View Poll Results: Will the Knicks come out with a win?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 39.13%
  • No

14 60.87%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Official New York Knicks vs. Portland Trailblazers Game Thread 12/2/08

I think we are going to get blown out by Portland. Portland's bench could beat our starters on a lot of nights. LOL It's going to be ugly. Make plans because by halftime you are going to turn off the TV and will be looking for something to do.

I don't think the Knicks will win this one...I hate to be pessimistic. Like it was stated before, the Blazers are too deep for a depleted Knicks team to contend with, but I hope we're wrong.

The Blazers have done everything right in shaking that Jailblazers tag off their back. After the Lakers, they are poised to be the next great team out west. They're a perfect example for teams in a rebuilding process like the Knicks to follow.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

this is gonna be a tough game for us to win even though we are at home and are coming off a nice win vs the Warriors...

The Blazers have a good mix of offense and defense and the result is their record 12-6 they have been hot recently...Roy is playing great basketball and showing that he's one of the top players in the league and still improving Blake has been suprisingly good better then most expected of him and is doing a good job running the point Fernandez has been a steal for the blazers showing he could be a good player in this league and has been great in the fourth quarter Oden is slow to put up the numbers that we expect but he's getting some games and minutes under his belt and that'll only help him in the long run and Aldridge has been grat and only getting better he has a good post game and rebounds the ball at a good rate

on the flip side the knicks are coming off a huge win vs the Warriors on Saturday where they showed toughness and tenacity, winning with impressive numbers (individual and as a team) even with our injury depleted roster...Lee was a monster and with the departure of Z-Bo he's given his chance to shine and has done real well averaging about 22 pnts 14 reb with more minutes and shot opprotunites, Chandler is great on both sides of the ball gets better every game and will only get better, Harrington seems to have his game legs back and showed that on Saturday and will continue to be good, and Duhon has showen that he could run a team with efficency as a starter, and is still pretty young and could be around for a while

Prediction: Blazers-107 Knicks-93, we show fight throughout the game keep the game close but the blazers are just bigger and better and pull away in the final minutes.

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    this is gonna be a tough game for us to win even though we are at home and are coming off a nice win vs the Warriors...

The Blazers have a good mix of offense and defense and the result is their record 12-6 they have been hot recently...Roy is playing great basketball and showing that he's one of the top players in the league and still improving Blake has been suprisingly good better then most expected of him and is doing a good job running the point Fernandez has been a steal for the blazers showing he could be a good player in this league and has been great in the fourth quarter Oden is slow to put up the numbers that we expect but he's getting some games and minutes under his belt and that'll only help him in the long run and Aldridge has been grat and only getting better he has a good post game and rebounds the ball at a good rate

on the flip side the knicks are coming off a huge win vs the Warriors on Saturday where they showed toughness and tenacity, winning with impressive numbers (individual and as a team) even with our injury depleted roster...Lee was a monster and with the departure of Z-Bo he's given his chance to shine and has done real well averaging about 22 pnts 14 reb with more minutes and shot opprotunites, Chandler is great on both sides of the ball gets better every game and will only get better, Harrington seems to have his game legs back and showed that on Saturday and will continue to be good, and Duhon has showen that he could run a team with efficency as a starter, and is still pretty young and could be around for a while

Prediction: Blazers-107 Knicks-93, we show fight throughout the game keep the game close but the blazers are just bigger and better and pull away in the final minutes.

ahhh i was sure the knicks were gonna win but everyone siding with the blazers is making me 2nd guess my self lol, but im sure that even if we lose it will be a close game...nd i gotta give kudos to this blazer organization, just a few years ago they were the "jailblazers", the gm did a great job up cleaning everything up (tradin z-bo nd othas) nd gettin some great drafts. think about these wonderful trades that happened on draft day 2006 -> lamarcus aldridge for tyrus thomas (with the bulls) and brandon roy for randy foye (with the twolves)...i wonder who won those deals???

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    ahhh i was sure the knicks were gonna win but everyone siding with the blazers is making me 2nd guess my self lol, but im sure that even if we lose it will be a close game...nd i gotta give kudos to this blazer organization, just a few years ago they were the "jailblazers", the gm did a great job up cleaning everything up (tradin z-bo nd othas) nd gettin some great drafts. think about these wonderful trades that happened on draft day 2006 -> lamarcus aldridge for tyrus thomas (with the bulls) and brandon roy for randy foye (with the twolves)...i wonder who won those deals???
    Walsh is doing the same thig here lmao, and yea those draft day trades were steals...Wolves and Bulls got ripped

Veteran

Game Thread

Young Portland Blazers will beat the Knicks by 20 or more points.

Both of the two Phoenix first round draft picks (2006 and 7) that coach Dantoni did'nt want will come with their "A" Game tonight vs Dantoni.
    Both those players want to beat Dantoni by 5 points each.
    Frye want to beat the Knicks by 5 points.
    And Roy, Aldridge, Outlaw, and Greg Oden want a 10 point win.
    So when you add up the Portland Players that want this win over the Knicks......I guess we will get Blown-Out of MSG by some young kids doing a defensive 25 point drive-by.
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Dec 02, 2008 at 08:09.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

Both of the two Phoenix first round draft picks (2006 and 7) that coach Dantoni did'nt want will come with their "A" Game tonight vs Dantoni.
    So when you add up the Portland Players that want this win over the Knicks......I guess we will get Blown-Out of MSG by some young kids doing a defensive 25 point drive-by.
    Err...is this supposed to be serious analysis? Frye "wants" to beat the Knicks by 5 points? Where did you come up with this and further where do you come up with these seemingly-arbitrary numbers?

I'd like to think that every player on the Knicks "wants" to beat every team by 50, does that mean they'll beat every team by 50?

What? The more you post your negitivity the less i understand.

Don't you think Fyre is much happier to be playing on a winning team in Portland then in NY? And if Roy, Aldridge, Outlaw and Oden want a 10 point win why don't you think Lee, Robinson, and Duhon want a 10 point win?

You make no sense. All you had to say is Portland is an extremly young and talented team that should have no problem beating the Knicks. But instead you said that random nonsense.

I bet when Balkman plays the Knicks he's going to want to beat us by 50?

And when D. Nichols plays against the Knicks summer league team next year he'll want to win by 30.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

and when Stephon joins another team he will want to win by 100

Jamal probably wanted to win by 37 and when Zach and Mardy comeback they'll want to win by.... errr... a number please... ok... 29

BREAKING NEWS: The OKC Thunder would be happy if they beat us by one free throw, according to the mayor of Seattle

KnicksonLIN.com

That was a crazy azz post, Kiyaman, but I agree. The Trailblazers definitely have the advantage. Don't worry about the haters. They just mad cause you a top 10 poster. Especially that crappy poster, GayBlack. Don't even listen to him. He's been dying for attention since he's gotten here.

Damn, looks like I got a stalker on this board in abcd...I don't do dudes abcd, sorry you'll have to ask metro or MSG to plug your butt tonight.

Edit: If I've been looking for attention, I've sure been getting it, for basically giving you the ether time and time and time again. Evidently you've gotten so threatened by my superior basketball IQ you just have to result to insults now...it's okay little man.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Gayblack25
    I envy ABCD, MSGKnickz33, metrocard, and Kiyaman.
    That was established a long time ago, Gayblack.

Originally Posted by abcd
    That was established a long time ago, Gayblack.
    HAHAHAAHAHA He can't even respond to my posts with real basketball knowledge or anything resembeling an intelligent thought so he has to modify them, what a ****in pathetic piece of garbage. Go back to the trash can you crawled out of, or was that your mother's stanky Gonohrea ridden vagina?

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    HAHAHAAHAHA He can't even respond to my posts with real basketball knowledge or anything resembeling an intelligent thought so he has to modify them, what a ****in pathetic piece of garbage. Go back to the trash can you crawled out of, or was that your mother's stanky Gonohrea ridden vagina?
    Have you seen Gayblack? He's on my ignore list. *clicks ignore*

Now that Gayblack is gone, let's talk about basketball.

As I was saying before, I agree with Kiyaman. The Trailblazers have the advantage, so it's going to be hard for the Knicks to win. Anything is possible, since the Knicks are at home, but it's going to be a challenge either way.

Sweet I'm on abcd's ignore list now as he runs and hides again from me...another loss for Team Starbury.

In any case, if anyone can tell me where that guy got his arbitrary numbering system from and why because they want it to happen it will happen I'd like to hear it? I'd like to think every team wants to go in and blow another team out, on the road or at home. But sometimes desire and even riding high on emotion doesn't always do the trick.

The real problem is we have nobody to guard their big men tonight, Oden and LaMarcus Aldridge and dare I say perhaps even Channing Frye should run wild tonight, and we'll have a hard time slowing them down.