards they do grab.

Batum

He's the 19 year old version of Tayshaun Prince. Out of France, he is just as gritty as the Compton native Prince. Obviously not as good, but similar. Same body (tall and skinny), very athletic, great perimeter defense, can hit the 3 and can finish around the basket. My bet is he'll be guarding one of the Knicks shooters and that will be a key match-up.

Roy

If the Knicks defense starts getting on your nerves, just watch Brandon Roy. You will then see why your defense is bugging you. Watch him off screens, watch how he handles double-teams, watch how he handles one on ones, and WATCH HIS CROSSOVER! Brandon Roy is a top 10 player in the NBA. If you know basketball, you will see why tomorrow night.

Blake

Playing the best basketball of his career, Blake won't make mistakes and is shooting lights out as of late. The only thing...Dayam.

Spanish Connection

You guys should be jealous of Sergio. With Duhon and Nate, I'm not sure where he'd fit in with your team, but D'Antoni could find a place for him. Sergio was almost on the Suns with him and this kid can push it. He's the ignighter off the bench.

If you don't know Rudy Fernandez yet...you will. If you don't believe, venture on over to YouTube and check him out. He is my favorite player in the NBA now. He can shoot, he can dunk, he can pass, and he plays D. Most of all, watch him without the ball, the kid is QUICK.

Outlaw

Very althetic, can shoot the ball, can rebound at times. He's a very very good player but struggles keeping his focus and making routine basketball decisions.

Frye

You guys know Frye. He's a solid player...but his shot has been off as of late.

Bench

Rudy = sick. Sergio = sick. Travis = sick. Frye = ehh. Pryzbilla = sick. The Blazers bench is one of the best in the NBA. They had a tough game against Detriot, so look for them to play well.

My prediction

Blazers 105 Knicks 95. The Knicks should get some nice fast break buckets and some 3's, but in the end, the Blazers are just too deep. The Blazers will outrebound, outhustle, and outshoot the Knicks. Blazers are 5-0 vs the east...Blazers help defense has been on fire, just look what they've done the last 4 games. They've held Sacramento to 90 points, Miami to 68, New Orleans to 86, and Detriot to 85. This will be a good game and goodluck!

smokes

Huge Member
From what I've seen, it's full of some classy people.

My cynical side just exploded, I think I need a glass of water!

No, in all seriousness, it's nice to get the view of someone from the enemy, especially such an in-depth one. One side of me see's the Blazers taking this one due to their depth and defense, however as the saying goes, "offense wins games, defense wins championships". This is just a game and after the scoring performance we put on last time our Knicks are gonna be riding high! Here's hoping for a great game.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I want to first say, this is a really cool site you guys have here, your all lucky to have a site like this, run by the people. From what I've seen, it's full of some classy people.

I will try to give you guys an in-depth look at our Trail Blazers.

The Bigs
SpursFan hits this one right on the dot. There are few teams who can match our Bigs (Oden, Pryzbilla, LMA, Frye). From what I've read in this thread, I think some people are overlooking Joel Pryzbilla. He's not as explosive as Oden (post-surgery) but he's just as good, if not better, defending the paint and snagging rebounds. Offensively, Joel has been playing his best basketball in his career, being just as effective as Oden. I don't know a whole lot about the Knicks, so I'm not sure who your center is (with Curry out), but whoever is clashing with Greg and Joel (David Lee?) will have their hands full.

LMA is coming off a big game, Harrington is coming off a bigger game, both don't pride themselves on defense and both should put up some pretty big numbers.

If the Blazers rebound to their capabilities, they should dominate the boards. With the Knicks outside game, it will be critical for the Blazers to grab the long rebounds. Look for Oden, Pryzbilla, Aldridge, Batum and Outlaw to grab some offensive boards. But with those players charging, I could see the Knicks getting some fast break points on the boards they do grab.

Batum

He's the 19 year old version of Tayshaun Prince. Out of France, he is just as gritty as the Compton native Prince. Obviously not as good, but similar. Same body (tall and skinny), very athletic, great perimeter defense, can hit the 3 and can finish around the basket. My bet is he'll be guarding one of the Knicks shooters and that will be a key match-up.

Roy

If the Knicks defense starts getting on your nerves, just watch Brandon Roy. You will then see why your defense is bugging you. Watch him off screens, watch how he handles double-teams, watch how he handles one on ones, and WATCH HIS CROSSOVER! Brandon Roy is a top 10 player in the NBA. If you know basketball, you will see why tomorrow night.

Blake

Playing the best basketball of his career, Blake won't make mistakes and is shooting lights out as of late. The only thing...Dayam.

Spanish Connection

You guys should be jealous of Sergio. With Duhon and Nate, I'm not sure where he'd fit in with your team, but D'Antoni could find a place for him. Sergio was almost on the Suns with him and this kid can push it. He's the ignighter off the bench.

If you don't know Rudy Fernandez yet...you will. If you don't believe, venture on over to YouTube and check him out. He is my favorite player in the NBA now. He can shoot, he can dunk, he can pass, and he plays D. Most of all, watch him without the ball, the kid is QUICK.

Outlaw

Very althetic, can shoot the ball, can rebound at times. He's a very very good player but struggles keeping his focus and making routine basketball decisions.

Frye

You guys know Frye. He's a solid player...but his shot has been off as of late.

Bench

Rudy = sick. Sergio = sick. Travis = sick. Frye = ehh. Pryzbilla = sick. The Blazers bench is one of the best in the NBA. They had a tough game against Detriot, so look for them to play well.

My prediction

Blazers 105 Knicks 95. The Knicks should get some nice fast break buckets and some 3's, but in the end, the Blazers are just too deep. The Blazers will outrebound, outhustle, and outshoot the Knicks. Blazers are 5-0 vs the east...Blazers help defense has been on fire, just look what they've done the last 4 games. They've held Sacramento to 90 points, Miami to 68, New Orleans to 86, and Detriot to 85. This will be a good game and goodluck!

Thanks for the post. I'll be honest with you, I'm very jealous of your team right now. The Blazers are heading in the right direction. We may meet you in the finals in a few years. I've watched a few Blazer games this year. You've got a nice young core of players. Batum and Fernandez are going to be good players, I wish we had them.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only

Listen, every team is going to give us reason to worry. I'm just looking at our advantages...

I live in Queens, NY, I'm on a knicks related website, where I converse with other knick fans about their views on the new york knicks. So why the hell would I keep up with the blazers?!

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Blazers are way too good, young and deep for any short handed team to win.
They have so much young interchangeable good players, and they all play so hard, i just dont see how Knicks could stay fresh against them for 4 quarters.

The only hope is that they spend to much time getting Oden playing time, and let Knicks to gain big lead. Other Blazers arent playing so good with Oden on court yet.

jpz17

Starter
camby and z-bo were beastin on the heat last night.

zBo-27pts(11-20), 13rbs, 3asts
Camby-12pts, 12rbs, 4blks, 3asts

Thats the type of player randolph needs next to him (no homo), someone who can block shots and defend.

Good game thread abcd. I agree with Lee being the spotlight player...without randolph, theres alotta rebounds to be had. Its lee's time to shine.

It's close, but I'd pick Duhon, it will be very hard for him to compare to last game

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I think we are going to get blown out by Portland. Portland's bench could beat our starters on a lot of nights. LOL It's going to be ugly. Make plans because by halftime you are going to turn off the TV and will be looking for something to do.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I don't think the Knicks will win this one...I hate to be pessimistic. Like it was stated before, the Blazers are too deep for a depleted Knicks team to contend with, but I hope we're wrong.

The Blazers have done everything right in shaking that Jailblazers tag off their back. After the Lakers, they are poised to be the next great team out west. They're a perfect example for teams in a rebuilding process like the Knicks to follow.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
this is gonna be a tough game for us to win even though we are at home and are coming off a nice win vs the Warriors...

The Blazers have a good mix of offense and defense and the result is their record 12-6 they have been hot recently...Roy is playing great basketball and showing that he's one of the top players in the league and still improving Blake has been suprisingly good better then most expected of him and is doing a good job running the point Fernandez has been a steal for the blazers showing he could be a good player in this league and has been great in the fourth quarter Oden is slow to put up the numbers that we expect but he's getting some games and minutes under his belt and that'll only help him in the long run and Aldridge has been grat and only getting better he has a good post game and rebounds the ball at a good rate

on the flip side the knicks are coming off a huge win vs the Warriors on Saturday where they showed toughness and tenacity, winning with impressive numbers (individual and as a team) even with our injury depleted roster...Lee was a monster and with the departure of Z-Bo he's given his chance to shine and has done real well averaging about 22 pnts 14 reb with more minutes and shot opprotunites, Chandler is great on both sides of the ball gets better every game and will only get better, Harrington seems to have his game legs back and showed that on Saturday and will continue to be good, and Duhon has showen that he could run a team with efficency as a starter, and is still pretty young and could be around for a while

Prediction: Blazers-107 Knicks-93, we show fight throughout the game keep the game close but the blazers are just bigger and better and pull away in the final minutes.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
this is gonna be a tough game for us to win even though we are at home and are coming off a nice win vs the Warriors...

The Blazers have a good mix of offense and defense and the result is their record 12-6 they have been hot recently...Roy is playing great basketball and showing that he's one of the top players in the league and still improving Blake has been suprisingly good better then most expected of him and is doing a good job running the point Fernandez has been a steal for the blazers showing he could be a good player in this league and has been great in the fourth quarter Oden is slow to put up the numbers that we expect but he's getting some games and minutes under his belt and that'll only help him in the long run and Aldridge has been grat and only getting better he has a good post game and rebounds the ball at a good rate

on the flip side the knicks are coming off a huge win vs the Warriors on Saturday where they showed toughness and tenacity, winning with impressive numbers (individual and as a team) even with our injury depleted roster...Lee was a monster and with the departure of Z-Bo he's given his chance to shine and has done real well averaging about 22 pnts 14 reb with more minutes and shot opprotunites, Chandler is great on both sides of the ball gets better every game and will only get better, Harrington seems to have his game legs back and showed that on Saturday and will continue to be good, and Duhon has showen that he could run a team with efficency as a starter, and is still pretty young and could be around for a while

Prediction: Blazers-107 Knicks-93, we show fight throughout the game keep the game close but the blazers are just bigger and better and pull away in the final minutes.

ahhh i was sure the knicks were gonna win but everyone siding with the blazers is making me 2nd guess my self lol, but im sure that even if we lose it will be a close game...nd i gotta give kudos to this blazer organization, just a few years ago they were the "jailblazers", the gm did a great job up cleaning everything up (tradin z-bo nd othas) nd gettin some great drafts. think about these wonderful trades that happened on draft day 2006 -> lamarcus aldridge for tyrus thomas (with the bulls) and brandon roy for randy foye (with the twolves)...i wonder who won those deals???

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
ahhh i was sure the knicks were gonna win but everyone siding with the blazers is making me 2nd guess my self lol, but im sure that even if we lose it will be a close game...nd i gotta give kudos to this blazer organization, just a few years ago they were the "jailblazers", the gm did a great job up cleaning everything up (tradin z-bo nd othas) nd gettin some great drafts. think about these wonderful trades that happened on draft day 2006 -> lamarcus aldridge for tyrus thomas (with the bulls) and brandon roy for randy foye (with the twolves)...i wonder who won those deals???

Walsh is doing the same thig here lmao, and yea those draft day trades were steals...Wolves and Bulls got ripped

Kiyaman

Legend
Young Portland Blazers will beat the Knicks by 20 or more points.

Both of the two Phoenix first round draft picks (2006 and 7) that coach Dantoni did'nt want will come with their "A" Game tonight vs Dantoni.
Both those players want to beat Dantoni by 5 points each.
Frye want to beat the Knicks by 5 points.
And Roy, Aldridge, Outlaw, and Greg Oden want a 10 point win.
So when you add up the Portland Players that want this win over the Knicks......I guess we will get Blown-Out of MSG by some young kids doing a defensive 25 point drive-by.

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter

Both of the two Phoenix first round draft picks (2006 and 7) that coach Dantoni did'nt want will come with their "A" Game tonight vs Dantoni.
So when you add up the Portland Players that want this win over the Knicks......I guess we will get Blown-Out of MSG by some young kids doing a defensive 25 point drive-by.

Err...is this supposed to be serious analysis? Frye "wants" to beat the Knicks by 5 points? Where did you come up with this and further where do you come up with these seemingly-arbitrary numbers?

I'd like to think that every player on the Knicks "wants" to beat every team by 50, does that mean they'll beat every team by 50?

GetRealistic

Starter

What? The more you post your negitivity the less i understand.

Don't you think Fyre is much happier to be playing on a winning team in Portland then in NY? And if Roy, Aldridge, Outlaw and Oden want a 10 point win why don't you think Lee, Robinson, and Duhon want a 10 point win?

You make no sense. All you had to say is Portland is an extremly young and talented team that should have no problem beating the Knicks. But instead you said that random nonsense.

I bet when Balkman plays the Knicks he's going to want to beat us by 50?

And when D. Nichols plays against the Knicks summer league team next year he'll want to win by 30.

portega1968

El Cacique
and when Stephon joins another team he will want to win by 100

Jamal probably wanted to win by 37 and when Zach and Mardy comeback they'll want to win by.... errr... a number please... ok... 29

BREAKING NEWS: The OKC Thunder would be happy if they beat us by one free throw, according to the mayor of Seattle

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

That was a crazy azz post, Kiyaman, but I agree. The Trailblazers definitely have the advantage. Don't worry about the haters. They just mad cause you a top 10 poster. Especially that crappy poster, GayBlack. Don't even listen to him. He's been dying for attention since he's gotten here.